Sugar Hill Golf Club

Gift this Course
  • 6094 Suwanee Dam Rd, Sugar Hill, Georgia 30518, Gwinnett County
  • www.sugarhillgolfclub.com

Year built: 1992
Architect(s): Willard Byrd (1992)
Type: Public
Greens: Bent Grass
Fairways: Bermuda Grass

Walking allowed: Yes, at the starters discretion
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard Welcomed

Average Rating 3.7 stars from 5

Location is in the 'burbs worth the drive convenient to the city   Great for locals wildlife/ scenic views advanced golfers   Challenges include elevation changes bunkers water hazards   Great for drinks patio dining 19th hole scenic views

"STAFF QUESTIONABLE"

thompsonlula's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/16/2017

I've played this course maybe 6 times in the last 2 years and after noticing the same treatment all 6 times I felt the need to voice my "Opinion".

I want to start off by saying the course is in beautiful condition. The grass is beautifully cut and the Greens look great.

Each of the 6 times I have booked my rounds thru Golf Now. Out of those 6 I have only used the "hot deal" twice. Each time I booked and checked in the staff treated us like we were a nuisance. We all dress golf appropriate and conduct ourselves as expected but the way we are spoken to is like we are trash. Like we were going to destroy their course or equipment or something. I'm thinking they may treat "non Members" this way maybe? Not sure but It really makes me uncomfortable when i'm looked at as a child after spending good money to play this course.

I will continue to play this course, but I will say something if this treatment happens going forward.

Good Luck to the "OUTSIDERS" if you are one.

Response from Sugar Hill Golf Club on 05/19/2017:

Thanks for your review! We're glad that our course conditions met your expectations, but we apologize for the customer service that you received. We strive to provide all of our guests with the best experience possible. We will make sure to use your review to help us improve moving forward. Thank you for your feedback and we hope to see you back in the future!

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/13/2017

Response from Sugar Hill Golf Club on 05/17/2017:

Outstanding! Come back soon!

"Great little course"

dennis2366360's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/11/2017

Tight and hilly. Great greens and good for your game. If you do not like hills stay away but this group of people make playing here wonderful.

Best staff in north Atlanta.

Response from Sugar Hill Golf Club on 05/16/2017:

Wonderful! We're thrilled you enjoyed your round with us. We're glad that you enjoyed the challenge that our course presented and that our staff left a great impression on you. Can't wait to have you back soon!

"Good Course/Terrible Staff"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/10/2017

Course was in very good shape except for one green (diseased?) on the back nine. Also, don't expect much from the range. I think it is mats only all the time.

The gentleman in the pro shop was helpful enough, but the starter and course marshal were incredibly rude. The starter tried to rush me off the driving range 20 minutes before my booked tee time in order to pair me with another group. I told him I still needed a few minutes on the practice green before I would be ready to play, not to mention I still had a half of a bucket of balls in front of me that I just paid for. 10 minutes later he was hovering over me on the practice green asking me if I was ready yet (still 10 minutes before my scheduled tee time). Being rushed by the starter is not a good way to start a round. I understand that a starter's job is to move things along efficiently, and had he asked me nicely if I would prefer to tee off a little early, it wouldn't have been a big deal, but his tone and demeanor were unprofessional. The course marshal for the day was just as rude.

Response from Sugar Hill Golf Club on 05/17/2017:

Thanks for your review! We're glad that you enjoyed our course, but we apologize for the customer service that you received. We strive to provide all of our guests with the best experience possible. We will be reaching out to you to further discuss your time with us. Thank you so much for your feedback and we look forward to speaking with you!

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/09/2017

Response from Sugar Hill Golf Club on 05/11/2017:

Thanks for your review! We would love to hear more about your experience. Please email us at SugarHillTeeTimes@outlook.com to further discuss your time with us. Thank you again and we look forward to hearing from you soon!

"Horseplay on the course!"

cr0891's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/06/2017
Previously played Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

Encountered two groups of younger players on a Saturday. Their behavior was child like and annoying. They were delayed play for a considerable amount of time. Called the pro shop during the round to report the situation. I was told "I'll try to get someone out their".

Response from Sugar Hill Golf Club on 05/08/2017:

Thank you for your review! We apologize that you were not able to fully enjoy your round due to the slow play. We will make sure to use your review to help us improve moving forward. Hope to have you back soon!

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/06/2017

Response from Sugar Hill Golf Club on 05/08/2017:

Thank you for your review! We're sorry that you did not enjoy your time with us. We would love the opportunity to learn more about your experience. Please email us at SugarHillTeeTimes@outlook.com at your earliest convenience. Thank you again and we look forward to hearing from you!

"Great course"

wreid919's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/01/2017

This course is an excellent value for the money.The driving range is pretty much mats only, but it gives you a chance to stretch and get ready to play. I have been playing here weekly for about 4 years and have never had a bed experience, Sure, sometimes the club house guys, or maybe the starter is a bit under the weather, but don't we all have a less than great day? It isn't Atlanta Athletic,. St. Marlos or Bears Best, but dang.... you can get on for $14.00 and play 18 holes of pretty decent golf. People who want to play for $20.00 then complain because the club isn't spending $20,000 a month on upkeep annoy the fool out of me. Pay your small fee and get out and have fun. Before you complain about blind shots...ask for the course layout booklet. It is a fun little course at pretty good rates,,,Don't blame the course if you had a bad day. If you are like me, a man on a fixed recreational budget, pay your lower rates so you cone more often and be thankful you are able to do it.

Response from Sugar Hill Golf Club on 05/17/2017:

Awesome! We're glad that you enjoyed your round at Sugar Hill. We're glad that you enjoyed the challenge of our layout and that you consider us a good value course. We look forward to seeing you back every week for future years to come!

"Not a bad course to play"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/25/2017

Club house bar attendant very friendly. Greens well maintained.

Response from Sugar Hill Golf club on 05/03/2017:

Awesome! We're glad that you enjoyed our greens as well as the customer service that our staff provided you. Can't wait to have you back!

"I didn't know where to hit the ball."

MuscleMan's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/22/2017

There are too many unseen target. Too many blind shots are required.

The results are pretty much by luck.

Course Layout: Poor

Response from Sugar Hill Golf Club on 04/25/2017:

Thanks for your review! We apologize that you did not enjoy the layout of our course. We appreciate your feedback!

"Sugar Hill GC first time"

GMosely's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/22/2017

We enjoyed the layout and challenge of the course. Pace of play on Saturday was good. We did not wait at a single tee box all day. Very enjoyable and will return.

Response from Sugar Hill Golf Club on 04/25/2017:

Awesome! We're glad that you enjoyed the challenge of our course and that you were able to play at a great pace on a Saturday. Can't wait to have you back at Sugar Hill!

"Nice course"

Plays:  Once every three months

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/21/2017

The course was well designed. The fairways were in average condition. The greens were above average, as were the fairway and green side bunkers. Good value for the cost!

Response from Sugar Hill Golf Club on 04/25/2017:

Thank you for your review! We're pleased that you enjoyed the layout of our course and that you found Sugar Hill to be a good value. We hope to have you back again soon!

"Nice Afternoon"

bmcc4usc's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/18/2017

New to the area and I have played this course twice. The people are very friendly and helpful and the course is a lot of fun. Course has a lot of elevation change which is helpful in learning club selection. Will definately go back.

Response from Sugar Hill Golf Club on 04/20/2017:

Great! We're glad that you enjoyed your experiences at Sugar Hill. We're pleased that you enjoyed the elevation changes in our layout as well as the customer service our staff provided. We look forward to having you back more in the future!

"Good Course, Estpecially if you are a Billy Goat"

Bowjangles's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/10/2017

Really enjoyed the course. Lots of ups and downs. Fairways and greens are still greening up, but pretty good for early in the season. I will be back to play again. Great views!!!

Response from Sugar Hill Golf Club on 04/12/2017:

Awesome! We're pleased that you enjoyed your time at Sugar Hill. We're glad that you enjoyed the elevation changes of our layout and that you noticed the improvements of of fairways and greens. We can't wait to have you back once we are more into season!

"Tough layout"

cobyers's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/10/2017

This is a tough little course with a lot of ups and downs along with side hill lies. The fairways and bunkers could use some work and almost every green needs work. I wouldn't drive a long way or go out of my way to play this course, but it was a decent deal for the price. I only play it once or twice a year because there are several courses near by that are kept in better shape.

Response from Sugar Hill Golf Club on 04/12/2017:

Thanks of your review! We're glad that you enjoyed the challenge of our course, but we apologize that our course conditions did not meet your expectations. Once we get more into season, conditions will get back up to par. We appreciate your feedback and hope to have you back in the future!

"Beauty"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/10/2017

The course is beautiful. Some of the holes are very challenging.

I had a very good experience.

Response from Sugar Hill Golf Club on 04/12/2017:

Outstanding! We're thrilled that you enjoyed your experience with us at Sugar Hill. We're glad that you enjoyed the challenge of our course as well as our scenery. Can't wait to have you back!

"Good course and nice staff TERRIBLE PACE OF PLAY"

ben7583348's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/09/2017

Got a Hot Deal for this course on GN. I've played this course a bunch. Staff in the clubhouse is nice but can be a little understaffed at times. I like the golf course! The pace of play can be terrible at times! Which was the case this Sunday (4/9). The Marshals are useless at keep the pace moving. After playing 11 holes in 3:15 and talking to the marshal twice, my playing partner and I picked up and left!

Response from Sugar HIll Golf Club on 04/12/2017:

Thanks for your review! We're pleased that you enjoyed our course and our staff, but we apologize for the pace of play. We understand how important maintaining a good pace is and we strive to keep everyone at a good speed. We appreciate your feedback and will use your review to help us improve moving forward. Thank you again and we hope to have you back soon!

evdaddy's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/27/2017

Response from Sugar Hill Golf Club on 03/29/2017:

Wonderful! Come back soon!

"Fun hilly course"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/25/2017

Fun up and down course. Several challenging hole layouts. Nothing too serious or impossible. Grass was pretty dry and greens needed some work but it's very early in the seasons so I understood. I would recommend.

Response from Sugar Hill Golf Club on 03/27/2017:

Awesome! We're glad that you enjoyed your round with us at Sugar Hill. We're pleased that you enjoyed the the challenge our course presented. We also appreciate your feedback on our course conditions. Like you said, it is still very early in the season so as we get further into the year conditions will only get better. Can't wait to have you back soon!

"Nice Hike in the Mountains"

Tim9585049's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/19/2017

The views on this course are beautiful and the staff is very friendly. However, every hole has extreme elevation changes, many with long carries and small landing areas. Unless you shoot in the 80s, or enjoy being challenged to your limits every single stroke, this is not the course for you. This course is not designed for the average golfer.

Course Layout: Poor

Response from Sugar Hill Golf Club on 03/21/2017:

Thank you for your review! We're pleased that you enjoyed our views as well as the customer service our staff provided you. We apologize that you did not enjoy our course though. We appreciate all of your feedback and hope to have you back for lunch or maybe one of our events!