Quail Creek Golf Course

• 6022 Wells Rd, Saint Louis, Missouri 63128, Saint Louis County
  • (314) 487-1988
  • www.quailcreekgolfclub.com

Year built: 1985
Architect(s): Hale Irwin (1985), Gary Kern (1985)
Type: Public
Greens: Bent Grass
Fairways: Bermuda Grass

Dress code: Proper golf attire required.
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex, Discover Welcomed

Tees | Layout

Average Rating 2.6 stars from 5

Location is in the 'burbs convenient to the city worth the drive   Great for locals advanced golfers wildlife/ scenic views   Challenges include bunkers narrow fairways water hazards   Great for drinks

RobertStricklin's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/24/2017

Great layout. Early in season and greens and fairways need to fill in.

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/23/2017

"Downhill"

stitesbradley's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/19/2017

From what I understand this used to be a premier track but it is far from that now. Was it worth the Hot Deal price? Maybe. Full price, never. Allen in the clubhouse was great! Friendly and helpful.

"Great staff"

Lana2127907's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/18/2017

This course is a little worn but excellent staff, good tee boxes. Fair teeboxes for women. Great convenient location. Would definitely return!

Response from Quail Creek on 04/25/2017:

Thanks for the great review! We're happy to hear you had a positive experience. We're looking forward to seeing you again!

"good day of golf"

Russ1482291's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/09/2017

The staff was very friendly and it was a perfect day. The course was a little rough but it is still early April so I hope it will shape up .It was cart path only but speed of play was not a problem. I will play again later in the spring and hope it has filled in better.

Response from Quail Creek on 04/12/2017:

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We're glad to hear you had a positive experience with our staff and that the weather was favorable during your round. We are working to improve the conditions of the course for the spring season and hope you give us another shot soon. Thanks for playing!

"Rough conditions"

bh091892's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/08/2017

This course is in horrible condition. The staff is upfront and honest about it during check-in. If you choose to play here, expect a long and frustrating day.

Response from Quail Creek on 04/12/2017:

Thanks for taking the time to review our course. We're sorry to hear the course conditions weren't up to par. Our staff is working daily to improve the conditions for the spring season. Thanks for playing Quail Creek and we hope you give us another shot in the future.

"Great Layout, very challenging"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/02/2017

I was extremely impressed with the course layout. I thought it was extremely clever and pretty difficult. You have to be accurate off the tee, if you're not it's likely a penalty stroke as many fairways are lined with trees or water. The greens have some nice slope as well, so putting was a challenge. I'm only in my second season of golf so I'm not a great golfer, so for me it was a challenge. I had a great deal from Golf Now so I played for $20 bucks, which is an incredible value. I wouldn't have been as happy if I paid $40 for the round. I was disappointed with the Tee boxes, the grass was terrible, they were messy and just didn't look good at all. The fairway grass was poor as well, but it's winter so i expected that. I was surprised to see the grass torn up on some greens. To really judge the course I'll need to come back in the summer. I think it's a great course design and one that all golfers in the area should at least check out. I'll be back to try to improve my score.

Response from Quail Creek on 04/11/2017:

Thank you for the review! We're so happy to hear you enjoyed the layout and challenge of the course. Although our course conditions weren't up to par, we hope to see you again during the summer once they've improved. Thanks for playing Quail Creek!

"Challenging Course"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/28/2017

I have played golf at Quail Creek GC a number of times due to its proximity to my home. It's a challenging course that rewards accuracy, as there is a lot of water, trees, creeks, hills, slopes and sand bunkers that reward strategic play (well placed drives and layups.)

Amenities: The course has a small driving range and a putting green for pre-round practice, but currently half of the putting green is out of commission. The course also has a nice clubhouse with excellent views, pro shop and indoor dining. The check-in progress was quick and friendly.

I played in late March, which isn't the best time to play here as the grass has not yet awoken from it's dormant state. The second problem is this course does not handle lots of rain very well, and the course was saturated, leading to cart paths only, little roll in the fairways and mandatory clean & place. Normally I would not have played there after that much rain, but with golf now non-refundable deals, I had to play. That said, I look forward to returning this summer once the fairways green up and thicken up.

Response from Quail Creek on 04/06/2017:

Thanks for taking the time to review our course. We're happy to see you enjoyed the course layout and our amenities. We appreciate the feedback about our course conditions and look forward to seeing you again in the summer!

kcr2424's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/26/2017
Previously played Used cart Wet weather Verified Purchaser

Response from Quail Creek on 04/05/2017:

Thank you for taking the time to review our course. We apologize the course conditions did not meet expectations. We are glad to hear you enjoyed our course layout and that our staff was friendly. We hope you give us another shot in the future. Thanks for playing Quail Creek!

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/09/2017

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/04/2017

The course still needs a lot of work. It's going in the right direction though.

Response from Quail Creek on 03/06/2017:

Thanks for your feedback. Please come back and play again soon!

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/19/2017

Response from Quail Creek on 02/21/2017:

Thanks for leaving your feedback with us. We hope to see you back at the course soon!

"Over priced for February and conditions"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/18/2017

Quail Creek is as good of a laid out course in the Saint Louis area I have found. I am glad to see that they are cutting trees and making an effort to improve the course this winter. With the huge dead spots on nearly every green and the poor shape the tees are in, they have their work cut out for them. Hopefully Quail becomes more competitive in price and quality of course soon. This course has enormous potential and I hope their efforts to fix it go well.

Response from Quail Creek on 02/21/2017:

Thanks for your feedback. We're always striving to improve our course conditions and your review helps us do so. Thanks for playing and we hope to see you back soon!

"Bad"

tsmjason's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/06/2017
Previously played Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

Haven't played there in several years even those it is the closest course to my home.(7 miles) Remember why, cart path only,(little rain in 2 weeks) the greens were horrible(had a mild weather). The only improvement I noted was the staff was friendly, they once had nothing but grumpy old men and I'm 68.

Response from Quail Creek on 02/10/2017:

We're sorry to hear that you didn't have a good experience during your recent visit. We are always working to improve the experience for our golfers and we appreciate your feedback. We hope you'll give us another shot soon!

"Still lost for a direction"

elam1020's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/27/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes

I have been writing bad reviews on this course for some time now due to the available resources it has, and the unbelievable choices it makes in doing anything that would possibly really make an improvement. So let me begin, the course continues to fall into disrepair in its 5th or 6th year with this new group, it looked positive for a while but in the last 3-4 years has nose dived as the worst of what could be the best. The lack of effort to turn the course around is evident, and obvious. After having this amount of time with a super, you should figure out how to grow grass and get rid of weeds. The course has been with out a full putting green for at least 3 years and the one they started three years ago is still not even half way finished. Could it be the weather, bad seed, too much sun? No, lets just chalk it up to mis-management and ignorance. At this point I can only hope St. Louis county has a short term lease so someone with some knowledge of basics standards of the business steps in and turns the ship around. You see the responses from the course about thanks for you response, and try us again, but that is the same stuff they said two years ago and last year. The county needs to look at the product they are giving the residents and not be such a hands off entity, they could change the whole thing if they really wanted to. Think I need to start writing the parks and county to see some changes that really need to happen.

"Greens are in terrible shape"

Baileytova's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/22/2016

Very nice layout could be a great course but greens are absolutely unplayable. Of all the courses we've played over the years never seen this many greens in such poor condition.

Response from Quail Creek on 11/28/2016:

We're sorry your round wasn't up to par. Thanks for sharing your experience with us.

"After the Deluge"

mriemer01's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/03/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Average weather Verified Purchaser

Course was a little soggy since it had rained 3" the night before so played really long. The Bermuda is not my favorite playing surface, but it has grown in pretty well. I imagine it will be brown shortly. Over all I enjoyed my round.

Response from Quail Creek on 11/07/2016:

Thanks for your review! We're happy that you had a great round despite some wet conditions. Please come back and see us again soon!

"The course was in good shape and fair for all golfers"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/05/2016

I would definitely recommend this course to a friend. Well worth 30$ on golf now! Will be back soon

"Almost FUBAR"

uMDYZ5260MD's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/24/2016

I grew up playing this course in high school and college. It was always in great condition then. Fast forward to today. And before I begin, the staff is doing a great job on customer service, but they are trying to squeeze every golfer out there possible at the detriment to pace and course quality.

Fairways are long, slow, and lots of crabgrass is invading.

Greens - never before have I had to adjust my speed based on how much grass vs. dirt is in my line. Huge spots of dirt, barely any areas of good solid green bigger than a 6 foot diameter. Just very, very bad.

Quail Creek - make an investment. Stop piling people out there adding traffic. Keep the traffic down. Don't let people play music loudly. It's becoming a complete dump out there. Seriously.

We paid 27 each and I feel it was at least 7 dollars too much.

Commented on 09/28/2016

Thank you for your review and feedback. We're sorry that you didn't have the best experience and that you felt like you overpaid for what you got. We're working hard on getting our course back to optimal standards and your input helps us. Thanks for playing and we hope to see you again soon!

"Quail Creek 9-14-16"

Bobp1's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/14/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

Fairways and tees were in great shape for the most part, but about half the greens had some large bad spots and a couple of the "sand" traps were really just raked dirt

Commented on 09/28/2016

Thanks for your review! Happy that you had a good time! Come back and play again soon!