It's a big year for the Pacific Northwest: The 2015 U.S. Open comes to Washington and the Seattle-Tacoma area for the first time in June.
But golfers from Seattle to Spokane have all sorts of gorgeous (and, dare we say, humidity-free) golf courses to enjoy. There are some fantastic munis as well as lesser known and affordable resort courses that score highly in golfer reviews.
We found the top 10 courses in Washington state by Golf Advisor raters. Checking in at no. 1 is Loomis Trail Golf Club in Blaine, a resort located way up north, close to the Canada border on the Semiahmoo Bay. (It's sister course, by the way, Semiahmoo Golf Course , had strong reviews in 2014 as well, but fell just short in number of reviews to qualify).
The rest of the Top 10 includes a little bit of everything, from one of the state's newest courses to exemplary munis.
Top 10 courses in Washington in 2014
Loomis Trail Golf Club
2. Prospector at Suncadia Resort , Cle Elum
3. Olympic Course at Gold Mountain Golf Club , Bremerton
4. White Horse Golf Club , Kingston
5. Elk Ridge Golf Course , Carson
6. Apple Tree Golf Course , Yakima
7. Alderbrook Golf Club , Union
8. Cascade Course at Gold Mountain Golf Club , Bremerton
9. The Home Course , Dupont
10. Salish Cliffs Golf Club , Shelton
Minimum 20 reviews needed in 2014 to qualify.