Reedy Creek Golf Course

Year Built 1988
Golf Season In Season: Apr 1st - Oct 31st. Off Season: Nov 1st - Mar 31st.
Architect Gene Hamm

Snacks, Grill, Catering

Clubhouse

• Golf Advisor: Top 25 Most Improved U.S. Golf Courses (2015 #7)

Great course and keeps getting better!

The Staff does a wonderful job maintaining this course year after year! I have been golfing at Reedy Creek since 1990 and it is a diamond in the rough! It is a very challenging course but doesn't beat you to death!
Keep up the good work guys and God bless!

Reedy Creek

Fun course, but pace of play made the round unplayable. Had to quit at 12th hole, was about 30 minutes per hole. Ranger did nothing to speed play.

Back After Several Year Absence

Haven't played Reedy Creek in several years, but I will be back again soon. Went on a Saturday afternoon and the place was packed. We had a 2:00 PM tee time but didn't get out until 2:20. Pace of play on the front 9 was terrible slow. Much better on the back. It appears that several groups were sent off the back earlier in the day. When I go back, I will try to play midweek.

The course was in very good shape. The greens were in excellent shape, probably the best that I've seen in the area all summer. Fairways were also in good shape, even with all of the rain that we have had.

Looking forward to trying this course again.

Commented on 09/21/2020

Hi sgpoirier. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Reedy Creek Golf Course.

Good course but unusual circumstances

We had a foursome which normally plays 4 hour rounds. We had an extremely slow foursome in front of us and a twosome behind us. Even if we had a slow hole, would still have to wait at the next tee. The twosome behind us hit into us a couple times and was way too close most of the time. You shouldn’t let a twosome on the course on a Saturday morning. The round took 4:45.

Commented on 09/18/2020

Hi scottyfo. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Reedy Creek Golf Course.

Awful just awful... don’t believe the rating

This course is junk. The greens run about a 6. They had crabgrass on the greens. Their website lists that the practice area is maintained as well as the course, well the janky driving range hitting area isn’t anywhere near level nor maintained. It is like hitting from a drainage ditch. Then the practice range is just a bunch of flags in the ground, no greens. The course layout is odd, the property is great. They have a great property to work from but the course is terrible. Terrible shape, terrible architect design. People have told me this is the course to play... OMG ... quit golf if this is the course to play.

Commented on 09/09/2020

We're sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your experience with us. Our conditions are currently very good for late summer but we appreciate the feedback nonetheless.

OK Country Track

Not sure what's with all the five star reviews. This is a nice and simple country layout without a whole lot of hazards. Greens rolled true but were pretty slow. Fairways in good shape. Not knocking the course but there's several others nearby that have livelier layouts for the same price. Definitely play from the blue tees on this one; the whites are on the short side.

Commented on 09/09/2020

Hi snakdad. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Reedy Creek Golf Course.

Reedy Creek

The course was in nice shape. It is a very nice course with some challenging holes. Reminded us of an Upstate NY course we all belonged to before moving to NC. Not a lot of trouble except for the jokes with water. Not too long especially for the ladies plying the red tees. We all decided we would come back. I thought it was just a little pricey, but it was a holiday Sunday and very busy!

Commented on 09/09/2020

Thank you for taking the time to review us letzgolf. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Reedy Creek Golf Course thanks you!

Commented on 09/09/2020

Hi u314160156177. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Reedy Creek Golf Course.

Staff super friendly

I would recommend this course to anyone! Staff was amazing and made this trip memorable!

Commented on 09/04/2020

Thank you for taking the time to review us u000004791737. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Reedy Creek Golf Course thanks you!

Love This Course

Reedy Creek is a great layout, well-maintained, and a great value. Staff is friendly and helpful. I’m a senior golfer, and while I enjoy a good challenge, I don’t feel overwhelmed by a course that is simply too difficult!

Commented on 09/04/2020

Your feedback is important to us, u9587631. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing Reedy Creek Golf Course.

Commented on 09/09/2020

Hi u314160695518. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Reedy Creek Golf Course.

Diamond in the Rough

Course was pretty busy but pace of play wasn’t slow enough to be an issue. Layout/ Design was challenging playing from the tips, however could still leave the driver at home and score well. Not sure if they just had a tournament recently or the grounds keep had a bad day yesterday but pin position 3 was TOUGH. Greens rolled very well. No forgiveness for those who spray off the tee. Very enjoyable overall.

Commented on 08/25/2020

Hi Cam1072456. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Reedy Creek Golf Course.

Commented on 08/28/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, u314159902042! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Reedy Creek Golf Course!

Unprofessional management of otherwise fine course.

I am not returning to Reedy Creek again, and unfortunately, it's not due to the course. The actual course conditions were fine, and I enjoyed playing. The problem was my round took over 6 hours - more than 2 hours longer than usual. We (me and my 3 playing partners) were stuck behind two foursomes that apparently were one big group. We had to wait over 10 minutes at every tee box. It was extremely frustrating. My group called the pro shop twice to speak to the anyone who could help us. We spoke to a very rude lady, and then the manager,, who claimed he would send a ranger out to help fix the situation. But, we never once saw a ranger, and the pace of play never improved.

After we finished the marathon round, my group spoke to the manager who not only was unapologetic, but he acted extremely defensive, claiming that "he did all that he could do."

It was very disappointing to have an otherwise fine golf course spoiled by such unprofessional course (mis)management.

We will not be returning, and I strongly suggest those who are considering Reedy Creek to look elsewhere.

Commented on 08/31/2020

We're sorry to hear about your experience at Reedy Creek. After checking with the staff, it seems your round took roughly 4 hours and 45 minutes, which is slightly longer than our 4 hours and 30 minute average. However on crowded Saturdays, it is sometimes unavoidable. We appreciate your feedback and we hope you might give us another shot in the future.

Plush

The course was in great condition and I would like to call it plush. Greens were soft and sand in bunkers was even better than expected. One of the best older country tracks around. Worth the trip and close to best BBQ in 50 miles. Red neck barbecue lab.

Commented on 08/21/2020

u000005197890, thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Reedy Creek Golf Course.

Commented on 08/17/2020

Hello, u000001102386. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Course was in great condition and although some previous reviews complained about pace of play our 3 some made it around in just over 3hrs and 20 min

Commented on 08/17/2020

u314160598534, thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Reedy Creek Golf Course.

Great golf

The course is in great shape right now. Fairways and greens are in the best shape I have ever played on.

Commented on 08/17/2020

Wow, we are so happy you enjoyed your round, RGD4499D2D127CB82EE! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Great Course/Very Popular

Reedy Creed is amazing course the staff are 5 Stars and layout is great the greens were top shelf. Only negative is this course has everything that so many Golfers play it so the pace of play was the worst. Our round took 4 hours and 45 minutes.

Commented on 08/10/2020

Hi u848550078. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Reedy Creek Golf Course.

Started off great, then...

I've played this course several times in the past, and have always enjoyed the round. Our foursome played the front 9 in 90 minutes, and the course was in great shape. And then we made the turn. It seems that the ranger never made it to the back, as there were 2 full foursomes waiting to tee off on hole 10, and a threesome playing 10. After about a 20 minute wait, we were able to play hole 10, and every hole afterwards had a similar wait. Holes 10-15 took a little over 2 hours to play. I don't know what caused such a massive back up, but there was never a ranger around, and we ended up getting rained out during hole 17. The round started great, and finished in nothing but disappointment.

Commented on 08/10/2020

Thank you for the great feedback and four stars. We'll pass along your feedback to our team regarding the slow play issue.

Smithfield, North Carolina