Championship 72 7016 yards 72.4 131
Middle 72 6433 yards 69.4 126
Other 72 5829 yards 66.5 120
Forward (W) 72 5217 yards 68.9 120
Scorecard for Lane Tree
Gold M: 73.3/134 423 213 520 409 348 400 500 207 445 3465 540 406 448 175 506 367 213 373 419 3447 6912
Blue M: 70.9/126 393 198 497 388 330 313 482 181 386 3168 517 389 362 159 467 333 193 344 372 3136 6304
White M: 68.8/122 W: 73.9/132 367 170 449 366 312 282 467 153 328 2894 455 373 339 123 432 311 182 324 353 2892 5786
Gray M: 66.8/115 W: 72.1/126 334 164 419 343 280 279 441 135 328 2723 451 349 334 111 406 311 150 306 321 2739 5462
Red M: 64.8/110 W: 69.5/121 330 141 379 289 276 256 439 120 269 2499 402 344 307 100 381 292 148 283 277 2534 5033

Year Built 1992
Greens Champion Bermuda
Architect John LaFoy

Plush, challenging yet not too long

In my experiences, this course is the best in Wayne County NC and perhaps the surrounding areas. Played on a busy Saturday but the pace was good. The fairways and greens were in very good condition; and this motivated me to really dial back the driver and ensure I was in the fairway off the box. Many unique holes that require placement instead of power; which I like a lot. several changes in elevation require some thought re the next shot. I dang fun experience, and I look forward to getting "even" on hole 9 someday!

Will definantly play again and again.

Couse sets up well for al variety of golfers. You will enjoy playing here.

Poor weather

Cold and windy.....but fun

Nice course with elevation changes. It could use a little more variety as most holes were straight or mildly went from left to right..Loved the longer par 3's.....I look forward to playing it again under better weather conditions and when the course isn't so wet.

great course and well maintained

New golf carts with GPS are awesome. I've always loved playing this course and would recommend it to anyone.

great day and couse was in great shape

the weather was perfect the course was in great shape and the greens were perfect. all together it was a fantastic day

Always a good round

Lane Tree is definitley the nicest courses in the Goldsboro area. Greens are always mowed every morning, pins changed frequently to make it more difficult. Course is well maintained, other than the difficulty they had due to a very wet beginning of summer. Not able to play some holes due to the extreme amount of rain. Course is in great shape at this time, greens are in good shape as well!

This course was in really good shape, and the greens were perfect, rolling fast and true. Outside of the 1hr drive from Raleigh, everything was great about the course, and I expect I'll probably return again next season.

Excellent golf experience!

My son and I had a great golf outing at Lane Tree. Golf course was in great shape.

A well maintained course in Wayne County

I always enjoy playing this course and never have any complaints about the course or the personnel. It is always maintained we'll and the greens are all in good shape. There are some challenges, but nothing that an average golfer would have trouble with.

The fairways and greens were in very good condition

The course was in good condition - the greens were well maintained and putted very true- the only issue i had was that the yardage markers were not very good. It was hard to find the markers and this caused some delay in hitting your shot sometimes. However, I would play the course again.

I found a good deal on a tee time at Lane Tree and decided to give it a try even though it is a bit further away than most of the courses I play in Raleigh. I'm glad I did. The course was in excellent condition, though a bit soggy from recent rain. There wasn't much traffic on the course when I played so I never had to wait to play a shot and finished my round in about 3 hours. I played from the middle tees and the course wasn't very long. But the layout makes you think through your shots and you can't just blast away on every hole. The greens were challenging - often well-protected by bunkers or mounds the greens allow for challenging pin positions. They are also contoured and fairly speedy, so you need a good approach to score. I'll definitely give this course another look.

Great course for the beginner or pro!

I was running late called the clubhouse and the guy was really great, told me not to worry slow down all would be ok. The course was wet(had 10" rain in 2 weeks) but it was playable. My son and I had a great outing.

Course was in great shape, despite all the rain we have had. Greens are perfect.

Wonderful golf experience.

I have played this course about eight times. Myself and a friend played it on 6-04-13 for the first time in two years. It was better than I remembered. I don't believe I have ever played a better course for the money.

Nice course.

We loved the course. Played with some locals that gave us some nice tips.

Great value as a Hot Deal.

Lane Tree is a pretty open course that allows all levels a decent challenge. Several holes are risk/reward with OB and water that punish those that spray it off the tee box. Had issues with our cart but employees advised new carts were ordered and on the way. Good service after the round with really good food. The food and beverage prices were quite a deal for a country club as well.

This course is well laid out and has rewards for well placed shots.

Nicely maintained course with employees working throughout the day attending to course needs. Several holes tempt you to boom your drive when a well placed drive will suffice. Some water in play will affect some of your drives. Rolling fairways and roughs will give you challenging lies even if your shots are straight.
Not a long course Lane Tree is the place to shoot your round of golf!

Course in excellent condition. Greens are superb!

First time playing Lane Tree. A bit of a drive from N. Raleigh but well worth it. Fun, fair layout. Greens are perfect and very true. Front 9 has lots of trees, back 9 kind of open. Much more water in play than shown on the scorecard...I learned the hard way! If you like The Neuse, you'll like Lane Tree.

Awesome bang for the buck! Thanks GolfNow

First time I had booked with golfnow! My overall experience was good and I got an awesome deal on 18 holes! I woke up Sunday morning wanting to play somewhere close by but didn't wanna pay an arm and leg for a round. Looked on golfnow.com and played this awesome course for $18! Overall Lane Tree is in good condition. The fairways are cut nice with very few dead spots. Greens were rolling well, not too fast or too slow. Really good bang for my dollar considering I have played courses in way worse condition and payed well over double the money! Thanks GolfNow.com

Selma, North Carolina
Mount Olive, North Carolina
Wilson, North Carolina
Kinston, North Carolina
Wilson, North Carolina

Valid dates: Jun 21, 2019 - Dec 31, 2019
Sign up for a 2 or 3 Day Golf School and receive accommodations in a villa for the duration of your stay.
Keystone Resort Stay, Play and Save
June Special at Shenvalee
Fling and Swing!
Sewailo Golf Club Stay & Play Hotel Package
Latest Articles
Articles
Golf tournament pro-ams: a primer
Articles
The days I fell in love with golf (a Cool Golf Memory)
Articles
What does the golf course of the future look like?