Year Built 1995
Architect Tom Jackson

Carts Yes - included in green fee

Always a great challenge

I've played Silver Creek Plantation many times, many years ago, when I lived close by. I moved away 8 years ago, so I thought I'd revisit this place, where I remember the greens always being in impeccable shape and really fast. On that note, the course has gone somewhat downhill since I last played it. The greens were still ok, but they've let them grow out a bit, and they are not nearly as fast or true. The course itself is in decent playable shape. There were some fairways that were more like rough, as they needed to be mowed down a bit to play true. Oh, and don't let me forget to mention that the bunkers are virtually unplayable. Well, you can play out of them if you want, at least if you don't mind hard pan conditions.

My interaction with the staff was more along the lines of the unspoken "I'm sort of doing you a favor." attitude from the guy behind the counter. He wasn't rude or anything, but just apathetic to my presence. It was a busy Sunday afternoon, and the logjam of three groups of golfers on the 17th tee had me quitting after 16 holes. Sad too, because I was hot, as I had birdied 15 & 16. Oh well.

I would still recommend this course to others, as it's still worth the $39 you pay on the weekends. It's probably better to have a foursome to play in, rather then trying it solo, as the group of members we ran into were definitely not in a hurry. But as a disclaimer, I play really fast anyway, so pace of play really wasn't abnormal, at least if your barometer is a four hour round.

family golf outing

I found the course to be outstanding and very good condition after green aerification the greens still roll great love this course.

Silver Creek

Bring your A game. Lots of elevation changes and uphill, downhill, sidehilll lies. Hit it straight you can't play this golf course from the rough. This is a fun but challenging layout. Fairways and all tee boxes but 1 were in great shape. The only negative is that they have let the greens get away from them, and they need some work. Top notch staff, and great food.

Hidden Gem

This course was recommended to me by an employee at Mimosa Hills Country Club. I have to say it was one of the nicer courses I've played. Even with the greens being punched 2 weeks prior (they were a little furry but still rolled well) this course was in great shape. You can tell that they have a lot of pride in the course condition. Some of the bunkers were in poor shape, but just don't hit it in the bunker is what I say. The staff was friendly and the drinks were cold. Even the group behind us were members and offered great insight to one of the holes as we let them play through. My friends and I enjoyed it so much that we are playing there again this weekend. If you are an hour away definitely take a look at this course. It will be worth your time. If you've played Rock Barn Jackson course, its very similar, because Tom Jackson designed Silver Creek Plantation. Enjoy!

One of my favorite golf courses

This golf course is one of my favorites to play. It is well laid out with quick greens , challenging course and well taken care of .

course

excellent course very challenging recommend it to anyone

good course

..great golf course to play would recommend this to anyone

Featured

short and fun

Being a long hitter is no advantage at all here. Shot placement's important unless you like side-hill lies. Miss any green long, and nothing good happens. Always in good shape. A real pleasure to play! Staff is very friendly.

Nebo, North Carolina