Meadows Golf Club of Blue Island, The

Clubs: No
Caddies: No

Dress code: Appropriate golf attire.
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard Welcomed

Location is convenient to the city in the 'burbs   Great for locals beginners seniors   Challenges include bunkers thick rough water hazards   Great for drinks watching the game

"Fun course for the price"

Ctmcguire89's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/09/2017

I golf frequently and play decent at times - roughly a 16 handicap...just to paint a picture of the type of golfer reviewing this course.

All in all the course met my expectations for the price I paid (under 30 to ride 18).

Cons:

-Course has some rough spots - nothing too bad, but some rough/muddy patches and worn out tee boxes or greens - all playable though

-a few holes play at each other so on a busier day I imagine you would hear "fore" a lot

Pros:

- i really liked they had a driving range at the course...it wasn't anything fancy but it's nice to have some warm up shots before u begin

- course had some fun and unique holes - a few water shots and twists and bends

- the price is right , especially if u can find an online deal.

- pace of play was quick on Columbus Day, not sure how it plays on weekends

Overall you'll get what u pay for here. It's a fun course that has more openness and easier holes, especially off the tee, but will also present some challenges.

Response from The Meadows Golf Club of Blue Island on 10/13/2017:

Let us first say that we are so glad to hear you enjoyed the driving range, course challenges, price, and pace of play. These are all things we work hard to create a seamless experience with so you can focus on enjoying yourself and let us do the rest. We also want to thank you for your honest and constructive criticism of the course. Your comments about our rough spots, tee boxes, and busier place on your visit are presented in a way we can incorporate them into actual change. We are going to escalate your review to our team in charge and do everything we can to improve before your next game. Thank you for visiting and playing at The Meadows Golf Club of Blue Island. We hope to see you again soon!

"Good but need to get people to repair ball marks"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/09/2017

Overall I had a great time playing here. The only real complaint I could voice about it is that there were a lot of ball marks on the greens that hadn’t been repaired. The greens were very receptive and soft but rolled pretty quick. Be advised that most of the holes have a blind drive. You’ve got to either know the course well or use a good gps. Also I had to be careful to wait long enough for people ahead of me to move out of the landing zones before I hit.

Response from The Meadows Golf Club of Blue Island on 10/12/2017:

Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course is important to us. We are working to get everything up to par. We have projects ongoing to recovery the greens from their heavy play this season. While we hope all golfers observe a certain etiquette during their rounds, that is not always the case. The current condition is not the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game. We are glad to see you rated the other course conditions, staff, and value to be great during your game. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing The Meadows Golf Club of Blue Island, we hope to see you again soon.

"Stellar Course"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/07/2017

Great course. Good, open layout, well maintained, nice hills, good pace. Unlike other courses in Chicago, holes where someone who drives 270-280 can actually hit driver without worrying about water, doglegs, etc. made for shorter hitters. Really some of the most fun I’ve had playing golf in Chicago.

Response from Meadows Golf Club of Blue Island on 10/10/2017:

Thank you for reviewing the course. We appreciate the 5-stars and are going to notify the teams responsible, so they know their hard work is paying off. We hope to see you for another round soon. Thank you for playing The Meadows Golf Club of Blue Island.

uZEIH9789ZE's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/25/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

Response from Meadows Golf Club of Blue Island on 09/28/2017:

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. 4-stars is great, and we will let the team know their hard work is paying off. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Meadows Golf Club of Blue Island.

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/24/2017
First time playing Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

Response from The Meadows Golf Club of Blue Island on 09/27/2017:

Hello, Jason. Thank you for reviewing us. We see you rated the course 3-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve before your next round. Feel free to comment on this review or reach out to the team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing The Meadows Golf Club of Blue Island, we hope to see you again soon.

"Good shape"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/21/2017

Shot 78 and im a 6.3 index and the course was in great shape every mistake i made was definately not the greens or the grass, great course from the tips.

White....unless ur a 15+ play blue three of four par threes were 200+ with the biggest at 235 yrds, really goid shape for the value and challenge was fast play if ur into gimmies and rushing off the course but had a grwat round.

Response from The Meadows Golf Club of Blue Island on 09/25/2017:

Hello, Daniel.We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. 4-stars is great, and we will let the team know their hard work is paying off. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing The Meadows Golf Club of Blue Island.

"Enjoyed It!"

uZEIH9789ZE's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/11/2017

This was my second time playing this course and I really enjoyed it!

Response from The Meadows Golf Club of Blue Island on 09/14/2017:

Hello, Adron. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us 4-stars. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off.

"BLK"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/06/2017

A hidden jem. Great and easy course. The wait was long as many beginners and not familiar with course etiquette; however, the rangers did a good job moving them along. Will play again

Response from The Meadows Golf Club of Blue Island on 09/14/2017:

Hi, Bich-Lien. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. 4-stars is great, and we will let the team know their hard work is paying off. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing The Meadows Golf Club of Blue Island.

dennyodowd's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/03/2017

Response from The Meadows Golf Club of Blue Island on 09/08/2017:

Hello, Dennis. Thank you so much for the spectacular review. 4-star feedback is great to see. We are glad you had an incredible time and hope to see you again soon.

"Average course"

Anthony9857212's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/02/2017

Average course tease and greens were in good condition for this time of year fairways were a big chunky big spots with nothing but dirt I did enjoyed my round.

Response from The Meadows Golf Club of Blue Island on 09/05/2017:

Hello, Anthony.We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us 4-stars. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off.

"Good value for your money."

Vicwen45's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/07/2017

We golf this course numerous times a year and it is always in good shape. This time the rough was a little longer.

Response from The Meadows Golf Club of Blue Island on 08/09/2017:

Hello, Victor. Thanks for the great review! We are so glad to see you had a spectacular time during your visit. We hope to see you again soon!

CoachieBrown's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/27/2017

Response from Meadows Golf Club of Blue Island on 08/01/2017:

"Solid fun"

chivolfan's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/18/2017

Course is in great shape. With a little but of work you can find open times that allow you to play wide open. Definitely worth the money. Bar and staff too notch

Response from The Meadows Golf Club of Blue Islando on 07/24/2017:

Hi, Jonathan. Thank you so much for the spectacular review. 4-star feedback is great to see. We are glad you had an incredible time and hope to see you again soon.

"Hidden Gem"

MajesticPraise17's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/11/2017

I played here yesterday and I must say the course is in AWESOME condition. This was the 1st course I ever played when I started golfing years ago and I was anxious to return after not playing it for about 4 years. The greens were as good as you can get them, the fairways were rolling and I played 18 holes in 2hrs and 30 minutes. Glad to say I shot 13 straight pars to start my round before a stupid double bogey, bogey, birdie, par and 3 putt bogey. 74 coulda easily been under par but due to the rain the green were just a tad slower than expected on some putts. After the round I went in and got some food and tried the Blue Island beer (very delicious). Overall a great time and I will definitely be back.

Response from The Meadows Golf Club of Blue Island on 07/17/2017:

Hello, Michael. We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your return visit after all these years. We pride ourselves on improving every day and are happy to see that you got to enjoy 4 years of hard work paying off. We look forward to seeing you again and thank you for playing The Meadows Golf Club of Blue Island.

"A challenge, but worth it"

michael5311401's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/10/2017

This track was a challenge but overall, we had a blast. the course layout was difficult at first, but then we got the hang of it and had an awesome time. the grown-over grass, which was most of the challenge due to the loss of alot of golf balls, gave us the most trouble on this course. its part of the design of this place. couple of suicide holes (tee off in opposite directions of the next hole, so youre hitting towards each other) and narrow fairways made it difficult as well. But the staff was AMAZING!!! And the surrounding areas on most of the holes were breath taking. Will come back here again.

Response from The Meadows Golf Club of Blue Island on 08/04/2017:

Hi, Michael. Thank you for reviewing the course. We appreciate the 5-stars and are going to notify the teams responsible so they know their hard work is paying off. We hope to see you for another round soon. Thank you for playing The Meadows Golf Club of Blue Island.

"Good Value, Course was shorter than expected"

sethburkhart's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/15/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

This was my first trip to Meadows this year. It was a last minute decision and I was able to find a good value for 18 with cart.

The course was shortened quite a bit. I played the white tees which are called at 6,287 on the card. I found most boxes were 20-30 yards shorter, several were shorter than that, but I'm an 18 handicap and I shot an 83 with a couple of really bad holes so I probably shouldn't complain.

Pace was decent for a public course. One area I'll say could have been better was it was really hot, low 90's, and all of the water coolers were empty which for the middle of the day would have been nice also considering there was no beverage cart. But all in all, I enjoyed the round, played with some nice guys, and added a lower round to my stats. I live about 25 miles away but if the opportunity presents itself, I would play here again.

Response from The Meadows Golf Club of Blue Island on 07/27/2017:

Hello, Seth. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us 4-stars. Your feedback about water on the course is important to us. 2017 has been very hot so far. We are working to develop the best way to provide our guest with refreshments. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing The Meadows Golf Club of Blue Island, we hope to see you again soon.

"The Meadows"

kilcoyne1982's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/04/2017

This course has really changed. The driving range was recently reopened. The greens are really in great shape. The sand traps have sand. The fescue is making golfers think about their shots or risk losing a golf ball. It is quite evident that the staff is trying to accommodate their customers. They're a friendly group. The golf course is in good hands.

Response from The Meadows Golf Club of Blue Island on 06/08/2017:

Hello, Patrick. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us 5-stars! We are going to pass on your feedback to our team so they know their hard work is not going unnoticed. It is great to hear that the efforts we have put in helped provided a memorable and enjoyable experience for you. Thank you for playing The Meadows Golf Club of Blue Island, we look forward to seeing you again soon!

"What a great i,prove net from 2016 and years past"

Obbie1955's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/22/2017

Our league started in late April. I have played in the league for 5 years. The course is in the best shape During this time period. Although still a few rough spots, the fairways, rough and greens are in really good shape. The rough makes the player play to the fairways. The last few years, the rough was non existence and there were lots and lots of bare spots in the fairways. The new manager and/or course superintendent have done a good job bringing this course up to this level. It is a good course for a good price.

Response from The Meadows Golf Club of Blue Island on 06/05/2017:

Hi, William. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us 4-stars! We are going to pass on your feedback to our team so they know their hard work is not going unnoticed. It is great to hear that the efforts we have put in helped provided a memorable and enjoyable experience for you. Thank you for playing The Meadows Golf Club of Blue Island, we look forward to seeing you again soon!

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/06/2017

Response from The Meadows Golf Club of Blue Island on 05/08/2017:

Hi, Cody. Thank you for reviewing the course. We appreciate the 4-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to earn a 5- stars next time. Feel free to comment on this review and provide additional feedback. Thank you for playing The Meadows Golf Club of Blue Island.

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/21/2017

Response from The Meadows Golf Club of Blue Island on 04/24/2017:

Hi, Soo. Thank you for reviewing the course. We appreciate the 4-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to earn a 5- stars next time. Feel free to comment on this review and provide additional feedback. We see you rated the value and off-course amenities as less than ideal so we will escalate that feedback to our team. Thank you for playing The Meadows Golf Club of Blue Island.