Harbour Pointe Golf Club

Year Built 1985

Single Allowed No
Dress code Proper golf attire.

Available Activities

Swimming

Course in good overall shape...

Third time playing this year and this most recent round was the best year to date. The recent repairs to 11 are complete and the hole plays well.

The greens are fast but do have bare places. The fairways are in excellent shape with excellent roll out. I typically play this course about 10 times a year, so I get to see its year-round face. Would recommend it for a good day of golf. The water views are okay - not outstanding. Holes are somewhat predictable - but fun to play.

The staff is always courteous and outgoing. Will be back to play again soon as our men’s group does a monthly 9 hole super ball round.

Great vacation golf

Soft yet fast greens. There was a tournament ahead of us so they accommodated us by having us tee off the back nine. We zoomed through much of the course until we caught up. Then halted for a few holes. Then off to the races again for a four hour round. Greens are fast even though some of the source is soft from the rain. Very well kept. We were a little tired of the dog legs, but that is pine country here in NC. Tee boxes are in good condition. Pro shop staff are very helpful. We didn’t stop by the club house after. They didn’t have a refreshment cart on the course. There were a couple of holes with vistas of the waterway. Although not as much as we’d hoped for with a name like Harbour Point. Water in play on several holes. bunkers are average. Hard from the rain the night before. Fairways in excellent condition. Well done!

Worth a second try...

This was my fourth Craven County course in week. You have to drive on the road with your cart a few times to find the next holes. For a "gated" community, I expected more professional, high end direction signs. It was even hard to find the club house. As noted by others, VERY FRIENDLY staff. The gentleman stated the course was in great shape except the 11th hole fairway (par 3) was closed for major repairs. The substitution was a 80 foot down hill chip (tee shot) toward the water. Oh well. The driving range was GREAT! And now for the round. The tee boxes were ok. Most, if not all, of the fairways were plugged. Most of the greens were in rough shape compared to the other local courses. I would not have gone had I known the 11th was closed and the fairways were plugged. I really liked the layout though, and will go again. I'll just call first!

Such an Improvement!!

I have played this course several time over the past 5 years and can tell that there has been a significant effort into improving the course! As an example, a few years ago the cart paths were so bad you could not get the cart through without beating up your body, now they are smooth and is a non - issue! Great Job on getting the course back in shape after the hurricane.

Wet when played

Fun track , unfortunately played it after rain, greens still in good shape . Staff was very friendly and food was decent.

Worth the drive

The overall experience of our foursome was outstanding. The staff (Jean) was perhaps the best example of how to treat people and make them feel welcome we have ever witnessed. She was so accommodating, cheerful and a joy to be around. She has set the bar very high. She was able to wear many hats: check in, bar service, pro shop sales and starter; and be so pleasant. The tee boxes and fairways were top notch, the greens rolled true and the course layout was both fun to explore and challenging.

Extremely short. Bad greens.

This is a fairway iron course. There are 2-3 holes total that you can use a driver/Fairway wood/hybrid to tee off with. The rest of them are extremely short fairways that turn at right angles. Not saying it’s a bad thing but it gets irritating after awhile. The greens were in rough condition. They had little patches of grass sprouting randomly throughout the greens causing the ball to jump 4-5 inches off line. I would like to see GPS on the golf carts as well to allow you to see how far each fairway is and where the next hole is because it is extremely difficult to find the next hole. You have to drive down the road for probably a quarter of a mile to get to the next hole. Not necessarily the best if you haven’t been there before. Overall this could have been a better course had I know going into it that the fairways are very very very short.

For what this course went through during Hurricane Florence, it was in remarkable shape. Fairways need to be greened up a bit and cart paths are under sporadic renewal. Overall I really liked the course, it was challenging and the greens were in very good condition. I will play this course again and again.

Commented on 07/31/2019

Thanks for your review. We appreciate your feedback and are looking forward to seeing you again soon.

last minute

Great deal using last minute sign-up with golf now.

Commented on 07/31/2019

Thanks for your review! We hope to see you again soon.

Nice Layout

We really enjoyed the course layout it was very good for our 11 year old son and his rookie mom and dad. Unfortunately because of all the rain conditions were a little rough but that would be any course after that much rain. We will definitely go back the next time we are in the area. One warning be careful with the times Golf Now allows you to book a tee time, we booked 18 holes with cart at 5:48 tee time, but all carts have to be in by 7:30pm. We only got to play 9 holes, but was not the fault of the club I think that should be noted on the app when booking.

All in all a decent course

Decent course for the money. Staff very friendly and helpful...

Coming Back

This course has come a long way in the last 5 years.

Good condition, traps need work but the course has a lot of member support working towards improvement.
Fun to play.

nice day

The cart paths are pretty rugged and the lies on the edges are likewise rugged. The greens were spongy but very quick...deceptively quick. They are not the deep green color but they were consistent. The course winds through a neighborhood and it's nice to look at the houses.

Sand and water

This is a nice course with some narrow but long fairways. Some are bordered by water for much of the length. When you get near the greens you have the traps to contend with. In general the course is in good shape and plays well. We were out in the afternoon so the greens were a little fast

Play it more than once to appreciate

Spoke with the General Manager when making the turn during my second time playing the course. Explained how the course just reopened 5 years ago after being nelected by the previous owner. Something about a legal fight between the home owners and the course.

Well, for only 5 years of having maintence the course is on its way to making a great recovery. The greens when played were fantastic. Quick, smooth and rolled true. The aprons were the same and in many cases if you were off the green, you could easily putt the ball to the hole.

The bunkers were okay, though I never found myself in one. The fairways were in great shape and when played allowed for plentu of roll on any shot landing in the fairway.

The only downside were the cart paths. But should be expected from any golfer who has palyed a course where trees are intertwined with the cart path. Tree roots have pushed a great portion of the path up.

A second round I would recommend to improve your scoring. Obtain and trust their yardage book.

We enjoyed the golf course very much. Greens rolled true and were faster than they looked. Fairways were good also. Pace of play was excellent around 3 hours (we had a twosome and played thru 1 group). Great value for the money. If I'm in the area again I would absolutely play it again.

Very nice layout, great money value!

As a resident of Havelock NC, Harbour Pointe has been on my bucket list for a while. It's out in the middle of nowhere but worth the drive.

I found the staff (well I saw one staff member, who cooked my hot dog, took my greens fees and was washing carts when I got done.) She was exceptionally nice to me and made sure I knew everything about the facility.

Many of the low reviews on here are kinda questionable in my mind. I found the course to be very enjoyable and challenging. Yeah the cart paths are pretty bad no doubt but I don't judge a course by cart paths. The fairways and greens were and traps in pretty darn good shape. I did find that I had to pretty much whack the ball as they were playing on the slow side.

The best part is the $20 fee after 1PM!

I will definitely return to Harbour Pointe and you should go too! Try it at least once, I really think you will find it worth the drive.

Fun course to play

The course layout was great, lots of traps , water and excellent greens. Very playable. Cart paths in many places are bumpy due to tree root growth. Staff very friendly.

Havelock, North Carolina