Type Semi-Private/Resort
Style Links
Nags Head Golf Links

Year Built 1986
Greens Bent L93 Grass
Architect Jerry Turner Bob Moore (1986)

Dress code Appropriate golf attire

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in North Carolina (2017 #25)

Outstanding!

If you are in the vicinity of Nags Head Golf Links-GO! There are five sets of tees for all golf levels. Spectacular views of the inter coastal sound. Fantastic layout, tight grass fairways, smooth puttable greens. Challenging but fair. Enjoy!

Commented on 12/02/2019

Outstanding! Thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Nags Head Golf Links.

Right in the sound gorgeous and quite the challenge.

Great virw of the sound. Bring lots of balls. Trouble everywhere. Short bit the trouble makes it difficult. 6100 from the tips. The wind is also a major factor. Fun, tough course. Nice greens.

Commented on 11/27/2019

Fantastic! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Nags Head Golf Links. We look forward to seeing you at the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Don

Nice lay out tough into wind in very good condition

Commented on 11/04/2019

Great! Thank you for visiting us at Nags Head Golf Links. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 10/30/2019

Wonderful! Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon at Nags Head Golf Links!

Not a vacation course

Course was in very good condition, but for playing when just on vacation for the first time there is too much prior knowledge required. Blind shots, narrow fairways, unknown landing areas, etc. Other layouts on obx are more desirable for first time players.

Commented on 10/29/2019

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We appreciate your feedback and we hope you'll give us another try in the future. Thanks for visiting Nags Head Golf Links.

Links style course
Very good condition, especially after the heavy rain in the morning. Very windy, but that's a given due to the location of being near the ocean and on the bay.

Commented on 10/21/2019

Nice fall day on the course

I enjoyed this course, which I have played several times before. The greens were the challenge since they had recently been aerated and sanded, however, that was noted in the GolfNow app so I expected it. The rest of the course was in great shape. With the hot temperatures I appreciated the water coolers which allowed me to refill my water bottles to stay hydrated.

Commented on 10/04/2019

Course vs treatment

While a very scenic course usually in good shape, not the friendliest staff and members. After stopping and making time days before member was given priority that morning. Member was not very polite. Not planning to go back.

Commented on 09/27/2019

Awesome! We're glad that you enjoyed our course but we apologize that our staff and members didn't leave a great impression on you. We would love to speak with you more about your experience. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Nags Head Golf Links.

Fun course to play

Interesting on each hole. Short holes have tricks and long holes are fair. Some holes give you choice to lay up or go for it. Just a fun course to play.

Commented on 09/27/2019

Excellent! Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon at Nags Head Golf Links!

Commented on 10/01/2019

Awesome! Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Nags Head Golf Links.

Commented on 09/23/2019

3 Days after Hurricane Dorian

Course was in very good shape just after Dorian and a subsequent inch of rain 2 days later. Only downside is that the staff could not care one way or the other if you came or not.

Commented on 09/12/2019

Awesome! We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Nags Head Golf Links.

Nags Head

Very pretty course and in surprisingly good shape considering they had just been through a hurricane and a day of down pouring rain, the crew they have there deserve a lot of credit for all the hard work to get the course ready for play. Thank You I had a wonderful time

Commented on 09/12/2019

Great layout and the staff were very friendly. Pace of play was a bit slow primarily due to the two groups ahead of us. Also, a threesome cut in front of us at the turn (we were a twosome) talking trash about the group in front of us not letting us play through (group in front of us we’re a pair of husbands and wives, who’s wives seemed to never had played golf before, so expecting them to let us play through was wishful thinking) but we were all at the 10th t box, and not only did they jump in front of us, they mostly played terrible as well, AND, didn’t let us play through either. I still don’t understand how or why golfers of this ability play at these expressive courses and apparently never heard of a driving range. Ranger did what he could. The greens were overly sandy even though this is a shore course but other areas were well kept. all and all a great time at a great layout. I definitely will be back.

Commented on 08/26/2019

Great! We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Nags Head Golf Links.

Nags Head Golf Links

I have vacationed on the Outer Banks off and on for 25 years and I never miss the opportunity to play Nags Head whenever I am down there. Love the course and this year I got hooked up with 3 younger guys and enjoyed it immensely. I have always found the course in great condition and this year was no exception.

Commented on 10/16/2019

Fantastic! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Nags Head Golf Links and that you keep coming to play our course. We look forward to seeing you back at Nags Head for many years to come!

Commented on 08/21/2019

Awesome! Thank you for visiting us at Nags Head Golf Links. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Very nicely laid out course for a good price. Carts and course is well taken care of. The staff was friendly with the exception of "Stu". This old man needs to be drinking some whiskey on the course to take off his edge. Told us to make sure we kept up the pace and only look for a lost ball no more than 1 minute because they were booked. It was a midday Monday and no one behind us all day. Get a new greeter.

Commented on 08/21/2019

Commented on 08/19/2019

Great, challenging

It’s not long, but the holes are challenging, with dog legs, narrowing fairways, well placed bunkers and water, etc. Fun to figure out. Only made it thru 14 before the hard rains washed out any chance of putting.

Commented on 08/19/2019

Outstanding! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Nags Head Golf Links. We're sorry that you got rained out, but we look forward to seeing you at the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Tough layout

I played this course while vacationing in Nags Head. It was reasonably priced for the area and had some unique features. I would recommend stocking up on golf balls before heading out. I would definitely play again.

Commented on 10/17/2019