Heartland Crossing Golf Links

Gift this Course
  • 6701 E. Heartland Blvd, Camby, Indiana 46113, Morgan County
  • www.heartlandcrossinggolf.com

Year built: 1998
Architect(s): Steve Smyers (1998), Nick Price (1998)
Type: Public

Nick Price 72 7267 yards 75.4 134
Championship 72 6849 yards 73.2 130
Preferred 72 6406 yards 71.0 126

Average Rating 3.7 stars from 5

Location is convenient to the city near the airport in the 'burbs   Great for advanced golfers locals entertaining clients   Challenges include bunkers undulating greens plays long   Great for drinks patio dining

U000004919238's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/23/2017

Very nice course. Lots of improvement in last year and more to come.

Response from Heartland Crossing Golf Links on 04/26/2017:

Hi Steve, we're happy you enjoyed playing our nice course. Thank you for playing Heartland Crossing Golf Links!

"Great course but in poor shape"

ewruther's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/20/2017

The course layout is one of the most fun and challenging in the central Indiana. Most of the fairways are infested with dandelions. The sand traps are half emptied. The greens and tee boxes are in good shape, but could be better. This course would be amazing if more time was spent on maintenance. Staff were friendly and the price is right.

Response from Heartland Crossing Golf Links on 04/24/2017:

Hello Eric, we're sorry course conditions were not up to your standard. We have recently sprayed the greens to remove the dandelions. Thank you for rating our layout as one of the most fun and challenging layouts in central Indiana. We hope you give us another chance in the future.

"Horrible Conditions"

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/18/2017

Course used to be nice to play at, but grounds and conditions are horrible now. Won't go back until moderate improvements have been made, at least.

Response from Heartland Crossing Golf Links on 04/20/2017:

Hi Chris, thank you for playing an early spring round at Heartland Crossing Golf Links. We're sorry course conditions were not up to par and we hope you give us another chance in the future.

"Very disappointed"

jwhammerle's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/15/2017

I really want this course to be better. Love the layout. Has some very unique fun holes. But, the Driving range is full of weeds and had not been cut recently. Greens were shaggy and extremely slow. New sand being put in is extremely hard and very shallow. Lots of weeds in rough and some in fairway. Of the courses I've played this spring, it is by far in the poorest condition. Only redeeming factor was it was $27.

Response from Heartland Crossing Golf Links on 04/17/2017:

Hello, we're sorry course conditions were not up to par. We're happy you enjoyed our layout and we hope you give us another chance in the future. Thank you for playing Heartland Crossing Golf Links!

Madman21's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/08/2017

The length of this course really suits my game. The staff is super friendly.

Response from Heartland Crossing Golf Links on 04/26/2017:

Hello Christo, we're pleased to hear you enjoyed our course layout and friendly staff. Thank you for playing Heartland Crossing Golf Links!

Raoul007's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/29/2016
Previously played Used cart Windy weather

Well maintained even through winter, it's a beautiful course, but not for the faint of heart.

I don't think I've ever seen so many greenside and fairway bunkers outside of Myrtle Beach, SC courses.

Makes use of a pretty good mixture of risk-reward, target holes w/ straight-up "greenlight" holes.

Course Response on 03/29/2017:

Thank you for your review of Heartland Crossing Golf Links, Raoul! We took care of the course this winter the best we could so golfers like you could get out and play as soon as possible this spring!

"Live on the course"

David2775239's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/02/2016

This is the best shape that I have seen this course in in a long time and looks really good the bunkers on playable .oh winter doesn't move in to quick like players tell after Christmas

Commented on 11/11/2016

Thank you for your review David! We're hoping for a late and short winter too!

"Good shape and excellent price combo"

kerrycole5471's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/02/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather

I found the course in better shape this fall than this past summer.. Looks like some improvements are in the works. The course is fun yet challenging.. I only ended up in 4 bunkers. The fairways, greens and bunkers were in great shape. I would encourage anyone in the Indy area to try this course out as you should have a great time..

Commented on 11/04/2016

Excellent! Thank you for noticing everything we've been working on and can get out and enjoy a little more fall golf before the weather turns!

Thank you for your review!

"Long and Lucious"

SCL1SMI's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/02/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

Nov. 2, 75 degrees, immaculate greens, even the fairways were good (several bare spots, but hey, in November who cares?). They even had crews out blowing leaves off the greens and fairways. This is a links course, so playing off the tips is nuts unless you hit 350, but the Gold tees still give you 6500 yds, and the course is beautifully laid out. With Golf Now's Hot Deal, it was absolutely the best bargain ever!

Commented on 11/04/2016

It sounds like you love the amazing fall weather as much as we have! Thanks for making it out and for the great review!

"Bunker City"

goonz36's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/14/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

I had a very enjoyable round.

Commented on 10/17/2016

We're glad you enjoyed your round goonz36! Thank you for leaving a review!

"Had a Great Time"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/02/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 18 holes Average weather Verified Purchaser

Course was a little damp since it rained the day before. The layout is challenging and you have to plan your shots. I plan to do better when I play this course again. I was alone and tried to get paired with someone who had played there before. Instead, I got paired with a couple of guys who work for Allstate and we all had a blast learning our way around the course. Playing with those guys and having fun added to the adventure. Will definitely play it again.

Commented on 10/07/2016

How were the greens? I heard they were basically dirt painted green.

"I HAVE LIVED ON THIS COURSE FOR 10 YEARS"

marklemmons's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/01/2016

This course needs a serious input of funds. I live on #7 and the bunkers they have taken out (and there are a lot of them) are still GUR. The bunker near the 7th green has been unplayable for over a year. We have greens like #17 that for all intents and purposes are so full of mold they are unplayable. The worst part of it all is that this is all due to poor planning. When Nick Price first designed the course and when it first opened it was a masterpiece. My love for this course is the reason I moved here. What the design did not take into account is that this is Indiana. The 6 foot deep bunkers become 6 foot deep pools during the winter and in the spring require repair. It is financially impossible to repair the bunkers every year. Subsequently each entity that purchased the course from bankruptcy took bunkers out. Now the course is a shell of what it was and essentially has become a muny. #SAD.

"Sad"

Corey9737024's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/24/2016

This course could honestly be one of the nicest in the state of Indiana and hopefully it will continue to get better, but it's in horrible shape and it isn't just because of fall approaching. The layout is top of the line, but maintence is a must on a course of this caliber. They need to market this course better and ask for donations or new ownership because this course could be a top golf retreat.

Commented on 09/28/2016

Thank you for your feedback. We are always looking to improve course conditions and take your comments very seriously. Look forward to having you back soon and making up for this experience.

"Basic Course Maintenance -- Huge MISS"

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/21/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

1st Green is absolutely gorgeous!!

after that it goes down hill.

Huge sand traps, although huge sand traps also need maintaining. 1 of the holes I was about 180 out and went for the green, ended up short and into the bunker. When the ball landed--HUGE splash!

Drain your bunkers!!

The day I played it had not rained for several HOT days.

Tee makers-- yes tee markers are usually moved prior to mowing the tee box. No one was mowing tee boxes on the entire course, Tee box markers-some were laying on the ground, some were standing,

SOME WERE MISSING! Just tee off from wherever you like??

Yardage markers? Yes where? There are some painted yardage markers on the cart path, but does you very little good when you're in the fairway and have no view of the markings on the cart path.

1st cut around the green-- some grass, mostly weeds

Grass around the bunkers-- 2' tall--if its part of the course design so be it, would be a 1st of a kind out of my 30 years of playing. If not part of the design, hire some teenagers after school and on the weekends to help cut your weeds.

Course design-- EXCELLENT makes you think about your next shot. Don't plan to play here and use your driver on all 4's and 5's!

Greens on the back 9 are fairly easy to read, true to what you are reading!!

Wide fairways on most holes. Some need definite aim to position yourself well for the next shot!!

Course Setting-- EXCELLENT nice quiet playing -- little artificial noise (road traffic-home owner mowing etc...)

A yardage book or some sort of course layout--better than the score card. If you have never played here, some good visuals would help immensely!!

This course has HUGE POTENTIAL if they would only get back to basics on basic course maintenance.

For the amount of money I paid, I am happy but not satisfied with this course. I am usually not this critical of a course, but some things were just too plainly obvious not to mention to other players. Hopefully someone from the staff will take notice and make appropriate changes there. Word of mouth is huge in today's golfing economy, it can be bad and hurt or it can be good and help your course out immensely!

For the future I will play other courses for the same amount of money that are considerably better!! UNTIL, I see or read of better conditions here.

Commented on 09/26/2016

Thank you for your feedback. We take our golfers' feedback very seriously as we strive to continuously improve. We are glad you enjoyed the pace of play and friendly staff, and hope you come back in the near future to make up for this experience.

"Need maintenance"

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/20/2016

This course was very good but recently getting worse.

I'm very sad not to play a round here anymore..

Commented on 09/21/2016

Thank you for your feedback. We are always looking to improve course conditions and take your comments very seriously. We hope you come back in the near future to make up for this experience.

"Free For All"

tbfassnacht's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/14/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Verified Purchaser

This is one of those places where you walk in the pro shop and the pros are hanging out in the back office. Not too many groups out there but there was also no marshall so it was a free for all. There were people bopping in and out in front of us which normally would be fine but the pace was already crummy so when some random single hops in front of you its kind of annoying. Only paid $20 but if they sold it low in hopes to get me back for a premium rate at a later date they failed miserably.

Commented on 09/19/2016

Thank you for your feedback and we apologize for your poor experience. We assure you this is not the standard we strive to achieve and will address it at the course. Look forward to having you back soon and making up for this experience.

"Great time but somewhat dissapointed"

Tommy8954596's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/05/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

It had been 3 years since I had played this course and had very high reviews for this course. In fact told many of my friends about getting back to play this course again. There was a lot I didn't remember about this course like the front 9, but the back nine I remembered well.

My dissapointment came when the GPS's were no longer on the carts and we found it very hard to find yardage markers, especially on the back 9 leaving us guessing many times as to how many yardswe were out. We looked for yardage markers but could not spend to much time because of holding up players behind us.

Having said that I do love this course and do plan on coming back, especially at Golf Now price. I just hope this yardage issue is resolved and can be easily remedied even just by simply putting 200, 150 and 100 yard stakes out. At least then one can have a visual to go by. I wish the GPS's were still available though.

"sand traps"

kellylvanarsdale's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/30/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 9 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

I feel an over abundance of deep sand traps for my likeing. Hard to tell where fairway ended and rough starded

Hi Kelly,

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback as we continuously strive to improve!

-Heartland Crossing Management

"Nice course"

genecjr's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/26/2016

Nice course but a few of the greens in real bad shape. Weeds starting to be a problem on a couple of fairways.

Hi genecjr,

Thank you for your review and feedback. We hope you'll be back to play the course soon and the conditions will have improved!

Best regards,

Heartland Crossing Management

"Good for price"

srcoston's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/23/2016

Course is in pretty good shape. A few greens have some bare spots due to disease. Fairways on back nine must have been long and wet when mowed. Clumps of mowed grass all over the fairways. The staff is always great. About 4.5 hrs to play. A little slow but this course can get really slow. You get a ton of ignorant golfers looking for their ball in the heather for ten minutes per hole. If that's you, buy cheap balls, drop, and move on!!!

Commented on 09/02/2016

Thank you srcoston! We appreciate your feedback and are glad you had an enjoyable customer service experience while on the course.

-Heartland Crossing Management