Scorecard for River Ridge Golf Club
Black M: 72.4/138 398 163 432 549 375 523 395 362 189 3386 414 315 375 541 410 173 485 197 473 3383 6769
Blue M: 70.1/130 W: 77.1/146 362 150 410 480 335 485 369 345 173 3109 392 290 340 508 375 154 419 157 462 3097 6206
White M: 68.5/120 W: 73.9/135 331 120 379 438 300 470 350 325 155 2868 355 270 319 464 350 142 389 144 455 2888 5756
Gold M: 66.8/115 W: 72.0/127 319 111 314 410 288 449 300 291 142 2624 321 260 285 456 338 129 364 140 437 2730 5354
Red M: 63.5/108 W: 68.6/118 292 94 280 383 265 417 288 284 136 2439 313 223 270 366 312 124 292 124 256 2280 4719

Year Built 1997
Fairways Bermuda
Greens MiniVerde Bermuda
Architect Chuck Smith

Dress code Collared shirts, long pants or bermuda shorts No cut-offs, tank tops, jeans.

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in North Carolina (2016 #19)

Entertaining Clients 7

First timer

It was short notice but I was cordially invited out to play without a tee time. I was given the online rate without booking online and was told course was aerated last week. Round was well worth the money and even though it was a 100 degrees there was plenty of cool water available on the course.

beautiful course. great layout. Greens need to recover from airation but my new favorite in RTP area.

Commented On 07/18/2019

Hello, thanks for the great review! We're happy to hear you enjoyed your round and appreciate your patience while we keep the conditions of the course up to par for the rest of the season by aerifying. We hope to see you again for another round soon! Thanks for playing River Ridge Golf Club.

Great course buts greens had been punched

No warning when I booked, you may want to call and find out green conditions before booking.

Commented On 07/18/2019

Hello, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We did recently undergo aerification and apologize if you weren't informed prior to booking that this is the case. We are going to pass your feedback along so we can work to make changes. Thanks for playing River Ridge Golf Club and we hope to see you again for another round soon.

Aerated

Course aerated on Monday and this was not disclosed. Played on Wednesday. Not what I expected.

Commented On 07/11/2019

Hello, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We apologize that you weren't informed prior to your round that we had aerated the course. We have passed your feedback along to our management team to make changes moving forward. We hope this doesn't deter you from returning for another round soon. Thanks for playing River Ridge Golf Club.

River Ridge Golf Course

Beautiful course and well maintain. Some challenging holes and I like that. Will definitely return.

Commented On 07/09/2019

Richard6298123, thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing River Ridge Golf Club.

Commented On 07/02/2019

Thanks for the great review, Ben! We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again for another round soon. Thanks for playing River Ridge Golf Club.

Great shape.

Fairways, Tees, Greens, and traps are all in excellent shape.
The greens were rolling a little slower than in the past but that is because of the heat and the additional watering and being mowed a little higher to protect. One of the best Semi-Private golf courses in the Triangle Area.

Staff is both friendly and effective

River runs through it

Course is about 30 minutes from Raleigh heading East. 10 minutes of the interstate. Staff a little stuffy about out of town players. My dues were not paid in advance so I had to go back to the car to retrieve my wallet. Course is short but fun to play. Greens are in good shape hardly any high ruff to hit out of. Pat fours are short so you must lay up because of the clever use of natural resources.

Commented On 07/02/2019

Hi omr7483. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing River Ridge Golf Club.

Awesome day

First time at this wonderful course. Everything was on great shape. Greens rolled true and quick downhill. From start to finish it was an excellent golf experience.

Commented On 06/28/2019

Hello, Ray6133068. Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon.

The course conditions were extremely nice today. Greens were lightning fast and really tough, but overall a great course as usual!

Commented On 06/28/2019

Thank you for visiting us at River Ridge Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented On 06/25/2019

Hello, we appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back!

Enjoyable Course

Course is in very good shape, well maintained and walkable. The greens rolled true. There's an ample number of hazards and distance variability to test your course management skills. I'm making River Ridge my new home course.

Commented On 06/25/2019

Hello, your feedback is very important to us. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing River Ridge Golf Club.

Best value on the planet. Wish I lived here and I would play it 5 times a week
Bob

Commented On 06/25/2019

Bobandsue724, thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing River Ridge Golf Club.

Hidden Gem

Haven’t played River Ridge in a while but glad I rediscovered it. Worth the 45 minute drive from Durham.

Love the layout; every hole is different. Given the fact that it’s the middle of June, the course is in great shape and the greens roll true and in a bit speedy.

I had a tee time at 1:36 but the course Marshall was super nice and accommodating and let me start a bit early and was able to finish the round in 3 1/2 hours.

Great job River Ridge

Commented On 06/18/2019

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review us. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. River Ridge Golf Club thanks you!

worth the drive (get it?)

Course is just about perfect right now. Fairways are coming in nicely and the greens are a bit slow but just about perfect (bermuda). Plus we got around in 3 1/2 hrs (on a Sunday!) which was totally unexpected.

Commented On 06/18/2019

Hi Gray5743044. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back!

Good Track

First time playing this course and a place I've wanted to for quite some time. The range is in absolutely awful shape and embarrassing for a course that is in the upper echelon in the Raleigh area. There was confusion to get out of the gate because staff failed to let golfers know that play started off the back side. Course layout is moderately challenging. There are certainly some holes where you can swing away, others you need to plot your way around. Tee boxes do have markers letting golfers know the distance to a hazard, which is a plus. Ball washers are about 2 years past their replacement date. Despite all the rain in the last few days, fairways were in great shape and rough isn't too punishing. Definitely need to be able to work the ball left-to-right on this course, especially off the tee. Quite a few blind tee shots, so shell out the $4 for a yardage book if you've never played. River Ridge runs radio ads in the Raleigh DMA bragging about greens that run 11 on the stimpmeter. While I understand keeping the greens longer in warmer weather, there was absolutely no way they were running 11; They were probably closer to 9.5 or 10. You still needed to be cautious if you were above the hole, but not nearly as punishing as 11. Putts still rolled well as greens were relatively smooth and firm but receptive.

Overall, it's a nice track that is comparable to The Neuse in difficulty, layout, and green speed. Wait until the after-3pm rate to play, and it's supremely disappointing that they don't offer any price reduction if one wants to walk (at least on the website).

The course was in really good condition considering all the rain we’ve had. Fairways were nice, greens were excellent and the staff were very friendly.

Commented On 06/20/2019

Hi jdhockeygod91. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back!

Member for the Day

Greens rolled Great!
Tee boxes grassy0!
Pro shop 1st class!
Snack bar —5*****zz

Commented On 06/11/2019

Thank you for taking the time to review us Jk512301. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. River Ridge Golf Club thanks you!

Commented On 07/11/2019

Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon.

Thoroughly Enjoyable

Played this course while en route to Raleigh Durham Airport from the coast. Undulating ground and tight fairways make this a challenging track, and the shaping of the greens adds some real difficulty to the putting.

Thoroughly enjoyed it, and would play again if ever in the area. The best value for money I've found in NC.

Commented On 05/17/2019

Hi, we appreciate you taking the time to review River Ridge Golf Club and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing!

Clayton, North Carolina