Bluff Creek Golf Course

Year built: 1968
Type: Public
Golf Season: Open: 4/01 Closed: 11/01

GPS: Yes

Dress code: Proper golf attire required.
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard Welcomed

Average Rating 3.7 stars from 5

Location is convenient to the city in the 'burbs worth the drive   Great for locals advanced golfers wildlife/ scenic views   Challenges include elevation changes forced carries bunkers   Great for drinks

"It's public on the west end of town, worth playing"

UnwarrantedTourSauce's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/06/2017

The course has amazing bones. Lots of hills (bluffs) and the greens are pretty good. The past rounds i've played the greens were sandy... but they weren't today. The back 9 is more fun than the front, and there are two reachable par 5's that can help your score. I wish the finishing couple holes were more interesting, but otherwise it's a nice public track in an area where EVERYTHING is private.

Response from Bluff Creek Golf Club on 07/10/2017:

Thank you for the great review! We appreciate the great review and hope to see you again in the near future.

"good value"

Steffeni's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/08/2017

Course can offer a challenge to people of varying talents. Pace a bit slow, possibly due to weather conditions the previous day. Overall the decent value for the money an interesting course

Response from Bluff Creek Golf Club on 06/13/2017:

Thank you for the review! We appreciate you coming out and apologize for the slower play on this specific day, but we are glad you enjoyed the value of our course. Thank you again for the review and we hope to see you again soon.

"Fun playing the course"

Davidfolsom's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/18/2017

Very much enjoyed playing Bluff Creek, staff was very friendly and helpful. The day was rainy and some water on course because of a hard downpour the day before.

I will definitely be back to play the course, need to do much better on tough number 12 hole

Commented on 05/22/2017

Hi "Davidfolsom" Thank you for the excellent review. We appreciate the kind words regarding our great staff, we will definitely pass this along to them. We apologize about the pour weather on the particular day and we hope to see you again on a more clearer day.

"Great value"

rklaska's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/08/2017

Well laid out, and GPS in cart was very helpful since first time playing here.

Commented on 05/11/2017

Hi "rklaska" Thank you for the great review! We are glad you enjoyed the GPS that we provide in all of our carts. Thanks for the review and we hope to see you again in the near future.

"Great Course!"

bark0141's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/08/2017

The course was in very good condition. It was early season and you could tell that they were doing a little irrigation work but if you hit it where you were supposed to like down the fairway and on the green, the course was in great shape.

The greens rolled quick which was surprising in the early season and considering the amount of rain we have had.

I found a great value on 18 holes on GolfNow. I think their regular rate was about 20% more which would be pushing it on the value front.

Commented on 05/11/2017

Hi "bark0141" Thank you for the review. We appreciate you taking time to leave us some feedback and we are glad you enjoyed your round with us. Please come back and see us again next year!

Dallas6366830's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/28/2017

Commented on 05/03/2017

Hi "Dallas6366830" Thanks for the 4 star review. We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review and we hope to see you again in the near future.

"Early March -- Bluff Creek Open"

tresbowen's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/06/2017
Previously played Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

Played Bluff Creek on a Monday during early March warm spell. Considering the time of year, the course was in good shape. Fairways were mostly dry, greens were mowed, but very slow. Great value--less than $33 with cart. There were few players on the course, so I flew around the course as a single with a cart--2 and 1/2 hour round! Surprised there wasn't more play on a 60 degree day in March with so few courses open.

Commented on 03/13/2017

Hi "tresbowen" Thank for the great review. We are glad you enjoyed your speedy day with us. Please come back and see us again once the golfing season is in full gear.

"glad to be on the course in March"

edudley's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/05/2017
Previously played Used cart Cold weather Verified Purchaser

Although I was happy to be out on the course, it was obviously a little early to be trying to play. Course was damp

Commented on 03/13/2017

Hi "edudley"Thank you for the review. The course has been a little damp due to the thawing snow. We appreciate your patience and hope to see you again once the golfing season is in full gear.

"November golf in Minnesota!"

GolfMN's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/06/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

Three things made this a great day. The weather, for November, was in the 60's and 'severe clear', I was playing with my sons and the course was in great shape. I mean, we should be in the 40's by now!

They are still open, so give this course a try. It is pretty much right out there in front of you, so if you are making your shots, you should have a fun, enjoyable round. I didn't lose a ball, which is pretty miraculous for me during a round.

Commented on 11/11/2016

Hi "GolfMN" Thank you for the excellent review! We are also pleased with the weather we have been having. Don't forget to book your last few online rounds with us before the golfing season is over.

"Great November day for golf"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/01/2016

It was a great way to enjoy the first day of November 2016. The course was is good shape overall, but a bit moist from the recent rains.

Thanks to Golf Now I was able to enjoy the day with couple of friends at Bluff Creek.

Commented on 11/11/2016

Hi "u000006159100" Thank you for the great review. We are so glad that the weather was able to hold off while you enjoyed you and your friends enjoyed your round with us. Don't forget to book your next few online rounds with us before the season is over.

"Decent"

Matt9356342's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/28/2016

on a bright sunny day after some moderate rainfall the last two days prior, the course was very muddy. some drainage issues as well as ground under repair but not horrible. the greens are a bit fluffy and medium to slow when it comes to speed. Not very many challenging holes but definitely some spots to lose your ball. Some holes can be scenic, on the back nine you have to cross a creek 100 feet above ground on a rickety bridge. We did get to see a bald eagle on the first par 3. Have fun!

Commented on 11/02/2016

Hi "Matt9356342" Thank you for the great review. We did receive a lot of rain these past few days and the course has taken some time to drain. We hope you enjoyed your scenic round with us, don't forget to book your next few times with us at www.bluffcreek.com/golf/tee-times/ before the golfing season is over.

"Awesome"

Tommy71's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/11/2016

The day was awesome and so was the course. Good day to be out there and the challenging fairways and greens give a rewarding day to be out there and play. Would recommend to players to come and play at this course.

Commented on 10/13/2016

Hi "Tommy71" Thank you so much for the great review! We appreciate the feedback, please recommend us to all of your friends.

"Nice but quirky."

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/08/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 18 holes Average weather Verified Purchaser

Course was in good shape. There were a few holes where stratagy is crucial. The lay up to a flat spot and then a 150 yard shot through a narrow approach over a ravine collected all 4 balls in our 4 some. The greens are crested and most missed puts will run well past the hole. Sometimes leaving you a longer second putt. I dont mind an undulating green but putts that roll off the green on a missed putt are wrong. Stay below the hole always.

Commented on 10/12/2016

Hi "u00000616836" Thank you for the great advice! We hope this helps others that review our course. We are so glad you enjoyed your round with us today please come back and visit us again soon.

"great layout"

dixiecrat's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/29/2016

Course waswet due to all the rain 90degree rule but was playable. Liked the topography Holes were all different.

Commented on 10/12/2016

Hi "dixiecrat " Thank you so much for the great feedback! We hope you enjoyed your round with us please come back and see us again soon.

"Great Course and Friendly Staff"

sjr8628's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/03/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

Everyone was fantastic and welcoming. The course was in great shape and had plenty of challenge and undulations. I WILL be going back again and again.

Commented on 09/09/2016

Hi "sjr8628" Thank you so much for the great review. We appreciate you taking the the to leave us such great feedback. Don't forget to make your tee time with us this weekend!

"Bluff Creek , great course"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/11/2016

Had a wonderful morning playing golf with my 4 some.

The course was in very nice shape and the greens were perfect. We want to thank the grounds crew for keeping this course so beautiful.

Tom

Commented on 09/09/2016

Hi "u000001841752" Thank you so much for the excellent review! We cant say thank you enough when it comes to the kind words regarding our staff and course conditions. Please come back and see us again soon.

"Great course"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/05/2016

The staff is really friendly and accomodating, the course is great, GPS on the carts is a wonderful tool to help with scoring. A really beautiful and fun layout. Some challenging shots but pretty generous fairways and lots of chances to score. Nothing about it feels too hard or unfair, but it's not a pushover either. The greens are nice and true, with some challenge.

It's a little out of my way but I play this course about once or twice a year, and I always enjoy my round here.

Commented on 08/16/2016

JonnyFranchise - Thank you for the 4 star review! We are thrilled to hear that you always enjoy playing at Bluff Creek! We hope to see you back soon.

"Overpriced"

UltraLounge's avatar
Age:  Under 25

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/23/2016

The course is nothing special except for a few excellent holes. It's in just average shape and it is overpriced. I've played less expensive courses that have been in noticeably better shape than this.

Commented on 10/18/2016

Hi "UltraLounge" We appreciate your honest review. We will take a closer look into this. Hope to see you again in the near future.

"Mr Robert O'Rourke"

71961's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/15/2016

Overall a solid course. Great value and a variety of holes that offer a challenge throughout the 18 holes.

Commented on 08/03/2016

Thank you for your review, Mr. O'Rourke! We are glad you had a good experience and even got a bit of a challenge out of our course. Hope to see you again soon.

"Good Course - Food Service was terrible"

rpersram's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/14/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Average weather

Good course, have fun playing. Tried to buy some lunch at the turn. Waited 10 minutes while they served the person in front of me. Three other employees in the clubhouse, but too busy talking. Not even an acknowledgement. Will not be doing that again.

Commented on 08/03/2016

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that you've enjoyed our course but we apologize for your encounter in the clubhouse. We will address this issue internally and we hope this will not deter you from playing another round on our course.