A view of hole #3 at River Ridge Golf Club

Year Built 1997
Fairways Bermuda
Greens MiniVerde Bermuda
Architect Chuck Smith

Dress code Collared shirts, long pants or bermuda shorts No cut-offs, tank tops, jeans.

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in North Carolina (2016 #19)

Entertaining Clients 7

Greens

Love the course greens need help, they were not up to normal standards for this place.

Commented on 05/26/2020

Thank you for the 5-star review! We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again for another round soon.

New member

I recently joined after being at another place for a few years. They’ve done a very good job improving the range...better turf and new range balls.. The bunker and short game area very convenient and also in very good condition. The putting green mirrors the course greens which is a big plus. The staff is simply outstanding and accommodative. The course has a lot of variety with some very challenging holes. Great terrain changes also. It can be a challenge (and I’m a low single digit handicap) but also a fun course. No cookie cutter holes. If you play the back tees bring your A game. But you’ll still enjoy it!!!

Commented on 05/26/2020

Thank you so much for the great review! We are so happy you're enjoying your membership with us. Thanks for choosing River Ridge Golf Club.

Great course challenging but fair course

I play at river ridge regularly, and thoroughly enjoy the course. I think the layout is great but the greens truly make the course. One suggestion would be to get the fairways and rough a little longer. The course has been playing very firm recently away from the greens. I really enjoy when the greens are dried out and you are able to play very creative shots with backstops, and hitting the right part of the green to funnel the ball towards the pin. The staff is great, and I think business at river ridge has never been better.

Commented on 05/26/2020

Hello, we appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at River Ridge Golf Club!

Great Round

Always enjoy playing at River Ridge and my last round did not dissapoint. Course was in great shape and the greens were fast and rolled true. You can always count on great greens when playing River Ridge.

Commented on 05/26/2020

Thank you for your review! We will pass along your positive experience to our team at River Ridge Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

mid week round

RR is a fun tract, with a variety of challenging but fair holes. Some tough par 3's and 4's. The greens =held well but were very quick-avoid downhill putts/chips at all costs. The practice range balls are included in the greens fees, which is a nice touch!!

Commented on 05/15/2020

Thank you for visiting us at River Ridge Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Sandy Greens

River Ridge has one of the best layouts around. The problem today and recently has been the inconsistency of the greens. The greens are already quick and when they’re top dressed with sand, it makes putting and chipping incredibly difficult.

Commented on 05/12/2020

Hi, Tim1360408. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting River Ridge Golf Club. We hope you'll give us another try in the future.

Commented on 05/12/2020

Thank you for your review, Valued Customer. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at River Ridge Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Quick Greens

Love the track and today greens were quick, keep it below the hole if you can. The bunkers had a good amount of sand unlike others in the Raleigh area. Nice practice area with a warm up bag included in price. Definitely keep in the rotation more often.

Commented on 04/30/2020

Hi u000005197890. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at River Ridge Golf Club!

Commented on 04/28/2020

Commented on 04/21/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, timmy40! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing River Ridge Golf Club!

Awesome golf course

This the the best golf course in Raleigh that I have played on. It is beautiful, the fairways are perfect as are the greens. I love this place.

Commented on 04/17/2020

Thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing River Ridge Golf Club.

Greens in rough shape

Good track, as usual, greens sandy and thin, not playing it’s best at the moment.

Commented on 04/13/2020

Spring is coming

Nice round. 5 hrs but that had a lot to do with us. Greens are hard on some holes (meaning balls release a lot) and on some not so much. Fairways are coming in nicely and the whole place should be about right in 4-5 weeks!

Commented on 04/07/2020

Hello, steveegan. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Commented on 04/07/2020

Course is great, but range policy has changed

As always, River Ridge course conditions were fantastic. The greens were just a little slower than normal, and there were no rakes in bunkers due to COVID-19 concerns (which caused one bad shot), but the course was very enjoyable. My problem is that RR has changed their driving range policy which used to be one of the one of the top reasons I would choose them over other course in the area. They used to offer free range balls, but apparently people would take advantage of that, so now they provide a very small bag of balls for free, which is wonderful, but if you want a larger bag, it's at least $10, which is a bit ridiculous. Most places charge $7 for the same amount of balls. I hope they will consider bringing that price down.

Commented on 03/24/2020

I almost forgot to mention that the grass on the range was very high. If you're going to charge for the range balls, please make sure the range conditions are better.

Commented on 03/24/2020

Hello, let us first say that we are so glad to hear you enjoyed your visit. We work hard to create a seamless experience with so you can focus on enjoying yourself and let us do the rest. We also want to thank you for your honest and constructive criticism of the course. Your comments are presented in a way we can incorporate them into actual change. We are going to escalate your review to our team in charge and do everything we can to improve before your next round. Thank you for visiting and playing at River Ridge Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon!

A local favorite

River Ridge has always been one of my favorite local courses. They have the course looking really good for it being so early in the golf season. The greens are rolling true, bunkers are well maintained, the fairways are tight but that's to be expected. Looking forward to playing many rounds here this year.

Commented on 03/16/2020

Interesting layout

I played here on March 1st, got paired up with fine threesome who provided some local knowledge. Course wasn’t in tip top shape, due to the time of year, and fairways were dormant. But I felt like the course would’ve been better had I played later in year.
Staff was very friendly and helpful, greens fees weren’t over priced, comparable to what I would pay at home for a similar course.
Designer Tom Kite, did a good job of making you think about your tee shot, it’s not Driver on every par 4 or 5. I would enjoy a return trip with better conditions.

Commented on 03/19/2020

Still my favorite Triangle course

I love this course. I've only been in the region about two years, so I still have a lot of courses left to play, but of those I have, River Ridge is my favorite. Beautiful, challenging course. Greens are always in great shape and somehow, despite the rain and snowmelt we've had around here, the fairways were fine as well. I'm not sure which is their "signature" hole, but I could nominate half a dozen or more, including three of the final four. One change from last year: They used to allow unlimted free range balls -- the only public course I know of that did that. This year, you get a small mesh bag of balls free, but you have to pay if you want to hit more than that. A mid-size bag is $10. That's not a complaint -- the free first bag still puts them ahead of everyone else. Looking forward to my next round (and to playing better).

Commented on 03/06/2020

Wow, we are so happy you enjoyed your round, Buddhitarian! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Clayton, North Carolina