Tennessee has a golf scene that doesn't make it onto the national scene very often.
Not that they are complaining. The best courses in the Volunteer State, from Nashville to Memphis and deep into the Smoky Mountains, are often a great value and come with some great mountain scenery.
In 2014, the state's top-rated course was in Dickson, located west of Nashville. This semi-private course, designed by Hale Irwin, can usually be played for less than $50, but still leaves a lot of golfers happy enough to leave strong ratings on Golf Advisor.
"This is a fantastic golf course in the Tennessee hills," wrote Ross3102118 after his August round. "Get ready for a lot of elevation change. The course conditions were great, bent greens are awesome."
Here's the rest of the top 10 in Tennessee as rated by Golf Advisor golfers in 2014.
Top 10 courses in Tennessee on GolfAdvisor in 2014
1. GreyStone Golf Club, Dickson
2. RedTail Mountain Golf Club, Mountain City
3. Saddle Creek Golf Club, Lewisburg
4. WindRiver Golf Course, Lenoir City
5. Lake Tansi Village Country Club, Crossville
6. Highlands Course at Sevierville Golf Club, Sevierville
7. Patriot Hills Golf Club, Jefferson City
8. RiverWatch Golf Club, Sparta
9. River Course at Sevierville Golf Club, Sevierville
10. River Islands Golf Club, Kodak
Minimum of 20 reviews needed to qualify.