Lake Arrowhead Yacht & Country Club - Highlands Course

4.1991352941 4.2 stars from 5 (216)

Pull-carts: No
Caddies: No
GPS: No

Practice bunker: Yes
Practice hole: No
Simulator: No
Golf school / academy: No

Dress code: Proper Dress Required (No T-shirts, denim or cut-off shorts)
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex, Discover Welcomed

Highlands 72 7212 yards 74.9 136
Blue Fox 72 6764 yards 72.7 131
White Eagle 72 6294 yards 70.5 126
Gray Wolf 72 5600 yards 67.5 119
Gray Wolf (W) 72 5600 yards 72.4 133
Red Cloud 72 4700 yards 63.8 103
Red Cloud (W) 72 4700 yards 68.1 115

Location is worth the drive in the 'burbs   Great for wildlife/ scenic views advanced golfers locals   Challenges include elevation changes forced carries undulating greens   Great for drinks patio dining 19th hole scenic views

"Beautiful fall golf round"

James6902424's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/05/2017

The course was in excellent shape and the fall scenery was wonderful. A very enjoyable day on the course.

Response from @LakeArrowheadGC on 11/09/2017:

Hello, James. Thanks for the great review! We are so glad to see you had a spectacular time during your visit. We hope to see you again soon!

"Great course"

garyjune56's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/02/2017

Staff course top notch, just a real fill good place

Response from @LakeArrowheadGC on 11/15/2017:

Qing7942940's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/30/2017

Response from @LakeArrowheadGC on 11/02/2017:

Thank you for reviewing the course. We appreciate the 5-stars and are going to notify the teams responsible, so they know their hard work is paying off. We hope to see you for another round soon. Thank you for playing Lake Arrowhead Yacht & Country Club.

putmantodd43's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/26/2017

Response from @LakeArrowheadGC on 11/01/2017:

Hello, Todd. Thank you so much for the spectacular review. 5-star feedback is what we strive to achieve. We are glad you had an incredible time and hope to see you again soon.

"Beautiful location for fall round of golf"

Michael76Hokie's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/26/2017

Great day on a fine course. Need to groom traps and repair deer tracks on greens every day.. Be sure to try grill as part of your experience.

Response from @LakeArrowheadGC on 11/01/2017:

Hi, Michael. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. 4-stars is great, and we will let the team know their hard work is paying off. We will also notify them of the traps and deer tracks. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Lake Arrowhead Yacht & Country Club.

"Beautiful mountsin course"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/21/2017

Came down from Chattanooga to play this course. Saw nothing but great reviews so I had to check it out. Upon arrival at the country club, a beautiful large club house with a nice pro shop and eating area. Stepped onto the practice putting green and was highly impressed with the greens. This is usually a sign as to how the greens on the course are and that they were! Soft greens, yet well cut and rolled very well. Teed off #1 which was a beautiful par 5 to start the round. This mountain course was very well maintained from fairways to greens and tee boxes. Some greens more undulated than others but made for an exciting round. I even sunk a 42 foot putt for birdie on #12. I will definitely be back in the near future and will tell many others about this experience!

Response from Lake Arrowhead Country Club on 10/24/2017:

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us 5-stars! We are going to pass on your feedback to our team, so they know their hard work is not going unnoticed. It is great to hear that the efforts we have put in helped provided a memorable and enjoyable experience for you. Thank you for playing Lake Arrowhead Country Club, we look forward to seeing you again soon!

JAmes6233521's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/16/2017

Response from Lake Arrowhead Country Club on 10/23/2017:

4-star reviews are great to see and we are glad you enjoyed your time with us. We will work to continue to provide a memorable experience. Thanks for playing Lake Arrowhead Country Club, we hope to see you again soon!

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/16/2017
Previously played Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

Response from Lake Arrowhead Yacht & Country Club on 10/19/2017:

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/06/2017
Used cart Perfect weather

Great course, Great price. But I was not aware there was a tournament going on. Was jammed up between groups most of the round. Had to skip a couple of holes to get around them. Not sure why the hot deals were offered during .a tournament

Response from Lake Arrowhead Yacht & Country Club on 10/12/2017:

Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. This is by no means the experience we strive to provide. We partner with GolfNow because we believe in offering our golfers the best opportunities in golf, whether that be with our website or our partner’s. With that said, we work hard to communicate updates at the course with their team so availability is reflected accurately. We are sorry to see that was not the case during your visit with us. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Lake Arrowhead Yacht & Country Club, we hope to see you again soon.

"Mountain course..."

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/27/2017

An hour drive from Marietta, but worth every penny. Spectacular views, challenging holes, semi-fast greens and overall great condition. Friendly staff and just wish I could play there every week.

Response from Lake Arrowhead Country Club on 10/02/2017:

Thank you for reviewing the course. We appreciate the 5-stars and are going to notify the teams responsible, so they know their hard work is paying off. We hope to see you for another round soon. Thank you for playing Lake Arrowhead Country Club.

"Great course for the money"

Britt3181899's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/24/2017

Played on a Sunday and pace was excellent. Course was in fantastic shape. I would highly recommend this course to anyone. The greens are some of the nicest I have seen. Staff was extremely nice.

Response from Lake Arrowhead Yacht & Country Club on 09/27/2017:

Hello, Britt. Thank you for leaving a review and rating us 5-stars. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off.

"Great Challenge"

gomez4343's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/09/2017

Always a great challenging course to play but beautiful views and very friendly ppl there,when u walk to the clubhouse,a member of their staff ask to put your clubs on the golf cart for you.also a very pretty drive to the course and cheap to play off of golf now.com

Response from Lake Arrowhead Country Club on 09/14/2017:

Hi, Barry. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us 5-stars. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off.

krf1072's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/04/2017

I thought the current design was very poor. The original course was much better. This current layout is tough and requires too many lay ups for the average golfer. Because of the many hazards, the par fives are not reachable in two shots for most golfers. Greens are good but very slow even down hill puts. Would not recommend this course.

Course Layout: Poor

Response from Lake Arrowhead Country Club on 09/08/2017:

Hello, Kenneth. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. We apologize that you did not find the new course to be an enjoyable challenge. Thanks for visiting Lake Arrowhead Country Club, we hope to see you again in the future.

"Great course"

gubashc's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/26/2017

Absolutely amazing course with spectacular views. The only blemish were the bunkers-they did not dress or smooth out the sand.

Response from Lake Arrowhead Country Club on 08/29/2017:

Hello, Chris. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. 4-stars is great, and we will let the team know their hard work is paying off. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Lake Arrowhead Country Club.

"A gem"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/20/2017

Worth the Drive from Atlanta to play this beautiful and quiet course!

Response from White Clay Creek Country Club on 08/25/2017:

Hi, Lisa. Thanks for taking the time to review us 5-stars! We are glad you had a memorable and enjoyable experience. See you again soon!

"Nice course; good view of mountains."

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/16/2017

Nice layout; a couple of strange holes and greens relatively slow in speed, but a nice play for the price!

Response from Lake Arrowhead Country Club on 08/02/2017:

Hi, Scott. Thank you so much for the spectacular review. 4-star feedback is great to see. We are glad you had an incredible time and hope to see you again soon.

"Fun Course with beautiful mountain views"

RettJ's avatar
Georgia Advisor

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/27/2017

This was my first time playing the course. There are LOTS of tee shots where you need local knowledge as to how far to hit your drive or you go through the fairway and into a hazard or into the rough with a terrible lie. The course is beautiful with lots or very pretty holes and beautiful views.

The guys in pro shop were super nice and very accommodating.

The course has lots of elevation changes up and down. On the front nine, I don't thinks I ever had a flat stance. I was always above or below the ball or on a side-hill lie.

Never play the course alone for your first time. I lost several balls simply due to not knowing the distance to the end of the fairway on several short par 4 holes. Even the par 5 holes (#1) you have to know the distance to the end of the fairway or you go through the fairway into the hazard and lose your ball.

The course is beautiful and in a great setting in the mountains. There were several holes where I saw deer and other wild life.

The condition of the fringe around almost all the greens is not great, but not a deal breaker for playing course because the greens are in great condition.

I got stuck (holes 8 - 18) behind a group of 4 who would not let me play through. I was waiting for them on every single hole (8 - 18) and they never let me play through or ever said a word to me even though I was always at the tee box as they were just leaving the tee box. They were terrible golfers and on every par three where they could have easily let me play through, not one of them was ever on the green in regulation and still, they did not care at all. I was nice and did not hit into them at all, but I definitely should have. I know the course has nothing to do with a foursome being slow and not letting singles or twosomes play through, it is just that four, inconsiderate, guys kind of ruined a great day because I had to wait for them on every single hole (8 - 18).

Response from Lake Arrowhead Yacht & Country Club on 06/29/2017:

Hi, Rett. Thank you for writing such an incredible review for the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the delay of play during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game. We are glad to see you rated the course conditions and value to be great during your game. Your comments about the condition of the fringe around the greens will also be passed on to the teams responsible. Thank you for playing Lake Arrowhead Yacht & Country Club, we hope to see you again soon.

"Hidden gem"

Ishinusmc's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/15/2017
First time playing Used cart Hot weather

Played here last week for the first time. Fairways were one of the best of the 4 places I played that week. Greens were slow but were in great condition. Diffidently going to play this course again.

Response from Lake Arrowhead Yacht & Country Club on 06/22/2017:

Hello, Randall. Thank you for reviewing the course. We appreciate the 4-stars and are going to notify the teams responsible so they know their hard work is paying off. We hope to see you for another round soon. Thank you for playing Lake Arrowhead Yacht & Country Club.

"Brothers Outing"

Jeff3323763's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/13/2017

Overall the course was in nice condition. The greens had recently been sanded so they were extremely slow. The bunkers needed a little attention. The fairways were in great shape. Greens crew were visible putting fans in selected holes so you know they are protecting the conditions. No beverage service on Mondays and Tuesdays. We had hoped to have lunch afterwards but we're told There was no kitchen service on those days either. tge views were amazing. I'll go back again.

"Excellent"

Alabama22's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/07/2017

Course was challenging and in excellent condition. A lot of elevation that truly tests you. Well worth the price.

Response from Lake Arrowhead Country Club on 06/12/2017:

Hi, Shannon. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us 4-stars. We will inform the entire team so they know their hard work is paying off.