Laurel View Country Club

Dress code: Proper attire is required.

Location is in the 'burbs convenient to the city worth the drive   Great for locals wildlife/ scenic views advanced golfers   Challenges include elevation changes narrow fairways water hazards   Great for drinks

"beaytifull day and great views"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/27/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

The fairways and greens were in great shape with great views. All the ball washers were broken and there was no drinking water available on the course. Its wert playing at a discount price just bring your own beverages.

JV

Response from Laurel View Country Club on 10/02/2017:

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate your feedback about our ball washers and water not being available on the course. We hope you consider giving us another shot in the future. Thanks for playing!

uV1AU8153V1's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/18/2017

There are no drinking water for the entire course and over charges.

Response from Laurel View Country Club on 09/21/2017:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again soon for another round!

"Has the ability to be a great course but..."

Kurtb2014's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/12/2017

Live in Hamden so this is a easy stop for me to get in a round. Was charged 45 once without a golf now reservation where you pay 35 so keep that in mind for a "discount". Course has gone downhill over the years due to rumors of a bad golf pro running the place so I hear, but in 2017 I find the course to be in good shape for the most part. Cart paths do need work, sand traps are not sand, but fairways are OK and for the most part the greens look great. I see signs for "mickeys grill" on some of the holes but never see a restaurant open and the pro shop has nothing in it for sale. Anyway, I still like coming here and will continue. Hope they turn it around over the next few years.

Response from Laurel View Country Club on 09/18/2017:

Hi Kurtb2014, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate your feedback and are looking forward to your next round with us. Thanks for playing!

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/10/2017

Response from Laurel View Country Club on 09/14/2017:

Thanks for the 4-star review. We hope to see you again soon for another round.

"Satisfactory. Great potential"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/08/2017

Appartantly low budget town maintenance. Mowers were noisy lacks reseeding. Divot filler lacked scoops. Challenging course. Could be great with more care. Greens and fairways were decent. Several traps in poor condition

Response from Laurel View Country Club on 09/14/2017:

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We're sorry to hear the course conditions weren't up to par during your round. We hope you consider giving us another shot in the future.

"Nice coarse, but not well maintained"

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/08/2017

This was once a premier coarse, but it has gone downhill. There are weeds growing in the traps, which seem to get raked once a month. The sand, if you can call it sand, needs rejuvenating or replacing. There are weeds in the apron around the greens, and there are a lot of damaged spots on the greens that are not being repaired. The cart paths are washed out and in great need of repair.

Response from Laurel View Country Club on 09/11/2017:

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate your feedback about our course conditions and apologize they weren't up to par during your round. We appreciate you giving us a shot!

cat9's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/31/2017

Response from Laurel View Country Club on 09/06/2017:

Hi cat9, thanks for leaving us a review! We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again soon!

"Bad last year, worse this year!"

mauilaui's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/20/2017

The course is in need of some TLC... The traps don't have any sand at all. They are filled with dirt and rocks. Played there last year and there weren't enough carts. Had to wait a half hour for carts to come in then. Had to wait about twenty minutes this time. And the cart paths are in rough shape too. The pro shop is almost non existent. Pretty much down to a counter and a cash register.

Response from Laurel View Country Club on 08/24/2017:

Hi mauilaui, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate your feedback about our course conditions and hope you consider giving us another shot in the future. Thanks for playing!

"Staff"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/08/2017

Forced me to play with another person when I requested not too and asked nicely. Staff got rude and forced me to go when there were many carts available and it ended up ruining the round.

Response from Laurel View Country Club on 08/24/2017:

Hi Mike, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We sorry to hear you didn't have the best experience with our staff. We appreciate you giving us a shot!

fish367's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/08/2017
Previously played Used cart Verified Purchaser

The sand traps were all heavy dirt, rocks, and mud, no sand. Many of the greens had dead grass spots.

Response from Laurel View Country Club on 08/11/2017:

Hi fish367, thanks for the review. We're sorry that the course conditions weren't up to par during your round. Thanks for giving us a shot!

"Embarrassing"

timta's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/06/2017

The so-called bunkers on this course are horrible. There is not one bit of sand. There's plenty of rocks and hardpan though. Impossible to hit out of them. The cart paths will break your spine. Whomever cuts the holes must be self-taught, there are plenty of green imperfections from previous holes. The clover gets high and turns white making it hard to find your ball in the rough.

Response from Laurel View Country Club on 08/11/2017:

Hi timta, thanks for the review. We're sorry that the course conditions weren't up to par during your round. Thanks for giving us a shot!

"Bunker"

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/03/2017

Very disappointed in this course.there was not one bunker you could play out of and the greens were terrible. No maintenance done on the course except for the fairways nothing was watered.we will not play there again unless new owners improve the course.

Response from Laurel View Country Club on 08/11/2017:

Hi u213687651, thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback. We're sorry the course conditions weren't up to par during your round, but we appreciate you giving us a shot!

"Great afternoon"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/30/2017

Overall the course was ok condition. The tees werre ok(better than they have been), the fairways were good and the greens were fast. The sand traps were TERRIBLE! they were mostly mud, dirt and rocks, no sand. That was very sad.

The weather was absolutely perfect and the price was right.

Response from Laurel View Country Club on 08/11/2017:

Hi u375726021, thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We appreciate your feedback and hope you give us another shot in the future. Thanks for playing!

"Great course for the money"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/25/2017

I booked the night before and got a super hot deal. It had rained the day before but the course was nice and dry. Fairways and greens were in good condition. I think they could move the tee boxes around more often for the par 3s but other than that I have no complaints. I will be playing there again soon.

Response from Laurel View Country Club on 08/11/2017:

Hi u000006472860, thanks for the great review. We're glad to hear you enjoyed your round and that you found one of our hot deals! We're looking forward to your next round with us and thanks for playing!

"This course has been neglected"

John1001681's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/22/2017

This course has been neglected for years. It is in very poor shape. The greens have not been maintained and the sand traps are horrible. There is only hard dirt in the traps. The 19th hole is only open until 4:00. This course has become a joke

Response from Laurel View Country Club on 08/11/2017:

Hi John1001681, we're sorry to hear the course conditions weren't up to par during your round. We appreciate you giving us a shot and leaving your feedback. Thanks for playing!

"Underwhelming"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/21/2017

Had an ok round booked fine in advance the price was ok for what I payed but the course and the staff I found lacking the pace of play felt like they were allowing anyone to go out at any time and I felt like the staff wasn't very knowledgeable and I just find the course as a whole dirty and unkept from the club house to the greens.. it has a nice layout with some challenging holes and some easy ones but i find the expirence lacking I played once before last year and thought I'd give it another try but most likely will not book again unless it's back down below 10$ and have no where else to play

Response from Laurel View Country Club on 08/11/2017:

Hi u5977142, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We're sorry to hear the course conditions weren't up to par during your round, but are glad to hear you enjoyed some of the layout. We appreciate you giving us another shot!

ajodell's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/21/2017

Response from Laurel View Country Club on 07/26/2017:

Hi ajodell, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We're sorry to hear that the course conditions weren't up to par during your round, but are glad to hear you enjoyed the layout and pace of play. We hope to see you again soon! Thanks for playing.

"Worst course I've ever played"

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/20/2017

I have no clue how this course has 3 stars. There must be some funny business going on. This is a 2 star course at best. It is in some real need of help. I would never play this course again unless the fees are like $20 w cart. The greens are horribly maintained and the fairways are even worse. It probably hasn't been treated for bugs in who knows how long and they are over running the course. The layout is confusing. It is woodsy which I like and at one hole a Deer was watching me tee-off which was really cool but aside from that I have nothing positive to say. The carts are the worst I've ever driven as well. I have no idea how they could call themselves a "country club" when they have 0 club amenities. I've public/municipal courses better maintained than this. They either need to get new management or just close down for business. I've seen the responses on here that they are allegedly "working on the course" but I saw very little grounds keeping staff. Please save your money if the fee is over $20

"Go some where else"

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/17/2017

These are the poorest kept greens I've ever played in my life. The course is nice and woodsy. Some of the holes par ratings make no sense. The cart was terrible. Honestly I don't think I would ever Golf here again unless they make some major changes. It's honestly not worth $30 for 18 holes with a cart with so much competition in the area.

Response from Laurel View Country Club on 07/25/2017:

Hi u4408022, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We're sorry to hear the course conditions weren't up to par during your round. Our staff is currently working improve the conditions of our greens and we hope you give us another shot in the future to check them out. Thanks for playing!

"Hot deal"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/11/2017

Have played here many times before. Was able to get a hot deal during the middle of the week. Showed up early due to rain in the forecast and he wonderful woman at the front let us tee off early to beat the weather. Course is under new ownership and conditions are gradually improving.

Response from Laurel View Country Club on 08/11/2017:

Hi u035610305, thanks for the kind words! We're glad to hear you enjoyed your round at Laurel View. We're looking forward to your next round with us. Thanks for playing!