The Ridges Country Club

Mountain Harbour Golf Club
Yellow 72 5054 yards 67.4 116
Scorecard for The Ridges
Black M: 71.4/132 490 391 385 360 175 389 189 426 434 3239 393 171 391 330 462 195 371 431 573 3317 6556
Gold M: 69.1/126 W: 75.1/141 471 371 351 336 142 359 171 411 412 3024 376 150 359 313 433 152 352 394 543 3072 6096
Blue M: 65.7/116 W: 71.4/123 407 358 320 279 115 331 149 365 384 2708 347 119 310 297 380 122 295 364 465 2699 5407
Green M: 62.1/103 W: 65.6/117 386 298 245 200 92 269 114 309 301 2214 304 95 256 226 330 93 265 291 419 2279 4493

Year Built 1992
Architect Willard Byrd (1992)

Course Closed After Making Reservation

We arrived 30 minutes before tee time and no one was there. Who will refund our fees?

Need more drinking water stations there were only two and one was out of water.snd this was at noon.

A good golf course working to get better!

The golf course was a bit wet due to recent rains which made some of the fairways quite soggy in spots. The rough had been cut, but a lot of the "cut" grass was still laying on top of the remaining grass which made the ball extremely hard to find if hit into the rough. Management is working hard at cleaning up the course. The golf course is well laid out and fair with a few funky holes, but fun. We found the GPS on the cart not always correct, so if you have a range finder, use it as a back up. This course is fun to play more than once...greens had a bit of break right at the hole!

Great - but those greens!

Great layout, friendly staff, and a course that you need to play more than once to score on. Sadly, some greens were in bad shape. Which is too bad, because they had subtleties that really would be a delight in good conditions. Oh well - hope they can bring the greens back after summers over.

Light drizzle a few times but playable

The forecast dropped from 80% rain to 50% the day before. It was accurate. Got light drizze/rain a few minutes but playable conditions. Not require cart path only and so it was great. The course itself is moderate difficulty for mid handicap players. Staff are excellent. We had a hot deal which made it a bargain to play a decent course. Definitely a course to play in this area.

Worth the ride

I travel 50 minutes to get there and pass 4 courses on the wasy. Green’s in good condition and fairways good and getting better with rain and sun. If you are in the area this course is a must play. Staff very courteous

Good, fun course

Course was in excellent shape except for the weeds around the greens.

Course isnin good condition overall. A few tee boxes were a little rough and the collars were a little long. Greens and fairways were in very good condition. I was a member of this course a few years back and it is better now then it was then. My only complaint is that they didn't mow the greens. I think courses should mow the greens on the weekend. It is improving and I hope it continues to get better.

Commented On 2018-06-20T20:37:55.000+00:00

Thanks for visiting us, and leaving us your comments. We had a major equipment failure week when you visited, but everything is now up and working, and you will find the golf course in great shape. Please come back and see for your self!

Mixed

A favorite course through past 3 years. Staff consistently friendly and hospitable. Wonderful layout and spectacular vistas. However, this course is in a condition that can only be described as ragged. Bare, weedy fairways, thick weeds just inches from the green surfaces. Greens ok but full of poa annua.

Could not recommend it to a friend without fully disclosing the overall condition. I am truly sorry to see this gem in such sad shape.

course is in good condition. greens are smooth & roll well. Ate lunch at the clubhouse, good food, reasonable price.

Fun course with nice mountain views

The cool start to spring in the south has bermuda fairways off to a very slow start. Was disappointed with the fairway conditions, especially after the reviews. To be honest, it has been so cool and damp with snow 10 days ago, probably not fair to judge my first trip here too harshly. Greens were solid and course layout is nice. Would like to see the course after the warmth of summer to see how the fairways look. Will play again.

Commented On 2018-04-30T00:45:15.000+00:00

We appreciate your feedback. Yes, the fairways were starting to green up 2 weeks ago, but 3 hard freezes and 1 snowfall later, they are just once again beginning to come out of dormancy. Hope you can return when everything is greened up, and dry.

We have played this course a few times and plan to play more in the future. The only complaint we have is when we finished and went to our car to unload our bags (we were only about 15 yards from the bag drop and cart return) the guy ran over to unload our bags. My husband told him he had it. They usually have a cloth and wipe your clubs, which is useless, in order to get another tip. We always tip the bag boy in the beginning. When he realized there was no more tip coming we felt rushed. I didn't even have time to replace the club covers on my clubs, he handed it to me. Other than that, everything is excellent.

Commented On 2018-04-23T18:41:43.000+00:00

We appreciate your visiting The Ridges and thank you for your patronage. Our course ambassadors and cart staff are asked to provide the type of customer service you might expect to receive at a fine country club, and are not simply trying to get a tip. I am glad to hear that this person was doing his job, and I apologize if you felt rushed.

Bang for your $

Course layout different. Very hilly. Greens were in good shape. For the money I paid was truely a Deal was pleased and looking forward in playing another round here.

Would not honor tee time

I traveled 40 miles to the course, to be told they would not honor my booking through golfnow. They would not contact golfnow so I could get a refund and told me I could pay them the same price I already paid golfnow and play. I would not recommend this course to anyone.

Commented On 2018-04-23T18:28:52.000+00:00

We are sorry that you experienced a double booking by Golf Now. We are unable to rectify that situation, but provided you with an alternative. It is not our responsibility to handle Hot Deal problems. Again, our apologies.

Lot of cart path only holes!

We did not like having to start on 10th hole. And lots of the holes were cart path only!?

Commented On 2018-04-23T18:33:48.000+00:00

Thank you for visiting The Ridges. We had an extensive frost delay the day that you played, and we start on the 10th hole on days with frost delays. That fairway clears the frost quicker, so we can get our golfers sooner after the frost burns off. And due to extreme amounts of rain earlier in the week, we were on cart paths for select holes where the fairways would not be able to handle cart traffic. We are sorry that you experienced the conditions that are solely dictated by the weather.

Hayesville, North Carolina
Blairsville, Georgia
Franklin, North Carolina
Clayton, Georgia

Valid dates: Jan 11, 2019 - Mar 03, 2019
An oasis of elegance amid the harsh beauty of the desert that surrounds it, the JW Marriott Las Vegas boasts 541 oversized guestrooms and is located adjacent to TPC Las Vegas. Complimentary shuttle service and a seamless experience make this resort a first class option.