This week's top-rated course on Golf Advisor comes from the metro Atlanta area. Eagle's Brook Country Club, a semi-private course in Locust Grove, Ga., just south of the city, was the best course of the week, according to reviewers.
The course, which opened in 2006, has trended upwards in the past year on Golf Advisor. While its all-time score has nearly twice as many 4-star reviews (99) as 5-star (53), the past year are neck-and-neck with 20 a piece.
The course sports a championship yardage of 7,400 yards to go along with bent grass greens. A few reviewers recommend bringing extra balls, but still give the experience five stars.
The rest of the top ten features courses from Florida to California, while an Ontario, Canada course is still holding on to great ratings as we head into October.
Top 10 overall courses of the week
1. Eagles Brooke Country Club, Locust Grove, Ga.
2. Palm Beach Par 3 Golf Course, Palm Beach, Fla.
3. The Trophy Club, Lebanon, Ind.
4. Old Corkscrew Golf Club, Estero, Fla.
5. Grand Niagara Golf Club, Niagara Falls, Ont.
6. Legend Trail Golf Club, Scottsdale, Ariz.
7. The Classic Club, Palm Desert, Calif.
8. Bonita National Golf & Country Club, Bonita Springs, Fla.
9. Hidden Valley Golf Club, Norco, Calif.
10. Wolf Course at Las Vegas Paiute Golf Resort, Las Vegas
Most active courses of the week
1. Celebration Golf Club, Celebration, Fla.
2. McCormick Ranch Golf Club, Scottsdale, Ariz.
Panther Lake at Orange County National, Winter Garden, Fla.
Bay Harbor Golf Club, Bay Harbor, Mich.
5. Ocotillo Golf Resort, Chandler, Ariz.
6. Tahquitz Creek Golf Resort
7. Shingle Creek Golf Club, Orlando, Fla.
8. The Golf Club at Dove Mountain, Marana, Ariz.
9. Mystic Dunes Golf Club, Celebration, Fla.
10. North at Indian Canyons Golf Resort, Palm Springs, Calif.