Year Built 1996

Dress code Collared shirt and no denim.

Bar, Grill

Clubhouse, Banquet Facilities

Nice course, but cooking w/o a mask ?

The course was in good shape for July and some of the staff was nice.
I was shocked to see the staff members cooking burgers and dogs at the turn were not wearing face masks. The club house requires masks for patron when paying yet the folks cooking the food are not ? I asked and they said they were told to wear what is comfortable...

Encounter with Rude Staff Member

I had a shoe blowout. I drove my cart by the food service area to change my shoes. When I was about to tee off a food service employee drove up to my group and began lecturing me for not keeping my cart on the cart path. I explianed why I took the shortcut and that I did not drive my cart on the golf course. She continue to lecture. I told her I understand, but she continued. After we just looked her she finally drove away using the exact same path I had taken. She effectively ruined my day to make a mote point. A ranger said that the employee has had similar encounters in the past with guest. Thanks rude employee.

Commented on 06/01/2020

Hello, thewoodymax. We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. Thank you for choosing Emerald Lake Golf Club. We would love to know how we can earn those last two stars next time!

Beautiful!

very nice course. Wish everything was open but obviously with Coronavirus were limited on amenities. Awesome layout, good mix of difficult and easier holes. Fairways and greens in great shape. Will be playing here more often! Pro shop and take out food staff were lovely!

Commented on 06/01/2020

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences, u361403217. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed from your round with us. Thanks for choosing us!

Commented on 06/01/2020

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences, u314159984449. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed from your round with us. Thanks for choosing us!

Any day golfing is a good day. I think, given the circumstances we live in, the course was in pretty good shape. Kinda windy, but a beautiful day.

Greens were bumpy, but still okay.

Commented on 06/01/2020

Thank you for visiting us at Emerald Lake Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

overpriced

Course is way overpriced for what it is. You can't putt on greens because they are full of divot marks that no one ever repairs. God forbid it rains and you won't be able to hit your mud ball

Commented on 06/01/2020

Hello, u229587996. We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. Thank you for choosing Emerald Lake Golf Club. We would love to know how we can earn those last two stars next time!

Lots of Changes

Since my last visit they have built a new pro shop, cart barn and snack bar and switched the front and back nines. It is a fun layout. The greens had been recently punched so getting the speed right was not easy. Traps were fair. Fairways were a little soft from recent rain. The biggest issue is the driving range. Literally no grass to hit from. Otherwise worth a visit.
There is an issue between the tee times they give out and what Golf Now gives out. For example, the pro shop sold 9:18 to a foursome. GolfNow sold 9:20 to a different foursome. Kind of a coordination issue and apparently it happens a lot.

Commented on 06/01/2020

Hi u988477197. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Emerald Lake Golf Club.

North Carolina Advisor

Overpriced and in Rough Shape

I usually like playing Emerald Lake, but today's conditions were tough. Fairways were either perfect, soggy, or patchy, and the greens were extremely bumpy and slow with tons of ball marks and partially-filled aeration holes. The course definitely needs some TLC before I'd come back to play at the prices they're charging. I wish players would take better care of the course as they were playing, especially around the greens.

OVERALL: 5.7/10

Commented on 06/01/2020

Hello, DenisDotson. We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. Thank you for choosing Emerald Lake Golf Club. We would love to know how we can earn those last two stars next time!

Emerald Lake

Typically a great course to play. Very much over priced for the value of the course. Tee boxes were dirt at times. Greens bad shape. Patchy fairways. Has great potential. Hope they can improve course. Not worth the $$ at this point.

Commented on 05/05/2020

Hello jmillardmd. Thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass along your feedback to the staff so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting us!

Commented on 05/05/2020

Hi Johnpaulchaney. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Emerald Lake Golf Club.

Hot Dogs, Mud and Music!

$7 added fee for your own motor cart
DJ with music at the driving range
They served hot food at the 9th green
Mud everywhere - had to take free drops
Seems the snakes love the mud
I'll go back mid-season!

Commented on 05/05/2020

Lewwwis, we want to hear more about your experience with us! Please call us at (704) 882-7888. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Commented on 05/05/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, mcrews! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Emerald Lake Golf Club!

Commented on 05/05/2020

Hi u387849303. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Emerald Lake Golf Club.

Commented on 05/05/2020

Hi, frankherre. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Emerald Lake Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you at the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Good round

I booked the wrong date in error and luckily the staff was willing to accommodate letting us on with what sounded like an extremely busy day.

We were fortunate to play at a pace that was comfortable and didn’t hold up any other group behind us.

Only thing I didn’t understand was the cart situation. Maybe it is about limits to number of carts, but with Covid 19, most courses are requiring one person per cart. In emerald coves situation, they made it optional, but were actually charging for a second cart. That I don’t understand.

Course was in good shape.

Commented on 05/05/2020

Thank you for your review, absolutphat. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Emerald Lake Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Anonymous

April social distancing

The course was nice. The greens were aereated recently so they were bumpy.
All employees were friendly and helpful
Social distancing was easy. They had set up a refreshment stand outside which was great.
I will come bsck

Commented on 04/09/2020

Hi, PBoyd79. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Emerald Lake Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you at the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Golf Now Rio off

Golf was great but the golf now experience was horrible. Charged twice for the booking and no way to complain. Phones spokling messages and no option to leave a message or speak to someone. Won’t be using this again

Commented on 04/09/2020

Course conditions just okay, good customer service and amenities

Good course but looked a little shabby this time. May have been because of the Covid 19 situation with their labor guys not being available.

Commented on 04/09/2020

Hello, ksingl01. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Matthews, North Carolina
Indian Trail, North Carolina
Indian Trail, North Carolina
Monroe, North Carolina

Valid dates: Jun 06, 2017 - Jun 30, 2020
Let The Ritz-Carlton Reynolds, Lake Oconee create unforgettable Georgia vacations with packages that deliver adventure-filled weekend getaways, unrivaled golf outings or romantic escapes with your significant other.