Mountain View Golf Course

Clubs: No

Practice bunker: Yes

Dress code: Proper attire is required.

Back 72 6682 yards 72.5 133
Middle 72 6117 yards 69.8 122
Forward (W) 73 5376 yards 71.5 125
Seniors 73 5376 yards 65.9 117

Location is near the airport convenient to the city in the 'burbs   Great for locals walkers advanced golfers   Challenges include bunkers elevation changes thick rough   Great for drinks patio dining watching the game

RSchach's avatar
Plays:  Twice a year

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/18/2017

"Overrated"

Amir3019245's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/10/2017

I saw all the good reviews and decided to play here last month, I booked it thru golf now, pro shop staff was very friendly however the starter wasn't as friendly. We got backed up at the par 3 fourth hole , it was dreadful from that point on. I talked to the ranger about the pace of play and he went on to say oh normally it's not like this. I gave it a try again this past Sunday, It was worse than my last experience, I was told that they had a first tee outing earlier therefore course got backed up,. I don't think I'll be playing this course again.

Response from Mountain View Golf Course on 09/14/2017:

We're sorry to hear about the slower play. Weekends can be busy for us especially if we've had an outing. We appreciate the very helpful feedback though and we hope you will give us another try in the future.

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/02/2017

Response from Mountain View Golf Course on 09/19/2017:

Thank you for the four stars!

"The nicest pro shop staff in the area! Great conditions too!"

garymtwalsh's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/30/2017

Gem of a course and facility. I come here weekly to play or practice. Staff is the best!

Response from Mountain View Golf Course on 09/14/2017:

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a lovely five-star review! We're so grateful to have golfers like you and we look forward to your next round with us!

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/18/2017

Response from Mountain View Golf Course on 08/22/2017:

Thank you for the four stars! Please come and see us again soon!

"Top rated"

domenic1's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/14/2017
Previously played Walked Perfect weather Verified Purchaser

Always a great time at mountainview. Always look forward to playing here.

Response from Mountain View Golf Course on 08/17/2017:

And we enjoy having you! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a great review!

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/04/2017

Response from Mountain View Golf Course on 08/29/2017:

Thank you for the very helpful feedback!

"Great course"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/09/2017

Overall great course. The staff was accommodated us showing up a little early. They weren’t very pleasant though. The course was in perfect condition. Overall a great day. Pace of play slowed down a lot. There were times where 2 groups were waiting to tee off but other than that it was great.

Response from Mountain View Golf Course on 08/17/2017:

We're glad to hear that you enjoyed your round overall although we are sorry if you felt the staff wasn't as pleasant as they could have been. We hope you will return soon though for another great experience!

"Good course, friendly staff"

Chevvy579's avatar
Plays:  Once every three months

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/09/2017

First time playing here. Course was in great condition and staff was friendly. Good challenging course for a beginner to intermediate player. Would definitely play here again.

Response from Mountain View Golf Course on 07/17/2017:

Thank you for the great review! It's wonderful to hear that you enjoyed our course and staff and we look forward to your next round with us!

"Cart path only ?"

kevko05's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/07/2017

First of all this is the first time Ive played Mountain view in close to 50 years. As I kid I played here a lot and was really looking forward to returning. I was not disappointed.

The course is challenging the greens conditions etc. were close to perfect. The only problem was the amount of rain during the week which made the rough..rough!! Some places very high. And the greens were maybe a day or two overdue for cutting. Otherwise a great experience.

Here comes the bad part. There was heavy rain in the morning which stopped around noon. We had a 2 oclock tee time. Because of the morning rain management decided to enforce cart path only. What a joke? The fairways, rough and all were well drained and basically dry. Nowhere did we see any hint of wet conditions. I'm 63 years old and had to walk basically the entire course because of this nonsense directive. When I did get tired I did the 90 degree fairway thing and immediately drovet to the rough as soon as I could. The ranger saw this and reprimanded us not once..but twice ! Then said do it again we take the cart key. Besides the walking it really slowed down play and made the day an almost 5 1/2 hour round. Yawn !!!!

Use your heads Mountain View staff. You have a beautiful course....lets equip it with beautiful minds too !

Response from Mountain View Golf Course on 08/17/2017:

We're sorry to hear that you felt the cart path only conditions were unwarranted. We can assure you, it is always with the great course conditions in mind and we hope it won't deter you from play here again!

"Good Course, Bad Staff"

Michael6724273's avatar
Age:  Under 25

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/17/2017
Previously played Used cart Wet weather

I have played this course several times over the past few years and have enjoyed the course itself for what it is, an average public course. However, the staff seem to think they are Pebble Beach as they refused to wait for our last member of our group (who had a family emergency) for two minutes, even though the course was empty! We offered the group behind us to play ahead and we would go off after, but the starter's ego got in the way of that. The starter was extremely rude and pushy to both our group and the group behind us. He claimed that "they follow rules around here" even though he was wearing jean shorts and disrespecting his customers. The course itself is a decent track but not worth the trouble if we're treated like this again.

Response from Mountain View Golf Course on 06/22/2017:

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such valuable feedback. We're so sorry to hear that you felt the staff was being unreasonable and we're certainly going to look into this further. Thank you for bringing it to our attention and we hope you have a great day.

"A little tight"

Joe5387752's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/11/2017
First time playing Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

Greens were great....Fairways great. Rough was perfect. Played in 4 hours 15 min. Tee time was 7:40.

The only issue i has was that it was a little tight, meaning, some tee boxes were literally feet away from greens and the opening tee was right on a public street. We definitely liked the front more than the back. All in all, nice.

Response from Mountain View Golf Course on 06/13/2017:

Thank you so much for the great four-star review! We're thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our conditions and that pace of play was snappy! We appreciate your feedback on our layout and we hope to see you again soon!

"Fun and Challenging"

RMDunson's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/16/2017

I absolutely loved this course! It's a challenge but even a beginner golfer can have fun on this course. Green and Fairways will certainly make you think about your shot, but that's how you get better. The staff and Marshalls were very friendly!

The scenery was beautiful and even saw a group of deer peacefully eating. The fairways and greens were in excellent condition. I would certainly play there again when I'm visiting the area.

Response from Mountain View Golf Course on 06/05/2017:

Thank you so much for the excellent 5-star review! We're absolutely thrilled that you enjoyed your round with us and we're looking forward to your next visit!

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/28/2017

I received no assistance from the very rude staff. It took me asking another golfer to find the first tee box. There was no warning that the greens were airified so I was upset to see they were when I started playing. Surely wouldn't have paid full price for airified greens.

Response from Mountain View Golf Course on 06/01/2017:

We're so sorry to hear that you didn't receive assistance from our staff or aerification notices and we'll be looking into that. Thank you for the feedback!

"Mountain View"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/28/2017

Very nice course and pretty wide open. I am a 27 handicap and it just about the right challenge for me.

Response from Mountain View Golf Course on 06/01/2017:

Thank you so much for the kind words! We're so glad that our course met your skill level and provided a fun experience. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/16/2017

theoabt's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/23/2017

Response from Mountain View Golf Course on 04/02/2017:

Thank you for the 4 stars!

"Good course"

Brendan7189691's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/18/2017
First time playing Used cart Cold weather Verified Purchaser

Every hole is pretty straight yet I found alot of holes difficult because of the bunker locations. We went out in the morning when everything was frozen and ended the day in mush at 65 degrees but when can you expect for February golf. Overall I will be back

Response from Mountain View Golf Course on 04/02/2017:

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, Brendan! Yes, February golf conditoins can be hit or miss but we're glad that you overall enjoyed your round and we hope you'll be back to enjoy some beautiful Spring golf.

"Typical NJ course......"

ericgrafton's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/21/2017
First time playing Used cart Wet weather

What is it with NJ golf courses and the haughty attitude of some of their staff? They act as if they're doing you a favor by letting you play there. My experience has been, NJ courses are relatively boring, and often overpriced. (read further).

It's difficult to write anything other than average for this course. The conditions of the course were good considering it's January and raining. Pace of play was fine until I caught up with a group on 11, but that's on me (I was playing fast). The ranger was very nice, and accommodating. It's an open course with a lot of long straight shots......greens played surprisingly quick given length of grass and wet conditions. I'm sure it's a more scenic place with mid season greenery. For the most part, a decent place to play mid season for the right price.

Here's the rub.....

If you purchase a Hot Deal round through this place, expect to be treated poorly. I was greeted with a non smile "you arrived" attitude. Upon receiving my starter slip, I was told the cart needed to be returned by 4:30 (sunset). This was after i booked a full round for a 2:00 PM tee. When i asked if I was expected to play a full round in 2 1/2 hours, I was told, quote; "for what you paid, it's really like 9 holes anyway'. Wrong answer......what i paid for a round is irrelevant. Not to mention sunset was 5:07, not 4:30. If you need the carts back by a certain time, put the specific time on your listing. Ironically, I had no intention of playing a full round. Had they not said anything, they would've had the cart back after 9 holes, and I would've been happy. Golf courses pay Golf Now by providing a certain number of Hot Deals. That's the cost of doing business. The customer should be treated no differently. I can't tell you how many full price rounds i've booked/paid, based on an experience I had with a Hot Deal, there were many. But that will never happen here..... Certain staff here may not see the forest past the tree.

Response from Mountain View Golf Course on 02/08/2017:

We're very sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your interaction with our staff. It is never our intention to make our golfers feel snubbed or unwelcome. We will certainly look into this further and thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback.

"Mountain view golf course"

RAYMOND7557666's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/01/2017

The course is still in excellent shape this time of the year is rare even though the green is a little slower then during he summer time. Overall I still enjoyed the course

Response from Mountain View Golf Course on 01/09/2017:

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, Raymond! We're happy to hear that you enjoyed our conditions despite the chilly weather. We look forward to your next visit with us!