Quail Creek Golf Course

Dress code: Proper golf attire required.
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex, Discover Welcomed

Location is in the 'burbs convenient to the city worth the drive   Great for locals advanced golfers wildlife/ scenic views   Challenges include bunkers narrow fairways water hazards   Great for drinks 19th hole scenic views

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/14/2017

Response from Quail Creek Golf Club on 11/17/2017:

Thanks for the review. We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again for another round soon.

jimclubb's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/05/2017

Fairways looked like they died this summer some of the tee boxes were dead too greens were just ok. There are plenty of $25 courses around st louis in better shape.

Response from Quail Creek Golf Club on 11/09/2017:

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review, jimclubb. We appreciate your feedback about our course conditions and have forwarded your comments over to our management staff. We hope you consider giving us another shot in the future. Thanks for playing Quail Creek!

"This Quail has lost some feathers"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/03/2017

I used to play Quail quite a bit after it first opened. I have continued to support and play the course because I like the layout. However, everyone knows the course condition has deteriorated to a level which almost makes it unplayable if you play it down. I can detect that work is being done to improve the course. The most significant issue is the fairways which unfortunately have no base and become hard pan. Perhaps it’s been a pour growing season but this has been the case for many years. I do hope they turn it around because the course could be an asset to the south county golfing community. I will continue to play as long as the value is reasonable.

Response from Quail Creek Golf Club on 11/08/2017:

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate your patience as our staff works to bring the conditions back up to par. We hope you consider giving us another shot in the future. Thanks for playing Quail Creek Golf Club.

"Late season golf"

sdrass's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/26/2017

Perfect late October golf day, 76 degrees and blue sky. The zoysia grass fairways were still green (but not for long as freezing weather is forecast tonight) and the greens were great. The bunkers were all nicely raked and the fairways mowed. This course is a really nice tract. I always enjoy playing here and the price is right

Response from Quail Creek Golf Course on 10/30/2017:

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate your feedback and are glad to hear you enjoyed your round. We hope to see you again for another round soon.

"HUGE IMPROVEMENTS"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/13/2017

This course is always been nice to play but the improvements that have been made this year with the removal of trees and widening the fairways has really made this course attractive for those of us who rarely hit one down the middle, well done management your hard work is paying off !

Response from Quail Creek Golf Club on 10/16/2017:

Thanks for the kind words and great review! We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again for another round soon.

"good value"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/08/2017

I like the layout- - fairways and tee boxes could use more water - but price is a good value

Response from Quail Creek Golf Club on 10/12/2017:

We appreciate your feedback and kind words about our layout. We hope to see you again soon for another round! Thanks for playing Quail Creek.

"Greens made it not enjoyable"

DHarness's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/08/2017

Sometimes my dad refers to a golf course as a dog track. This is not one, but without some effort it may get the honor someday. First and foremost, the greens make a course. On the weekend--- I expect to arrive and pay, tee it up- hit a drive, an iron, and a hopeful birdie try that has at least a chance. Not cleaning off the leaves and sticks from the previous nights rain. Today, the greens were not touched from the previous day which does not make the 4 hr round with your dad and buddy enjoyable. Maybe from the ghost town in the parking lot should send a message to get the course to get it ready for weekend playing condition (or the rumors about it's condition are true) 82 degree October Sundays don't come around too often. Called the clubhouse and it seemed like the club house has their way, and the greens/superintendent have their way of doing things, separately . "I'm not a greens keeper and don't tell them how to do their job." Don't need to tell them how to, but just to do it. Said they were understaffed. Next time I'll call to check if they cut the greens in the AM like all the other courses in STL.

Response from Quail Creek Golf Club on 10/12/2017:

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate you feedback about our course conditions and have informed our staff of your recommendations. We hope you consider giving us another shot in the future. Thanks for playing Quail Creek.

"Will play again."

rcshuc's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/01/2017

Played from the white tees (~6000 yards) and it had plenty of challenge from this distance. Don't let the first hole fool you for what you are in for. Had a great time with near perfect weather and will play again.

Response from Quail Creek Golf Club on 10/10/2017:

Thanks for the great review! We're glad to hear you had an enjoyable round and hope to see you again soon.

"not for a while"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/30/2017

Course conditions have gotten too dry to play a fun round of golf. Stl is suffering a drought and this course is showing the signs of it. Won't play till we get more rain in area or will wait till next year to go back.

Response from Quail Creek Golf Club on 10/02/2017:

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We're sorry to hear the course conditions weren't up to par during your round, but hope you consider giving us another shot in the future. Thanks for playing!

"Could be a very good course"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/16/2017

Front nine and back nine greens were like they were from two different courses. Back nine greens were very good, front greens I needed an extra club on long putts. We booked the night before on GolfNow and this was the one with the most tee times available. I told my playing partners that the course might be in such poor condition that it might just be a challenging round of golf. That was perfectly true. The fairways were so dried out that, because they are slighty sloped, you could not keep your ball in the fairway. It would simply run out off the fairway into the junk. Many holes with character and it could easily be 4 star course if taken better care of. We had fun though and I would recommend it as a last resort. If we didn't play golf, we would've had to go shopping with the girls so we played this place.

"Dry, hard, terrible grass"

Klundstrom93's avatar
Age:  Under 25

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/16/2017
First time playing Used cart Hot weather

That's the thing that is most memorable about my trip to Quail Creek Golf Club today. It's very clear that the staff puts little to no effort into maintaining their grass here whatsoever. The sprinkler system they have clearly does not work and needs replacing, as we would occasionally find small patches of healthy grass in a 1ft radius around a sprinkler. The greens had divots and complete chunks missing out of them on most of the front 9. There was 2 water coolers on the entire front 9 and one of them was empty at noon on a 90 degree day, showing the staff here clearly does not care about the golfers enough to even bother refilling water. Best of all, you get to enjoy all of this fantastic golfing experience for a whopping $34/9 holes or the steal bargain deal $42/18. This place isn't even worth $5, I will NEVER be returning to this golf course and recommend everyone stay as far away from it as possible.

Course Layout: Poor

"Not bad"

twsonn's avatar
Plays:  Once every three months

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/14/2017

Course is decent . Some patches need repair. But overall a good course

Response from Quail Creek on 09/18/2017:

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate the feedback and hope to see you again soon for another round. Thanks for playing!

"Soco delight"

K3910052's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/08/2017

This track has great potential, layout is awesome, fairways and rough has a few patches but overall in good condition considering....However, greens need some TLC, from both the golfers & the grounds keepers. I would definitely come back to play! Just don't raise the fees!!! Wouldn't pay anymore than $25 to play this course in the "CONDITIONS" its in right now...

Response from Quail Creek Golf Club on 09/14/2017:

Thanks for the review! We're looking forward to your next round with us.

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/02/2017

Response from Quail Creek Golf Club on 09/09/2017:

Thanks for the 4-star review! We hope to see you again soon.

"Good shape"

dmhogan's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/27/2017

Historically, this has been one of the better courses in the St. Louis area. It went through several years where the condition dropped off. It seems to be coming back as the course was in pretty good shape.

Response from Quail Creek Golf Club on 08/30/2017:

Hi dmhogan, thanks for the great review! We appreciate the feedback about our course conditions and hope to see you again soon. Thanks for giving us a shot!

"Give It Another Chance"

dlrompf's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/20/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather

I think the reason people give Quail such a hard time nowadays is because it used to be a premier course in the area. With that being said, the conditions aren't perfect but are improving. Back in 2015, the course had made drastic improvements and the greens were some of the best in the area. After recent flooding the course has been hit hard. After playing the course last weekend you can see it starting to come back. The greens were in good shape and the bunkers are improving. A few fairways have seen better days but overall weren't terrible. If Quail was charging $70 a round on the weekend like Annbriar and Gateway I would say no way. However, for $38 this place is a great value right now with the conditions of the course. I will be back sometime soon.

jschlink's avatar
Plays:  Once every three months

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/20/2017

Response from Quail Creek Golf Club on 08/22/2017:

Thanks for the kind words, jschlink!

"Nice greens"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/19/2017

The greens have been maintained well. Hot summers in prior years damaged the greens by this time of year. Overall the course conditions were better than in prior years in August. I enjoyed my round and will continue to play there.

Response from Quail Creek Golf Club on 08/22/2017:

Hi u000001493527, we appreciate your review. Thank you for the comments about our improving conditions. We hope to see you again soon. Thanks for playing!

"Quail Creek was the top public course around 1990."

drewsantee's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/07/2017

Quail Creek was the top public course around 1990. The layout is fantastic. Like many public courses, the greens fees are very attractive, but this doesn't allow them to invest in their course. The greens are watered and green. The rest of the course was very dry.

This was the first time I played the course in more than 25 years.

Either way, for $25 it was a fair price for the course.

Response from Quail Creek Golf Club on 08/22/2017:

Hi drewsantee, thanks for your review. We're sorry the conditions of the fairways and tee boxes weren't up to par during your round, but are glad to hear you found value in the price of your round. We hope you consider another round with us soon. Thanks for playing!

"Course conditions"

retiredplayer's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/04/2017

Having played this course last year an again this year I think the conditions have improved considerably . The greens are in far better condition this year over last year at this time of year.

Response from Quail Creek Golf Club on 08/22/2017:

Hi retiredplayer, thanks for leaving your feedback about your round. We appreciate your comments about our improving conditions and hope to see you again sometime in the near future. Thanks for playing!