Deer Run Golf Club

• 8804 Logtown Rd, Berlin, Maryland 21811, Worcester County
  • (888) 790-4465, (410) 629-0060
  • www.golfoceancity.com

Year built: 1998
Architect(s): Lindsay Ervin, Rich Mandell (1998)
Type: Semi-Private
Greens: Bent Grass
Fairways: Rye Grass

Practice bunker: Yes
Practice hole: Yes
Indoor practice facilities: Yes
Simulator: Yes
Golf school / academy: Yes - "Bob Beckelman Golf Academy"

Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Discover Welcomed

Tees | Layout

Average Rating 3.6 stars from 5
Course Layout: No ratings so far

Location is convenient to the city near local attractions   Great for seniors locals beginners   Challenges include water hazards forced carries narrow fairways   Great for drinks

"Great round"

ryanmcmanus's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/11/2015

Weather was perfect and the course was in good condition even having significant storms recently. Pace of play was good, did not have to wait and no one pushing us along.

Commented on 10/12/2015

Ryan,

Happy to hear the weather was great for you! Glad you enjoyed your round at Deer Run. Make sure to like us on Facebook for specials deals and course events!

"Not a 3 star more like a 1 star"

ctemean's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/18/2015

Run down and if I didn't get a special prepaid price of $25pp I would of just left. The course had crab grass on greens.

Commented on 10/12/2015

Thank you for taking time to leave a review. We appreciate all feedback.

"Course was narrow with water on 14 of 18 holes!"

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/16/2015
First time playing Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

They just aerated greens. Course gave us a $7 discount which was very nice of them. Golf Now should inform customers if greens have just been aerated.

Quality of food & beverage: Fair

Commented on 09/21/2015

We want to apologize that you were not notified that the greens had just been aerated. We hope you will still come out and see us again soon.

"Good value for the money"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/06/2015

Greens were in good shape. Rest of course, not as good. Pace of play was excellent. Good value for the money.

Commented on 09/14/2015

We appreciate all feedback! Thank you for taking time to leave a review!

"One (round) and Done..."

klittl2's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/29/2015
First time playing Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather

The course seems a bit over priced but everything in Ocean City is. When the organizer in our group for the outing called up to book the tee time, he was told beer would be included in the $45 green fee.

It's an open course with not many hazards but some fairways were hard to determine.

A set of clubs were rented by someone in the group and upon teeing off on one of the holes the driver head snapped off. We turned the clubs in and were charged $35 for the broken driver. Not sure if that is normal practice for a golf course but doesn't exactly seem right.

Commented on 09/14/2015

We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your round at Deer Run. When you rent out golf clubs at the course, you expressly authorize that we may immediately make a charge to your credit card in the amount of the replacement cost for broken or damaged items. We apologize if this was not made clear when the clubs were rented.

"Very Misleading"

Michael5519396's avatar
Age:  Under 25

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/23/2015

My friend and I are somewhat avid golfers and have played some very nice & quality courses over time. We both are in our mid 20's and have seen our fair share of badly maintained courses. When we played here, we spent $55 on a course that should be charging $15. Greens had burnt marks all over them, sand was poorly maintained, rough was soaked, tee boxes were sometimes just dirt piles etc. We had played Rum Pointe & Baywood Greens for less than $55 the two previous days. Those two courses are prestine and this one was horrific. By the 15th hole, we cut our loses, bit the bullet and just left. Staff was rude, carts were disgusting, I could just keep going on and on. Definitely not worth the time or money. Look up better courses, plan your times to get the best deals and don't waste your breath on this place.

Quality of food & beverage: Poor

Commented on 09/04/2015

Michael,
We would also like to offer you a couple free rounds to come back and play in the Spring to give our course a second look!

Commented on 09/04/2015

Michael,
We are so sorry you were unsatisfied with the conditions of the course. I am also so sorry to hear that our staff at the course was. I would like to ensure you that we hold our staff to an exemplary level of customer service and I deeply apologize for your experience.

"This course is fun to play"

William8413618's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/12/2015
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

Great course for the price at peak season! When we played it was very wet cart path only. But still had great time.

Hi William,

Thanks for your kind words! We hope to see you again soon!

"Nice course,weird doglegs"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/01/2015
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 9 holes Good weather

A nice course to play if you can get a deal on golfnow, we played for 20 bucks,there regular price was way over what it was worth. Very slow pace and on the back nine we got behind a group of six.I liked the course except for the weird doglegs.

Commented on 08/21/2015

We appreciate the feedback and are always looking to improve. Look out for special deals on our Facebook and Twitter pages!

"liked the layout"

Chuck1342's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/24/2015

first time playing this course. met up with another twosome and had a great day. found the course in good condition and the greens where great. the staff was very helpful and friendly.

Hey Check,

Thanks for the great review! We take pride in our course condition and customer service. Glad you had a good time!

"Best thing was the golf now price"

shess10's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/10/2015

Took a chance on deer run due to a great discount on golfnow. Funky course with 19 holes, par 73. Many "fairways" could not be differentiated from the rough. Multiple tee boxes grouped together on many holes. Strange doglegs that left our group wondering where to aim. Several holes have no defined landing area. Pace of play was slow with an "8-some" in front of us. The staff was Friendly and helpful as they shuttled us around this group to try to keep things moving.

For the price we paid this course was ok, but if you're looking for a real golf experience there are many better choices in the area.,

"Nice course"

larotella's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/01/2015
Previously played Paired up at course Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather

This course plays well.
A fairly challenging course with plenty of hazards to deal with including a variety of open and narrow fairways. My only complaint was that the mosquitoes were incredibly nasty so bug spray is essential.

"Greens are in great shape"

mdhillbilly's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/26/2015

Very wet on the day we played; there was a lot of water on the course. Cart paths only for a reason. Will definitely play it again under drier conditions.

"Deer Run"

Mike5543747's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/20/2015

Highly recommend for all golfers out there. The course is some what challenging.

"Good value, but....."

emac45's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/16/2015

This is a nice little course with some pretty interesting holes. We were pressed by a twosome and couple of singles that we let play thru. It was very hot that day and the clubhouse (?) had water problems so no bathrooms or kitchen service. Couldn't ever buy a beer! and no beverage cart on the course. We got on the course for under $20 per so we got what we paid for. Normally a pretty good golf experience.

Quality of food & beverage: Poor

"Fun Experience for first time golfer"

jimhutch13's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/06/2015
First time playing Played with a group Used cart Good weather Verified Purchaser

My girlfriend wanted to try to play her first round, so I chose this course a little further outside of Ocean City's "golf belt", hoping that a late Saturday tee time would allow us room and not slow everyone down. Needless to say, it poured rain and we had to reschedule for Sunday morning...but the course was relatively empty and we were able to play.

While very wet, there was no appreciable effect on course conditions - lush fairways, great greens, and rough that was deep but fair. The wide range of tees allowed us both to enjoy our rounds and be challenged. It is a short course, but played very long because of the wet fairways that could not be mowed Sat/Sun. The staff was wonderful, and the casual setting made for an enjoyable morning/early afternoon. I look forward to playing it again when a bit drier - it will be a whole different course.

FRom a layout standpoint, it is a strategic course - many distance decisions, and a couple of blind, unmapped water hazards (#2 front of green, #9 fairway drainage ditch). Lots of doglegs, but they all are right to left. My only criticism is the par 3's - from the white tees they all were 130-150 yards, which made for a little lack of challenge...the blue tees provide more variety in club selection. This is an excellent course for beginners - the tee locations take over-water carries out of the equation, which speeds play and reduces frustration.

Overall, a really enjoyable facility and day of golf!

Player Tip: Lots of right to left doglegs that can be driven through when dry (90 degrees on most); a couple of blind water hazards on #2 and #9.

"Great Value"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/06/2015

I've played the course many times since 2013 and see steady improvement in the grounds,the staff, and the F&B. It is an excellent value when purchased at the discount fees that can be found online. The only caveot to the day was the pace of play. I started on the back nine because the foursome in front of me were non players and I had a foursome on the back that did allow us to play through only to get behind a twosome that had no clue. When we finally got to the turn the skies opened unmercifully and put an end to our day. Nonetheless I would recommend the course to a friend.

Quality of food & beverage: Excellent

"The usual good experience!"

RSchatz1's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/29/2015
Previously played Paired up at course Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

I've played this course many times over past 12 years. Recent changes to certain holes, and an upgrading of the clubhouse--plus a great rate from TeeTimes.com-make this one of the better choices for golf in the area. Great staff--hospitable but not overbearing. Course is in great shape. Really, always a fun experience here, regardless of score!

Player Tip: The 16th hole, to a thin peninsula green, is wicked hard from whites and blues, especially when there is wind. Think TPC 17th island green!

Quality of food & beverage: Excellent

"Fun course for all levels of play"

jrehm44's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/23/2015

I enjoyed this course. First time playing it. A lot of challenging holes to test your skills. And some holes to make up some strokes when the challenging holes get to you.

Quality of food & beverage: Average

"Great shape... greens a little funny"

Chris4586042's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/18/2015

Awesome course in great shape... Fairways immaculate. Greens seemed to have two different types of grass... Some patches thick and others thinner... Made greens hard to predict.... Overall great course

"Great value"

REVDEN's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/15/2015

Nice course ... A lot of water BUT very manageable
Hard dog legs left and right ... Very enjoyable ..
GREAT PRICE !!!!!!