Southbridge Golf Club

Practice bunker: Yes
Golf school / academy: Yes - "Jones Savannah Golf School"

Dress code: Proper golf attire. No blue jeans will be allowed. Men are required to wear golf shirts.
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex, Discover Welcomed

Location is convenient to the city near the airport worth the drive   Great for locals advanced golfers seniors   Challenges include bunkers water hazards undulating greens   Great for drinks

"Very fun course with just enough challenge"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/15/2017
First time playing Used cart Hot weather

I got to Southbridge early in the morning and headed out to avoid the heat. I found the fairways and greens were well maintained, even with a lot of recent rain. The rough wasn't too tough, but could be challenging. The bunkers were mostly in rough shape, but some of the greenside bunkers had been kept in great shape which was a nice touch. I found the course layout very interesting and varied. The pro was very nice and friendly in the morning.

"Nice course that needs some help"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/06/2017
First time playing Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

I enjoying plying the course but it appears to be a once nice course that needs some money. The layout is challenging and scenic but the course is not in good shape. We played it in the heat of the afternoon so the discounted rate certainly made it worth it. Has great potential but needs influx of cash to make it nice again.

Response from Southbridge Golf Club on 08/10/2017:

Hi Craig, thank you for reviewing our course, Southbridge Golf Club. We appreciate the 3 star rating and feedback. We are glad to see that you enjoyed the pace of play, layout, and staff. We hope that you'll join us again for another round in the Savannah area soon.

"Bad maintenance"

maryse041's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/27/2017

It surely was a beautiful golf beforw but now it seems abandoned...

Course Layout: Poor

Commented on 07/30/2017

Thank you for your review. We have had rain everyday this week and couldn't cut the rough or driving range because of that. Come back and see us again.

Thanks

"Good course - needs alittle attention"

tiger278's avatar
North Carolina Advisor

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/10/2017

The course layout was great. The greens and fairways were nice. The rough is thick and needed to be maintained alittle better. Tee boxes were nice. The bunkers were bad. Many were flooded out. The cart path was horrible. Washed out or flooded in a lot of places. The driveing range is rough and needs to be taken care of. The facilities and staff were nice. Overall it's a nice course and the price is appropriate. I would recommend it if in the area if u want a good value course.

Response from Southbridge Golf Club on 07/18/2017:

Hello David, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Southbridge Golf Club in the Savannah area. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the course layout and that you had a great experience with our staff. We are sorry to hear that the course may not have been in the best shape in some areas and we appreciate your feedback to make further improvements. Thank you for recommending us and we hope to see you again very soon.

"Decent course if in good shape"

Brandisi's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/02/2017

Results may vary, but if the greens are in good shape this course is fun. Not a terribly unique layout, but not boring either. Biggest gripe is how slow it can be on weekends, but without rangers or starters that is pretty standard in Savannah.

Response from Southbridge Golf Club on 08/02/2017:

Hi Ben, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Southbridge Golf Club. We are happy to hear you enjoyed our staff. Your feedback is important to us, as we continue to make improvements. We hope that you'll give us the chance to earn your business again soon in the Savannah area.

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/29/2017

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/28/2017

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/19/2017

Had Golf Now tee time at 12:36, showed up around noon and guy in pro shop told me just to go off the back whenever ready. Teed off 10 around 12:10 and on 11th tee there were two foursomes on tee. The guys told me they have 5 groups playing and the last is behind me. They couldn't understand why the pro shop would tell me to go off the back. I went to 1st hole and it was wide open until I got to 4 green--the pro came out and told me I need to move to 6 right now because of a shotgun starting. I teed off 6 w/ a shotgun group driving up to the tee. The pros have no clue what they're doing! Course not in good shape--tee boxes bad, fairways have lots of dead spots and bunkers are hard dirt in most places. Cart paths are terrible and hurt my back. Don't go here unless you want to be frustrated w/ below average experience. Will not go back.

"Not bad but could be better."

dawgs912's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/12/2017

This course used to be a lot nicer. Conditions were not bad for the weather we have had. Greens were the fastest I have seen in a while due to no rain(it did rain the following day). I like the layout but I do expect more when playing here.

Commented on 05/17/2017

Hi, thanks for the review. It's great to hear you have enjoyed your time at our course over the years. Please visit us again soon!

"Good value"

rmincer's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/04/2017

Played it once long ago. Really good layout, staff was fine,etc. Course conditions are always relative depending on your frame of reference. If you play nice courses, this is below average. If you play average courses, this is good to great. Fairways ok, but had some rough patches. Greens also spotty, but putted Ok. They don't take care of things like they used to. Price makes it a good value

TERRY7272's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/27/2017

"Good"

u207310463's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/25/2017

The guys in the pro shop were some what cordial, but not welcoming or friendly. I've had much better experiences with the staffs at other courses here in the Savannah area. The course itself is a great championship layout. The fairways and greens are well maintained. Plenty of tees to choose from to match your skill level or preference. Pace of play on a Tuesday afternoon was outstanding. With the hot deal price through Golf Now it's a great value. I recommend this course to others looking for a good round of golf.

"Friendly, helpful staff"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/25/2017

Fun day of golf. Will return and play again someday!

Commented on 04/26/2017

Thanks for leaving such a nice rating! Please visit us again soon.

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/10/2017

"Exciting"

dturnbull81's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/23/2017

Lots of well placed traps. Lots of doglegs. Andulated. Heavy on course management. Lots of fun rather than a grip and rip approach.

Commented on 03/24/2017

Hi there, we are happy to hear that you have a lot of fun while at our course! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a great review. We hope to see you again soon!

"Beautiful course in a great setting"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/16/2017

The course meanders through a secluded estate home neighbourhood, where every hole is secluded from the other holes. You feel like you are the only people on the course, very nice feeling. Challenging but very playable for all skill levels, with greens that are very well maintained. We will definitely play here again.

Commented on 03/24/2017

Hi there, what a nice description of our course feel! We're thrilled to hear that you enjoy our challenging layout and overall feel of it. Thanks for taking the time to leave a great review. We look forward to seeing you here again soon!

"Nice tract but in need of upgrades"

donbobely's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/10/2017

Played the course on a perfect early March aft. Course was full, and no ranger or marshal to be had. Groups teeing off before us with times that were scheduled 20 minutes after us. Course and greens were as hard as a rock and shouldn't be for this time of year. Cart paths were rugged to drive on. Having said that, with an infusion of capital into the golf course, it would be a pleasure to play. It is a great layout, a challenge for me and fair for my wife, a high handicapper.

Commented on 03/24/2017

Hi there, we are happy to hear that you enjoy our layout even if it is a little challenging. Your feedback is important to us. We are continuously working on improving our course conditions, especially since Hurricane Matthew. Thank you for taking the time to review us. We hope you will come out and play during the Summer time!

"Good course"

ksucats96's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/06/2017

I had played this course over 20 years ago, it has gotten old, it is a good layout, but up keep is down. Don't know if they don't have the money or not. Use to be a top course. I would play it again. Greens were good which is a plus, the pace was slow as I was a single playing behind the SSU golf team. Not the courses fault.

Commented on 03/24/2017

Hi there, we're sorry to hear that you feel that way about our course. We have worked hard on the upkeep, especially since Hurricane Matthew. We're happy to hear that the greens were to your liking and we will appreciate seeing you back on the course. Thank you for taking the time to review us. We hope to see you again soon!

"Played here once before,forgot how nice it was"

Kibsen1958's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/24/2017

Course was in great shape for this time of year, fairways were awesome. some of the bridges need repair, greens were in good shape only to get better. 2 or 3 holes were missing their number and info plaques. Very enjoyable and can't wait to play again.

Commented on 03/24/2017

Hi there, we are so happy to hear that you had an enjoyable experience back at our course! We have worked hard to keep up good conditions, especially after Hurricane Matthew. Thank you for taking the time to leave a wonderful review. We hope to see you again soon!

uVAKI8387VA's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/24/2017

Commented on 03/24/2017

Hi, thank you for taking the time to review us. We hope to see you on the greens soon!