Pebble Brook Golf Club - South Course

Greens: Bent Grass
Fairways: Blue/Ryegrass
Golf Season: Open: 3/01 Closed: 11/30

GPS: Yes

Dress code: Proper golf attire required.
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard Welcomed

Tees | Layout

Average Rating 3.9 stars from 5

Location is in the 'burbs convenient to the city worth the drive   Great for locals playing multiple courses walkers   Challenges include bunkers water hazards thick rough   Great for drinks watching the game

"First time and last time"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/18/2017

This course was great! I enjoyed the course But....the First Lady I saw wasn't really all that friendly, there were 2 of us golfing and in all time I have golfed never had 2 more people booked with us like yesterday. Something I enjoy about other courses is in between 9 and 10th hole we can stop in for a quick bite to eat, there was a little shack in between the 9and 10th hole here and it was hot out and I was thirsty as heck so when the lady got all our order together....didn't have a credit card reader so we couldn't get anything and had to drive all the way back to the main clubhouse to finally get something to eat...the woman at the shack was very friendly and gave me a cup of ice to get through it but it was a huge inconvenience to have to drive all the way back to the clubhouse so if you plan on coming to this course please make sure you have cash!!!

Commented on 04/20/2017

We are in the process of accepting CC at the snack shop on the North Course. Last year, we took imprints which customer were concerned about. Internet access is sketchy. Last year we tried a hot spot with inconsistent results. We have a fix and should be up and running shortly. Thank for playing Pebble Brook

"Beautiful day, great course!"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/18/2017

We had an excellent round. GPS on golf carts was a great addition to our experience.

"Improved since last year"

Golf9301's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/17/2017

All of the bunkers have been re-done (17 is still under repair but should be completed as soon as the weather allows) and many new tee boxes have been built and are in play. Fun course, nice complement to the older, tighter South course.

Response from Pebble Brook Golf Club on 04/20/2017:

Thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback. We appreciate the kind words and hope to see you again soon! Thanks for playing.

"Two nice tracks, good value."

tgm1230's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/15/2017
Previously played Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

I have always enjoyed playing Pebble Brook. Very nice facility, staff and courses.

"Great Bang for your Buck"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/15/2017
Previously played Used cart Windy weather

Course was in great shape. Only complaint was the half-way house did not accept cards. They have in the past so it was a bit of a let-down as I never carry cash on me.

Response from Pebble Brook Golf Club on 04/20/2017:

Thanks for the review! We're happy to hear that our course conditions are up to par. We hope to see you again soon.

"Great Time"

uCWLO1682CW's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/02/2017
Previously played Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

Wonderful course, windy and wet on the day we played.

Response from Pebble Brook Golf Club on 04/11/2017:

Thanks for taking the time to review our course. We happy to hear you enjoyed your round even when the weather wasn't up to par. We hope to see you again soon!

"Nice course"

greggie315's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/01/2017

Pebble Brook North is a very nice course and a great value. The layout of the course is great and is in great shape. The course was wet which we expected after all the rain we had. Our only complaint was the pace of play. We waited on every shot on every hole. A Marshall would be nice but more importantly golfers understanding what ready golf is would go along way in eliminating these issues. We will be back again

"Good course for the money."

jay8417614's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/01/2017

My friend and I played this course yesterday and there was standing water pretty much everywhere. While we have had some rain lately, it made me question if they're experiencing drainage issues.

I played it a couple times last year and it was in great shape. I'll certainly give it another try, but will wait until the weather clears up.

Staff is super friendly, track has a nice layout. Check it out when the weather breaks for the spring!

Response from Pebble Brook Golf Club on 04/06/2017:

Thanks for taking the time to review our course. We appreciate the feedback about our course conditions and are glad to see you enjoyed the layout. We are looking forward to seeing you again soon when the weather is better!

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/19/2017
Previously played Walked Cold weather Verified Purchaser

Response from Pebble Brook on 03/22/2017:

Thanks for the 5-star review! Please come back and play again soon!

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/19/2017

Response from Pebble Brook on 02/21/2017:

Thanks for playing! We're happy that you had a chance to get out to the course this weekend and enjoy the warm weather. We appreciate the 5-star review and hope that you'll come back and play again soon!

"Great course!"

Julius6041750's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/19/2017

This place is always in great shape. The staff is friendly and the price is very reasonable. Both the north and the south courses are fun and challenging!

Response from Pebble Brook on 02/21/2017:

Thank you!!

"February Round"

DrOldSchool's avatar
Indy Advisor

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/19/2017

Anytime you can play golf this time of year when it's 65 degrees, you do it. The course was in decent shape for the winter. Tee markers would've been nice though, as would've scorecards on the carts or at the first tee. Greens rolled fantastically for February.

The (north) course itself has some interesting holes, but it's not a layout that will knock you out, with a lot of back and forth doglegs and greens that slope fairly hard back to front for the most part. You don't come back to the clubhouse at the turn, though there is a halfway shack. Take a few extra drinks and a snack with you when you start.

Altogether, there are a lot worse options around the area in the same price range. It's worth a go for a nice relaxing round with friends, especially at the hot deal rate on golfnow.

Response from Pebble Brook on 02/21/2017:

Thanks for your review! We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us. Please come back and play again soon!

"Awesome!"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/17/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather

Truly awesome course, especially for the price. Played here twice now towards the end of this season and the place is in immaculate condition. The course had already taken up all the yardage signs, water coolers, and ball washers, but that was to be expected this late in the season. The fairways and greens were very green and lush. The rough is playable but a nice assortment of well placed trees and bunkers (fairway and green side) make sure you pay a penalty for errant shots. High spin shots were well received by the greens but low punch and run shots were in play as well with a surprisingly soft but bouncy fairway. Greens were fast but fair and matched the putting green speeds. New carts with new gps units. The course was packed but even though the front took 2:25 it opened up on the back and we finished just over 4 hours with 3 of us. The first outing weeks prior there were zero issues with pace. Friendly staff and a well stocked bar with a mini-clubhouse between 9 and 10 that was also well stocked with food and drinks. Considering comparable courses around the north side struggled with condition and pace this season this course was a pleasant surprise. Overall not an extremely challenging course but we did play the white tees. Tips would have brought more fairway bunkers into play that we were able to hit over. Can't wait to play it in 2017.

Response from Pebble Brook on 11/23/2016:

Thanks so much! We can't wait to see you back next year!

"Amazingly affordable"

kkbodie's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/16/2016

This is an amazing course. It has just enough difficulty from the tips to challenge even the scratch golfer. The greens are consistent and fast. The course plays true.

I recommend this course for anyone looking to have fun and a challenge.

Response from Pebble Brook on 11/23/2016:

Thanks for an awesome review! Please come back and play again soon!

"Very enjoyable round of golf"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/11/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

I thought the fairways, rough, and sand were very well groomed. Tee boxes were a little rough and the greens were, for the most part, very good. Pretty quick greens. The course is challenging but not to the point that it becomes frustrating. Some beautiful holes on this course. I will be back.

Response from Pebble Brook on 11/15/2016:

Thanks so much for playing. We're thrilled that you had a great round and that you enjoyed our course's unique layout. We look forward to seeing you back soon!!

"Has so much potential"

u000008120815's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/06/2016

Pace of play was awful! '2 Novice golfers ahead of us who later hooked up with another twosome, neither with enough golf etiquette to let us play through.

We did not even have enough time to complete our round.

Staff was unfriendly and did not provide any guidance.

Such a shame because the course is in great condition and could really be a great place with just a little more customer service.

Response from Pebble Brook on 11/15/2016:

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback with us. We are so sorry to hear that our staff wasn't accommodating as we normally strive to be. We hope you'll give us another shot and see us again soon. Thank you for playing.

"Best Buy in the Indy area"

gnunns's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/01/2016

$31 for 2 18 hole rounds with a cart......awesome. GPS yardage on cart included

Response from Pebble Brook Golf Club on 11/03/2016:

Thank you for your feedback! We are happy to know you enjoyed your round and found great value at our golf course. Come back soon!

"Good Course and Great Staff"

jkgaafar's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/24/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

Pebble Brook is a nice course with a great staff. Course was in good shape which was challenging given we had recently had some rain. Weather a bit cool but sunny, so nice brisk fall day.

What stood out was the staff. When I arrived a bit early the staff greeted me. I was a single, but that did not matter, they still worked to give me a great experience. They offered me to change courses (they have 2 18's) to get off earlier and play faster which I took.

On returning to the clubhouse, they asked about the course, my experience for the day and wanted to make sure I had a good day. They also showed me heavily discounted merchandise that I took advantage and purchased.

It was nice to see a truly caring staff that added to a great golf experience.

Response from Pebble Brook on 10/26/2016:

Thanks so much for the kind words! We're thrilled that you had a great time with us and that you had some memorable interactions with our staff. Thanks for playing and we hope to see you back soon!

"Late season condition"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/05/2016

Course condition is pretty good overall...work being done on most greens which has a tendency to alter your putts.

The senior tee boxes are just okay...not level like the back tees...fareways and ruffs are all good. Overall they do a

nice job keeping both the courses in good playable condition...traps are unfriendly given the (often times) hard sand.

Majority of public courses have lousy sand anyway....I recommend these courses. They are fun to play and not

overly challenging but not overly,easy either...it's a good value....staff is very friendly and the snack bar is well stocked

with numerous choices. I have always enjoyed playing these 2 courses.

"Fun Course"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/18/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 18 holes Fair weather

A couple friends and myself played this course recently and we had a great time. It had recently rained, but the course was in decent shape. I found the combination of water, trees, and distance to be enjoyable.

Commented on 09/28/2016

Thanks so much for your review! Happy to hear that you had a great time despite a little wetness. We hope to see you again soon!