Style Traditional

Year Built 1946
Architect Peter Tufts

Bar, Snacks, Catering

Great choice for the Money

Love playing at Lincoln Country Club. Can get on during the weekday for as low as $26 on GolfNow. Greens are the best in the area, and are consistent throughout all 18 holes. Cheapest range balls around, as its only $4 to hit the grass driving range. The front nine and back nine are different with the back being more open, which gives golfers a different test. The only con is that the pace of play can be slow sometimes, especially in the afternoon. Overall its a awesome round of golf for the money! Look forward to coming back soon.

Best Greens around. Layout is odd. Good value for $30 or under

Not worth $40. Pushing it at $35. Definelty worth $30 or under. Greens are top notch. Fairway was slight above good...but factor in the several inches of rain the past couple of days fairways were much better than expected.

Course conditions were as good as they could be. Just the layout for me doesn't suit my taste. Feels like a Donald Ross course at times, hitting to uphill greens constantly. The holes that bend are ok because you actually don't have to fade your drive. The designer made it where you land your normal driver distance and then still have a straight approach, so that part of the layout is good.

Worth it if you can play for $30 and under.

Playing with my buddy.

It had rained for three days so it was wet. The greens were perfect and the ball rolled true. The fairways had not been cut but that was due to all the rain. I would not call this course a country club and there are better choices like Tillery Tradition Country Club or even Red Bridge or Eagle Chase Golf Club so I probably will not play here again.

Always worth it.

I have been spending time at LCC quite frequently since the beginning of the year. Took a few years for me to decide to make the drive out there from Charlotte, but after doing it once, it has been either a weekly or biweekly thing. In my opinion, you’d be hard pressed to find better greens; they are absolutely phenomenal. Fun course to walk with a great layout. It’s the first course I recommend to people that haven’t played it! Nice job to all at LCC! Appreciate you!

Lincoln Golf Club

Great golf for money. We played during COVID19 restrictions so not normal conditions. Semi private older course and facilities. Course is very nice, traditional course, great condition. . Great greens better than my home private course. Club house is dated and cart paths need to be redone. The staff was great and loved the course.

Lincoln CC Review

Our course was closed so we decided to play Lincoln CC. I had not played this course before and was pleasantly surprised by the great condition of the greens. They rolled true and fast. The pin placement on 18 was in the very back and it was brutal! Enjoyed putting on these greens.

The staff was very friendly and provided us with a quick briefing on what to expect with construction of condos on the front nine.

The fairways were still dormant but the lies in the fairways were okay. Can't wait to go back and play this course once the grass comes out later in the spring.

Fun round

Knowing some of the doglegs, will save a few shots. Not a very long course but very fun. Greens and fairways were in great shape. The only negative is the construction going on outside the course itself cause a few diversions. Go for it you will enjoy it.

Golf court was in excellent shape

The greens were an excellent shape far away is very good bass golf course I played on so far this year most definitely go back again highly recommend this course for anyone

Great place to play!

I started playing here a little over a year ago and decided to become a member this spring. For the money, nothing comes close. It’s not the newest or latest/greatest place, but for an avid golfer it hits the right points. Cart path and some of the amenities could use updates. Restaurant has good food for a good price. Course is always is good shape, Jody and his staff do a great job. I love the layout, no 2 holes are the same. The front is tight, and tree lined, while the back is pretty wide open but puts more emphasis on good approach shots. Greens could be faster but they are always in good shape. Definitely worth a try if you’ve never been.

Always a solid round

Looked like there hasn't been a review in 2 years so figured I would submit one. I've played here 3 or 4 times since September and it's always a great round...however, the most impressive thing is how fast and perfect condition the greens are despite a rough winter and lots of rain...in January and February when most courses greens have been hit hard by winter and can ruin your round, there is no sign of it here and it makes for a fun challenging round...I believe they tarp the greens to achieve this which is great. It's a little bit out of the way for me personally (35-40 min drive) but definitely worth playing especially with the front 9 and back 9 being very different layouts from 2 different architects makes for an interesting challenge. You can also always get a great deal time price on TeeOff.

Needs an updated review

There's not been a review of Lincoln Country Club on GolfAdvisor for a few years, so I thought I'd provide an update. I am a member of LCC and play there often. In August, 2016 I wrote an update/review on the Charlotte, NC BMan website, so I pasted this below. Since that update the greens are much faster even though they are dormant (over 10 on the stimpmeter). I've played a number of courses in the Charlotte region, and I must say that the greens at LCC are the best dormant greens in the area, and better than some bent greens this time of year. Since Nov. 16 the carts have been the path only, so the dormant bermuda fairways are in good shape.

August 4, 2016
This is a review of Lincoln Country Club (LCC), in Lincolnton, NC. LCC is not available as selection on the "Post a Review" section of BMan's website. I'll try not to be too biased, as I am a member of this club. LCC had trouble over the years with maintaining bent greens in the summer, partly due to financial difficulties. LCC was bought by a local business man a few years ago, and my guess is that close to 2 million dollars has been infused into the club. This includes a new swimming pool, clubhouse upgrades, new maintenance equipment, enlarged parking areas, and the golf course itself.
The club was closed from mid May 2016 to the first part of July 2016 for a greens renovation project. The greens were re-sodded with Diamond Zoysia grass, and the contours of some of the greens were upgraded to provide for more possible pin placements. This is the same type grass as that of the greens of Eagle Chase in Marshville, NC. All greens were enlarged some. These greens are very nice and are coming into their own. Their speed should increase throughout the coming months.
The fairways are full, with well defined rough. Most tee boxes are in very good shape, with a few needing some work. I dare say that the golf course is in the best shape that I have ever seen. I have lived on this course since 2001. LCC provides a good variety of holes not necessarily favoring a drawer or fader of the golf ball.
I suspect that most people reading this review are in the Charlotte area, but I would recommend checking out Lincoln Country Club if you get a chance. The food service is excellent, and many locals are choosing LCC for lunch and dinner.

Charlotte Advisor

Straight Hitter Paradise

Was the first off on a Sunday morning. This is not a walkers course as there are long drives between some holes. Course has fairly wide fairways and large mostly flat greens. If you miss with your tee shot, you will find trouble. Straight hitters should be able to score well here. There are a few dogleg holes and a couple with large elevation changes. The greens were in great shape. Fairways and tee boxes were decent. The only problematic areas were those that were in shade most of the time. The 18th hole is kind of a quirky finish. It's almost as if they had room for 17 1/2 holes and had to come up with something to complete 18. I would definitely come back here to play again.

Went downhill

Husband and I took a 6 and 11 year old to play golf for family outing. Was told we couldn't play because we didn't have on collard shirts. Haven't had this problem before. They have lost our business! Staff was rude and could have handled better.

Greens were in great shape and a fun layout!

The greens were in great shape. I know its fall but there was a lot of leaves. The layout is fun and makes you hit different shots of the tee

Easy layout, wide fairways. Not many bunkers.

Was told to start on #10. Had a member senior dogfight that began at 9:30. Greens were very rough. Ball mark on #14(par3) was so noticeable.Created by senior member. We quit tring to putt after 3 holes. As we got to #18(our 9th hole) we saw 3 kids running across the fairway. We teed off and as we approached the ladies tee box, the kids had 2 clubs each. We asked what they were doing, and they said they were from the middle school. Mismanagement and members not setting proper examples Is a definite reason for the courses' condition. We played 9 holes and came home.

Difficulty Extremely Easy

very easy layout. short rough. few sand traps.

Was told to tee off on 10. Seniors(members) were having a dog fight at (9:30). Number 10 green was very rough. Putted and ball bounced along. Ball marks were excessive. Number 14(par3) had a recent ball mark from the senior members so large there was no way someone could of missed it. Management seems to not care,and members are not setting proper examples. As we get to 18 tee box,we see 3 kids crossing the fairway. We hit,and come to the ladies tee and each kid has 2 clubs each. We ask them what their doing, and they say their from the middle school. We finish only 9 holes and drive to the car. We payed $16.00 each, but to see a course mismanaged as it is,to pay any amount is too much.

Difficulty Extremely Easy

This course is challenging, but fair.

We enjoyed this course quite a lot. Great price, great pro shop, and well maintained. The greens were fast and true. The vistas are really nice, too. The pace of play was crisp. Good shots were rewarded for the most part.

Maiden, North Carolina