Type Private
Cedar Rock Country Club
Scorecard for Cedar Rock
Gold M: 75.3/140 442 393 570 205 430 436 423 165 579 3643 420 424 438 503 415 150 530 201 429 3510 7153
Blue M: 72.8/131 413 389 532 171 395 400 380 156 563 3399 393 391 403 495 382 141 502 175 396 3278 6677
White M: 70.2/128 W: 76.0/139 365 348 502 153 336 349 338 147 500 3038 364 361 375 470 351 128 485 149 366 3049 6087
Green M: 67.9/119 W: 72.8/127 359 340 423 143 303 320 309 108 493 2798 345 340 369 463 343 122 471 140 307 2900 5698
Red M: 65.5/112 W: 70.0/122 324 329 348 118 258 280 242 76 386 2361 340 245 348 411 321 118 428 115 245 2571 4932

Year Built 1965
Architect Ellis Maples

Practice Hole Yes

Credit Cards Accepted Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover Accepted

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in North Carolina (2017 #13)

Another great round at Cedar Rock

I mean the golf course is great. Not my round. But not playing so much lately so I got what I put into it.

The only thing I saw was the fairways still need to come out a bit with grass but that should happen later in the season. Greens are running well. Maintenance is trying to stay ahead of all the spring seeds and pollen getting on greens and bunkers, But this is a great layout every hole is interesting. Highly recommend.

Wouldn’t even let me finish the round

Booked my tee time at 11 am. A few days later I received a call from the course saying there was a tournament the day we were playing and asked if we could switch our time until 10 am to stay clear of the tournament which we were fine with. During our round, we pulled up to the 14th hole and was told we would have to skip to 17 because they had more people than expecting play the tournament. They would not refund or do anything for us about the holes we were unable to play. Also the course was in terrible shape.

Foothills Favorite

Great conditions, scenic views, good layout and just a wonderful test.One of my personal favorites that presents a test that can be rewarded by a well struck shot. Formally private, now a semi private Country Club!

Would play again

Course was in good condition. Greens were also in good condition. Layout was fair and pretty straightforward. Pace of play was a little slow on Saturday, but not too bad. Practice areas were nice as well. I would play this course again when in the area.

Best Course in Western NC

I have been playing golf for years and this is a hidden gem. If you are in the area and get a chance to play this course you will not be disappointed.

It was once a private country club and since going public they have maintained the private country club conditions.

Give them a vist.

Good times

It was a Sunday so the course was a bit crowded. I was a single and since there was a foursome ahead and a twosome behind, I teamed with the twosome and it was a wonderful day of golf. They were regulars and were able to help me with some shot placement instructions... too bad my game couldn't put it where they said! The course was nice and the pace of play was pretty good. Not too much waiting. I am looking forward to trying the course again.

SLOW

This was my first time playing the course. My son and I played on a late mourning "Hot Deals" tee time. Course was in good condition but not great. Greens and most of the fairways were in good condition. Some of the fairways had several bare spots. Rough was combo of grass and weeds, but overall very playable. Layout is excellent with a combination of flat and elevation, short and long hole. Only thing that was a real negative was pace of play. We started off with no one in front of us so we played fairly quickly. Only playing as a twosome, I expected at some point we would catch the rest of the "field" and it would play at a "normal" pace. Boy was I wrong. When we did catch up with the group in front of us it was a fivesome. I got really aggravated at first because they were hitting multiple shot and taking their sweet time to leave the fairway and progress to the green. After finally hitting our tee shots and getting down the fairway, I could see the rest of the course and could see that this five some was actually being held up by the "log jam" in front of them. The source of the "log jam" was a group of seven playing together...yes that is not a typo...a group of 7! On a Saturday morning this course allowed group of seven play together. Needless to say, the rest of the round was painfully slow.

A gem of the NC foothills

First time playing this course after playing several in the area. I was taken aback by the beauty of this course and it’s immaculate condition. I kept wondering how on earth I could get to play it so cheaply, then I’d giggle. The course itself is excellently designed within the natural landscape and challenging with greens that were neither too fast or too slow. Unfortunately, my round got called on the 12th due to lightning, but there was no hassle in the pro shop about getting a refund or rain check. In fact, I didn’t even have to ask. They just took care of the golfers. Since I had booked through a third party, they gave me a 9-hole rain check which I am excited to redeem in the near future.

Beside the golf course, there are nice practice facilities, a pool, tennis courts, and grill/restaurant with pretty good food and friendly service.

A classic

A great Ellis Maples design! Just classic doglegs and overall enjoyable course. You could see some mild maintenance issues with the bunkers but a great value for a classic track. Walkable and challenging-- fun to play.

Cedar Rock Golf Course - A great course to play!

Course is one of the best around. The only down side is they have a restaurant but I have only see it open during a tournament I played in a whil back and when we played Saturday, the coolers on the course were basically out of water and the ones that did have water I them had very little and seemed like the water was put in the day before considering we reed off at 11:50

Well pleased and satisfied

All around great course will play there again staff friendly wide open as place of play and the course was in a maculate condition

Fantastic course

It’s in wonderful shape, grill was great, and I even am considering joining membership there. Fantastic all around.

Loved this course

Wonderful round of golf.
An older Country Club atmosphere. Really lovely.

This course has some nice features

Enjoyed playing it beautiful course plan to go back when there's a little bit more grass pretty long for women though

Don't go right now.....wait

Staff is excellent. Layout is great. Conditions are horrendous right now. Not just green arification...theres no grass in fairway. Too good of a course to be like this. Hopefully it gets better soon.

Good layout, challenging and has character!

Staff was very accommodating. The course was in good shape while still in “winter” mode. The greens were pure and rolled better than any I’ve played this winter. Worth the one hour ride!

Lenoir, North Carolina
Taylorsville, North Carolina
Hickory, North Carolina
Blowing Rock, North Carolina

Valid dates: May 24, 2019 - Oct 13, 2019
Save on lodging and Canyons Golf! Give your drive the adventure it deserve this summer at Canyons Golf.
Stay and Play
Stay & Play Escape at Eagle Eye!
Stay and Play
Stay & Play this Summer at Hawk Hollow!
Unlimited Golf Stay and Play at St James Bay Golf Club