Type Semi-Private/Resort
Blue (W) 71 5717 yards 73.9 133
Ladies 71 4415 yards 63.5 104
Ladies (W) 71 4415 yards 66.3 112
Scorecard for Nags Head
Championship M: 70.2/128 W: 75.8/139 292 516 126 349 513 147 373 360 359 3035 173 349 431 513 317 221 344 160 583 3091 6126
Blue M: 68.2/123 W: 73.9/133 264 496 110 329 490 128 360 341 343 2861 130 326 411 494 293 202 310 145 545 2856 5717
White M: 66.7/114 W: 72.1/129 246 470 110 312 457 115 324 325 329 2688 112 306 395 463 273 183 282 130 522 2666 5354
Red M: 63.5/104 W: 66.3/112 211 414 109 260 401 109 292 292 277 2365 109 212 290 382 213 133 191 98 422 2050 4415

Year Built 1987
Greens Bent L93 Grass
Architect Jerry Turner Bob Moore (1988)

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in North Carolina (2017 #25)

Reliable Good Golf

For a winter golf outing, we had a great time!

Course is in very good condition with work on some holes to keep conditions up to standard.

Bunkers maintained and greens predictable.

Don't pass it up if you get a chance to play it!

Commented On 2019-01-02T19:29:04.000+00:00

Excellent! We're glad that you enjoyed your round with us. We appreciate your review and we look forward to having you back again soon!

Commented On 2018-12-16T17:05:27.000+00:00

Outstanding! Glad you enjoyed your experience with us!

Thanksgiving

We get together every year at Thanksgiving and this course is one of the items on the "must do" list. Several holes on the ocean and always has wind on the course. Lots of diversity and a godd challaege

Commented On 2018-11-22T14:17:28.000+00:00

Excellent! We're thrilled that you enjoyed our course and the challenge it presented. We're honored that you consider us a must do and we can't wait to have you back again soon at Nags Head!

Excellent

Great layout in excellent conditions, fast greens. Very friendly staff. Highly recommend

Commented On 2018-11-14T16:18:05.000+00:00

Excellent! We're thrilled that you enjoyed our course conditions and the challenge of our layout. We're also glad that our staff left a great impression on you. We can't wait to have you back again soon at Nags Head!

Response from Nags Head Golf Links on 10/12/2018:
Great! Glad you enjoyed your time with us!

Course was in great shape, had a great round on a great day. Would refer to anyone.

Response from Nags Head Golf Links on 10/12/2018:
Fantastic! We're thrilled that our course conditions met your expectations and that you had a great round with us. We can't wait to have you back again soon at Nags Head!

Great Fun

I had the pleasure of playing in the Member Guest Tournament on September 28 - 30, 2018, and my experience was, in a word, TERRIFIC. Everything was top notch: beautiful links course, attentive and friendly staff, great food and the marvelous Carolina blue skies. The only negative thing I have to say about my A+ experience is that my golf game was not quite up to par, which is all on me, but even so, Nags Head Golf Links was TERRIFIC in all respects.

Response from Nags Head Golf Links on 10/03/2018:
Excellent! We're glad that you enjoyed your time with us during our Member Guest Tournament. We're pleased that our course conditions met your expectations and that our staff left a great impression on you. We look forward to having you back again soon for your next round!
Response from Nags Head Golf Links on 09/28/2018:
Awesome! Come back soon!

Links Challenge

Fairways and greens in excellent condition. Greens are medium fast. They run very true. Rough made up of Bermuda grass and scrub bushes. Staying in fairways rewards you with a good score several blind or obstructed vision shots. Suggest GPS to get yardage. Some very narrow places in fairways and it is somewhat necessary to place positions to score well. Very interesting and challenging and fun. Recommend highly. Check golf now for discounted rates

Response from Nags Head Golf Links on 09/25/2018:
Wonderful! We're glad that our course conditions met your expectations and that you enjoyed the challenge of our layout. We appreciate your review and we look forward to having you back again soon for your next round!

Truly spectacular day of golf!

The course is in amazing shape and offers a challenging layout. Nags Head Golf Links can get narrow on you with a few of the holes, making you use every club in the bag. The staff is great and very friendly. If you're really feeling up to it, play the black tees..

Response from Nags Head Golf Links on 09/20/2018:
Outstanding! We're glad that our course conditions met your expectations and that our staff left a great impression on you. We can't wait to have you back again soon for your next round at Nags Head!

Another good round

Second time we played this week. Hot deals on GolfNow saved us a ton.

Again, the staff was terrific. Nobody either in front of us holding up play or pushing from behind.

Challenging but fun. The course is in bequtiful shape for this time of year.

Response from Nags Head Golf Links on 09/18/2018:
Fantastic! We're thrilled that you enjoyed our course and that our staff left a great impression on you. We're also glad that you found us to be a good value. We can't wait to have you back again soon for your next round at Nags Head!

Water coolers empty on a 90 degree day

Nice course, but they dropped the ball on keeping the water coolers full. All were empty until I called to complain. I enjoyed the front nine, but felt like I was gonna die on the back nine from dehydration. Ended up having to grab water out of the bathroom sinks. Didn't enjoy the middle of my round.

Response from Nags Head Golf Links on 09/10/2018:
Thank you for your review! We're glad that you enjoyed our course but we apologize that you didn't fully enjoy your experience with us. We would love to speak to you about your time with with us. Please reach out to us at nagsheadgolflinks@gmail.com at your earliest convenience. Thank you again and we look forward to speaking with you!

Great first time

Three of us decided to play the course instead of on of the other OBX courses and were very happy with the decision.

Fairways and greens were in excellent shape but players need to be more thoughtful as there were a LOT of unrepaired ball marks on the greens.

Staff was attentive and very friendly.

Will definitely return for another round.

Response from Nags Head Golf Links on 09/04/2018:
Terrific! We're glad that our course conditions met your expectations and that our staff left a great impression on you. We appreciate your review and we look forward to having you back again soon for your next round with us!

Great round for the golfnow price!

Nice course. Beautiful shape. Several holes run along side the water. Pricey for the regular price but if you can find a deal, it’s awesome.

Response from Nags Head Golf Links on 08/27/2018:
Excellent! We're glad that our course conditions met your expectations and that you found us to be a good value. We look forward to having you back again soon for your next round with us!

Great experience

I have played this course several times, but this was probably my best experience. I've always found the staff to be helpful and courteous, and that was certainly true this time. There were rangers throughout the course trying to ensure pace of play was kept up. I played as a single. They did try to pair me up, but I played faster than the group they suggested.

The course was in great condition despite a lot of recent rain that was so severe, the driving range was closed. The greens were in great condition, and the improvements to the seventh and eighth holes are outstanding. My gripes about both holes have been addressed. The second shot on number 7 is much better now that it's not a blind shot down a hill. On 8, you don't have to worry about hitting other groups you couldn't see when the approach to the hole was blocked by trees. It was a great experience all the way around. The staff was attentive and courteous, and one staffer even let me use his cell phone to call my wife to get me when I realized I left mine behind. This will be my first choice for all future golf in the Outer Banks.

Response from Nags Head Golf Links on 08/14/2018:
Wonderful! We're thrilled that you enjoyed your experience with us and that our staff left a great impression on you. We're also glad that our course conditions met your expectations. We appreciate your review and we can't wait to have you back again soon the next time you are in the OBX!
Response from Nags Head Golf Links on 08/07/2018:
Terrific! Come back soon!

Nice layout but tight

Through no fault of the golf course the back nine was closed due to heavy rain the night before. It would have been nice to know that instead of finding out once I arrived. I did get a reduced rate but ended up playing behind many groups when I played the front nine a second time. They could have done a better job linking me up instead of sending me out as a single and waiting the entire nine holes.

The starter basically ignored me when I was waiting to play talking to the ranger even though there was no one else around. Finally looked at my ticket and said I cannot read to note the clubhouse wrote on it and told me to just go but don't bother the member playing in front of me.

I liked the challenge of the course but the staff and cost put me off.

Response from Nags Head Golf Links on 08/07/2018:
Thank you for your review! We're glad that you enjoyed the challenge of our course but we apologize that our staff didn't leave a great impression on you. We strive to make sure all of our guests have an enjoyable experience with us. We would love to speak to you about your time with with us. Please reach out to us at nagsheadgolflinks@gmail.com at your earliest convenience. Thank you again and we look forward to speaking with you!

Short, but tough

If you want an accuracy challenge, this is the course you need to play. Don’t let it’s size fool you, long and short hitters alike will be challenged. You’ll hit a variety of clubs off the tees. Keep it in the short grass, or pay the price. There is very little rough, you’re either in the fairway or bushes most of the time. You also have marshy areas to deal with. I played here twice during my vacation week. 1st Time, course was saturated due to the heavy rains the area had seen for a week straight. It still was in great shape and the greens ran true. The 2nd Time, I had to face the wind. And boy, did she blow. Played 2 to 3 clubs different depending on how exposed to the sound you were. Carry plenty of balls if you play in the wind.

I’ve played this course 3 times over my 2 visits to the area, and will gladly play it again when I return. Friendly staff (major shout out to the starter/ranger) and a very well maintained course.

I only had 2 complaints about the course.

1. Range is for members only. The range is short, so they use the foam training balls. I was told they were having trouble acquiring them, thus the members only policy. They may want to consider putting in some warm up nets and mats if this continues to be an issue. Us older folks need our warm up.

2. My Fellow Golfers, FIX YOUR BALL MARKS ON THE GREENS! Can’t blame the course for this one. I was consistently fixing ball marks on the greens. I fixed 5 (not including mine) on one of the greens, and probably averaged 2-3 (again, not including mine) per green.

Response from Nags Head Golf Links on 08/07/2018:
Outstanding! We're thrilled that you enjoyed our course and the challenge it presented. We're also glad that our staff left a great impression but we apologize that you had to fix ball marks other than your own. We do our best to make sure our golfers know this is an expectations and we appreciate your feedback. We look forward to having you back again soon for your next round with us!

Well maintained

We have had over 18 inches of rain in the days leading up to our tee date and found the course in excellent condition considering. Weekend play this time of year is pretty open and you can play at your own pace.

Response from Nags Head Golf Links on 07/30/2018:
Great! We're glad that you enjoyed our course conditions despite all the rain we've had. We're also pleased that you were able to play at a good pace. We appreciate your review and we look forward to having you back again soon for your next round with us!
Response from Nags Head Golf Links on 07/30/2018:
Excellent! Come back soon!
Kitty Hawk, North Carolina