Harbour Pointe Golf Club
Yellow 72 5642 yards 66.2 109
Scorecard for Harbour Pointe Golf Club
Gold M: 72.0/130 335 493 178 532 446 200 506 342 177 3209 383 190 517 369 439 404 367 168 531 3368 6577
Blue M: 69.6/121 316 466 156 505 405 176 485 304 153 2966 359 179 490 339 396 381 342 143 499 3128 6094
White M: 68.0/115 W: 71.6/123 296 440 140 489 385 146 455 271 139 2761 330 152 474 295 365 355 324 114 472 2881 5642
Red W: 69.9/120 252 339 108 421 339 128 388 233 121 2329 305 132 449 283 324 324 296 87 459 2659 4988

Year Built 1985

Single Allowed No
Dress code Proper golf attire.

For what this course went through during Hurricane Florence, it was in remarkable shape. Fairways need to be greened up a bit and cart paths are under sporadic renewal. Overall I really liked the course, it was challenging and the greens were in very good condition. I will play this course again and again.

GMharbourpointe
Commented On 07/31/2019

Thanks for your review. We appreciate your feedback and are looking forward to seeing you again soon.

last minute

Great deal using last minute sign-up with golf now.

GMharbourpointe
Commented On 07/31/2019

Thanks for your review! We hope to see you again soon.

Nice Layout

We really enjoyed the course layout it was very good for our 11 year old son and his rookie mom and dad. Unfortunately because of all the rain conditions were a little rough but that would be any course after that much rain. We will definitely go back the next time we are in the area. One warning be careful with the times Golf Now allows you to book a tee time, we booked 18 holes with cart at 5:48 tee time, but all carts have to be in by 7:30pm. We only got to play 9 holes, but was not the fault of the club I think that should be noted on the app when booking.

All in all a decent course

Decent course for the money. Staff very friendly and helpful...

Coming Back

This course has come a long way in the last 5 years.

Good condition, traps need work but the course has a lot of member support working towards improvement.
Fun to play.

nice day

The cart paths are pretty rugged and the lies on the edges are likewise rugged. The greens were spongy but very quick...deceptively quick. They are not the deep green color but they were consistent. The course winds through a neighborhood and it's nice to look at the houses.

Sand and water

This is a nice course with some narrow but long fairways. Some are bordered by water for much of the length. When you get near the greens you have the traps to contend with. In general the course is in good shape and plays well. We were out in the afternoon so the greens were a little fast

Play it more than once to appreciate

Spoke with the General Manager when making the turn during my second time playing the course. Explained how the course just reopened 5 years ago after being nelected by the previous owner. Something about a legal fight between the home owners and the course.

Well, for only 5 years of having maintence the course is on its way to making a great recovery. The greens when played were fantastic. Quick, smooth and rolled true. The aprons were the same and in many cases if you were off the green, you could easily putt the ball to the hole.

The bunkers were okay, though I never found myself in one. The fairways were in great shape and when played allowed for plentu of roll on any shot landing in the fairway.

The only downside were the cart paths. But should be expected from any golfer who has palyed a course where trees are intertwined with the cart path. Tree roots have pushed a great portion of the path up.

A second round I would recommend to improve your scoring. Obtain and trust their yardage book.

We enjoyed the golf course very much. Greens rolled true and were faster than they looked. Fairways were good also. Pace of play was excellent around 3 hours (we had a twosome and played thru 1 group). Great value for the money. If I'm in the area again I would absolutely play it again.

Very nice layout, great money value!

As a resident of Havelock NC, Harbour Pointe has been on my bucket list for a while. It's out in the middle of nowhere but worth the drive.

I found the staff (well I saw one staff member, who cooked my hot dog, took my greens fees and was washing carts when I got done.) She was exceptionally nice to me and made sure I knew everything about the facility.

Many of the low reviews on here are kinda questionable in my mind. I found the course to be very enjoyable and challenging. Yeah the cart paths are pretty bad no doubt but I don't judge a course by cart paths. The fairways and greens were and traps in pretty darn good shape. I did find that I had to pretty much whack the ball as they were playing on the slow side.

The best part is the $20 fee after 1PM!

I will definitely return to Harbour Pointe and you should go too! Try it at least once, I really think you will find it worth the drive.

Fun course to play

The course layout was great, lots of traps , water and excellent greens. Very playable. Cart paths in many places are bumpy due to tree root growth. Staff very friendly.

Overall a good course and good value for the money

Course good, long, great layout, great greens

Worst cart path I have ever seen...will need a chiropractor after your round

4 Wheeling at it's Best

The title refers to the cart paths which are so bad, never seen anything quite like them. Having played the finest courses in the world, this was the first time a course charged a rider fee for my wife, why?? The course itself is okay, some holes, especially the back nine are good, the front nine not so much starting with #1. Greens had probably been done a few weeks ago and they were not cutting them well so putts were so slow and quite bouncy. Many tee boxes had grass that was ankle high with weeds. If you are close and want a quick round, probably okay but a bit sad overall.

Good Golf Course with Nice Setting

I enjoyed the course. I will play again. Great value.

Tennessee Advisor

A little better than a muni

This course is nestled between pines and winds it way around a subdivision. The trees get in you way more than the homes.

The course was in poor condition. While the fairways and greens were OK, there were plenty of bare spots around the edges. The greens were firm and putted OK (except for the few greens that needed some serious attention.)

As for the course, if you are a longer hitter (say 240+ on your drives) there are many holes that you will need a 3 or 5 wood off the tee (even from the back tees). That's a real shame. It is very annoying to hit a fairly decent drive only to find out you ran out of fairway and are in the woods because the dogleg turns severely left or right. Lots of water comes into play as well, If this is a new course for you, take a few looks at the layout before starting each hole.

The clubhouse is minimalist. The staff is friendly. Overall, a C+ site.

kvnGun4Zx7dAdYwiPed8
Commented On 11/28/2018

I played the course in September 2018. I would say things were very much the same as this review outlines. I was hoping for better based on other reviews but no luck.

We like this course. Winds through the neighborhood but most houses are not directly adjacent. The staff are friendly and helpful.

Really good course

Course was really wet in spot making it hard to compress the ball on every shot. I know we had a lot of rain recently I don't know if that was the problem or if it was over watered. The last time I play it was in excellent condition and the food was great the staff has always been great. I will definitely be back again just when the area is dry. A very challenging course with great holes

What happened?

I last played this course a couple of years after it opened several times and it was a great golf round. Not anymore. The greens for the most part are in good condition, but there is a serious shortage of grass in the fairways and on several tee boxes. If you are looking for a lot of roll out in your ball, no problem, little grass to slow down the ball. I understand Billy Casper Golf Management is looking after the facility and needs to work hard and fast or this course may not make it. Unless you get a real coupon discount, there are too many other better options in the area to play here. Even the range needs serious help. Such a shame

TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE

I would like to preface my review by saying I did not if fact play this golf course due to refusal of the staff. Now, this past weekend my friends and I decided to try a new course. We had reviewed the Harbour Point Golf Club website and we decided we would give it a try. At this point it's important to note that there was no mention of a dress code policy on the website. The morning of our reservation we drove a little over an hour to arrive 30 min early (8:15am), giving us plenty of time to check-in and use the putting green. As we were checking in the staff member informed us that one of our party members' attire violates their dress code policy, he was wearing blue jeans which they don't allow. After about 5 minutes of pleading our case, explaining that we were new customers from out of town, we had drove over an hour, and never saw any notice of a dress code on their own website... The woman callously responds, "well I need my job". That was essentially the end of the conversation, with us astonishingly confirming that she was willing to turn away 4 new customers and $130 over a pair of blue jeans. I think given the circumstances an exception should've been made.

Commented On 05/06/2018

I don't know...seems like the no jeans rule is just standard golf attire that just about all golf courses follow.

Great Value for the Money

Challenging course--friendly staff. Well worth playing.

Havelock, North Carolina