Type Military

Year Built 1959

Bar, Snacks, Grill

Clubhouse

Not a a bad Air Force course, played better

Being an AF retiree I have played tons of military courses, some great, some not so much. This one is barely down the center. I drove down from Raleigh while the wife was on a business trip to try Seymour out.

I found the staff very very friendly, Ron checked me in and I got the feeling that he appreciated me driving down, he even gave me a logo ball on the house. He gave me some helpful hints about the course, which came in very handy.

I found the course to be fun and challenging, u have to hit the fairways here or u will be lucky to break 90 (coming from a 12 handicapper. I found the greens to be in good shape and roll fairly fast.

The course could use some work, I found a lot of bare fairway sandy patches. I found the white tees are a tad long for an old 64 year old like myself so I just moved down to the golds when I felt like it. They could use another set of tee boxes between the white and gold.

F 16's will be flying right over your head the entire round so get used to the sounds of freedom! I was really surprised that they had no drinking water in the coolers as it was 80 degrees the day I played, I asked about this and was told that management had not got around to filling the coolers yet.
I found it weird that the driving range is snack in the middle of the back 9 so u gotta walk or ride a ways to get to it.

Overall the course is fun and challenging but it's not overly scenic and has little aesthetics. The closing 18 green has a huge water tank right next to it which is about the strangest thing I have ever seen. Not a "go to" destination but if u are in the area check it out for yourself. More good here than bad.

Commented on 11/03/2017

Thank you for playing our course, I am the new GM/Pro here. If you get back in our area please stop in and say hello and play again. We hope to see you soon.

Course Has Lost IT Greens

A once good military course has gone down hill sharply. Course, practice areas and greens are not in good shape. Greens were overtaken by poa annua grass. Some greens are mostly dirt. Fairways are decent. The practice facility ball machine is out of service and night driving range use is not available due to club house closing at dusk. Shrubs have overgrown practice facility. Currently this course is good for beginners and not your advance players.

Commented on 11/03/2017

You are correct the greens did have a poa annua problem but they are in much better condition. I am the new GM/Pro and I hope you come back and play our course again. The conditions have gotten much better and we are making things better every day.

Municipal