Wil-Mar Golf Course

Year Built 1961
Architect Gene Hamm

Credit Cards Accepted VISA, MasterCard, Discover Welcomed

Commented on 11/20/2019

Thank you for visiting us at Wil-Mar Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 11/19/2019

Thank you for taking the time to review us BonoKim. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Wil-Mar Golf Club thanks you!

A TERRIBLE DAY AT THE COURSE!

So, I show up early, check in with the very friendly staff. Go to the convenient driving range. Take advantage of the nearby chipping green. I swing back around to the putting green to to check it out. The starter is courteous and professional and send us off a few minutes early. From there it was all downhill. Not because of the course which was terrific but because my son and his cheating partner beat me and my partner. If they were going to go low they should have told us :) Seriously, love WilMar. Have not played there in a couple of months but it is great. I highly recommend it. The grill was a tad underperforming.

Commented on 11/07/2019

Haha! Thanks so much for the awesome review! Hopefully next time you won't get any cheaters on your team (just kidding!) We cannot wait to see you back on the course soon!

Nice

First time to play here
Management for fairway, greens are very nice.
Definately one of my favorite golf club.
I will be frequent visitor of this club for sure

Commented on 11/05/2019

Hi BonoKim. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Wil-Mar Golf Club.

Decent

Greens were blazing fast. Tee boxes were nice and the fairways had very few areas that didn't have grass. Carts were quiet and nice and the cart path was in good shape. Will go back in the summer when there are fewer leaves and maybe the greens will soften up. Staff was nice. Driving range was well equipped with chipping and putting but hitting area was torn up when I was there. Very nice course if you are local to the area. IMHO not really worth a long drive if you are not near Knightdale.

Commented on 11/04/2019

Hi wkndhakr20! Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back!

Great Condition Overall

This is the best condition I've seen WilMar this year....
Greens rolled great, very defined fairway/rough lines.
Sand traps were consistent. They have new scorecards (5 sets of tees) with black (back) tees playing at 6006 yds......don't let that fool you, the back nine can get tight depending on the wind. WilMar has spent some money improving the course conditions the past 2 years and it is showing......great work Marty and Fran!!!!!!

Commented on 11/04/2019

Thank you for your review, 1Morgan1. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Wil-Mar Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Nice course, atrocious pace

First time playing here, it’s a nice course and a solid value, but my god I’ve never had a worse pace of play experience.

Literally 3-4 groups on one hole at a time, 10+ minute waits. Can’t recommend putting yourself through that.

Commented on 10/28/2019

Hello, u200659007. Thank you for reviewing the course. We apologize for the delay of play during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. With an uncharacteristically full day, we work hard to accommodate everyone who visits our course and allow our guest the chance to complete their rounds. With that in mind, we are working to best control pace and allow everyone to finish in a reasonable amount of time. We will continue to look for ways to improve. We are glad to see you rated the course conditions and layout to be great during your game. Thank you for playing Wil-Mar Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon.

5 hour round

Very slippery greens plus a few unreasonable pin placements. Pin placements should not be set up as if it were a 'tough day' tournament for a members tournament. This is a public golf course being played on a weekend by many inexperienced golfers.

We haven't played here for two or three years. We will go back, but not on a weekend.

Commented on 10/21/2019

Hello, canalien. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Going Back Soon!

I have played golf for over 20 years and this used to be one of my favorites when I first started playing. I haven't played it in 15 years, but I enjoyed it! The whole course was in great shape, the greens were unbelievable smooth! If anyone complains about the greens, they need a putting lesson! LOL!

Thanks to the staff for there great efforts for giving the people a great course to play, for a great price!

Commented on 10/17/2019

Hi JDawg17. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Wil-Mar Golf Club.

Good Day on the Course

Had a great time at Wilmar. Pace of play good, did not have to wait. Paired with a good pair.

Commented on 09/30/2019

judyrogers, thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Wil-Mar Golf Club.

Great shape

I have been playing this course on and off for more than 30 years. It is in the best shape I have ever seen. I would give it a 5 star, except that "Starter Dave" acts like you are bothering him when you check in and tee off on the first hole. This seems to be a constant, at least the last several times I have played here. Give it a try, right now, it is very nice. I believe they have a new grounds superintendent.

Commented on 09/25/2019

Hi kendradad, we truly appreciate your dedication to playing our course and taking the time to share your feedback with us. We aim for a 5-star experience, so we apologize for any poor experience with our staff but always welcome this kind of feedback for potential improvements. Thank you for the 4-stars and playing Wil-Mar Golf Club!

Great

Good round of golf, a little slower for pace of play but that’s usual on this course

Commented on 09/23/2019

Hi jdhockeygod91, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome this kind of feedback for potential improvements. Thank you for playing Wil-Mar Golf Club and come back soon!

Commented on 08/27/2019

Thank you for visiting us at Wil-Mar Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star review! We hope you join us for another round soon.

Nice course, great value

One of the best values in the Raleigh area. Not very long but challenges you on just about every approach shot. Course and greens are in great shape. Staff is very friendly and accommodating.

Commented on 09/04/2019

KenA18, thank you for your kind words! and great feedback on the course & staff! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Wil-Mar Golf Club and check out your review shared on our Facebook page.

Presentation%20-%20Arthrozene

The ranger had a grass fetish which was aggravating. Other than that everything was ok

Commented on 08/29/2019

Hi lakers321, thank you for your 5-star rating and sharing your feedback with us. We appreciate your comments and hope you book another round with us soon at Wil-Mar Golf Club.

Commented on 08/19/2019

Hi Rhode1904, thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon at Wil-Mar Golf Club.

Could be 4 stars if they controlled the pace and lowered the price

Overall it’s a nice course, but it is overpriced and the pace is slow. I used to play this course any time of day, but now only at slower times because when it’s crowded pace is not controlled. $52 for a round is way too high for this course.

Commented on 09/04/2019

Hi JCRaleigh, thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We're sorry to hear the value of the course may not have met expectations, but we are going to pass along your feedback to the staff so they can work to make any necessary changes. Thanks for visiting us, and we hope we can welcome you back for an improved golf experience soon.

Commented on 08/12/2019

Hi wgramey, thank you so much for the 4-star review. We're glad you enjoyed your recent visit, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Wil-Mar Golf Club.

Great Course and Great Price

Awesome layout and greens were in great shape for the end of summer. Pace was what was to be expected on a weekend day. Loved the course!

Excellent greens - Slow pace

Greens are very nice. Good fairways. Pace of play is slow but still an enjoyable time.

Commented on 08/02/2019

Hi bbrown5392, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome this kind of feedback for improvements. Thank you for playing Wil-Mar Golf Club and come back soon.

Wendell, North Carolina
Wake Forest, North Carolina
Clayton, North Carolina

Valid dates: Nov 19, 2019 - Feb 29, 2020
NEW Online Stay & Play Promotion running through the end of February.
From $1900