East at Grandover Resort

Grandover Resort East Course
Scorecard for East
Gold M: 74.3/140 405 535 200 390 460 555 190 325 390 3450 430 450 125 565 390 470 230 420 570 3650 7100
Blue M: 71.9/132 380 495 180 355 405 535 165 310 375 3200 400 405 100 545 365 445 195 405 540 3400 6600
White M: 68.9/128 355 460 165 285 385 480 140 300 350 2920 370 385 80 475 290 425 175 380 500 3080 6000
Red W: 71.7/121 340 435 140 260 350 455 110 285 305 2680 355 360 60 435 275 385 150 340 460 2820 5500

Year Built 1996
Architect David Graham (1996) Gary Panks (1996)

Carts Yes - included in green fees (with GPS)

Dress code Collared golf shirts are required. Please no denim or tee shirts.

Entertaining Clients 18

Front side is not in the best on condition. I would not recommend anyone to play this course at current conditions and cost.

It's just not worth it.

First time playing here. We played EAST course.

We loved very FAST Greens.

Very nice layout.

BUT avoid if it is wet . It rained about 10 hours before our tee time, some great courses have excellent drainage system, not this course.

Overall, very satisfied. Play here if under $50 (weekdays) and $80(weekends)

Great Condition, Friendly Staff

First time playing Grandover and I look forward to coming back. The Greens were in great shape and fast. Plenty of tee boxes to make it as difficult as you would like. The course was in great shape and enjoyed a great fall day!

Great Day!

Entertained a Client for his retirement. Welcomed to the property in the parking lot by an attendant! Played the week after Hurricane Michael. Course was wet but very playable. Greens were tough but fair. Bunkers in great shape.

Would definitely recommend this course if you're in the Greensboro area. Nice Track.

West Course

Actually played West Course due to college tournament on East. Very nice! Excellent conditions! Greens 3 week’s from punched and they are 75% back. All rolled very true.

Very few homes along the course. Bathrooms/Snack Bar well positioned since 9 doesn’t return to main clubhouse. Snack bar/restroom at turn was Air Conditioned, 2nd one was not. Also, water fountain at 2nd facility was not working. Other than that, GREAT DAY AND GREAT COURSE! I wish it was about $25 less for a round.

Decent Course

I've played the west course before and loved it. This was the first time playing the east course. Greens were great. They are smooth, but still very hard. Fairways and tees were decent. The pace of play was not good. It took 4 hours and 45 minutes to play 18.

I would play again as long as I had a discount.

must play

Great course, I would say the BEST public course in the Triad!!!! Some repairs have been done on the greens and fairways but did not effect play. Greens fast and fairways nice. Stay out of the rough or you can easily lose your ball. Great layout will have you using all the clubs in your bag. If you are in the Triad and ok with paying a little more you "must play" this one!

Great golf

Nice to return to Grandover. Couldn’t fault it at all.

East is a Beast

The East course at Grandover Resort was a pleasure to play. It demands one to control the golf ball off the tee. The greens roll true, at a fast, yet fair speed. The course is in amazing condition. The staff is amazing! A very enjoyable day.

It is a fair course

I played the West course for the first time in a couple of years. I meant to play the East, but the East drains terribly, so it was closed. The West was a little soggy from rain the night before, so Carts on Path was in effect. This course is not meant for COP, the cart paths are not very close to center of fairways, so plenty of walking was had. The cost of play wasn't lowered for the inconvenience which is a drab in my opinion. The course was fine, the only hiccup is the bunkers were terrible. There was little sand to be had, and most were filled with mushy mud from the rain. The golf carts no longer employ GPS, so bring your rangefinder as the course isn't well marked. The bright spot was there were maybe 5 cars in the lot, so the course was mine! The course isn't overly long or difficult from the proper tee of your ability.

The main problem I see with the Grandover Resort system is there is nothing available online about the golfing specifics. No online tee booking, no online prices listed, you have to call the shop. If they would adapt to modern online system with dynamic pricing and tee time logging, I would consider more often.

Fantastic!!

Sorry in advance for the long review, but the course deserves it. I drove about 300 miles to meet my friend halfway and we decided to play at Grandover East Course based on online reviews. I called ahead to make a tee time and the guys in the pro shop were really helpful. They let me know that the West course had been aerated a week prior and that they would be more than happy to drive us out to some of the greens to check out their condition before playing. Instead, we played it safe at the longer East course and it was an awesome round. The fairways and greens were in fantastic shape, they all played really well, and the pace of play was great (we finished 18 in about 3hrs 50 minutes.) The beverage cart came around about every 4 holes which was better than most courses. Overall a fantastic visit and worth the drive.

Good Shape

Had a great time at the West Course, yesterday although I played poorly. They have did an amazing job with maintaining the course considering the massive winter kill the area suffered. Greens were running at a good speed and the fairways and tee boxes all had nice cuts of grass. Hats off to the grounds staff for their hard work and to the pro shop staff for their kindness. I look forward to returning soon.

Great Facility

Great facility. Beautiful clubhouse, great practice range. Great layout that flows well. Very nice golf holes one after another. The fairways had winter kill but greens were in great shape. Hope to come back and play when Bermuda comes back in. Highly recommend this course.

Very nice facility

I had not played Grandover in years but it was a real pleasure to play it again. Golf course was in very good shape coming out of winter. Great practice area and infrastructure.

Fabulous course

For the time of the year and the recent rain and snow, the course was in great condition and was a treat to play.

Very Poor Value

First the course, then my experience. I played the East Course, which was OK but clearly not worth $61 for a weekday round when I played for 1/2 that the next day at a far superior course, Oak Hollow in High Point. Very few level lies even in the fairway, course does not drain well at all, and really just semi-interesting for a "resort" course. Much worse, we were pushed back from our tee time so they could get about 30 seniors out for a shotgun start. I'm 60+ and asked about a senior rate, they said there is none, then they charged them $45 and me $61. Total (expletive deleted). Even worse, they have TWO groups on the first tee at our time and had groups 1A and 1B, dooming us to a 5+ hour round. This should NEVER happen, and I would NEVER recommend this course!!!

East Course was in great shape for February. Staff was extremely pleasant. We were the second group off for the day and felt like we had the entire course to ourselves. Greens were a little bit on the slow side but rolled very well. Cant wait to go back !!

Christmas at Grandover

I took my sons to play Grandover East, which is one of my favorite courses in the Triad. Since it is December, we did not expect great weather, but it was a nice day with temps in the upper 50's. Check-in was quick and efficient, and the staff was cordial and pleasant. Since recent weather had been very wet and cold, I expected carts to be on the path, which they were. However, the course itself had drained well and was damp but not real muddy. The dormant bermudagrass base was good, and I could play the ball down, which was unexpected. The greens were good speed and true. We played our round in 4 hours, which was nice because there was a lot of play. We saw a ranger at least twice on each side, which helped keep things moving. All in all, it was a great day to spend with my sons.

This course appearance is extravagant.

Probably due to the season , the course was challenging such as fairway and greens obstructing executions.

grandover

What can I say.. it's grand over. Some of the best in the triad.yr

Jamestown, North Carolina