It's a buyers market in the American destination golf scene, and the wealth of competition has led to significant upgrades and improvements on Hilton Head Island.
That is certainly true at RBC Heritage host Sea Pines Resort, home to Harbour Town Golf Links, which opened a brand new clubhouse and was entirely re-grassed in 2015 and is one of many of the ongoing upgrades at the island's iconic resort.
That's not the only place to play on this golf-rich island however. Palmetto Dunes Resort is another 54-hole resort worth staying at, while there are other daily-fee and semi-private facilities worth playing as well.
I detail a collection of the best places to play in this Morning Drive segment with Lauren Thompson.
Where to stay and play on Hilton Head Island
Recommended Hilton Head-area golf courses:
• Harbour Town Golf Links at Sea Pines Resort
• Heron Point at Sea Pines Resort
• Ocean Course at Sea Pines Resort
• Robert Trent Jones Course at Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort
• George Fazio Course at Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort
• Arthur Hills Course at Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort
• May River Golf Club At Palmetto Bluff
• Hilton Head National
• Eagle's Pointe Golf Club
• Club at Savannah Harbor, Savannah, Ga.