Cummings Cove Golf & Country Club

Year Built 1985
Architect Bob Cupp (1985) Gus Grantham (1984)

Clubs No

Restaurant

Clubhouse, Banquet Facilities, Showers, Locker Rooms, Internet Access

Available Activities

Swimming, Billiards

Available Sports

Fitness, Tennis

Still great course, perfect day, needs minor attention

i still love this course! I thought, however, since course was closed 3 days for aeration, that it would be better condition than this. Aeration holes still plagued putting 4 days after it was done. First cut rough needs minor attention, some debris on fairways made it hard to locate balls even after good shot in fairway. It wasn't manicured quite as well as the first time I played it. But it still is the best course in WNC to me. I don't even rate it with the "tourist-only' pricey Grove Park Inn. Can't wait to try it again when it's in better shape.

With the exception of the greens...which were just aerated the course is true. Target golf not too forgiving

Short and Snotty

I enjoyed the beginning of the course layout. A lot of fun shape shots until I realized driver just wasn't every going to come out of the bag. Not a huge deal but an 3h with a PW approach from the blues is basically the entire game. 12 handicap and I was +2 at the turn. No alerts that greens were just aerated, so just gave myself honest 2 puts for each hole.

Tried to push through a 4 some only to discover that there was a league going on. Come to find out, there's a "league every day" of about 25-30 guys that go out in one push. I asked if I could join them for a 5 some since we were already mashed up. Guy say "you can't do 5 some's". I knew these guys were guys to stick to the rules. The gentlemen were cordial and I just lagged behind but the two some and a single caught up with me and played ready golf. So, I'd wait 10 or so minutes, then hit. As soon as my swing was done the 2 some was swinging and dropping shots around me. Needless to say, frustrating.

Overall, the course is definitely a shape shot wonderland. Cutting over some trees, and playing some mounds to get awesome kicks to the green was a lot of fun. The "members" of a public course, I could do without their "we own the place" attitude. Very disappointed with the Ranger not doing a better job of placing players. I could have kicked off 10 and had a nice rhythmic blast.

So be warned. Ask ahead of time what kind of groups are in front. I teed off around 945 and caught up to them on #4 at around 10:35 or so. Then watched them wait for each other, line up all the puts, 4 guys search for one lost ball, and a guy losing a towel only to come back 2 holes later and without asking me if I grabbed it. Yeah, bud, I grabbed your towel. Here you go, er, I meant to say wait.

Dave H

I loved the layout and the degree of difficulty of the course. Unfortunately, the greens had just been aerated and we had an all day soaker the day before which led to slow play due to cart path only. Will definitely play again when condition is better.

This course has great features

Fun course with challenging greens. GPS carts come in handy. Enjoyable overall.

Best Value in WNC

Everything here was as close to perfect as a golfer could ask for. Staff was friendly and accomodating, tee box area clean and easy to tee up, fairways were better than most WNC greens are, the golf carts were awesome, don't even need a range finder when using them. The only thing I would even try to suggest is a little better course directions for new players. But...it is a gem of a golf course.

Great Course Near Asheville

This mountain course was one of my favorite layouts in quite awhile!! Every hole has its own character and flair.
The staff was great From Carl to Management!
The homeowners that play the course are very friendly and accommodating in flowing through guest.
Would play it all the time if I lived in the area especially for the $35 for 18 with cart I paid..

Nice mountain style in a community

This is a challenging but fun Mountain style course. My wife & I played before a few years ago & came back. Nice value too. Put your big boy/girl pants on for the uphill holes. We’ll be back!

Awesome staff and pace of play. Played by myself and 2 groups of members let me play through. Very tight layout, driver not needed off the tee often. Fairly soggy path only on the front. Good Mountain View’s and some cool water features. Some Championship memorable par 3s Greens rolled true would Recommend. .

Father/Son Round

Nothing but good things to say about the course.From tee box to green in great shape. Had to play cart path only due to heavy rains during the week.Made for a long round.
The most frustrating thing was the pace of play that I felt could have been easily avoided. We had an 11:00 Tee-time on a Saturday, so your expectation is it's going to be crowded and just be ready for such. Nevertheless, I called early to double-check on us possibly getting off earlier. "Oh, no sir, we're completely booked". Fine, we ok with 11, we'll get there early and hit a few balls. Arrived at 10 to a nearly deserted parking lot, and, wait for it...........no driving range. (Full disclosure, there is a spot with 8 mats and a small net).

OK, so we asked again, can we go ahead and get off a little early as a twosome? "Again, the very nice (if not too knowledgable) young lady, assured us it was booked solid. So, my son and I stood there on the putting green by the 1st tee and from 10:00-1100 and watched one threesome and one foursome tee off, both after 10:30. Finally, we were paired with another twosome and allowed to tee-off at 11:00. We were then constantly dealing with twosomes playing behind us.
The only defense I can think of is that the course allows the local members to load up on tee-times, and then cancel at the last minute if they aren't happy with the course conditions. I definitely heard the foursome of ladies that went off before us discussing not playing because of the cart path only situation.

I case if we're really going full disclosure, I could have just been in a salty mood all day when I discovered their restaurant was closed, but more to the point, there was no beer to be purchased.

Anonymous

Beautiful course

Very well maintained course with some stunning views and some challenging holes. It rained the day before and rained while we were playing, so it was cart path only - which I prefer to walk if that is the case; but didn't bring the wheels. Will plan another trip to play when the weather has been dry.

Not a place a veteran should go

Not a place a veteran should go Because the guy running the desk in the pro shop has no respect for veterans or their registered service dogs!!

Umber One

This was my first time playing in the Asheville area and I was very impressed. I found the club online and the Staff was very Helpful in changing my tee time due to travel changes. The approach and views were amazing and Staff welcoming. The course was in excellent condition with lots of vertical changes and great views.
I will. be back to play and will recommend to friends. It is a must-play in the area.

Great Mountain Course

We chose this course by chance and we were glad we did. It is a wonderful mountain course with lots of views. The condition is fantastic....very good superintendent for sure. Logout is very challenging but fair. Playing for the first time is rough but it's just so nice, it doesn't matter. We met a lot of the golf community home owners and they were very hospitable to us and shared some of the course knowledge. We will be back!

Fletcher, North Carolina