Hunter's Creek Golf Club

Architect(s): Lloyd Clifton
Type: Public
Greens: TifEagle
Fairways: Bermuda Grass

Dress code: Appropriate golf attire.
Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover Welcomed

Location is convenient to the city near local attractions near the airport   Great for locals seniors advanced golfers   Challenges include bunkers water hazards plays long   Great for drinks brunch watching the game

"Coming along real nice"

Rosslance's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/02/2017

I've play hunters creek every week for the last 6 months.

Ive been told by the old timers here - that the course use to be one of the best courses in the area.

At first, my thought was - the course is in poor condition at best. The dry weather in the spring destroyed it. The hot summer made it worse.

Now they have a new management company and some new staff helping repair the course.

I am specifically writing this review to let everyone know - Ive never met the new greens keeper, but he is absolutely amazing!!!! The work that has been done to this course since the hurricane is incredible. They still have some things to correct (some of the tee boxes and sand traps), but other than that --- this course is back on the map !!!!!! If you have had bad experiences here in he past - forget about them and try this course again.... your wont be disappointed. At the rate they are repairing this course, i bet another month or two and they will be back to 5 stars.

Great job and a pat on the back to the new staff there.........

"Linda was great!!!"

u000004920344's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/21/2017

Just got back from a great day of golf!!! Hadn't been out in quite a very long time. My first encounter was with Linda at the pro shop. She was such a great help and answered every one of my questions. Got me hooked up with the Creek Card and all the perks that went with it. She had me out hitting balls (which I really needed) in no time. I can't thank her enough! The course was in good condition and the weather was fine! Can't wait to go out again. Thank you Linda.

"Potential"

hockeyhuss's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/25/2017

The course has amazing potential. The greens were phenomenal.

We were told that the last owners had neglected the course.

This was apparent in the bunkers. We played from them if we had a playable lie. The course was visually easy to pick lines for driving the ball.

It will be nice to see if the new group can get the bunkers going and this will be on my replay list for my next visit to Central Florida.

"Linda in Golf Club"

Plays:  Once every three months

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/08/2017
First time playing Used cart Hot weather

Linda provide excellent service today. As a relatively new golfer, Linda spent considerable time helping me get acclimated with Hunter's Creel Golf Club. Thank you.

"Great course!"

Golfbuddy46's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/28/2017

This course is a definite to try! The staff is friendly and professional! The cute blonde in the pro shop was the nicest little thing and everyone was very helpful. The course was in excellent shape Only the sand traps needed sand. But overall the course was exceptional! and the prices were good. I'll definitely be back!

"Improving Every Day"

Jack2366647's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/28/2017

Since Hurricane Maria, regular maintenance of parts of the course was stopped, so debris could be removed. A monstrous task, that is slowly winding down. During this time, however, the tee boxes, fairways and greens have been maintained daily. With the exception of hole #5, 10, 11, 14 & 15, the greens are in excellent condition. Fairways are full and firm and the rough is still up in some holes due to the debris. The bunkers are virtually unplayable. The course might want to consider offering a local rule until the bunkers can be completely refurbished. For the price, the course is still great place to play.

"Greens are very very slow, on purpose as told by staff"

therxman's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/16/2017

Played 4 times this year and 5 times last year, the greens are terrible, very long and it will take you two shots to get close to the hole if longer than 15 feet, told by staff member they do that on purpose, may think it speeds up play but doesn't, ball does not take a normal slope, they go straight but short, if you on the other side of the green you have no chance of getting it to the hole.

WHAT a shame for a great course, I bought a frequent golfer card, but will not play there anymore..NOT a course for a handicapper lower than 16, you hit ball onto green it stops no roll no divot,,Don't wast your time

Response from Hunter's Creek Management on 09/25/2017:

We're sorry to hear greens conditions were not up to par for your game. Thank you for golfing with us over the years! Moving forward, our staff is working hard to maintain the course as we head into Fall.

Commented on 09/29/2017

You must be thinking of another course!! There is nothing slow about the greens at Hunter's Creek.

"Poor customer service"

lubeguy24's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/27/2017
Previously played Used cart Wet weather

I played this course 5 years ago and the customer service was a lot better. Back then someone came to meet me in the lot and took my bag to a cart and after the round offered to clean my clubs. This time neither happened. We had to carry our clubs to the place where the carts were parked and load them ourselves. We went inside to pay our green fees and the lady behind the counter seemed to be mad that we booked our tee time with Golfnow. After she found this out she was a bit rude. If you don't like this tee time service don't put your course on there. Then we went outside to see the starter and the only guy out there said "Good Morning" then walked away and never said another thing. After choosing a cart we went to the first tee where we had to ask a few groups what there time was so we could find where we fit in. This should have been done by the starter if there was one.The course was not in good shape. Most of the fairways were OK but a lot of the greens were terrible. Almost every sand trap was full of water. I lost 2 balls in sand traps full of water. I loved this course 5 years ago but will never come back to play here again unless they show major improvements. A little customer service would be a start. There are other courses in the area that meet you in the lot and clean your clubs. Other courses also have friendly staff that are eager to help you in any way.

Commented on 09/29/2017

You played this course back when Integrity/Celebration Golf Management company managed the course. They took over 20 courses in the local Orlando area, and, in less than 2 years, managed to ruin each and every one of them. Some are still closed, i.e. Mystic Dunes, MetroWest, to name two. Since the middle of August, OB Sports had taken Hunter's Creek back under it's wing, and things are much different. Let all the old staff go. Hired new pro, new GM and new desk staff. Put the outside services people back to work, arriving each morning before the golfers!! Hired a new superintendent, who then hired new maintenance help. Got the course back in shape prior to the spate of recent hurricanes. And, just received a shipment of 75 brand new golf carts. You might want to go back to Hunter's Creek and see what changes have been made. You'll be pleasantly surprised.

heywes's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/25/2017

The course is much improved since the drought earlier this year.I play here often.I can see management is really trying to get it back in good shape and I appreciate that.Only course I remember has water full ups through out the course, I like that , hydration is VERY important when playing. I wish they would try and fix the restrooms and the bridges though, I guess in time. Its a nice layout.

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/22/2017

"Very enjoyable"

David2927326's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/22/2017

I played by myself most of the day, but had the fortunate opportunity to join 3 gentlemen that invited me to join them. the staff was fantastic especially since I left my Putter on the 18 th green. The staff member held on to it and told me the three boys that were playing behind me turned it in. Awesome to know those young gentlemen have honesty and integrity. Hats off to them and the staff. The course needs some work, but hey it's late August in Florida. For the price I have no complaints. I will return in the future!

"Wet Conditions"

Frankmasciale's avatar
Plays:  Once every three months

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/16/2017

Bunkers were full of water. Rough up probably due to water saturation. Fairways damp but in good condition. Greens ok considering wetness of course. Played from green (6520). Course is always a stern test of golf. Especially wicked to faders and slicers of the ball.

Response from Hunter's Creek Management on 08/23/2017:

Thank you for commenting on course conditions. It has been a very wet Florida Summer! Looking forward to your next round with us.

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/09/2017

Response from Hunter's Creek Management on 08/11/2017:

Thank you for golfing with us!

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/04/2017

Response from Hunter's Creek Management on 08/10/2017:

We're sorry to hear you were not able to recommend the golf course at this time. Please feel free to reach out to the pro shop. Thank you for golfing with us!

"Great value"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/04/2017
First time playing Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

The course and driving range are never crowded. The staff is friendly and the rates w/cart via Golf Now can't be beat.

Response from Hunter's Creek Management on 08/10/2017:

We're happy to provide a great value to our golfers. Thank you for the 4-star review!

"Very Playable"

Dan4369686's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/02/2017

Other than recent top dressing on the greens, the course was in very good shape. Fairways and rough were lush, and most tee boxes were flat and mowed. Some of the bunkers still had standing water, but were being systematically drained and raked. Overall, a nice track for the price.

Response from Hunter's Creek Management on 08/10/2017:

Our staff greatly appreciated comments on improving course conditions, especially after heavy rain in the summer. Thank you for the 4-star review and recommending the course!

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/01/2017

Response from Hunter's Creek Management on 08/10/2017:

Thank you for golfing with us at Hunter's Creek!

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/28/2017

Nice course and layout long off gold tees my son played of green tees and he really enjoyed the chanllange. green a little bear in places but rolled well and receptive to a ball only managed 11 holes due to the whether but got a great deal for $10 each on golf now teeing off at 14:30 ish hopefully we will go back and play 18

Response from Hunter's Creek Management on 08/09/2017:

We look forward to having you on the course for another round! Thank you for the 5-star review and recommending the course.

"Cheap but you get what you pay for"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/15/2017

Course has an interesting layout unfortunately it is in really poor shape

Response from Hunter's Creek Management on 08/09/2017:

Thank you for golfing with us! We're sorry to hear you were not able to recommend the course at this time. Our staff is working hard on conditions in these tough summer months.

"Much Better"

Rosslance's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/09/2017

Course is in good shape now that the rains have helped bring it back to life. New management company that is working hard to get things running well. Tees are in need of a little work. Fairways are good. Rough is getting better. Greens are still very thin with many burnt areas and a lot of cup plugs around the perimeter that create a sand trap obstacle when chipping from just off the green. Could use a little more thought it placing the location of the flags to avoid having to chip and sometimes even putt through these areas.

All in all, the course is getting better....

Still no liquor license / no food. Really would help getting that back open.

As or the layout, It is one of the nicest ive ever seen. I hope the course continues to improve and get back to the level it could be.

Response from Hunter's Creek Management on 07/19/2017:

Thank you for commenting on recent progress at Hunter's Creek! New management is working very hard to return the course to excellent playing conditions.