A view of a hole at Nags Head Golf Links.

Type Semi-Private/Resort
Style Links
Nags Head Golf Links

Year Built 1986
Greens Bent L93 Grass
Architect Jerry Turner Bob Moore (1986)

Dress code Appropriate golf attire

Bar, Restaurant

Clubhouse, Banquet Facilities

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in North Carolina (2017 #25)

Difficult Course

We played this course during Thanksgiving week 2020. Course layout was great and very challenging. The fairways are narrow and not very forgiving, and with the wind we had that day, it’s made for a really difficult course. Nevertheless, we had a great time, just had to go through a few balls to get there!

Commented on 11/25/2020

Outstanding! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Nags Head Golf Links. We look forward to seeing you on the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Commented on 11/16/2020

Terrific! Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Nags Head Golf Links.

Challenging Course

A little pricey for this time of year but a challenging course and in excellent shape.

Commented on 11/11/2020

Awesome! We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Nags Head Golf Links.

Great track, play it!!

Short tight lap winding around the sound. Greens are firm and roll true, fairways are well kept. Ranger was out in the course making sure play was moving. Finished in just under 4 hours but it felt like we were waiting every shot. Overall it was a wonderful time with my sons at our first time there. Highly recommended and I look forward to going back to play.

Commented on 11/09/2020

Wonderful! Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Nags Head Golf Links.

Course was in pristine condition. Pace of play was excellent.

Commented on 11/09/2020

Outstanding! Thank you for your kind words. We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Nags Head Golf Links.

Return to the Links

Nice to go back to a course you played more than 25 years ago ... although I could not remember a single hole. Played in somewhat windy conditions. Enjoyed the layout as it made you work the ball off the tees to get into position. Not a grip it and rip it course with trouble lurking left and right or hazards within driving distance off the teeboxes. Greens were in excellent shape and putts rolled well. The course Staff was super friendly.

Commented on 10/30/2020

Fall Golf @ Nags Head GC

Great condition. Pace of play was good. Challenging but fair golf course.

Commented on 10/26/2020

Commented on 10/22/2020

Commented on 10/20/2020

Commented on 10/19/2020

Great! Thank you for visiting us at Nags Head Golf Links. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Nags Head golf links is a fabulous layout! Not long yet makes you think off the tee . Greens run true and fast.

Commented on 10/19/2020

Excellent! Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Nags Head Golf Links.

Good course

Loved the course but not a true links course. Played very well. Good challenging course . I will definitely play it again.I

Commented on 10/16/2020

Beautiful

Great picturesque layout! We had an awesome round!

Commented on 10/19/2020

Wonderful! Thank you for your kind words. We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Nags Head Golf Links.

Great course, exceptionally slow

Course was in excellent condition with beautiful views and challenging layout. Plays as a true links course, leave the driver in the bag. Greens had been aerated the previous day but still playable. Unfortunately our round came in right around 5 hours which is ridiculous. The ranger came out to speed things along but ultimately there were way too many tee times. Would definitely recommend but cut a few tee times out.

Commented on 10/12/2020

Rude in the clubhouse

I paid $83 to play and the guy in the pro shop never mentioned that they were aerating the greens. That is something that he should mentioned before you i paid. He was very unfriendly too.
The starter was very nice and other than the greens, the course was in great shape.

Commented on 10/09/2020

Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back at Nags Head Golf Links!

Commented on 10/14/2020

Fantastic! Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Nags Head Golf Links.

Really Enjoyed Nags Head Golf Links For The Past 2 Weeks!

I decided to take my family to do remote work and do remote learning at a house in the Village of Nags Head for 2 weeks. Start early, work a full day, and play 9 holes often. I played Nags Head Golf Links around 7 times with the majority of the time on the front 9. The course is in incredible shape and the staff is extremely friendly. My wife joined me twice and was able to see the Village of Nags Head from the golf course (front 9 and back 9), which is absolutely beautiful! The staff allowed me to go off the back nine so my wife could see it, which was so nice.

The golf course is challenging, but a lot of fun. Be sure to watch for days with low wind. I played on days with low wind and higher winds, so if you can't hit the ball straight be careful on those windy days.

The course is an an absolute pleasure and I'll remember my 2 weeks in the Village of Nags Head and playing the Links of Nags Head for a long time.

Commented on 10/05/2020

Played the course many times. Was in the best condition I’ve ever seen it.

Commented on 09/28/2020

Fantastic! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Nags Head Golf Links. We look forward to seeing you on the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Kitty Hawk, North Carolina