Meadows Golf Club of Blue Island, The

Clubs: No
Caddies: No

Dress code: Appropriate golf attire.
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard Welcomed

Location is convenient to the city in the 'burbs   Great for locals beginners seniors   Challenges include bunkers thick rough water hazards   Great for drinks watching the game

"Good value for your money."

Vicwen45's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/07/2017

We golf this course numerous times a year and it is always in good shape. This time the rough was a little longer.

Response from The Meadows Golf Club of Blue Island on 08/09/2017:

Hello, Victor. Thanks for the great review! We are so glad to see you had a spectacular time during your visit. We hope to see you again soon!

CoachieBrown's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/27/2017

Response from Meadows Golf Club of Blue Island on 08/01/2017:

"Solid fun"

chivolfan's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/18/2017

Course is in great shape. With a little but of work you can find open times that allow you to play wide open. Definitely worth the money. Bar and staff too notch

Response from The Meadows Golf Club of Blue Islando on 07/24/2017:

Hi, Jonathan. Thank you so much for the spectacular review. 4-star feedback is great to see. We are glad you had an incredible time and hope to see you again soon.

"Hidden Gem"

MajesticPraise17's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/11/2017

I played here yesterday and I must say the course is in AWESOME condition. This was the 1st course I ever played when I started golfing years ago and I was anxious to return after not playing it for about 4 years. The greens were as good as you can get them, the fairways were rolling and I played 18 holes in 2hrs and 30 minutes. Glad to say I shot 13 straight pars to start my round before a stupid double bogey, bogey, birdie, par and 3 putt bogey. 74 coulda easily been under par but due to the rain the green were just a tad slower than expected on some putts. After the round I went in and got some food and tried the Blue Island beer (very delicious). Overall a great time and I will definitely be back.

Response from The Meadows Golf Club of Blue Island on 07/17/2017:

Hello, Michael. We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your return visit after all these years. We pride ourselves on improving every day and are happy to see that you got to enjoy 4 years of hard work paying off. We look forward to seeing you again and thank you for playing The Meadows Golf Club of Blue Island.

"A challenge, but worth it"

michael5311401's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/10/2017

This track was a challenge but overall, we had a blast. the course layout was difficult at first, but then we got the hang of it and had an awesome time. the grown-over grass, which was most of the challenge due to the loss of alot of golf balls, gave us the most trouble on this course. its part of the design of this place. couple of suicide holes (tee off in opposite directions of the next hole, so youre hitting towards each other) and narrow fairways made it difficult as well. But the staff was AMAZING!!! And the surrounding areas on most of the holes were breath taking. Will come back here again.

Response from The Meadows Golf Club of Blue Island on 08/04/2017:

Hi, Michael. Thank you for reviewing the course. We appreciate the 5-stars and are going to notify the teams responsible so they know their hard work is paying off. We hope to see you for another round soon. Thank you for playing The Meadows Golf Club of Blue Island.

"Good Value, Course was shorter than expected"

sethburkhart's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/15/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

This was my first trip to Meadows this year. It was a last minute decision and I was able to find a good value for 18 with cart.

The course was shortened quite a bit. I played the white tees which are called at 6,287 on the card. I found most boxes were 20-30 yards shorter, several were shorter than that, but I'm an 18 handicap and I shot an 83 with a couple of really bad holes so I probably shouldn't complain.

Pace was decent for a public course. One area I'll say could have been better was it was really hot, low 90's, and all of the water coolers were empty which for the middle of the day would have been nice also considering there was no beverage cart. But all in all, I enjoyed the round, played with some nice guys, and added a lower round to my stats. I live about 25 miles away but if the opportunity presents itself, I would play here again.

Response from The Meadows Golf Club of Blue Island on 07/27/2017:

Hello, Seth. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us 4-stars. Your feedback about water on the course is important to us. 2017 has been very hot so far. We are working to develop the best way to provide our guest with refreshments. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing The Meadows Golf Club of Blue Island, we hope to see you again soon.

"The Meadows"

kilcoyne1982's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/04/2017

This course has really changed. The driving range was recently reopened. The greens are really in great shape. The sand traps have sand. The fescue is making golfers think about their shots or risk losing a golf ball. It is quite evident that the staff is trying to accommodate their customers. They're a friendly group. The golf course is in good hands.

Response from The Meadows Golf Club of Blue Island on 06/08/2017:

Hello, Patrick. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us 5-stars! We are going to pass on your feedback to our team so they know their hard work is not going unnoticed. It is great to hear that the efforts we have put in helped provided a memorable and enjoyable experience for you. Thank you for playing The Meadows Golf Club of Blue Island, we look forward to seeing you again soon!

"What a great i,prove net from 2016 and years past"

Obbie1955's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/22/2017

Our league started in late April. I have played in the league for 5 years. The course is in the best shape During this time period. Although still a few rough spots, the fairways, rough and greens are in really good shape. The rough makes the player play to the fairways. The last few years, the rough was non existence and there were lots and lots of bare spots in the fairways. The new manager and/or course superintendent have done a good job bringing this course up to this level. It is a good course for a good price.

Response from The Meadows Golf Club of Blue Island on 06/05/2017:

Hi, William. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us 4-stars! We are going to pass on your feedback to our team so they know their hard work is not going unnoticed. It is great to hear that the efforts we have put in helped provided a memorable and enjoyable experience for you. Thank you for playing The Meadows Golf Club of Blue Island, we look forward to seeing you again soon!

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/06/2017

Response from The Meadows Golf Club of Blue Island on 05/08/2017:

Hi, Cody. Thank you for reviewing the course. We appreciate the 4-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to earn a 5- stars next time. Feel free to comment on this review and provide additional feedback. Thank you for playing The Meadows Golf Club of Blue Island.

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/21/2017

Response from The Meadows Golf Club of Blue Island on 04/24/2017:

Hi, Soo. Thank you for reviewing the course. We appreciate the 4-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to earn a 5- stars next time. Feel free to comment on this review and provide additional feedback. We see you rated the value and off-course amenities as less than ideal so we will escalate that feedback to our team. Thank you for playing The Meadows Golf Club of Blue Island.

"Decent value for money"

mcmoney000001's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/14/2017

Played on a friday morning in the spring. Weather was lovely. Course was a little flooded, but very playable. It's fairly easy but has some nice holes.

It is a great value for money compared to other Chicago area golf courses.

Response from The Meadows Golf Club of Blue Island on 04/27/2017:

Hi, Jorge. Thank you for reviewing the course. We appreciate the 4-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to earn a 5- stars next time. Your feedback on the drainage is important to us. We assure you we have corrected this and encourage you to come and see us again. Thank you for playing The Meadows Golf Club of Blue Island.

"Fine course, Pace of play was atrocious"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/19/2017

The course was fairly challenging and in surprisingly good shape for the time of year. However, everything moved SO SLOWLY. My twosome, in a cart, did NOT finish 18 holes. We teed off 20 minutes late (there was a big line when we got the starter), and we only got through 15 holes in 4 1/2 hours. We golfed until it was DARK dark out. Realistically, we probably played 13 holes of real golf - the rest were "I have no idea where that went, but it felt good. I'll drop over here since nobody can see/find anything anymore."

Response from Meadows Golf Club on 03/16/2017:

Good morning James, we appreciate you taking the time to leave a review with us. Let us first start by apologizing for the delay of play. By no means is this the norm. We had some unusually warm weather that weekend. Sundays are busy regardless, so we worked hard to get everyone out to enjoy the great day. We will communicate with our team to ensure this sort of delay does not happen again. We see you rated course conditions, value and staff friendliness to all be great during your round! We hope these positive takeaways from your experience will have you give us a second chance to show you a better round. Thank you for playing Meadows Golf Club!

"Better than expected, but still average"

TopcatGolf's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/13/2016

You drive up to this place and it seems a little dumpy, but I was pleasantly surprised by the course itself. Quite enjoyable. There definitely were problem areas in terms of course condition and I could see how drainage is an issue in several areas, even though it had been several dry autumn days. There were several bare patches in the fairways. The greens were kept in pretty good shape, however. I would recommend this course to a friend, but with a caveat not to expect anything like a posh golf club. Quite the opposite, but still the course itself is pleasant enough to play.

Response from Meadows Tee Times on 11/16/2016:

Thank you so much for playing at Meadows Golf Club! We appreciate the honest feedback we are happy to have you and your friends here. Thanks for the recommendation.

"The Price Is Right - so come on down!"

fendsonbacker's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/07/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

Another exceptional November weather day here in the south 'burbs of Chicago with full sun and temps hovering near 70. The course was well-populated but not overly so and the pace moved well - even with a fivesome (yes, 5!) ahead of us. Friendly ranger made sure we knew they were there and that they had been given a strict warning to let any group pushing them thru. They apparently took heed and kept the pace because our twosome never bogged down. Was nice to see active on-course management by a ranger - something missing even on many higher priced courses this season!

The course was in quite decent shape for a heavy-use muni course. The fairways were fairly good - the exception being that there are many areas where this course does not drain well. Even without any rain in the area the past 5 days, numerous soggy, rutted, muddy spots remained. Most of this was on the sides, but enough of them spread out into the fairways to cause a bloody mess at times. The course really needs to do something about drainage - underdrains or tiles are needed to get rid of the excess moisture in a faster process. Otherwise, the tee boxes were good, greens were largely excellent. Every tee area had ball washers with clean, soapy water and towels - something else that is sometimes missing on more upscale courses. The course layout can be deceivingly tough, especially for those who don't know the path to the green. There are many areas of very tall and thick fescue grass outside the fairway and good luck finding your ball if you get there! Fairways are decent width - especially on the back nine. The par 5 #3 is a tough drive because of the narrowness and scrub zone all along on the right. The course is actually pretty nice when it is not soaked. Well worth the price of a GolfNow hot deal!!

Response from Meadows Tee Times on 11/14/2016:

Thanks for this awesome review! We're happy to hear you loved the course and found a good deal online for your tee time. We can't wait to see you back for more!

"very dangerous about drop the ball."

BrianBae0707's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/05/2016

My first time rounding this course.I was very scary.because lot a ball drop around nearby.and front of group was young guy.and one is no club.and play together and usually twice hit the ball.they don't care how many group behind waiting.finally behind us one group they giveup 16hall and go home. It's terrible day.

Course Layout: Poor

Response from Meadows Tee Times on 11/14/2016:

We regret to hear your round was not as enjoyable as it could have been due to pace of play or a group nearby. Let us know how we can make it a better experience for you next time around!

"Nice Course"

Nickygiuffre27's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/17/2016

Nice Course a lot better from a few years ago. Would recommend playing

Response from Meadows Tee Times on 10/24/2016:

Thanks so much for your recommendation and for playing at Meadows Golf Club!

"Good course right outside the city"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/05/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather

Course had a few patches of water from rain earlier in the week. Other than that course was very enjoyable. Will definitely play again.

Response from Meadows Tee Times on 10/13/2016:

So glad you enjoyed the course, even despite the wetter conditions. Come back and see us soon!

"Good course but rain this year has left a lot of mud hole in fairways"

Anthony9857212's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/20/2016

There are a few water damaged areas that need repair but I enjoyed course layout. Personally i just had my best score ever here yesterday.

Commented on 09/22/2016

Awesome! Congratulations on your high score, we thank you for playing at Meadows GC. We are working on patching things up glad you loved the layout. Come back soon!

"This course is in need of a makover"

drunkdre2000's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/19/2016

The course is very easy and usually in poor shape but it was in fair condition this time. It is extremely inexpensive and that is why we play it.

Course Layout: Poor

Course Difficulty:  Extremely Easy

Commented on 09/21/2016

We regret to hear the course conditions were not up to expectations, we do hope you give us another try. Come back soon!

"the course has some good holes, but is pretty easy."

uCCKD1826CC's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/14/2016

course was in great shape some damaged areas but overall in decent shape

Commented on 09/21/2016

Thanks so much for playing at The Meadows Golf Club!