Laurel View Country Club

Dress code: Proper attire is required.

Location is in the 'burbs convenient to the city worth the drive   Great for locals wildlife/ scenic views advanced golfers   Challenges include elevation changes narrow fairways water hazards   Great for drinks

"Staff"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/08/2017

Forced me to play with another person when I requested not too and asked nicely. Staff got rude and forced me to go when there were many carts available and it ended up ruining the round.

fish367's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/08/2017
Previously played Used cart Verified Purchaser

The sand traps were all heavy dirt, rocks, and mud, no sand. Many of the greens had dead grass spots.

Response from Laurel View Country Club on 08/11/2017:

Hi fish367, thanks for the review. We're sorry that the course conditions weren't up to par during your round. Thanks for giving us a shot!

"Embarrassing"

timta's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/06/2017

The so-called bunkers on this course are horrible. There is not one bit of sand. There's plenty of rocks and hardpan though. Impossible to hit out of them. The cart paths will break your spine. Whomever cuts the holes must be self-taught, there are plenty of green imperfections from previous holes. The clover gets high and turns white making it hard to find your ball in the rough.

Response from Laurel View Country Club on 08/11/2017:

Hi timta, thanks for the review. We're sorry that the course conditions weren't up to par during your round. Thanks for giving us a shot!

"Bunker"

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/03/2017

Very disappointed in this course.there was not one bunker you could play out of and the greens were terrible. No maintenance done on the course except for the fairways nothing was watered.we will not play there again unless new owners improve the course.

Response from Laurel View Country Club on 08/11/2017:

Hi u213687651, thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback. We're sorry the course conditions weren't up to par during your round, but we appreciate you giving us a shot!

"Great afternoon"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/30/2017

Overall the course was ok condition. The tees werre ok(better than they have been), the fairways were good and the greens were fast. The sand traps were TERRIBLE! they were mostly mud, dirt and rocks, no sand. That was very sad.

The weather was absolutely perfect and the price was right.

Response from Laurel View Country Club on 08/11/2017:

Hi u375726021, thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We appreciate your feedback and hope you give us another shot in the future. Thanks for playing!

"Great course for the money"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/25/2017

I booked the night before and got a super hot deal. It had rained the day before but the course was nice and dry. Fairways and greens were in good condition. I think they could move the tee boxes around more often for the par 3s but other than that I have no complaints. I will be playing there again soon.

Response from Laurel View Country Club on 08/11/2017:

Hi u000006472860, thanks for the great review. We're glad to hear you enjoyed your round and that you found one of our hot deals! We're looking forward to your next round with us and thanks for playing!

"This course has been neglected"

John1001681's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/22/2017

This course has been neglected for years. It is in very poor shape. The greens have not been maintained and the sand traps are horrible. There is only hard dirt in the traps. The 19th hole is only open until 4:00. This course has become a joke

Response from Laurel View Country Club on 08/11/2017:

Hi John1001681, we're sorry to hear the course conditions weren't up to par during your round. We appreciate you giving us a shot and leaving your feedback. Thanks for playing!

"Underwhelming"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/21/2017

Had an ok round booked fine in advance the price was ok for what I payed but the course and the staff I found lacking the pace of play felt like they were allowing anyone to go out at any time and I felt like the staff wasn't very knowledgeable and I just find the course as a whole dirty and unkept from the club house to the greens.. it has a nice layout with some challenging holes and some easy ones but i find the expirence lacking I played once before last year and thought I'd give it another try but most likely will not book again unless it's back down below 10$ and have no where else to play

Response from Laurel View Country Club on 08/11/2017:

Hi u5977142, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We're sorry to hear the course conditions weren't up to par during your round, but are glad to hear you enjoyed some of the layout. We appreciate you giving us another shot!

ajodell's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/21/2017

Response from Laurel View Country Club on 07/26/2017:

Hi ajodell, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We're sorry to hear that the course conditions weren't up to par during your round, but are glad to hear you enjoyed the layout and pace of play. We hope to see you again soon! Thanks for playing.

"Worst course I've ever played"

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/20/2017

I have no clue how this course has 3 stars. There must be some funny business going on. This is a 2 star course at best. It is in some real need of help. I would never play this course again unless the fees are like $20 w cart. The greens are horribly maintained and the fairways are even worse. It probably hasn't been treated for bugs in who knows how long and they are over running the course. The layout is confusing. It is woodsy which I like and at one hole a Deer was watching me tee-off which was really cool but aside from that I have nothing positive to say. The carts are the worst I've ever driven as well. I have no idea how they could call themselves a "country club" when they have 0 club amenities. I've public/municipal courses better maintained than this. They either need to get new management or just close down for business. I've seen the responses on here that they are allegedly "working on the course" but I saw very little grounds keeping staff. Please save your money if the fee is over $20

"Go some where else"

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/17/2017

These are the poorest kept greens I've ever played in my life. The course is nice and woodsy. Some of the holes par ratings make no sense. The cart was terrible. Honestly I don't think I would ever Golf here again unless they make some major changes. It's honestly not worth $30 for 18 holes with a cart with so much competition in the area.

Response from Laurel View Country Club on 07/25/2017:

Hi u4408022, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We're sorry to hear the course conditions weren't up to par during your round. Our staff is currently working improve the conditions of our greens and we hope you give us another shot in the future to check them out. Thanks for playing!

"Hot deal"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/11/2017

Have played here many times before. Was able to get a hot deal during the middle of the week. Showed up early due to rain in the forecast and he wonderful woman at the front let us tee off early to beat the weather. Course is under new ownership and conditions are gradually improving.

Response from Laurel View Country Club on 08/11/2017:

Hi u035610305, thanks for the kind words! We're glad to hear you enjoyed your round at Laurel View. We're looking forward to your next round with us. Thanks for playing!

"Decent course for practice, good value"

durabin's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/07/2017

LV is in good shape for a course that gets a lot of play. Some playersdon't show much etiquette, leaving large divots unattended. The layout is quirky, with some holes leaving you scratching your head (6, 10, 11, 18). Not my first choice but close to New Haven and a good online value.

Response from Laurel View Country Club on 08/11/2017:

Hi durabin, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We hope to see you again soon. Thanks for playing!

"Needs some attention"

Agusto49's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/05/2017

My first time playing this course, layout is tight on some holes and challenging as well, had a little trouble finding the next hole at times and paths are not good in many places, but for the money, not a bad course.

Response from Laurel View Country Club on 08/11/2017:

Hi Agusto49, thanks for the review! We're glad to hear you had an enjoyable round and hope you consider giving us another shot in the future. Thanks for playing!

golfjv01's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/05/2017

Response from Laurel View Country Club on 08/11/2017:

Hi golfjv01, thanks for the review! Come back and see us again soon.

"No staff to be had"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/26/2017

We played on a Monday and no one had emptied garbage at course anywhere! It was spilled over into grounds at several places!

Traps were non existent, no staff other then person you bought ticket from.

Hole layout is ok and greens are in pretty good condition .

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/22/2017

Response from Laurel View Country Club on 08/11/2017:

Hi u848115755, thanks for the great review! We hope to see you again soon.

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/05/2017

Response from Laurel View Country Club on 06/07/2017:

Hi u1280664, we're sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your round at Laurel View. We appreciate your feedback and hope you give us another shot in the future. Thanks for playing!

"Tee Time Mix Up"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/28/2017

Played on 5/28...

I booked my Golfnow tee time for a single player the day before. Got to the course early to stretch and putt. Was summoned back to the pro shop to discuss a problem. Starter took a reservation from a gentleman and his 3 grandsons. Starter heard 3, and made a tee time for 3, leaving a single spot open which I took. Problem was that the grandfather showed up making it a 4some.

Matt in the pro shop sent me off the back, which was great b/c I finished that 9 in 65 minutes.

Problem was that when I made the turn, there was nothing but 4somes on the tee so there was no place to put me.

Matt did the right thing by giving me a voucher for a free round with cart (no restrictions/no expiration date)...but I still only played nine holes that day.

Response from Laurel View Country Club on 05/31/2017:

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review of your experience. We apologize for the confusion regarding your round. We hope you give us another chance with your voucher for a free round to make up for the confusion. We're looking forward to seeing you again soon!

russell77's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/18/2017

Course Layout: Poor

Response from Laurel View Country Club on 05/23/2017:

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We're sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your round at Laurel View Country Club. We hope you give us another shot in the future.