Hedingham Golf Club

Greens Champion Bermuda
Architect David Postlethwait

Snacks

Good course, way overcapacity

Good course in really good shape. Course was way overbooked and had to wait about 20 minutes to just get a cart. Pace of play was extremely slow.

Golf fees should match the what's on the web-site.

I looked up different courses to see what the fees were. Hedingham's Senior rate was the same on Friday as the rest of the week. When we got to the course we were told that there was no Senior rate on Friday. I went home and checked the web-site and it showed the same rate. I called the manager who told me that was a mistake. I told him that we had paid $30 on a Friday a month earlier. He said it was a mistake. Other courses that are nicer and less expensive.

Great Course and Value

This is a great go-to course during the week. The pace of play is excellent. The greens can be a little fast, but manageable. The course is challenging but very well-suited for intermediate to average golfers. Great weather and great golf day.

Commented on 11/18/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Hedingham Golf Club!

Commented on 11/18/2020

Hello, Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Hedingham Golf Club.

Nice, well maintained course

3rd time playing the course. This course wraps through neighborhoods.

In general this course is slightly better condition than most. Has some interesting holes and challenges. Would play it more often except it is other side of town for me.

All 3 times 1st hole kills me. Tough hole to start on.

New to the sport

The close proximity of the houses were simply intimidating to a novice golfer as myself. Fairways are narrow and if you hit in the rough, chalk it up as lost.
Pace of play was at your own speed, no one rushing you...
Challenging course, but I will return!!

Commented on 09/29/2020

Hello, we appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Hedingham Golf Club!

Won’t come back

I have played here before. No starter. No ranger. One group tried to jump ahead of us without asking. Poor etiquette.
Rough is too deep for that many blind shots . Even when you can see your ball land- it is hard to find if you hit the rough. When you don’t see your shot land and it finds the rough forget about it. Fairways are narrow on many holes
I know - hit more fairways- but this is not fun golf for a public course.

Commented on 09/29/2020

Hi, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Hedingham Golf Club. We hope to see you again in the future.

Good course for the money

The course is currently in excellent shape. Not too crowded - one of the best deals in Raleigh.

Commented on 09/29/2020

Thank you for visiting us at Hedingham Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Disappointed

Not good condition. Not rewarded for good shot usually. Greens in but too hard and fast while not true. Too many bald spots right off fairway. Tee boxes in bad shape. Too many blind shots. Too much space between many holes. Depressing area. Houses too close to course. Homes and area not taken care of. People walking dogs in course causing danger. Easy to hit a house or person/pet.

Commented on 09/29/2020

Hello, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Hedingham Golf Club. We hope to see you again in the future.

This pace of play was ridiculously slow and the greens were in TERRIBLE shape. Barely tapping putts sent them 10 feet past the hole. The staff seemed friendly and helpful, but it was not a good experience on the course

Has Come A Long Way, But Has A Long Way To Go

Last played this course a few years ago, before they were purchased by the Fred Smith Company. The course has come a long way from the bare fairways and burnt out greens, but it still has quite a ways to go. The fairways are certainly better but a few are not in good shape. Some tee boxes are downright embarrassing. Greens are certainly faster, but bumpy as heck. The course layout is actually pretty good, with holes that require shaping but have generous fairways that allow for some error. It is definitely not a bombers course. The rough in some places is punishing and your only shot may be a punch out. A couple of risk-reward holes keep things interesting, including a driveable par 4, and the par 3s are a good mix of distances. If the course continues on this upward trajectory, it'll work its way into the upper echelon of Raleigh tracks. If you can find a tee time for under $30, give it a shot. Over $30? Go elsewhere.

Commented on 09/29/2020

Hello, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future. Thanks for choosing Hedingham Golf Club.

Commented on 09/29/2020

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the team. Thanks for visiting Hedingham Golf Club, and we hope to see you again in the future.

I like play in this course

I have played this course 3 times. I like this course more and more.

Commented on 09/14/2020

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed during your round. Thanks for choosing Hedingham Golf Club!

An "ok" course

Played very early today and, of course, pace of play was great! Course conditions were horrible! It rained pretty hard last night and this course does not do well with drainage. Ground was soggy and every bunker was a huge pool of water - every one! Fairways had weeds and bald patches. Some tee boxes were in great shape (better than fairways), others were nothing but dirt. Greens were ok. Some had damage around the edges but for the most part ok. A course I can mark as played but will, unfortunately, be at the bottom of my list. The care and feeding a nice golf course needs this course is not getting.

Clayton, North Carolina