2.6

Middle 72 6218 yards 69.4 119
Other 72 5584 yards 66.2 112
Forward 72 4828 yards 66.8 107
Scorecard for Hedingham Golf Club
Black M: 72.0/130 432 370 407 408 431 169 431 189 514 3351 209 405 149 424 512 315 521 183 460 3178 6529
White M: 69.4/127 W: 69.41/136 410 355 384 374 353 154 414 175 494 3113 180 370 135 396 487 263 505 170 450 2956 6069
Gold M: 66.8/120 W: 72.3/130 370 316 350 355 343 134 359 158 460 2845 155 310 120 362 460 253 404 155 400 2619 5464
Red M: 63.2/101 W: 67.1/116 265 271 301 281 230 115 312 121 382 2278 134 265 118 341 410 230 401 120 390 2409 4687

Year Built 1991
Greens Champion Bermuda
Architect David Postlethwait

Has potential

I would file this one under "has potential if they just invested some money into it."

The layout was decent with a handful of fun shots (the suffocating neighborhood built around the course notwithstanding). And the greens were actually quite good and fast (dormant bermuda). But the rest of the course was patchy turf, dirt spots and unplayable bunkers. Chipping was very difficult because of the turf conditions around the greens. I got the sense that if they pumped some money into it to improve the conditions, it could be a terrific course. But at the end of the day, I can't complain because I paid less than $30 to play. So the "what you get compared to what you pay" value was fair in my eyes.

Commented On 2018-11-27T21:17:01.000+00:00

Thank you so much for letting us know about your recent experience ThinItToWinIt. Your satisfaction is a deep concern of ours as we always aim to exceed expectations. Our playing conditions are very important to us and we do strive daily to maintain high standards. Please come back soon and allow us to WOW you on your next visit! Until then, take care!

Commented On 2018-11-05T20:50:15.000+00:00

Wow - Thank you for the five star review gcarlmiller! We are happy to have exceeded your expectations. We love hearing from you and are glad you had a great experience at #HedinghamGolfClub. We look forward to having you back again soon! Until then, take care!

The course has potential.

The course has potential but with no course description on card or monuments or electronic assist on cart, the course provides no assist for many of the blind shots, uphill, dogleg,, creeks, etc.Some bare spots on fairway and slick greens make course even more challenging. Amenities in clubhouse are minimal.

Commented On 2018-11-05T20:52:08.000+00:00

Thank you so much for letting us know about your recent experience. Your satisfaction is a deep concern of ours as we always aim to exceed expectations. We would the opportunity to bump those 3 stars to 5. Please come back soon and allow us to WOW you on your next visit! Until then, take care!

Commented On 2018-11-05T20:52:50.000+00:00

Thank you so much for letting us know about your recent experience Lenton. Your satisfaction is a deep concern of ours as we always aim to exceed expectations. Your review will allow us to follow up in areas you voiced concern. If possible, please reach out to us directly so we discuss your review in more detail. We hope you will come back soon so we can WOW you on your next visit. Until then, take care!

Staff is a jerk

The staff is a jerk. Very unfriendly and rude. I will never go back to this course.

Commented On 2018-11-05T20:53:46.000+00:00

Thank you so much for letting us know about your recent experience kimkal2. Your satisfaction is a deep concern of ours as we always aim to exceed expectations. Your review will allow us to follow up in areas you voiced concern. If possible, please reach out to us directly so we discuss your review in more detail. We hope you will give us another shot. Until then, take care!

Commented On 2018-11-05T20:54:27.000+00:00

Thank you for the great feedback Lenton! We love hearing from you and are glad you had a good experience at #HedinghamGolfClub. We would love the opportunity to bump those 4 stars to 5. We hope you will come back soon so we can WOW you on your next visit. Until then, take care!

OK the only thing I didn’t like that they didn’t let me know the greens were aerated and I had a Threesome in front of me and They did not let me play through that’s only two things I hate

Terrible Course for the Money

Fairways were nothing but dirt and same with tee boxes. Sand traps did not look like they had been raked all year

Such poor conditions and they charged $40 for the round

Nice layout but rough around the edges

I enjoyed playing the course. It is a nice layout with a little bite which I always like despite being a bogie golfer. The greens were very nice. There are a lot of bare spots on the fairways. I travel a lot and experience conditions like this occasionally so I just play the whole course as ground under repair and enjoy my day.

The course has no food service and no one helping with the meager drink and candy selections. They had a minimum purchase of $6 and no change that I could find.

Getting better

Course has gotten better over the years. Still early in the season so fairways are still filling in. Only a few holes with a lot of dirt. Overall a nice course and only the 18th was a dirt disaster

Embarassing

Quite possibly the worst course I have played in regards to how it was maintained. The tee boxes were a disaster...no grass in many places and untrimmed weeds everywhere else. No grass on the fairways and on several occasions my lie in the fairway was hardpan with rocks. The greens were ok, thankfully they had grass ...some were cut and some were furry. They had a kitchen but no food options except bags of chips, peanuts and cracker/cookies. Very depressed kinda place really and I am not sure how you can charge $35. First time /Last time

Dirt fairways

The fairways were dirt. The tee boxes were dirt. You’d rather be in the rough to hit off what grass there was since the fairways had no grass. It was hard to find a good spot to tee up your drive cuz they were all dirt no grass. Only thing good about this course were the greens. Rolled true and were nice and green. I won’t play here again even if you paid me.

Great Course!

This course has come a long way. I've been playing it for about 9 years. Each year the conditions of the course get progressively better. The greens are fantastic, they roll smooth and true. New cart paths make for a very easy ride.

Fairways are coming in nicely, and some of the tee-boxes have been re-sodded.

The driving range is decent with NEW range balls at the beginning of March!

Practice green is large and in great shape. The chipping / bunker practice area is a perfect place to work on your short game. The maintenance team really cares about the course, and it's showing!

The snack bar and dining area have been re-done, and look fantastic!

Inside staff are always friendly and make you feel welcome every time you play.

The vibe is very family oriented.

If you haven't played this course in a couple of years, please come out, you won't be disappointed!!

So much improvement!!

Greens are perfect.New cart paths.So much better than a year ago.I would recommend this course.Great value.

Projects Course

This has got to be the worst course in Eastern NC!!!!!!! Houses on top of the fairways with little postage stamp yards. Houses in disrepair and rust stained siding all over. Feels like you are playing in the ghetto. A lot of " Thump and bump" music playing from the houses and cars parked in driveways??!!??!! Can't tell the difference between nasty course conditions or the backyards of peoples house!!! No distinction between the two???? It has been a few years since I played this course and after three hole I know why. The local police were actively looking for 5 men who assaulted and robbed someone. They were roaming the whole course looking of them...... enough said there!!!!! Might give it another chance in 2037 if it hasn't been bull dozed by then!!!!!

Cart Issue at Hedingham

I had a terrible experience at Hedingham on 1/13/18. The course was in fairly good shape considering cold weather this winter and heavy rain the day before. But I would like to warn people playing 18 holes that some of the golf carts at this course run out of battery power, and the course's responsiveness to this issue is unacceptable. There is a sheet in the cart that discloses their fleet of carts is having issues, but when you purchase a round with cart included on GolfNow, it is the expectation is that the cart will be functioning properly.

Details: The battery started noticeably losing juice on the 11th hole, which meant that for most of the back nine, any incline at all would make the cart slow to a snail's pace. When I finally arrived near the 18th, an attendant on the course (who was driving out to retrieve another patron with a cart issue) told me a "shortcut" that would take me through the nearby neighborhood which was a series of large hills. The cart was barely moving. At this point, I called the pro-shop and the guy there came out to get me. When he got there, I started taking my clubs out to transfer them to his functioning golf cart to ride back to the pro shop, and then he asked me to stay in my cart so that he could PUSH ME BACK WITH HIS CART?!?!? This was unacceptable. He proceeded to push me with his cart 0.5 miles according to Google maps. He did not inquire about when the issue with the cart started occurring, he did not apologize, and he did not offer any sort of discount on the round or voucher for another round. This had to be the most unprofessional interaction I've ever had on a golf course.

Course Review

After time playing away for this course, couldn't have been more pleasantly surprised with the new paving of the cart paths. Normally a little this like this is so under appreciated. For the money you can't beat it, Greens were in fine shape for December as was everything else. KEEP up the good work

Clayton, North Carolina
Wendell, North Carolina

Valid dates: Jan 11, 2019 - Mar 03, 2019
An oasis of elegance amid the harsh beauty of the desert that surrounds it, the JW Marriott Las Vegas boasts 541 oversized guestrooms and is located adjacent to TPC Las Vegas. Complimentary shuttle service and a seamless experience make this resort a first class option.