Heartland Crossing Golf Links

Gift this Course
  • 6701 E. Heartland Blvd, Camby, Indiana 46113, Morgan County
  • www.heartlandcrossinggolf.com

Year built: 1998
Architect(s): Steve Smyers (1998), Nick Price (1998)
Type: Public
Golf Season: Open: 3/15 Closed: 12/15

Indoor practice facilities: Yes
Simulator: Yes

Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex, Discover Welcomed

Nick Price 72 7267 yards 75.4 134
Championship 72 6849 yards 73.2 130
Preferred 72 6406 yards 71.0 126

Location is convenient to the city near the airport in the 'burbs   Great for advanced golfers locals entertaining clients   Challenges include bunkers undulating greens plays long   Great for drinks patio dining

"Poor Condition"

chadhazel's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/20/2017

First green is diseased. Second fairway like a swamp, rest of course baked out. Bunkers have minimal sand - are truly hazards to play from. Plenty of crabgrass. Even with a Hot Deal rate, over priced based on course conditions. A total disappointment.

"Nice course"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/18/2017

Decent course with multiple levels of difficulty, stay out of the traps if you can, they are plentiful and deep.

Response from Heartland Crossing Golf Links on 08/21/2017:

Hello Victor, we're happy you enjoyed our challenging layout. Thank you for playing Heartland Crossing Golf Links.

"Disappointing experience at a course I generally like"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/08/2017

Let's get things clear from the beginning. I like Heartland Crossing a lot. I have a fairly light work schedule over the Summer, so I tend to play here about once a week, even though it's a half hour drive. Usually it doesn't disappoint.

Tuesdays apparently are different. The rate is much cheaper, and it seems like everybody wants to play. The pace was very slow. And so was our cart.

Around hole 5, we started to realize that our cart wasn't really going uphill all that well, but it's Indiana, so it's pretty flat, and we kept going. But we made a call to the clubhouse to see about getting another cart. We'll get one right out to you...

After limping through the next two holes, we called again. Oh, they didn't get you a new one? We'll send one out right away!

When we made the turn, we were told there were no more carts. Or we could wait 20-30 minutes for another one, since people were waiting at the first tee for theirs. We decided to try to make it, but ended up needing to push our cart to help it up some of the hills on the back 9.

I'm definitely not going to play another Tuesday round, since there are probably not enough carts to go around. Overall, we'd probably have been happier if we were just told from the beginning that there wasn't going to be another cart for us.

Response from Heartland Crossing Golf Links on 08/10/2017:

Hello Michael, we're sorry you didn't fully enjoy your experience. Our goal at Heartland Crossing Golf Links is for every player to enjoy their round. We appreciate your feedback. Thank you for playing.

"Cheap price....poor condition"

indglfr's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/04/2017
Previously played Used cart Windy weather

This course has steadily gone downhill in recent years, its obvious that they are not generating enough money to keep up this course and probably are not paying a greenskeeper enough for them to care about maintaining this course. Its too bad because this is a nice layout and could be a very nice course. I used to play this course regularly but I will not be back after this visit. Would rather pay more to play a course in good condition. Would not surprise me if this course closes soon.

Response from Heartland Crossing Golf Links on 08/07/2017:

Hello, we apologize you didn't fully enjoy your round. We appreciate your feedback and we are working on making improvements. Thank you for playing Heartland Crossing Golf Links, we hope you give us another chance in the future.

"Needs improvement"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/04/2017

The course is in bad shape. Fairways are brown and dry. Some greens have damage. It looks like a course on the way out. Not sure how many years it has left.

Response from Heartland Crossing Golf Links on 08/07/2017:

Hi Daniel, we're sorry course conditions were not up to par. We appreciate your feedback and we are working on making improvements. Thank you for playing Heartland Crossing Golf Links.

"Good layout poor maintenance"

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/29/2017

Good layout no maintenance on tees, fairways, sand traps greens were nice and challenging a little rough though

Response from Heartland Crossing Golf Links on 07/31/2017:

Hi Cliff, we're happy you enjoyed our challenging layout and nice greens. Thank you for playing Heartland Crossing Golf Links!

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/26/2017

Response from Heartland Crossing Golf Links on 08/01/2017:

Hi Tommy, we're happy you enjoyed our course layout and friendly staff. Thank you for playing Heartland Crossing Golf Links!

"Sad"

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/15/2017

Sadly the course has fallen into disrepair. The bunkers are literally unplayable, with weeds growing in almost all of them, very little sand in several, many seem to have simply been abandoned.

Sad to see a nice design falling into this type of condition.

Response from Heartland Crossing Golf Links on 08/02/2017:

Hi James, we're sorry course conditions were not up to par. We appreciate your feedback. Thank you for playing Heartland Crossing Golf Links.

"Please return course to it's glory days"

ShaneJPollard's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/12/2017

Great layout with lots of challenge.

Course used to be meticulously kept.

Kind of like that really hot girl in high school and then you see her after 15 years and think wow what happened. She's probably still a lot of fun, but not what she used to be.

If you hit the ball in the right places and don't stray from the fairway, you'll be fine.

Go play it, but play a discounted rate.

Enjoy

Response from Heartland Crossing Golf Links on 08/01/2017:

Hello Shane, we're happy you enjoyed our challenging layout and a fast pace of play. Thank you for playing Heartland Crossing Golf Links!

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/29/2017

Response from Heartland Crossing Golf Links on 08/01/2017:

Hi Shane, we're happy you enjoyed our course layout and friendly staff. Thank you for playing Heartland Crossing Golf Links.

"Links style golf"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/18/2017
Previously played Used cart Wet weather Verified Purchaser

A great day to enjoy some Father-daughter time. The staff was friendly, the greens were very receiving, but the pace of play was a bit slow. We had to wait on the group ahead of us and felt rushed for the first nine holes, but after we passed them it was full steam ahead. The plethora of traps always seemed well managed, but often it was without a rake within close proximity.

Response from Heartland Crossing Golf Links on 08/01/2017:

Hi Michael, we're happy you enjoyed our friendly staff and challenging course layout. Thank you for playing Heartland Crossing Golf Links.

"Dead Cart - Nobody Cares"

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/17/2017

This is a good layout that isn't in great shape - but would be worth it if the pro shop staff could wake up! Cart started dying on the way to the first green. Called pro shop to get another cart immediately. They said oh, I don't think they charged all of the carts last night. Really, why not!

No one showed. Cart made it just past the tee on 3. Walked with cart bag until hole 8. This is after 4 more calls to the shop. Final call was a threat. Finally got the cart.

Not going back ever!

Response from Heartland Crossing Golf Links on 08/01/2017:

Hello Gary, we're sorry you did not fully enjoy your round. Our goal at Heartland Crossing Golf Links is for every player to enjoy their experience. Thank you for playing, we hope you give us another shot in the future.

"Good Value"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/10/2017

The links style was fun to play. Carts need GPS. The course was a bit difficult find but we'll worth it.

Response from Heartland Crossing Golf Links on 06/12/2017:

Hi William, we're happy you enjoyed our fun layout and good course conditions. Thank you for playing Heartland Crossing Golf Links!

"Great value for Seniors"

Charles7689402's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/05/2017

Moved away from area 20 years ago. Always enjoyed playing HC prior to move. Still one of the best values around the Indianapolis area. Try to avoid the bunkers and you will enjoy your round more.

Response from Heartland Crossing Golf Links on 06/07/2017:

Hello Chuck, we're happy you have always enjoyed playing Heartland Crossing. Thank you for the kind review!

robertmorgan2017's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/31/2017

Response from Heartland Crossing Golf Links on 06/09/2017:

Hi Robert, we're happy you enjoyed your first round at our course. Thank you for playing Heartland Crossing Golf Links, we look forward to seeing you again soon!

"Course wasn't in good shape"

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/14/2017

There were a lot of weeds in the fairways. Greens were decent but could be better.

Response from Heartland Crossing Golf Links on 05/18/2017:

Hi Ivan, we're sorry course conditions were not up to par. We're happy to see you enjoyed our course layout and friendly staff. Thank you for playing Heartland Crossing Golf Links!

"Course needs more work"

oscar6630574's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/07/2017

Around the greens were sand bunkers have been filled in needs more grass

Response from Heartland Crossing Golf Links on 05/09/2017:

Hi Oscar, we apologize course conditions were not up to par. We appreciate your feedback and hope you give us another chance in the future. Thank you for playing Heartland Crossing Golf Links!

"This is one of the worst courses I've ever played."

Slimsteeler's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/26/2017

Pros: Inside Staff was very friendly.

I played as a single so luckily I only had to spend 2 and a 1/2 hours at this dreadful place.

Cons: How much time ya got?

Course in terrible condition. They pulled off the unbelievable task of making the greens dreadfully slow yet impossible to hold! Even with a wedge! Honestly you'd be better served stopping at the local hardware store and picking up a sledgehammer to replace your putter. Yet the greens are so firm you don't need a divot tool. If it's a front pin (which 75% of them were that day) getting anywhere near the flag is not an option. Even with wedge in hand. 17 green was half dead! Now on to the bunkers...links course so plenty of bunkering yet no two bunkers the same. Some, plenty of sand and consistent, others, none.

I play to about a 2 hdcp and I don't think I've ever played a course that I've been so penalized hitting good shots.

Avoid this course until either they get a new greenskeeper or invest tons in maintenance or both.

As I said to a friend, a great motto for this place should be: "A great place to play if you live nearby and you're almost out of gas."

If Nick Price saw the state of his design, he'd have his name removed from the scorecard.

Commented on 05/03/2017

Davelongdrive50,

I get it, you're retired and play 3 or 4 times a week but since you're on a fixed income you only play cow pastures where you aren't in danger of losing too many balls and refuse to pay more than $20 for a round. So you create a username with golf terms in it thinking you know all there is to know about the game.

Saying a course is better than last year, even though it's still terrible, is like lipstick on a pig...it's still a pig.

As far as you assuming my skill level, you'd be wrong. Yes, I do only get to play once a week nowadays due to the fact that I'm no longer in the golf business, which I was for the greater part of 15yrs. Yes, I do still carry a 2 hdcp and no, I don't play rock golf balls. It's fine if you're a member of the course and want to defend your home track. Understandable. Assuming someone's skill level based on a bad review, bad move.

Have a good weekend. Enjoy your cow pasture full of weeds and dead spots.

Commented on 04/29/2017

I do have time actually.

This course is on the upswing from last year. 17 green was worst last year, like I said...upswing. Bunkers were worked all last year, once again that is a drastic improvement considering they were filled with dirt all summer last summer and under maintenance.....upswing. Honestly you might have been at the wrong course by reading your comments.

On to the "2hcp" that you have when you play once a week. First, this is not a PGA event you were playing at. Second, you must have been using rocks as balls because I know I played just a few days ago and my golf ball had no problems sticking to the greens, also rolling on the greens very nicely. Third, the Links course may not be for you then considering by your comments you cannot seem to keep the ball in safe play even tho a links course is a wide open course. Considering the vast amounts of higher rated star ratings, that golf course is certainly not a 1 star course.

Thank you, have a wonderful weekend.

U000004919238's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/23/2017

Very nice course. Lots of improvement in last year and more to come.

Response from Heartland Crossing Golf Links on 04/26/2017:

Hi Steve, we're happy you enjoyed playing our nice course. Thank you for playing Heartland Crossing Golf Links!

"Great course but in poor shape"

ewruther's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/20/2017

The course layout is one of the most fun and challenging in the central Indiana. Most of the fairways are infested with dandelions. The sand traps are half emptied. The greens and tee boxes are in good shape, but could be better. This course would be amazing if more time was spent on maintenance. Staff were friendly and the price is right.

Response from Heartland Crossing Golf Links on 04/24/2017:

Hello Eric, we're sorry course conditions were not up to your standard. We have recently sprayed the greens to remove the dandelions. Thank you for rating our layout as one of the most fun and challenging layouts in central Indiana. We hope you give us another chance in the future.