A view of hole #3 at River Ridge Golf Club

Year Built 1997
Fairways Bermuda
Greens MiniVerde Bermuda
Architect Chuck Smith

Dress code Collared shirts, long pants or bermuda shorts No cut-offs, tank tops, jeans.

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in North Carolina (2016 #19)

Entertaining Clients 7

Course is great, but range policy has changed

As always, River Ridge course conditions were fantastic. The greens were just a little slower than normal, and there were no rakes in bunkers due to COVID-19 concerns (which caused one bad shot), but the course was very enjoyable. My problem is that RR has changed their driving range policy which used to be one of the one of the top reasons I would choose them over other course in the area. They used to offer free range balls, but apparently people would take advantage of that, so now they provide a very small bag of balls for free, which is wonderful, but if you want a larger bag, it's at least $10, which is a bit ridiculous. Most places charge $7 for the same amount of balls. I hope they will consider bringing that price down.

Commented on 03/24/2020

I almost forgot to mention that the grass on the range was very high. If you're going to charge for the range balls, please make sure the range conditions are better.

Commented on 03/24/2020

Hello, let us first say that we are so glad to hear you enjoyed your visit. We work hard to create a seamless experience with so you can focus on enjoying yourself and let us do the rest. We also want to thank you for your honest and constructive criticism of the course. Your comments are presented in a way we can incorporate them into actual change. We are going to escalate your review to our team in charge and do everything we can to improve before your next round. Thank you for visiting and playing at River Ridge Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon!

A local favorite

River Ridge has always been one of my favorite local courses. They have the course looking really good for it being so early in the golf season. The greens are rolling true, bunkers are well maintained, the fairways are tight but that's to be expected. Looking forward to playing many rounds here this year.

Commented on 03/16/2020

Thank you for visiting us at River Ridge Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Interesting layout

I played here on March 1st, got paired up with fine threesome who provided some local knowledge. Course wasn’t in tip top shape, due to the time of year, and fairways were dormant. But I felt like the course would’ve been better had I played later in year.
Staff was very friendly and helpful, greens fees weren’t over priced, comparable to what I would pay at home for a similar course.
Designer Tom Kite, did a good job of making you think about your tee shot, it’s not Driver on every par 4 or 5. I would enjoy a return trip with better conditions.

Commented on 03/19/2020

Still my favorite Triangle course

I love this course. I've only been in the region about two years, so I still have a lot of courses left to play, but of those I have, River Ridge is my favorite. Beautiful, challenging course. Greens are always in great shape and somehow, despite the rain and snowmelt we've had around here, the fairways were fine as well. I'm not sure which is their "signature" hole, but I could nominate half a dozen or more, including three of the final four. One change from last year: They used to allow unlimted free range balls -- the only public course I know of that did that. This year, you get a small mesh bag of balls free, but you have to pay if you want to hit more than that. A mid-size bag is $10. That's not a complaint -- the free first bag still puts them ahead of everyone else. Looking forward to my next round (and to playing better).

Commented on 03/06/2020

Wow, we are so happy you enjoyed your round, Buddhitarian! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Commented on 03/03/2020

Disorganized and unhelpful

Booked a noon foursome yesterday, early. Tried calling before i booked it but their message said to book online. Drove from out of town and met up with buddies. Got there half hour early for our noon tee time. They said "sorry" - there was a tournament (parking lot was over half empty though...) started late because of a frost delay. Fine, understood it happens. They told us we wouldn't be able to play at all, sorry. Go down the road to Pine Hollow, they're open. They said golfnow was supposed to be reaching out to us. Never heard from golf now. Lost reservation fees. No customer service at this place at all, They acted like we were jerks - never played here before, My phone number was on the reservation, it would have been cool if someone called. It was NOT busy. NO signs about frost delay or tournament. Course looked very empty, wasn't sure why they didn't just let us play.

Commented on 02/20/2020

Hello, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. Let us first start by apologizing for the experience with us - these are not the standards we strive to achieve at River Ridge GC. Our tournament did run late due to frost on the day of your reservation and we did contact GolfNow to let all of our customers who had booked that day know about the delay. We always want to make sure our golfers know if there are any changes to their reservation as soon as possible and apologize you weren't informed prior to your round. Feel free to contact GolfNow customer service at 1 (800) 767-3574 for clarity and to discuss a refund of your reservation fees. Please have your confirmation number handy if you decide to do so. Again, thanks for your feedback and we hope you reconsider returning to River Ridge in the future.

Winter Conditions at RR

Typical golf course winter conditions in NC.
Fairways thin/damp. Greens were good but spongy.
Sand traps were hit or miss with sand consistency.
Great layout......will be much better come April.

Commented on 02/19/2020

Fun Course!

Despite the freezing rain that we ran into on the last two holes, the overall experience was great! I will definitely be playing here again.

Commented on 02/06/2020

Thanks for the great review! We're happy to hear you had an enjoyable time, despite the freezing rain. We hope to see you again for another round soon, hopefully when the weather's more favorable. Thanks for choosing River Ridge Golf Club!

One of the best golf course

It was my first time playing there. I think it is one of the best golf courses I have played at. It is challenging at just the right level for me. The course conditions are great and greens are excellent.

Commented on 02/06/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing River Ridge Golf Club!

What once was a great course.... has gone to trash!

Grew up playing riverridge cc and never had any issues. Have played twice in the year and have been very disappointed. The staff is rude and could care less about doing what they’re paid to do. Took 5 hours to play 18. It took three calls to clubhouse to even get someone to come out to talk with the group in front of us! Needless to say that didn’t change anything. The group in front had two holes wide open and the ranger told us there’s no where to go ahead of those two holes. There is a single and threesome in front of them. 2 wise open holes but nowhere to go haha! To pay 60 plus to play this course they have no concern for your time! I hate how this place has gone down hill!!! Way to many great courses around to waste money here!

Course is great, but range was rough

I've played RR many times, and it's one of the more enjoyable courses in the area because the course conditions are remarkably consistent. The greens are beautiful, but they are a rather slowish (at least when you're below the hole). If you've never played there, make sure you're below the hole if you're able because they are far faster from above as the greens have a lot of slope. My only real problem was with the driving range. While range balls are free, which is highly unusual for the area and a big plus, the range balls are pretty old and worn. The biggest thing, though, is that they continue to use a very beat up area of the range that is pretty much all dirt now. The range area has two levels, and it is pretty wide, but I played on Thursday and Saturday, and both days the tees were in the same spot with all this pretty green grass everywhere else but there. The other problem on the range is the club cleaning water buckets under each bag rest don't appear to have been changed for a month. They're filled with too much sediment to be useful in cleaning clubs. Other than the balls, these seem like such easy problems to rectify, and if they did, the experience would be virtually perfect.

Commented on 01/15/2020

Hello, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate your feedback about your round and will make sure it's forwarded over to our management team for improvements in the future. We hope to see you again for another round soon! Thanks for playing River Ridge Golf Club.

Commented on 01/03/2020

Friendly staff and well maintained course

I booked a tee time for my father, who is visiting from Taiwan. He is an avid golfer and loves to play when he is in Raleigh for the holidays. This was our first time at River Ridge. The clubhouse desk was staffed by two helpful employees who checked us in very quickly. He mentioned that staff approached him when he was exploring the facilities and kindly showed him where to go. He loved the bucket of complimentary balls at the driving range. When we picked him up, he raved about the club and seemed very happy. Thank you, River Ridge, for making my father feel welcome! We look forward to visiting again.

Commented on 01/02/2020

Thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing River Ridge Golf Club.

Corona Round march 2020

Round played at the start of the Corona virus pandemic. No problems getting out. Course looks and plays well. Slow pace today. Otherwise a nice stability in an ever worsening world! TY

Commented on 03/16/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, petercarasitigolf! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing River Ridge Golf Club!

Awesome day!

Really enjoy playing this course. Fairways are what you’d expect for this time of year, but the greens were in great shape. Course was crowded but the pace was good all afternoon.

Commented on 03/16/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, u000008076548! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing River Ridge Golf Club!

Very Nice test

Great test of golf for all skill levels. Nice variety in holes. You'll use every club in your bag. Course knowledge helps. The course was in great shape for this time of year. I'll be back

Commented on 01/02/2020

Thank you for taking the time to review us Derrick4685570. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. River Ridge Golf Club thanks you!

Great course very golf friendly and easy and enjoying to play.

Commented on 12/09/2019

Hi, joebalint. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at River Ridge Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you at the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Great day

I played River ridge for the first time today. It was a beautiful day and I played with 3 other players that were very friendly and they had good game. I played the blue tees and they offered a nice array of second shot club choices. The par 3’s had decent yardage and presentations to keep you in your toes. The par 4’s had some. Ice looks to my eyes. With mostly left to right holes on front and some right to left on the back. Par5’s were good. Some were 3 shot holes due to a strong wind today and some were reachable. The greens were I guess good for the time of the year. A bit bumpy but expected this time of the year. I look forward to playing in the summer when they are rolling true and fast because some greens with specific pin locations will take your total concentration.
Nice course.

Commented on 11/22/2019

We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at River Ridge Golf Club!

Tough but fair

The course was in pretty good condition. I was not expecting the large amount of uneven lies. The greens were in good shape but we're difficult for me to read. Overall I would recommend the the course if you're up for a challenge.

Commented on 11/04/2019

Hello, we appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. We're happy to hear you enjoyed your round with us and our challenging layout. We hope to see you again for another round soon! Thanks for playing River Ridge Golf Club.

Clayton, North Carolina
Garner, North Carolina
Wendell, North Carolina
Garner, North Carolina

Valid dates: Apr 04, 2020 - Sep 30, 2020
Here at Coachman's Golf Resort we pride ourselves on the high quality of magnificent golf, superb amenities and outstanding service that we offer our valued customers.