Hunter's Creek Golf Club

Architect(s): Lloyd Clifton
Type: Public
Greens: TifEagle
Fairways: Bermuda Grass

Dress code: Appropriate golf attire.
Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover Welcomed

Tees | Layout

Average Rating 3.1 stars from 5

Location is convenient to the city near local attractions near the airport   Great for locals seniors advanced golfers   Challenges include bunkers water hazards plays long   Great for drinks brunch watching the game

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/23/2017

Course Layout: Poor

"The fairways were all burnt out"

jtalento's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/23/2017

I played here before it is a nice course to play for an average golfer ... the staff was friendly but the fairways were brutal all burnt out

"Very slow pace of play"

jchoate27502's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/22/2017

My tee time was 2:08 and I was put behind 2 groups of six. I know it was a tournament...but they stayed on the greens after putting, talking and writing their scores down, etc. Get off the green!!! Oh, and they walked the course as well.

Gareth2541563's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/21/2017

"Great Practice Round, But Thats All."

jprib434's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/21/2017

I live nearby and play here when I get a great deal and want to get some swings in. Tee boxes are horrific, but who cares, try to find a level surface (good luck) and put a peg in the ground. Fairways are yellow straw, but oddly, unlike hardpan, the ball sits up a little and you can actually make good contact. I played as a single and played 2-3 balls a hole with no one in front of me or behind me (go figure). The Greens are green, but bumpy and uneven so don't wager anything that may come down to a putt. I had a good day, but just wanted to slap it around a bit. This is a classic, "Good Layout, If They Only Took Care of It" course.

"Horrible"

Les5518539's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/21/2017

This course is the worst course that I've played in the past 20 years. Golf now pictures showed a nice green course and when I arrived it was totally brown and virtually unplayable. I only played nine holes a quit.

"Slowly Improving"

Jack2366647's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/20/2017

The greens seem to be improving every day. It appears they are being watered more, along with more fertilizer and grooming. Still, the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 7th, 11th and 12th greens are marginal at best. Bunkers are in great shape, and it appears the rake problem has been resolved. The fairways are drying out quickly. It also appears that many of the sprinkler heads don't function, and some of the ones that do are watering in the wrong direction. The 5th, 7th, 10th (before the water), and 16th are dry in the middle of the airway, but the rough on each side is being watered regularly. And, beginning today, there is no one working outside services. The desk attendant now handles both inside and outside activities. That doesn't work! An average golf facility, with poor customer service will eventually fail. The Snow Birds have gone home, and now it's just us locals. And we know where to find the best deals in quality and customer service.

painfree's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/19/2017

"This course needs a lot of TLC"

ErnieTucker's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/19/2017
First time playing Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

You can tell the course was top shelf at one time. The layout is great and works for all levels of golfers. However, the conditions as of 4/19/17 have deteriorated dramatically. I understand the fairways being hard and brown do to the drought we are in. But the greens were unplayable. It seemed like each green had fungus and bald spots on them. Some with about 25%-40% lost. My friends complained so much the whole round that I was embarrassed to ask them to pay so I ate the whole tabs. I don’t see me playing there again anytime soon.

"sahara desert"

bcrippen19's avatar
Age:  Under 25

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/17/2017

this course is dryer than your clothes coming out of the dryer...when you hit on the fairway dust would be in the air from the dead grass... the tee boxes looked like they haven't been touched in 10 years...they were un cut...distances were unclear cause half the holes didn't have markers..they had one ball cleaner on the bright side..but it had no towel..this golf course is a absolute waste of time and i would rather watch paint dry then play here again

Course Layout: Poor

"Welcome to the desert!"

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/16/2017

I was looking for a round of golf while my wife was at the star wars convention. Found this one close by.

I had already paid on golf now, so I was stuck. Otherwise I would turned around and left. This course has not been watered since the Pilgrims arrived at Plymouth Rock. I could not believe how dry this place was for a course in FL. A decent shot in the fairway would give you another 50 yards of bounce/roll since the ball was landing on concrete.

The only benefit was that they had no Marshall onsite, so I played a few holes twice. Since they didn't have a beverage cart, I drove my cart over to my truck and put a well packed cooler in the golf cart with me. Plenty of beers enjoyed at no charge which made the game a bit more relaxing. That is the only reason the course does not get a one star rating.

I would not play this course again unless they watered it and grew some grass. The surrounding homes and apartment complex had better grass than the golf course.

"Greens are aweful"

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/15/2017
Previously played Used cart Windy weather

My buddies and I play here every weekend as we all live in Hunter's Creek but we have seen how conditions had deteriorated greatly especially in the greens. The bar/rest. was closed on a Saturday as well. Staff is not to friendly and to make matters worse, now your round is starting from the back nine instead of the front nine. there are other courses for the same price in far better conditions. At this point, we rather driver farther and go to Royal St. Cloud. you should hire their greenkeeper for real. We probably won't be playing in Hunter's Creek anymore until we can see significant improvement to the course. We are very disappoint how a great course has gone so bad.

"Somewhat Pleasant Surprise"

AceDublB's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/11/2017

My wife and I remember playing Hunters Creek about 10 years ago and it was enjoyable then as the course was in reasonably good condition. I booked the GolfNow Hot Deal before reading the reviews which was really upsetting once I saw the very high percentage of very negative reviews from the last few months.

We waited on #10 to tee off in a line of 3 groups or so. The group 2 ahead of us looked to be new golfers as there was a lot of lessons on the tee before some very poor drives. The 3 guys ahead of us were obviously very upset about their bad luck. Fortunately for us a single guy from MA joined us and I said I think we are looking at a 5 hour round minimum.

Most reviewers said the course was in terrible shape, especially tees, greens and traps. It was obvious that the greens were not in good shape as there was a lot of sand on them, especially around edges, which is confusing from 150 yards out. They were puttable but barely? We found the tees quite acceptable from the whites. The traps were acceptable as well. The fairways were dry and burned out but easy to hit off and lots of roll.

My wife played the forward Reds which were a surprising 5,900 yards. The tips run 7,450 yards. This course needs to develop another set of forward tees, not acceptable in this day of playing forward.

My wife said the on course washroom was terrible as did our playing partner.

The slow group must have dropped out after 9 which was indeed fortunate although we skipped a par 3 on front side to pass a slow group. We finished in 4 hours.

We enjoyed our day but the greens will spoil the day if you are serious about scoring, almost a 2-putt necessity.

For the price we paid we were not disappointed and that is why I selected Yes to 'Recommend to a Friend' but No if paying $30 or more.

The layout is not that interesting though as most holes are straightaway, only one dogleg I remember but I could be wrong.

The saving grace is that they seem to be working at improving the course and of course the prolonged drought has not helped.

Age:  Under 25

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/11/2017

"Wait until this course is in better shape!"

pfarach's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/11/2017

Though the layout of the course is wonderful, everything else was not. The fairways were all brown (grass is dead). The greens were in terrible shape (lots of areas under repair and bumpy). It's a shame because this course is laid out beautifully. The staff was friendly. Would not come back unless the conditions are greatly improved!

"Wrightys latest experience"

stevewright's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/10/2017

Hunters Creek is an easily accessed course and rarely gets overly busy. Unfortunately the greens and course maintenance leaves a lot to be desired. But for access and position and price it is acceptable. You wouldn't want to take somebidy there to impress them and if you want to experience a good quality course go elsewhere.

"What happened to this course?"

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/10/2017

I cant believe that this course is still open.

The fairway grass is dead. The greens are in very poor shape. No grass on most of the greenaand white sand. Sad because the course has an excellent layout.

"Hunter's Creek"

u000004720817's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/09/2017

Sorry to see the course has gone downhill. The irrigation system is not working resulting in brown fairways

"Sad But True"

Jack2366647's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/08/2017

This course is in poor condition. Front-nine greens 2, 3, 4, 5, and 7 are practically unplayable. Back-nine greens 10, 11, and 12 are just as bad. Obviously the irrigation system is only partially operational. The greens are getting water, but many of the fairways and most of the tee boxes are dry as toast. The fact that there has been no measurable rain in over 6 months certainly plays a big part in the overall poor conditions. The price has been lowered for the next couple of months, but it's still not worth the current $29.95 asking price.