Championship 72 7212 yards 74.7 141
Yellow 72 5835 yards 69.2 126
Yellow (W) 72 5835 yards 74.5 134
Scorecard for Forest Oaks Country Club
Championship M: 74.7/141 431 437 185 525 458 552 409 217 448 3662 370 553 441 202 357 454 372 223 578 3550 7212
Green M: 73.0/137 401 387 172 501 439 542 409 182 436 3469 370 553 415 188 350 422 352 211 538 3399 6868
White M: 70.5/130 368 345 161 485 412 511 375 157 407 3221 357 516 382 156 340 382 322 179 518 3152 6373
Yellow M: 68.2/119 W: 73.8/131 319 320 142 447 381 466 342 131 374 2922 321 462 332 155 302 343 300 154 487 2856 5778
Red W: 69.3/118 265 306 127 409 353 402 219 108 325 2514 290 446 279 96 259 296 268 146 413 2493 5007

Year Built 1962
Fairways Tift Sport Bermuda Grass
Greens Bentgrass

Great Track

We got there in the afternoon after a scramble had just finished and were the only group on the course! What a great layout. Nice topography. Large greens.
The greens had been recently punched so were still recovering from that and were pretty slow. But overall this is a great value.
I would play this course again in a heartbeat!

Best Kept Secret

Forrest Oaks has to be one of the Best Kept Secrets in N.C. I’m not sure if it’s because it was private for so long or what but you can’t find a PGA level course for their playing price

Great experience at The Oaks

Hadn't played Forest Oaks in a couple of years, but my buddy made a tee time there Saturday morning at 9:32 for four of us.

Got to the course around 8:45 or so, was greeted in the parking lot by the cart attendant/starter/overall nice guy. He asked when our tee time was, gave us a run down on where everything was and asked if we needed anything. Went inside to what I assume is a new pro shop, when I played 2 or so years ago it was downstairs, it is now upstairs and very nice. Tripp in the pro shop was real nice, told us the greens had been punch a week ago and were about 70% back, which was a bit of a disappointment, but hey they got to punch them sometime.

Got our keys, some range balls and went over to get our carts. Two guys there, one the same that greeted us originally got us all set on the carts and we went to hit some range balls before heading to the first tee.

Pace of play was excellent. We were fortunate enough to have nobody in front of us which was great. We did have a 3 some behind us that we let play through on #10 and then a 2 some behind then that we let pass after we teed off on #11. Both groups thanked us and off they went never to be seen again.

The course was in very good shape, with the greens being the only reason it wasnt excellent over all. Tees and fairways were on point and the rough, though it was pretty freshly mowed was thick and challenging as you would expect from a course of this stature. The greens were bumpy/slow from the aeration, however I have no doubt that a week from now they will be rolled, smooth and in perfect condition.

Course has a real nice layout to it, on the longer side which is nice and you get to hit a variation of clubs that you don't at most other public courses in the area.

Stopped in the bar/grill after our round and grabbed a hot dog and beer while we watched some football. The bartender was awesome and very pleasant.

All and all a great day on the course and somewhere we will definitely be visiting again.

REALLY coming around

Have to give credit when it's due and the course is really coming back around. Fairways were in good shape, tee boxes are coming around and the greens looked really good. Only issue was pitch marks that weren't repaired properly. Pace of play was great. Course layout is probably my favorite in the Triad.

Love the Layout

Fine layout -championship quality. Friendly staff and pricing. Greens were very good, fairways so so and traps/rough in need of work. Not sure if course is on the start of a rise, or decline, but definitely in transition from the glory years. Still, for under $40 on a Sunday, I recommend it!

Coming Back Nicely

Every time I play this course it gets better and better. The greens are rolling smooth and quick. There are still a few bad spots on the greens but they are much improved than the last time I played. I cannot recommend this course enough!

Great layout

Could see how it hosted tour event, played in offseason so condition is hard to tell. Looks like they are working on upgrading some bunkers.
Will play again

and it could be so great !!

Just moved to area, had no idea of the Tour history at this course. (GGO etc.) Layout fabulous but oh dear... what happened? Unkempt is an understatement! The
new management must find value in bringing this one back to its potential. The members must be livid.
For "cheap" golfers... play it now. A few bucks spent by new management and you'd be happy to play it for double what they are discounting it to now. I'll be back either way.

Great Layout

Great layout with a good variety of left/right dog legs. Par 3's are very good....we played from white tees...6350 yds. Bent grass greens have taken a beating with summer heat (and unrepaired ball marks), most of the sand traps are packed sand/mud. Course needs some TLC....it's too good to skimp on maintenance.
I imagine the greens will be in very good condition again come mid-Sept. Great play on GN Hot Deal.

Worth it

Course was in good condition considering how hot it was around 4th of July. Played again two days later. Was very happy with conditions, pace of play, and staff.

High expectations for Forrest Oaks

Course wasn't upkept as much as I thought it'd be. If you miss the fairway on some holes good chance your ball gone. Best of luck

PGA Tour Layout that has been sent to the nursing home to slowly die

Growing up watching the GGO, I jumped on the opportunity to play a mid-week afternoon round for $30 at Forrest Oaks when business brought me to Greensboro. You realize upon pulling up that she is a ways from her glory days. Crabgrass lines half the tee boxes, if there is any grass at all. Fairways were good, with the exception of a few holes in which a majority of the ground is under repair. The greens were mediocre; slow and bumpy on some holes, other holes impeccable but still slow. This layout is tough and will test your skills. 3 par 3s flirting with 200 yards from the men's tees is a rarity for a public golfer, and the course requires you to work the ball both ways off the tee. For the price I was satisfied with the round and course, but you can't help getting a somber feeling walking the fairways knowing what the course used to be. Although disappointing that the owners have let the course slip to the condition it's in, it's not often you get to walk the same fairways that legends of the game have for under $30. I reccomend this course to anyone looking for a tough test for a good value and can appreciate the history of the course, but if you show up expecting the Forrest Oaks of 90s and early 00's, you will leave disappointed.

good course

Beautiful lay out course but back nine pace so slow.

Great course excellent shape!

Had an excellent round here at forest oaks everything was great except we tried to have lunch after but the waitstaff was in the kitchen the entire time. We sat down at the bar and no one acknowledged us . I had to poke in the kitchen to get a waitress. She took our order which they were out of a lot of stuff. She seemed like why they're they here for lunch.... She was missing after she took our order . Never was anyone attending the bar. I am wondering was her boyfriend in the kitchen?? Because she really never came out and when she did she would go right back in like she was performing heart surgery in there! i was waiting for a hidden camera show or something

Good course

Haven't played here in many years but the course is in decent shape. It could use a little tlc but overall decent. The only problem would be other golfers. The golfers playing this course now seem to not care about fixing a divot on a green when they hit a green. The greens would be in a lot better shape if the people playing the course would simply bend down and fix a divot so the green will heal itself. I must of fixed a minimum of 5 divots on every green I walked on the day I played. If you play golf. Be courteous and fix your divots so other people can enjoy the course better.

Course is very challenging and long from tips. There are several tee boxes and a few fairways that need work. Especially number 4. Greens need work to repair ball marks. I feel with a little money and time this course could be great again. However, just not sure ownership is willing to put money back into the course.

Not much left

Course is in horrible shape. Most fairways are lost, tee boxes are shot. Bunkers with notmuch sand in them at all. Not worth the 24$ I paid. From what the course used to be, to now it's disgusting.

Best bang for your buck if you enjoy a “traditional golfing challenge”.

I️ have been a member of the forest oaks community since high school and have always enjoyed a good challenge. FOCC will always a ranked course in my book! Seems like folks from Arizona know what their doing from my view. Hope to play again soon.

McLeansville, North Carolina