River Ridge Golf Club

Year Built 1997
Fairways Bermuda
Greens MiniVerde Bermuda
Architect Chuck Smith

Dress code Collared shirts, long pants or bermuda shorts No cut-offs, tank tops, jeans.

Bar, Snacks, Beverage Carts

Clubhouse, Lounge, Meeting Facilities, Conference Facilities, Banquet Facilities

Available Activities

Swimming, Billiards

Available Sports

Tennis

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in North Carolina (2016 #19)

Entertaining Clients 7

Hidden nugget

In excellent condition from t to green. Challenging but fair layout. Enjoy playing there and becoming one of my favorites.

Commented on 08/10/2020

Thank you for taking the time to review us u634003816. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. River Ridge Golf Club thanks you!

Staff not customer friendly

The course is nice for a public GC. Play was slow and ranger was not willing to assist, basically blew us off. Maintenance guys ignored us, one drove right by us to prep a green side bunker as we readied to hit our approach shots.

Commented on 08/11/2020

Hi uJNHZ4161JN. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting River Ridge Golf Club. We hope to see you again in the future.

Hurricane warning took us out

We were really excited to play this course. However torrential rain hit the area ahead of hurricane Isaias and we could not play. Pro shop personnel were great and as dismayed as we were. Will definately return for another attempt when the weather cooperstes.

Commented on 08/11/2020

Hello, we're sorry to hear you weren't able to get your round in due to the weather. We're looking forward to seeing you for your round soon. Thanks for choosing River Ridge Golf Club.

Commented on 08/10/2020

Thank you for visiting us at River Ridge Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Loved the course

Well manicured fairways and tight greens that rolled true and fast. Good thinking course.

Commented on 07/31/2020

Your feedback is important to us, Valued Customer. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing River Ridge Golf Club.

Excellent Course!

I was very impressed with the course itself from layout to the actual maintenance of the course. I would highly recommend it to anyone who ask.

I'll Be Back

Heard a lot of good reviews of this place and was not disappointed. Course is very easy on the eyes and in excellent shape. I'll be back in a few weeks when the green are over being punched.

Greens Still Recovering from Aerificaiton

Greens are still a little bumpy from early July aerification. Need some rain. Rest of course in very good condition. Like their new scorecards with option for hybrid tees!

Commented on 07/24/2020

Thank you for your review, 1Morgan1. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at River Ridge Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Really a Gem

Great course testing every club in the bag. Not a grip it and rip it course, which is actually a nice change. Course was in great shape, greens were fast, fairways green in the 96 degree heat....Great time away from my day job at Rex Hospital with all that entails these days, dealing with the "RONA".
Would definitely like to get back to River Ridge soon!!

Commented on 07/24/2020

Thank you for taking the time to review us don9675173. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. River Ridge Golf Club thanks you!

18 holes of challenging but fun golf.

I’ve found that River Ridge has a unique mix of golf holes that can challenge any level of golfer. No two holes resemble another. The par threes all pose various challenges with different elevations, some water hazards, an uphill pin with a two-tier green, and tee boxes that bring many clubs into play. The par fives demand you either avoid water on your second shot or avoid well placed bunkers. Going for the green In two is definitely risk vs reward. The driving range has recently been upgraded and range balls are fresh and cleaned when picked. A bag of range balls are included with your green fee. I appreciate the staff at the pro shop who are courteous and professional. The grill is a place for great hot dogs, sandwiches, and burgers. Overall, I am always impressed with my time at River Ridge. Regardless of your skill level, you will not be disappointed.

Commented on 07/31/2020

Thank you for taking the time to review us. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. River Ridge Golf Club thanks you!

I hope this doesn't prompt too many people to play here

This golf course has everything: speed of play, excellent conditions, challenging layout with a variety of, tee boxes to suit every level of golf, free warm up bag of practice balls, short game area, the whole package. One of the things I like about the set up is the first tee is distanced from the club house so you don't have a gallery surrounding your first shot of the day.

Commented on 07/24/2020

Your feedback is important to us, tonyditonno. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing River Ridge Golf Club.

Great Golf Course

The course was in tremendous condition. We played in 3 1/2 hours. The course takes coronavirus safety precautions very seriously and I felt completely safe. The layout offers a variety of holes that are both interesting and challenging. The greens are fast and require accurate approach shots because breaking downhills puts can easily get away from you.

Commented on 07/24/2020

Thank you for taking the time to review us skippiii. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. River Ridge Golf Club thanks you!

Commented on 07/16/2020

Tough

Tough course. Greens not in great shape and played like plinko all day. Played the back tees with a couple par 4s around 480 yards. Fairways in good shape and the layout is interesting and pretty challenging due to slope.

Commented on 07/22/2020

Hi trcato7! Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back!

Commented on 07/16/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing River Ridge Golf Club!

Great layout.

Great layout. Greens have a lot of slope and it would have played much more difficult had the greens not been so slow due to recent aeration.Well worth the drive to play there.

Commented on 07/09/2020

Hi u082392201. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at River Ridge Golf Club!

Another 4 hour round at River Ridge

Usually when a course is in the condition River Ridge is, you can expect it to be jammed. But we consistently find ourselves playing at normally busy hours (9:30) and breezing around the course in four hours. We played as a foursome with two members and waited on the 18th fairway for 5 minutes. Other than that we just got to the tee, hit away and played the hole. The greens are tricky in the sense that you will read a break that is not there and vice versa. Fairways and tee boxes are perfect. Always a pleasure to play this course

Commented on 07/31/2020

Thank you for your review, Valued Customer. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at River Ridge Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Aeration Surprise

I've played River Ridge many times. Great track, usually super conditions, good value. Last played on 7/1/20, much to my surprise was the total aeration of the course. When I made my tee times a week before no one mentioned the aeration to me. If I had known of the conditions I would not have booked the time. I also know this is aeration season. I would expect a course of their caliber to inform customers of aeration so they can decide how if they want to play. Paid full senior rate, no discount for the aeration.

But what really disappoints me is I sent an email to Monty the head pro explain the situation. All I asked is he inform his staff to tell customers making tee times if there has been recent aerations. Never got a reply.

Commented on 07/24/2020

Hello, ncbrownie. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We strive for a 5-star experience, so we welcome your feedback. We work hard to maintain the course for everyone's benefit, which means aerifying the greens as part of our regular maintenance schedule. The greens will be healed soon and in pristine condition. Please come back soon for the 5-star experience you expect at River Ridge Golf Club.

Garner, North Carolina