It's a buyers market in the American destination golf scene, and the wealth of competition has led to significant upgrades and improvements on Hilton Head Island .
That is certainly true at RBC Heritage host Sea Pines Resort, home to Harbour Town Golf Links , which opened a brand new clubhouse and was entirely re-grassed in 2015 and is one of many of the ongoing upgrades at the island's iconic resort.
That's not the only place to play on this golf-rich island however. Palmetto Dunes Resort is another 54-hole resort worth staying at, while there are other daily-fee and semi-private facilities worth playing as well.
I detail a collection of the best places to play in this Morning Drive segment with Lauren Thompson .
Where to stay and play on Hilton Head Island
Recommended Hilton Head-area golf courses:
Harbour Town Golf Links at Sea Pines Resort
• Heron Point at Sea Pines Resort
• Ocean Course at Sea Pines Resort
• Robert Trent Jones Course at Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort
• George Fazio Course at Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort
• Arthur Hills Course at Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort
• May River Golf Club At Palmetto Bluff
• Hilton Head National
• Eagle's Pointe Golf Club
• Club at Savannah Harbor , Savannah, Ga.