Laurel Island Links

Practice bunker: Yes
Practice hole: No
Simulator: No

Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex, Discover Welcomed

Location is worth the drive in the 'burbs convenient to the city   Great for wildlife/ scenic views locals seniors   Challenges include water hazards bunkers forced carries   Great for drinks brunch watching the game

jtwilkenson's avatar

"Still need work"

Dan7645118's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/07/2017

Course is improving!

But it still needs some $$ to improve the Greens and level out the Tees!

Layout is great and for the $$$ it is a really good deal

Response from Laurel Island Links on 08/10/2017:

Hi Dan, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Laurel Island Links. We are glad you noticed our improvements! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the pace of play, staff, and course layout. We hope that you'll join us again soon for an even better round in the Savannah/Jekyll Island area.

"Fun day"

Willis5352197's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/02/2017

Great layout, fairways in great shape, roughs are rough, greens are not in good condition but the weather has been awful. Sand traps need sand. Tee boxes are worst I've ever seen them. Staff is friendly and courteous. Cart girl is great and makes her rounds promptly. Had lunch after the round and the food was good and the serve staff was friendly. We really enjoy this course and know that once the weather cooperates the course conditions will improve. The superintendent is one of the best if not the best in the area.

johnmeadows62's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/01/2017

"Not going in the right direction."

osteens2008's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/16/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather

Have been playing this course frequently since November. With the only other course in our area is replacing their greens, it's about the only place to play without an hour drive. First let me say the weather in our area was been from drought to flooded from week to week. Since I am not a course manager, I can only imagine what challenges this presents. What me and my group are, is recreational weekend golfers. So from our perspective is all I can provide. Since November we were understanding, every time we would say " Hopefully it will get better ". Today we went away from the Hot Deals to avoid the hot weather. Must say the driving range was in great shape, and we loved the new yardage markers. Putting green was in great shape as usual. Once we teed off and got thru the first 3 holes, we realized nothing was improving, just getting worse. The tee box conditions were hit and miss. Greens didn't have the fungus like the last round we played last month, but of course the scaring was there. Our biggest thought was, why put the hole right in the middle of the worse part of the green? There was a Starter, that also was doing double duty as a ranger. We seen him once on the back 9. Figured he was called out for us, because the guys behind kept hitting up on us. What they didn't realize was the group in front of us had 3 riders, and a walker. We were trying to pace ourselves not to hit up on them. By the way, we let a single play thru because we do know etiquette. Worse part of the round was the 2nd cut. It appears they had just cut it for the first time in awhile. They left thick clumps of the mowed grass all along the course. Like I stated before we are weekend warriors, 1 shoots in the 90's, and the other 2 shoots between 100 & 110 without handicaps. So yes, we are going to be off the fairway. I really believe the grounds crew just didn't care to blow our mow to kick the grass clippings off the course. We also noticed the holes with ridges. Come on guys, I know you can bring this course back to average at least. Yes, we will play here again just hoping we can go back to the positive reviews, we want to post. Just a side note, if management knows the condition of the course, at least inform us when we check in. A simple, We just cut the rough, we are having problems with the green maintenance due to the weather, etc. That goes along way.

Response from Laurel Island Links on 07/18/2017:

Hello Samuel, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Laurel Island Links in the Jekyll Island area. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our driving range, but we are sorry to hear that some parts of the course may have not been in the best shape when you played. Your detailed feedback is greatly appreciated so that further improvements can be made. Thank you for your loyalty over the years and we hope to see you again soon.

"Tired of waiting on the conditions to be good"

jameyosteen's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/15/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather

Some friends asked me to play 36 holes with them.

$40 for the morning & $25 for a replay.

Good Parts

1) They let us drive 90 degrees on a 95 degree day...we kept our eyes open for wet areas. The course needs some drainage help BAD!!

2) The cart lady made lots of passes until about 3 pm

3) Staff inside were super nice & the drafts after the round were icy cold

Bad Parts

1) Lots of the greens had missing spots

2) Sand traps had grass sprigs in several of them

3) Clean the ditch out in front of the 10th tee box...nothing like a blind tee shot with OB left & right

4) Driving range tee box needs some serious help

Too nice of a layout for the greens to be average...or a little below average.

Response from Laurel Island Links on 07/18/2017:

Hello Jamey, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Laurel Island Links in the Jekyll Island area. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the course layout and that you had a great experience with our staff. We are sorry to hear that some parts of the course may not have been in the best shape when you played and your feedback is greatly appreciated so that further improvements can be made. Thank you for the 3 star review and we hope to see you again soon.

Commented on 07/18/2017

Look forward to being invited back, once your conditions have been improved.

"Conditions not great"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/06/2017

Great layout...not well maintained. Understand that when you make a time

Response from Laurel Island Links on 08/02/2017:

Hi Elaine, thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on our course, Laurel Island Links. We appreciate the 3 star rating and are glad to hear that you enjoyed the staff and layout. We hope that you will give us a chance to earn your business again for better conditions.

"Cart path only"

u000007192505's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/01/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather

This course does not drain whatsoever. Do not waste your money if it has rained lately because it is nasty, hot and cart path only.

"Wet Weather Lately Has Hurt"

GStrand's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/30/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather

This is a tough course to play when it's "cart path only" as there are many wide fairways (and I never seem to hit towards the path!). This was especially true on a summer's day in SE GA, when it was in the 90's with humidity to match. But everything under their control was great, and we do love to take the 45-minute drive from our home to play here whenever possible.

"Great course, but not on this day"

J6878552's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/18/2017
Used cart Wet weather

I enjoy playing here, but this day was bad.

Greens had just been plugged, and with all the rain that had fallen in the last three days, the sand had washed out of the plugs. The mowers couldn't get out due to wet conditions, so the fairways were more like US Open rough.

Not the courses fault, but they COULD have mentioned the course condition issue before I went out and played......

Response from Laurel Island Links on 07/12/2017:

Hello Jeff, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Laurel Island Links in the Jekyll Island area. We are glad to hear that you enjoy playing our course, but we do apologize that you were not properly notified of the poor course conditions that day due to the weather. We appreciate your feedback and thank you for the 3 star review. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

"Who's to blame? Course or Golf Now"

Glenda3034456's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/13/2017

We got to the course a couple hours earlier than we thought we could. They had one group to go off in front of us and nobody around after that. We chipped and putted, keep waiting with absolutely nobody teeing off. We asked a couple times if we could start because nobody else was there. They blamed Golf Now. They said we could not start because golf now did not want reservations that had been made through them to start any earlier than 30 minutes before the actual tee time. We have shown up at courses early before with no problem starting early unless they were busy, which is understandable. So if this was caused by Golf Now? I'll think twice before ever using them again, if it was the golf course we will never go back. We belong to a golfing group that has about 3-4 rallies a year we would never suggest this place. The greens had been punched and not in that good of condition. We would have understood had the course need busy, but to seat there for over two hours with no people was ridiculous!

Response from Laurel Island Links on 07/05/2017:

Hello Glenda, thank you for taking the time to review Laurel Island Links in the Jekyll Island area. We are sorry to hear that you may not have had the best experience with our staff. We are also sorry to hear that the course may not have been in the best conditions when you played. I hope that you enjoyed the course layout and that it was a smooth round when you were out there. We do appreciate your feedback and we hope to see you again.

"The greens need a lot of work."

mnnoce's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/10/2017

The greens are so thin and bare, I'd be surprised if they get them back this year.

Response from Laurel Island Links on 06/12/2017:

Hi Dennis, thank you for reviewing your experience and rating our course. We regret to hear the course conditions were not enjoyable during your round. We are actively looking to enhance the quality of our course and will be making the necessary improvements moving forward for our golfers. We are happy to hear the staff friendliness and course layout were to your liking! Thank you for stopping by Laurel Island Links in Kingsland and we hope to have you back soon to exceed expectations!

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/05/2017

"Memorial Day Golf"

osteens2008's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/28/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather

Haven't played here since last November. Overall, the course is always a nice day on the links. Tee Boxes, Fairways were in good shape. The drought for months, and then the rain we had showed on the greens but what can you do? The on course amenities are slacking some. No one where you drop off your clubs, no starters, and no rangers. They were needed that day because it was fairly busy when we teed off at 1pm, and the pace was slow after the hole #4. They did have a beverage cart out when we started, but it disappeared after they passed us on hole # 2. Over-All it's still an enjoyable course.

"I great staff"

George3374728's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/26/2017

Staff was very friendly at check in....course conditions very good...greens rolled true and fast...fairways in good shape.....only negative was pace of play....we had four very slow players in front of us who did not have a clue. There was no sign of a ranger to speed up play. Other than that we lived the course...great views of the tidal marsh....would definitely return

"Great Course with very nice members"

Willis5352197's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/24/2017

I am a former member of Laurel Island Links. I did not renew simply because I knew I was going to be involved in other things this year that would limit my playing time significantly. This is a hidden gem of a course. Great layout. It has some great golf holes. But, it doesn't beat you up. Course was in good condition. Greens were iffy in spots. Sand traps need sand. You bottomed out thus making sand play more difficult. This course needs to be advertised on I-95 from the Jax airport to Exit 29 in Georgia. The members are very friendly and welcoming. The staff is very courteous and friendly. The bar staff is friendly and serves you with a smile. Kitchen needs to be enlarged and updated. Folks you don't want to miss out on a golf course this special. Is it perfect? No, but it could be if they got the play to enable the owners to put a little more money into the infrastructure. This is a great place and you will have a wonderful experience. Make this your golf home. You will not regret it.

"Its a Great Course"

jorgej47's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/20/2017

Fairmays are near perfect. Greens are a little slow, but kind of challenging. Is the best course in the area.

"Nice course"

pbureau99's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/20/2017

The fairways were in good shape but the greens need some work. It is probably just because of the drought this time of year. Once the rain starts, the greens will hopefully fill in nicely.

Response from Laurel Island Links on 05/22/2017:

Hello Phillip, thank you for taking the time to write a review about our course, we appreciate your feedback. We are glad you enjoyed our course layout and pace of play. Thank you for your business and we hope to see you again soon.