Articles, photo galleries, course reviews and trip tips for this location.
Located seven miles away from St. Andrews along the coast is Kingsbarns Golf Links, a 21st-century links design near golf's sacred ground. The village of Kingsbarns had a golf club for a long while dating back to the early 19th century, but golfers deserted the club around the time of World War II and the land lay empty for many years. The new Kingsbarns Golf Links debuted in 2000 and became the area's new must-play in a land of old links.
Throughout the years, the Old Course has seen its share of additions and modifications, but its soul remains that which was plotted by "Mother Nature," considered the official designer. Old Tom Morris and Alister Mackenzie have also added some things over the years, and the course now stretches over 7,000 yards for the Open. For the daily player, it's still one of a kind.
The Jubilee Course in St. Andrews is one of seven courses operated by the St. Andrews Links Trust. Located in the heart of town and playing beside West Sands Beach and the River Eden, the Jubilee dates back to 1897. It originally opened as a 12-hole course but reopened in 1989 as a championship layout designed by Donald Steel.
It may be blasphemy to some, but there are golfers who would play Kingsbarns Golf Links over the Old Course in ST. Andrews every day of the week. This magical, marvelous, magnificent bucket-list links by Kyle Phillips is that spectacular.