Lincoln Country Club

Style Traditional
Hybrid 72 6201 yards 71.0 129
Scorecard for Lincoln Country Club
Blue M: 72.2/134 529 199 400 302 372 386 529 209 366 3292 362 432 365 459 187 329 569 163 327 3193 6485
Hybrid M: 71.0/129 489 199 367 302 345 386 469 209 313 3079 362 403 365 443 187 313 569 153 327 3122 6201
White M: 70.1/126 W: 76.0/134 489 170 367 291 345 360 469 182 313 2986 350 403 352 443 171 313 563 153 294 3042 6028
Gold M: 67.6/120 W: 72.3/126 436 132 327 280 311 346 414 152 284 2682 335 357 342 428 140 299 511 135 260 2807 5489
Red M: 65.1/114 W: 69.4/122 429 119 317 268 295 314 396 137 271 2546 278 329 285 360 125 260 426 119 203 2385 4931

Year Built 1946
Architect Peter Tufts

Needs an updated review

There's not been a review of Lincoln Country Club on GolfAdvisor for a few years, so I thought I'd provide an update. I am a member of LCC and play there often. In August, 2016 I wrote an update/review on the Charlotte, NC BMan website, so I pasted this below. Since that update the greens are much faster even though they are dormant (over 10 on the stimpmeter). I've played a number of courses in the Charlotte region, and I must say that the greens at LCC are the best dormant greens in the area, and better than some bent greens this time of year. Since Nov. 16 the carts have been the path only, so the dormant bermuda fairways are in good shape.

August 4, 2016

This is a review of Lincoln Country Club (LCC), in Lincolnton, NC. LCC is not available as selection on the "Post a Review" section of BMan's website. I'll try not to be too biased, as I am a member of this club. LCC had trouble over the years with maintaining bent greens in the summer, partly due to financial difficulties. LCC was bought by a local business man a few years ago, and my guess is that close to 2 million dollars has been infused into the club. This includes a new swimming pool, clubhouse upgrades, new maintenance equipment, enlarged parking areas, and the golf course itself.

The club was closed from mid May 2016 to the first part of July 2016 for a greens renovation project. The greens were re-sodded with Diamond Zoysia grass, and the contours of some of the greens were upgraded to provide for more possible pin placements. This is the same type grass as that of the greens of Eagle Chase in Marshville, NC. All greens were enlarged some. These greens are very nice and are coming into their own. Their speed should increase throughout the coming months.

The fairways are full, with well defined rough. Most tee boxes are in very good shape, with a few needing some work. I dare say that the golf course is in the best shape that I have ever seen. I have lived on this course since 2001. LCC provides a good variety of holes not necessarily favoring a drawer or fader of the golf ball.

I suspect that most people reading this review are in the Charlotte area, but I would recommend checking out Lincoln Country Club if you get a chance. The food service is excellent, and many locals are choosing LCC for lunch and dinner.

Charlotte Advisor

Straight Hitter Paradise

Was the first off on a Sunday morning. This is not a walkers course as there are long drives between some holes. Course has fairly wide fairways and large mostly flat greens. If you miss with your tee shot, you will find trouble. Straight hitters should be able to score well here. There are a few dogleg holes and a couple with large elevation changes. The greens were in great shape. Fairways and tee boxes were decent. The only problematic areas were those that were in shade most of the time. The 18th hole is kind of a quirky finish. It's almost as if they had room for 17 1/2 holes and had to come up with something to complete 18. I would definitely come back here to play again.

Went downhill

Husband and I took a 6 and 11 year old to play golf for family outing. Was told we couldn't play because we didn't have on collard shirts. Haven't had this problem before. They have lost our business! Staff was rude and could have handled better.

Greens were in great shape and a fun layout!

The greens were in great shape. I know its fall but there was a lot of leaves. The layout is fun and makes you hit different shots of the tee

Easy layout, wide fairways. Not many bunkers.

Was told to start on #10. Had a member senior dogfight that began at 9:30. Greens were very rough. Ball mark on #14(par3) was so noticeable.Created by senior member. We quit tring to putt after 3 holes. As we got to #18(our 9th hole) we saw 3 kids running across the fairway. We teed off and as we approached the ladies tee box, the kids had 2 clubs each. We asked what they were doing, and they said they were from the middle school. Mismanagement and members not setting proper examples Is a definite reason for the courses' condition. We played 9 holes and came home.

very easy layout. short rough. few sand traps.

Was told to tee off on 10. Seniors(members) were having a dog fight at (9:30). Number 10 green was very rough. Putted and ball bounced along. Ball marks were excessive. Number 14(par3) had a recent ball mark from the senior members so large there was no way someone could of missed it. Management seems to not care,and members are not setting proper examples. As we get to 18 tee box,we see 3 kids crossing the fairway. We hit,and come to the ladies tee and each kid has 2 clubs each. We ask them what their doing, and they say their from the middle school. We finish only 9 holes and drive to the car. We payed $16.00 each, but to see a course mismanaged as it is,to pay any amount is too much.

This course is challenging, but fair.

We enjoyed this course quite a lot. Great price, great pro shop, and well maintained. The greens were fast and true. The vistas are really nice, too. The pace of play was crisp. Good shots were rewarded for the most part.

Course is challenging and in overall good condition for time of year and recent lack of rain.

This course will be beautiful in a couple of weeks as the leaves begin to change. Course is challenging and in overall good shape. Greens could use some work, pretty rough in spots but better than they were mid-summer. LOTS of ball-marks from people not fixing where their shots land - too bad really. But overall a really good deal for the price on a Sunday afternoon ($22.00).

noisy

Even though we had over 2" of rain just hours before we played the course was good condition and only 90 degrees.

Slow, even for a weekend

left after 6 holes -- 4 groups on par 5, until then waited for every shot.

Challenging

I have played this course only a couple times and am impressed with it's layout. Challenging but not unforgiving. You will use every club in your bag. Many doglegs where you do not hit driver off the tee. Beautiful location and the 76 degree day didn't hurt.

Course OK

Greens were in good shape and would hold nicely. Only complaint is that the rough was long and you would have difficulty finding balls after good shots just off the fairway. And there were excessive grass clipping where they had mowed. Alot if this though can be attributed to all the rain we have had; most courses have just not been able to keep up.

Plays Twice a year

Nic course

The course was in good shape, and a nice round. It could have used a little extra attention in raking up the dead grass clippings from the last mowing, but otherwise for the weather we have been having, it was good. A good value for your money.

Enjoyed the course !

Had a good day. Nice place to play. Did lose a couple of balls in the fairway. The grass had recently been mowed, heavy clippings on the fairway in some spots. I will play again.

Needs much attention

I have played this course for several years on and off and it has always been a pretty good course, that has changed. I went into the pro shop to pay, and they said nothing of the tourney that was just going off, and they failed to mention they had just put sand on all the greens, even when i called them on the phone. I found out when we reached green #1. They had went up on price also. Not to mention course had not been maintained, with grass not being mowed, sometimes even in the fairway. I lost a few balls and just got fed up. I will not be back to this course until they maintain the course. A total waste of money. Would it kill them to buy a mower with a grass catcher, or mulching kit?

Wide open

Tough to review, weather has been tough. They should have alerted us to the poor conditions.

nothing memorable about course

The course is old and looks like a very cheap municipal course. None of the holes are memorable. Greens were in ok shape but the rest of the course had a lot of weeds and areas that looked like they had not been maintained for quite some time.

Great Greens

Played in 4 1/2 hrs. Greens were Great, course was right in front of you. Good golf Course.

Great Greens

First time playing at Lincoln CC. Played in 4 1/2 hrs. Greens were great, the course is right in front of you. Good golf course.

Lincoln Country Club

I had heard good things about this course. perhaps my expectations were too high. We were surprised to find the greens to be so hard although in good condition and such a lack of markings to assist in estimating distances. Understandably, since this is such an old course, many of the features are very well established, which does help make this a challenging course.There were some unmarked hazards such as the swamp in the middle of the 11th fairway and ground that should be considered to be under repair in a number of places. The cart paths are in need of upgrade or major repair. The staff was quite friendly and helpful for their part. Our overall experience was good and memorable and it can be said that it is a good value for the money. I would recommend this course and even play it again, with the knowledge gained in our first experience.

Maiden, North Carolina