Laurel Island Links

Practice bunker: Yes
Practice hole: No
Simulator: No

Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex, Discover Welcomed

Location is worth the drive in the 'burbs convenient to the city   Great for wildlife/ scenic views locals seniors   Challenges include water hazards bunkers forced carries   Great for drinks brunch watching the game

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/16/2018

"Great layout"

suzqgolfer's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/16/2018

We enjoyed our round very much. Greens are smooth with good speed. Marsh views are lovely. Holes are interesting and varied.

Excellent driving range, putting green and practice areas . This is a great stopping point if you are traveling to Florida. Definitely worth a stop over for a terrific golf course at a great value.

zoey0108's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/22/2017

"Great Time with Daughter"

jmartin31545's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/16/2017

My daughter (age 13) and I played here in the afternoon and had a very smooth round. Pace was never a problem and the course was in good shape for the winter season. The staff at the pro shop were very friendly and answered any questions we had. I would recommend this course to anyone looking for a fun round on a moderately challenging course, especially for time spent with your children.

"Very nice experience"

tonyneal's avatar
Plays:  Once every three months

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/14/2017

Beautiful course and tough layout. First time playing the course and impressed. Not easily walked as there are several long distances between green and tee boxes. Nice experience and planning to return soon.

"Great course(greens slow but good)"

rickdavis's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/05/2017

Golf course in great shape !

Staff has no personality..but course is good.

"Laurel Island"

raineyd's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/30/2017

A great course, surroundings and club house. You can’t go wrong!

"A Consistently Good Value"

GStrand's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/14/2017
Previously played Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

We enjoy this course, as it is moderately priced and moderately challenging for the amateur golfer. We will be back and usually bring a neighbor when we play.

"Good layout for a good price"

BufordTJustice's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/05/2017

Course is a nice layout, but condition is average at best.

Response from Laurel Island Links on 11/08/2017:

Hello Buford, thank you for reviewing our course, Laurel Island Links in the Jekyll Island/Savannah area, and for the 3 stars. We're sorry to hear the course may not have been in the best shape on the day of your round, and we greatly appreciate your feedback for future improvements. However, we're glad you enjoyed the course layout and had a pleasant experience with our staff. Thank you for golfing with us, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

"Not Too Bad"

wedlml's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/31/2017

Because of seeding on the front nine had to play the back twice. As stated in other reviews, rough was alittle thick and hard to find your ball (good challenge,but pace was slow). Otherwise the pace was a little slow having to let a twosome through who were playing best ball and breathing down our necks, then 2 holes later a single came charging through who seemed annoyed that we weren't faster or that we didn't wait sooner for him.

Also the hot dogs seemed like they were cooked way before we got them, were cool and the condiments are lacking, no onions or relish. Poor selection of sodas in cans or bottles and no chips to speak of.

u000005206684's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/17/2017

"Not bad.... but."

Buzzyboo's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/15/2017

it's a great track to play, easy holes, epically the front nine, hardest holes on back nine. That's not the problem though. The greens were good, that's about it. The rough is ridiculous long and penal. Lost a couple of balls in the rough, just couldn't see them, no forecaddie to help. Lol. The"fairways" had lots of weeds. The traps, well let's say they're BAD ! Some overgrown, most had hard packed sand/ dirt. Again, tee boxes were full of weeds, pine cones and pine straw. Sad to say this was a very nice course. Heard there is new owners.... hope they can flip it around.

Response from Laurel Island Links on 10/19/2017:

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Laurel Island Links. We are sorry to hear that the course conditions may not have been in the best shape on your day of play, and we greatly appreciate your feedback in regards to improvements. It looks like you enjoyed the layout of our course, as well as our staff, which we hope improved your overall customer experience. Thank you for playing our course in the Jekyll Island/Savannah area, and we hope to see you again soon.

"FAIRWAYS"

THOMASBROADBENT's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/27/2017

FAIRWAYS MOWED TOO LATE / GRASS LUMPS ALL OVER / SEWCOND CUT TO HIGH /VERY DIFFICULT TO FIND BALL/ SLOWS DOWN PLAY TO MUCH

Response from Laurel Island Links on 10/03/2017:

Hello Thomas, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Laurel Island Links, and for the 3-stars. We are sorry to hear that the fairways may not have been in the best condition when you played and the rough may have been a little too thick. Your feedback is appreciated. It looks like you had a friendly experience with our staff, so we are glad to see that. Thank you for golfing with us and we hope to see you again soon.

"The course is going downhill"

u000005207145's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/25/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

The course is not getting the care that it should be getting. Tee boxes poor. Fairways are being overwhelmed by weeds. Rough areas are very deep with the Bermuda grass, hard to find and get out of them. Seems like the course is in serious neglect.

Very disappointed.

Response from Laurel Island Links on 09/29/2017:

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Laurel Island Links, in the Jekyll Island area. We are sorry to hear that the course may not have been in the best shape when you played and your feedback is appreciated so we know where improvements can be made. It looks like you may have enjoyed the layout of the course, so we hope that improved your round. Thank you for golfing with us and we hope to see you again soon.

"Where to start?"

Eclarke10's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/24/2017

My wife and I played here the other day and all I can say is it needs serious help. The tee boxes are a bit on the rough side. The fairways are overgrown with weeds and crabgrass. The rough areas along the perimeter were so deep that we literally lost a dozen golf balls in the rough. The greens were fast, but browned out and extremely hard. Couldn't get an approach shot to stick all day. Would hit and roll off the back. The layout of this course is awesome, extremely challenging, but is overshadowed by the numberous issues surrounding as you play. This could be due to hurricane Irma but they need to put some time toward course improvement. Not worth the money.

Response from Laurel Island Links on 09/28/2017:

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Laurel Island Links, in the Kingsland area. We are sorry to hear that our course was in poor condition when you last played. But, we are happy to hear that you love our course layout and that you found our staff friendly. We appreciate your feedback, and we hope to see you again soon.

"Turtle vs 3-legged turtle"

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/23/2017

Pace of play was absolutely atrocious and because of this I will not be coming back. Amazingly enough, I got stuck behind 5 foursomes in a row and it took close to 2 hours to play 4.5 holes. It got so bad that I picked up my ball and just quit for the day after paying for the over-priced course.

I don't know what Laurel Links needs to do to improve this situation, but I will never come back.

Response from Laurel Island Links on 09/27/2017:

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Laurel Island Links, in the Jekyll Island area. We are sorry to hear that you did not have an enjoyable experience playing our golf course due to the poor pace of play. Your feedback is appreciated and we hope that you will see an improvement if you choose to play with us again. Thank you for golfing with us and we hope to see you again soon.

"Where's my ball?"

Shelley4929666's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/22/2017

I have to give them credit for trying, the greens where in fantastic shape but I lost 3 balls on the fairway it was as thick as the rough . If you hit in the rough it's the same as a stroke penalty because you'll never find it. I don't know if they didn't get a chance to cut them or not but I did read in a previous review the fairways where thicker than normal so this must be the norm.

Response from Laurel Island Links on 09/27/2017:

Hello Shelley, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Laurel Island Links We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our greens, but we are sorry to hear that the fairways may not have been in the best shape. Your feedback is appreciated so that we know where improvements can be made. Thank you for choosing our golf course, in the Jekyll Island area, and we hope to see you again soon.

"Great course for beginners and golfers of average abilities"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/22/2017

A realy good value for the money. Greens were fine, and fairways have plenty of grass. We did decide to skip one hole, because of a twosome of very slow golfers. My thought was they were probably begginers and didn't know enough to wave us through.

"First day back"

garysgolfdeals's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/20/2017

We played the first day opening after hurricane Irma. Work crew had did a great job getting course open things were obviously a little rough yet. Not everything had been mowed. Overall it was a good experience

ETCASC's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/04/2017

Fairways are overrun with weeds and crabgrass. Large unmarked hole in fairway of hole #4. The weeds covered the hole which can swallow your golf cart. Hard to understand how the greens can be in very good condition and the rest of the course can be so bad. Even the cart path needs some serious repairs. Will not be back anytime soon to play this course.

Response from Laurel Island Links on 09/08/2017:

Hello Edward, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Laurel Island Links. We are sorry to hear that the course may not have been in the best shape when you played. Your feedback is appreciated so we know where improvements need to be made. It looks like you enjoyed the course layout, so we hope that made your round a little better. Thank you for choosing our golf course, in the Jekyll Island area, and we hope to earn your business again soon.