Wil-Mar Golf Club

Dress code: Proper golf attire required.
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Discover Welcomed

Location is convenient to the city worth the drive in the 'burbs   Great for locals walkers seniors   Challenges include bunkers water hazards narrow fairways   Great for drinks patio dining watching the game

"Good value, condition spotty, staff friendly"

rulrich's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/27/2018

It is unfortunate that they lost the greens. My observation is that other courses in the area did not suffer as badly. I have played here several times over recent years and overall contrition has been fair to good. Some tees are, well, awful. I did observe a good deal of work being done, such as tree removal, which is encouraging.

My experience here has been wonderful. The staff is friendly and cooperative. The layout is varied and interesting. The off course services are very good and the small bar provides a nice spot for a "cold one" after golf.

I look forward to playing under improved conditions later this year.

Response from #WilMarGC on 07/03/2018:

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and share your feedback with us. We truly appreciate your patience and understanding as our staff has been working diligently in our greens recovery process. We have resurfaced the greens in a premier ultra-dwarf Bermuda grass known as Sunday, and we are very excited about this upgrade. We look forward to having you back later this summer to check it out at its best! All of your comments will be shared with our staff as we continue improvements, and we hope to welcome you back to Wil-Mar Golf Club again soon.

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/24/2018
Used cart Perfect weather Verified Purchaser

Response from #WilMarGC on 06/27/2018:

Thank you for the 4-star review! Come back to Wil-Mar Golf Club for another great round soon.

"Great fun"

richrider's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/15/2018

The greens are non existent, but this round was one of most enjoyable in a long time. The fairways are in great shape and freshly mowed. Just played to have fun, done in two and a half hours. Can't wait to play the new greens.

Response from #WilMarGC on 06/19/2018:

Thank you for the 4-stars and sharing your feedback with us. On behalf of our staff at Wil-Mar Golf Club, we truly appreciate your patience and understanding regarding our temporary greens, but we're excited to have you back for the new greens later this summer as well! Come back soon.

Lenton9304981's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/09/2018

Response from #WilMarGC on 06/12/2018:

Thank you for the 3-stars! We hope you enjoyed your day with us recently at Wil-Mar Golf Club and appreciate any feedback. We hope to welcome you back for another round soon.

"Temporary Greens"

Rick4434712's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/07/2018

Not hitting to the greens became too much to take so I dropped after 9.

Response from #WilMarGC on 06/19/2018:

Rick, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us, however, we are sorry to hear your recent experience with us may not have met your expectations. We hope your next round with us will be much improved, as our Sunday Bermuda Ultra dwarf sprigs arrive tonight and start going on the greens tomorrow! We're looking forward to an exciting summer ahead at Wil-Mar Golf Club and hope we can welcome you back for an improved experience soon.

Benjamin7259248's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/04/2018

Response from #WilMarGC on 07/02/2018:

Benjamin, thank you for the 4-star review. We truly appreciate your patience and understanding as our staff works on course improvements with our new greens, but we hope you still enjoyed your recent round with us. We can't wait to have you back at the new and improved Wil-Mar Golf Club later this summer! <br/>

"Vernon McCallum 12:00 Tee Time"

vmcall8's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/03/2018

I am a person who likes to think I pick up on things pretty quick, that is, before taking up golf about 6 years ago.

I gave up on the game and just started back playing recently. This weekend I got to visit Wilmar, my favorite course in NC and really enjoyed myself. I had a buddy from out of town that played with me that enjoyed the course also.

After 9 went into the new grill & bar “The Bogey”. The food was great!! I will definitely be Teeing up again this weekend and having lunch at The Bogey!!

Response from #WilMarGC on 07/02/2018:

Thank you for the 5-star review and sharing your feedback with us! We truly appreciate your dedication to playing our course and we hope you can make it back to Wil-Mar Golf Course for another great round soon. Stop by The Bogey again as well!<br/>

"Great workaround for damaged greens."

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/27/2018

In many ways the temp greens were more enjoyable than the regular greens. Great job!

Response from Wil-Mar Golf Club on 05/30/2018:

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us, as well as the 4-stars! We truly appreciate your patience and understanding regarding our temporary greens and are glad to hear you were still able to enjoy your round with us. We can't wait to welcome you back to Wil-Mar Golf Club for an even better experience again soon!

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/27/2018

I was told ahead of time the greens were temporary so was expecting that but the overall condition of course was much worse than expected. It was my first time playing there and I assume - during regular conditions - the course is much nicer. Round was discounted but I would venture to say we should have paid half of what the discount was. Hopefully next year it’s in much better shape. Until I know this for sure I doubt I’ll go again. Staff was friendly.

Response from Wil-Mar Golf Club on 05/30/2018:

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us, as well as the 3-stars. We are sorry to hear your first round with us did not meet your expectations regarding some of our course conditions, as our greens have had difficulty recovering from the harsh winter. However, we are very excited to announce we will be sprigging all 18 greens with a premier ultra-dwarf Bermuda grass known as Sunday! The sprigging process will start mid-June and we plan to reopen all 18 greens in late August. We will be offering special rates during this process ($20) while we have temporary greens, and we will also be making improvements to other areas of the course. We hope to welcome you back later this summer to see the NEW face of Wil-Mar Golf Club!

jrogoski1's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/26/2018

All greens were closed and under repair. Had I known this at the time of my reservation, I would have never booked the tee time.

Response from Wil-Mar Golf Club on 05/30/2018:

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us, as well as the 4-stars, however, we truly apologize for any misunderstanding regarding our temporary greens. We do have the following notice in place on our online tee times: "We will have 18 temporary greens and expect to have the temporary greens until the middle of August. Due to the harsh winter, we made the decision to resprig our greens. We hope to have the conditions back to what you should expect when playing at Wil-Mar as soon as we can. Please enjoy these special rates while we have temporary greens in place." We apologize if there was any miscommunication of this when booking your round, and appreciate your patience and understanding during this time. We hope to welcome you back for a great look at the NEW Wil-Mar Golf Club later this summer!

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/24/2018

"Greens are being worked on."

James4265425's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/20/2018

I typically enjoy the course. Good layout and great value for the money. However, the greens are being worked on. I wish I had know before booking ny round. The greens will need at least several weeks before they recover.

"Overall, good."

Age:  Under 25

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/13/2018
Previously played Hot weather

I haven't played this course for a few months hoping that the greens would come in by then. Unfortunately, most have not. The greens will still roll fine, you will just have to overcome the visual of them. Any good shots right at the green will stick in the mud like greens ( which helped in most cases for me ). The fact that they give a discount and everything else is in great shape makes it worth it. Had a great time out there ! Go to the bar after, great people.

Response from Wil-Mar Golf Club on 05/15/2018:

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us, as well as the 4-stars. We truly appreciate your patience and understanding regarding the conditions of our greens as we are putting forth all of our resources to bring them back to where they should be. We're glad to hear you still enjoyed your recent round with us and appreciate your kind feedback regarding our staff. We hope to have you back at Wil-Mar Golf Club for an even better round soon!

PhillipPaugh's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/09/2018

Response from Wil-Mar Golf Club on 05/17/2018:

Hi Phillip, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and 3-stars. We hope you enjoyed your recent round with us and would appreciate any additional feedback on your golf experience. Thank you for choosing Wil-Mar Golf Club, and we hope to have you back for another round soon!

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/05/2018

Response from Wil-Mar Golf Club on 05/15/2018:

Thank you for taking the time to leave us 3-stars, and we would appreciate any additional feedback so we may improve your future experience with us. We hope you had a great day with us at Wil-Mar Golf Club, and that we can welcome you back for an even better round soon.

"Has A Lot Of Potential!"

Zero1's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/29/2018

Although they have previously announced before our round, still it was dishearterning to see how a colder than usual winter could ruin all the 18 greens, which literally was the reason why it was only 2 stars for me, for the course conditions and value for your money. I am from the new England region and our courses here at this time of the year, despite having a colder winter and 3 bad winter storms in March, are looking way better than this one... but this has a lot of potential! Why? This course has a great staff, that can turn things around!

Response from Wil-Mar Golf Club on 05/23/2018:

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us, as well as the 3-stars, and we apologize if your first experience with us did not meet your expectations. Our staff is fully aware that our greens are less than ideal at the current time and we are doing as much as we can to help improve the putting surface while the warmer weather arrives to stay. We are running special rates until conditions improve and truly appreciate your patience and understanding during this time. We hope to welcome you back for a better round soon.

"Pasture course"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/28/2018

Greens lacking any grass, fairways Sandy but playable with mowed grass average public course. Would return if other options weren't available

Response from Wil-Mar Golf Club on 05/01/2018:

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us, as well as the 3-stars, and we apologize if your first experience with us did not meet your expectations. Our staff is fully aware that our greens are less than ideal at the current time and we are doing as much as we can to help improve the putting surface, but unfortunately, need warm weather to get here and stay. We will be running special rates until conditions improve and truly appreciate your patience and understanding during this time. We hope to welcome you back for a better round soon.

"Great price and good experience"

Caleb5929509's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/25/2018

They were working very hard to get the greens back in shape. The staff was extremely friendly, food was well above average.Price was a great deal and I’ll surely be coming back!

"Poor greens"

Ace1968's avatar
Plays:  Twice a year

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/18/2018

Informed on website and in person after arrival about state of greens due to poor seasonal conditions . 2 temp greens and all the rest were not in any condition to putt on . Played this course many times in past and this is the poorest green conditions I’ve seen . With that ..pace of play was 3 hours as the course was fairly empty so that was a plus . Will play again by summer once green conditions improve .

Response from Wil-Mar Golf Club on 05/03/2018:

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us, as well as the 3-stars. We truly appreciate your understanding and patience regarding our course conditions, and please know we are doing as much as we can to help improve the putting surface, but unfortunately, need warm weather to get here and stay. We will be running special rates until conditions improve, and we hope to welcome you back for a better round soon.

"Course affected by weather"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/14/2018

Wil-Mar is a really nice, friendly playing course in the Raleigh area. The current state and in particular the greens do not reflect the beauty of this course. When the weather warms up it will get back in shape. Very friendly staff and good value.

Response from Wil-Mar Golf Club on 04/18/2018:

On behalf of our staff, we truly appreciate your feedback and understanding regarding some of the course conditions. We do expect to be on pace for a great golf season ahead once warmer weather comes to stay! Thank you for choosing to golf with us at Wil-Mar Golf Club, and we can't wait to have you back again soon.