Foss Park Golf Course

Golf Season: Open: 4/01 Closed: 10/31

Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex, Discover Welcomed

Tees | Layout

Average Rating 4.0 stars from 5

Location is in the 'burbs worth the drive convenient to the city   Great for locals walkers seniors   Challenges include narrow fairways bunkers forced carries   Great for drinks brunch watching the game

"Foss Park"

tonycasapao's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/26/2017

I like the place to play especially on weekdays no waiting between hole

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/21/2017

Staff was very courteous and play was very smooth.

"Unbelievably SLOW"

Jon6069860's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/29/2016
Previously played Walked Played 18 holes Good weather

I went out with 3 friends on a Saturday at Noon. The play was so slow we ended up playing the front 9 twice in order to get our round in. The first 9 took 2.5 hours!!! I understand that it was a beautiful day, but it was brutal. I do like this course I just wish the pace of play was better. I will probably try the course again next year as this season is winding down. I really like the back 9 and was disappointed that I was not able to play the back. The starter was very friendly and I am not sure that a ranger would have helped.

Response from Foss Park Golf Course on 11/21/2016:

Hi Jon6069860,<br/> Thank you for your review! We appreciate your feedback as it helps us locate areas in which we can improve. We are saddened to know you weren’t completely satisfied with your golf round. We have noted your comments and will work hard to make improvements. We hope to see you back again soon to give us another chance and to let us exceed your expectations!

"Fall course"

copper701's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/27/2016

Although it was very windy, the course did a nice job on limiting the leaves..greens were rolling true..rough was a little hight though.

"Foss Park"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/24/2016

The overall course condition was nice. The greens were bumpy at times. The irritating part of this course is that they charged $2 for the cart keys. Not a lot but I've forgotten in the past to turn key back in. I noticed others have too since I saw some carts with keys in them. Only course with this key charge so not use to returning keys. This is how they make extra few $? Come on!?

"Great muni"

jr10538's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/09/2016

Surprisingly good municipal course. Very well maintained with tees and greens comparable to .private courses. Fairways and rough in good shape. Enjoyed the course layout also. Compared to other public venues, a really good deal.

Commented on 09/16/2016

Great! Thanks so much for playing at Foss Park, we can't wait to see you again. Glad you enjoyed the layout and the conditions.

"Decent course, won't be back because of RUDE staff"

Garcia1221's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/07/2016

Nice little muni, flat, some interesting holes, and large greens which were in good shape. Only issue was the absolutely rude lady in the clubhouse who was first off, ignoring us for several minutes because she was on her cell phone taking a personal call, second absolutely lost it and gave us immense attitude for not have 4$ in cash as a deposit for a cart. This was our first time playing here, and the first I ever hear about a cart deposit. After arguing for a couple minutes, and receiving continued attitude, it took a few holes to get the sour taste of the check in process out of our heads. Will never return to this course, so long as she is still there- HORRIBLE.

Commented on 10/03/2016

Thank you for your feedback and we apologize for your poor experience. We assure you this is not the standard we strive to achieve and will address it at the course. Look forward to having you back soon and making up for this experience.

"Solid course for the money"

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/22/2016

Course was in great condition as usual. The back nine had a group of four that was playing at a snails pace. Called the clubhouse and the Marshall was out in 5 minutes to speed them up.

This is a great course for the money.

Commented on 09/16/2016

Thanks so much for the positive commentary here, how could we have made it a 5 star rating for you? Glad you saw good value playing here. See you soon.

"Decent Course, Great Value"

AKaras's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/21/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

Would definitely play here again. Greens are so fast.

Commented on 09/16/2016

We can't wait to see you back for more! Thanks for playing at Foss Park!

"Greatest Course value in the area"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/06/2016

Foss Park is the best course in the area for the everyday golfer who wants a nicer course without having to pay an arm and a leg. They do a great job of keeping up with the course, all the practice facilities you need, decent food and beverageservice and friendly service. I never have a problem getting a tee time, and pace of play is great. Highly recommend

"great time"

shark2712's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/04/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

Played in 2 1/2 hours. 18 holes. There was no one there because it was 95 degrees. Fun day. Real hot, but the course had cold water on a lot of the holes. Enjoyed myself.

Commented on 08/08/2016

So glad you enjoyed your time at Foss Park! Come back and see us, hope the weather cools off just a bit for your next round.

"great value"

msolarz's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/01/2016
Previously played Used cart Excellent weather

a nice course for a relaxing round...a few holes are very interesting and a few holes are very basic...trees come into play on a few holes...huge greens...the pace of play is very slow...there are rangers but I do not think they push any of the players, I guess if someone is shooting 120 it takes time to look for all of their mishits...

Commented on 08/08/2016

Thanks so much for leaving your review with us. We will let our staff and rangers know your concern and address it. We're glad you enjoyed your round!

"Playable Course In Good Condition with some administration issues"

rctobin's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/08/2016

Booked a round on GolfNow for a solo with a cart included. Turned down the cart at the course since I like to walk and this course is very walk friendly. The pair in front of me had an issue with a ranger of taking separate carts which should have been cleared up at the time of checking in rather than at the first tee. It was not resolved. Otherwise, course was enjoyable to play. Did not eat or drink anything after the round as previous experience with the food and beverages has been mediocre.

Commented on 08/08/2016

Thanks for playing Foss Park we're happy to hear you loved the conditions and enjoyed walking the course. We'll let our staff know about the issue you may have experienced. Hope to see you again!

"Nice public course"

WAyne5211455's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/07/2016

Overall good experience. Some people were slower than us, but generously let us thru. Ranger was accommodating.

Commented on 08/08/2016

Great! Happy to hear about your experience and that it was an enjoyable one. Come back and see us!

"Big greens."

cubs123's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/04/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather

I have been golfing this course since the 80's with my brother.Now I take my 15 year old son.Handing down the tradition.This course is a hidden gem.Thank you to all the foss park staff for your hard work and dedication.

Commented on 08/08/2016

So happy to have you at Foss Park thank you for bringing your son and enjoying a round of golf here at Foss Park! We can't wait to see you again.

"Great staff."

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/02/2016

The course was in great condition although the greens were a little bumpy. On-site staff is very friendly and makes you feel like you want to come back. Pace of play for a holiday weekend was great--4 hours and 10 minutes for 18 holes.

u000002647233,

We are so pleased to hear that your time with us was great! We love receiving great feedback and appreciate you taking the time to write a review! We hope that you can come back to play here again soon!

All the very best,

GC Management

"Great course for a great value"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/01/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

Great course, not very difficult, well maintained, with great value ! Definitely worth trying.

u889559463,

Thank you so much for playing with us and for the fantastic review of us! We look forward to your next round with us!

Take Care!

"Big Greens"

Kaution1's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/27/2016

Excellent value for the money...... Greens are big but very fast!!!!!! Great bloody Mary's

Kaution1 -

We are thrilled that you liked the course and had an amazing golfing experience with us! Please come back again soon.

Thanks for the review!

Sincerely,

"Good Value"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/06/2016

it is nice course that is in nice shape. Not particularly difficult, but not a cakewalk either. I've played here before and at times the pace of play can be very slow. They need rangers to up the pace. Yesterday was not a slow day, so maybe the problem has been rectified. If you live in the north suburbs it is accessible...otherwise it can be a long haul. it is in the town of North Chicago. All in all a nice community course.

u000004476296,

thank you for choosing to play with us and for providing your feedback of your overall experience here. we are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time and round here and hope that you will come back again soon! until then, take care!

best wishes,

GC Management

"They take Tee reservations for SINGLES! A course trying to grow the game. NICE"

CHARLES9999246's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/28/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather

Played here last year and my game was way off putting me in a bad mood and I shouldn't have written the review. I complained about pace of play but today, a Saturday, I played 18 in three hours. I complained about the mats on the driving range and today, grass. I really like everything else about the course including the golfers. Two threesomes let me play through without my asking. I finished the front nine in an hour and nine minutes. The back played a little slower but nothing bad. The greens were recently aerated but are rolling fast and true.

I'll play here again, it really is a present 18 to play.

Commented on 06/02/2016

We are happy to hear that you have come back to Foss Park only to have a better experience! Thank you for reviewing us once more. We look forward to having you back on the course for another round.