Quail Creek Golf Course

Dress code: Proper golf attire required.
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex, Discover Welcomed

Average Rating 2.6 stars from 5

Location is in the 'burbs convenient to the city worth the drive   Great for locals advanced golfers wildlife/ scenic views   Challenges include bunkers narrow fairways water hazards   Great for drinks 19th hole scenic views

"Great Value!"

TopHacker's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/06/2017
Used cart Perfect weather

We play this course several times throughout each year. The layout is interesting and fun, not overly challenging. The course is in good condition for this time of the year, although there are many dry areas on the course which is puzzling for the amount of rain the area has received. All in all a good value for the St. Louis area!

Response from Quail Creek Golf Club on 06/08/2017:

Hi TopHacker, we're happy to hear you enjoyed Quail Creek! Thanks for your feedback about the dry areas on the course. Our staff is currently working to improve these conditions. We're glad to hear you enjoyed the course layout and are looking forward to your next round with us. Thanks for playing!

"Great Round"

u610204106's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/05/2017
First time playing Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

It is amazing the shape this course is in for just being affected by the flood. The staff was friendly and even called the owner to see what it would cost me to play another 9 after I played 18. Some greens and tee boxes were a little beat up but understandable after the flood. I will go back and it was worth the money.

Response from Quail Creek on 06/07/2017:

Hi u610204106, we're happy to hear you enjoyed your round at Quail Creek! Thank you for your feedback about our course conditions and our staff. We hope to see you again soon!

davana20's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/04/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

The t boxes were in terrible shape , also many of the fairways hardly had any grass on them. sometimes hitting on dirt. this course has gone downhill badly. I will not return

Kmsyrd's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/02/2017

Response from Quail Creek on 06/05/2017:

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We're sorry to hear the course conditions weren't up to par during your round, but are glad that you enjoyed the pace of play and friendless of our staff. We hope to see you again soon.

"What Happened"

tgiljum's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/01/2017
Previously played Used cart Windy weather

As someone with a very intimate knowledge of this course, to say it has gone down hill is an understatement. 1) use your sprinklers...its a sitepro system and i know of its capabilities. 2) buy some sand, they are called SAND traps for a reason. 3) pre emergent is a beautiful thing when applied in spring. 4) water the greens when its hot, keeps those nasty hot spots off of them and doesnt turn the putting surface into a racetrack. 5) mulch is cheap, try spreading some and adding some aesthetics. 6) the folks in the pro shop could act like they like their job and actually show some enthusiasm! Course used to compete with tapawingo. Now closer to tower tee!

"Needs help"

Scott4972970's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/31/2017

I have always liked this layout, but this course needs help. The fairways are average at best, lots of thin/ tight spots. Greens rolled surprisingly well and that was the highlight. The bunkers were absolutely horrible......what sand was in them was tighly packed into a wet muddy, but firm mess. I realize they have had a fair amount of rain but it is obvious that the staff puts no work into the bunkers. A quick rake every morning would at least make them playable.

"Quail..."

mpatterson1's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/29/2017

Been playing Quail for years. Good layout. Convenient for me and decent deals. This last round was brutal. Extremely slow play. No Marshals on a holiday. Somehow they allowed a five some two groups in front of us. By the time we got to where we could see, the group of 5 was walking off of 16 green and the next group in front of them was putting the flag in on 18. That's a par 5 and par 4(18) that were completely open. Not a rep of the course anywhere to be found. I can understand slow play on Memmorial Day, but a five some?? 5 1/2 hour round... Somehow there are pretty much no yardage markers left throughout the course. Full disclosure, this is a pet peeve of mine. All we are asking for is a painted piece of cement.

Needless to say, terribly disappointed and will not pay $39 and change to play there again.

"Quail Creek"

uEHYQ2283EH's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/24/2017

Nice layout Green's decent Fairways Fair Bunker's unusable

Response from Quail Creek on 05/31/2017:

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We're sorry to hear the conditions of the bunkers weren't up to par. We are happy to hear you enjoyed the layout and the rest of the course's conditions. We hope to see you again soon!

"Course has improved"

rktmp2's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/17/2017

I have been playing Quail since its openings. It has gone downhill terrribly in the last 10 years or so, and while it is not in the condition it originally was in, it is greatly improved this year over the last few. Inside staff is very helpful.Only real negative is that they removed almost all of the yardage markers from the course. They took out stakes and bushes, and the road markings are completely faded.

Response from Quail Creek Golf Club on 05/19/2017:

Thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback. We're happy to hear our course conditions are noticeably improving and you had a good experience with our staff. We hope to see you again soon!

RobertStricklin's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/24/2017

Great layout. Early in season and greens and fairways need to fill in.

Response from Quail Creek on 05/03/2017:

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We hope you give us another chance when we get closer to spring and summer. Thanks for playing!

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/23/2017

Response from Quail Creek on 05/03/2017:

Thank you for the great review!

"Downhill"

stitesbradley's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/19/2017

From what I understand this used to be a premier track but it is far from that now. Was it worth the Hot Deal price? Maybe. Full price, never. Allen in the clubhouse was great! Friendly and helpful.

"Great staff"

Lana2127907's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/18/2017

This course is a little worn but excellent staff, good tee boxes. Fair teeboxes for women. Great convenient location. Would definitely return!

Response from Quail Creek on 04/25/2017:

Thanks for the great review! We're happy to hear you had a positive experience. We're looking forward to seeing you again!

"good day of golf"

Russ1482291's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/09/2017

The staff was very friendly and it was a perfect day. The course was a little rough but it is still early April so I hope it will shape up .It was cart path only but speed of play was not a problem. I will play again later in the spring and hope it has filled in better.

Response from Quail Creek on 04/12/2017:

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We're glad to hear you had a positive experience with our staff and that the weather was favorable during your round. We are working to improve the conditions of the course for the spring season and hope you give us another shot soon. Thanks for playing!

"Rough conditions"

bh091892's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/08/2017

This course is in horrible condition. The staff is upfront and honest about it during check-in. If you choose to play here, expect a long and frustrating day.

Response from Quail Creek on 04/12/2017:

Thanks for taking the time to review our course. We're sorry to hear the course conditions weren't up to par. Our staff is working daily to improve the conditions for the spring season. Thanks for playing Quail Creek and we hope you give us another shot in the future.

"Decent Place"

bnaile1s's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/07/2017
Previously played Used cart Windy weather

I went here on whim. They had a good hot now deal, and I had a Friday off and decided to come up and play. They course was not in the best shape as some of the fairways were absolute mud holes from the spring rains. They had some tee box issues as well (the grass was very spotty). The greens were decent and held the ball well. I played with 1 other guy, he was nice and we had a good time but the course overall could use a little TLC. I would come back but only because I got such a cheap rate with a cart. You cant hardly beat it for the price.

"Great Layout, very challenging"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/02/2017

I was extremely impressed with the course layout. I thought it was extremely clever and pretty difficult. You have to be accurate off the tee, if you're not it's likely a penalty stroke as many fairways are lined with trees or water. The greens have some nice slope as well, so putting was a challenge. I'm only in my second season of golf so I'm not a great golfer, so for me it was a challenge. I had a great deal from Golf Now so I played for $20 bucks, which is an incredible value. I wouldn't have been as happy if I paid $40 for the round. I was disappointed with the Tee boxes, the grass was terrible, they were messy and just didn't look good at all. The fairway grass was poor as well, but it's winter so i expected that. I was surprised to see the grass torn up on some greens. To really judge the course I'll need to come back in the summer. I think it's a great course design and one that all golfers in the area should at least check out. I'll be back to try to improve my score.

Response from Quail Creek on 04/11/2017:

Thank you for the review! We're so happy to hear you enjoyed the layout and challenge of the course. Although our course conditions weren't up to par, we hope to see you again during the summer once they've improved. Thanks for playing Quail Creek!

"Challenging Course"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/28/2017

I have played golf at Quail Creek GC a number of times due to its proximity to my home. It's a challenging course that rewards accuracy, as there is a lot of water, trees, creeks, hills, slopes and sand bunkers that reward strategic play (well placed drives and layups.)

Amenities: The course has a small driving range and a putting green for pre-round practice, but currently half of the putting green is out of commission. The course also has a nice clubhouse with excellent views, pro shop and indoor dining. The check-in progress was quick and friendly.

I played in late March, which isn't the best time to play here as the grass has not yet awoken from it's dormant state. The second problem is this course does not handle lots of rain very well, and the course was saturated, leading to cart paths only, little roll in the fairways and mandatory clean & place. Normally I would not have played there after that much rain, but with golf now non-refundable deals, I had to play. That said, I look forward to returning this summer once the fairways green up and thicken up.

Response from Quail Creek on 04/06/2017:

Thanks for taking the time to review our course. We're happy to see you enjoyed the course layout and our amenities. We appreciate the feedback about our course conditions and look forward to seeing you again in the summer!

kcr2424's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/26/2017
Previously played Used cart Wet weather Verified Purchaser

Response from Quail Creek on 04/05/2017:

Thank you for taking the time to review our course. We apologize the course conditions did not meet expectations. We are glad to hear you enjoyed our course layout and that our staff was friendly. We hope you give us another shot in the future. Thanks for playing Quail Creek!

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/09/2017