2.2

Wil-Mar Golf Course
Scorecard for Wil-Mar Golf Course
Blue M: 69.6/125 331 163 469 356 196 355 491 184 396 2941 403 207 574 330 301 181 565 165 453 3179 6120
White M: 66.3/121 W: 73.7/131 314 145 447 336 179 340 472 166 374 2773 381 182 536 310 284 162 527 155 435 2972 5745
Gold M: 67.8/116 W: 71.6/126 283 112 435 318 157 327 452 155 362 2601 348 157 522 293 263 146 505 147 428 2809 5410
Red W: 67.5/117 270 101 371 267 142 302 372 124 312 2261 294 118 447 260 229 103 467 120 381 2419 4680

Year Built 1961
Architect Gene Hamm

Credit Cards Accepted VISA, MasterCard, Discover Welcomed

Staff rudeness was diassapointing.

I have played this course several times during the week and had a great time. This was the first time I played it on the weekend. They have a no alcohol policy unless it is purchased from them that I truly didn’t know about. I had a 4 pack from a different store and paid $18 for a six pack there. We were waiting to tee off and the gentleman starting the groups came over very rudely and asked me what was in my cooler. I told him beer. He got pretty belligerent and told me I couldn’t be on the course with beer that I didn’t purchase there. I told him that I was unaware of that and returned the store bought beer to my car before teeing off. He continued to Harry’s me about it even after that. He told me it was a state law. The law actually leaves the option for the course to ban outside alcohol purchases, but does not require it. I tried to let this go however and attempted to start my round. Tee times here seem to have zero significance on weekends. I was playing a twosome and he let a walk on foursome tee off in front of us. They started everyone at the first hole instead of staggering between the front and back nine. This added over an hour to me and my partners round because of the congestion. When we finished the ninth hole and drove back by the clubhouse the gentleman again asked what was in my cooler and continued to rudely accost myself and my friend. I asked him where he thinks I may have picked up beer while on the golf course and he just got more rude and belligerent. I finally drove away to the tenth tee box and tee’d off. I have played around 6 different courses around Raleigh and this is the only course with the beer rule. It wasn’t the fact of the rule, but rather the entirely rude way the gentleman accosted me about it repeatedly. I will not return to Wilmar because of the behavior of this employee going forward.
Staff Friendliness Poor
Pace of Play Poor
Off-course amenities Fair
Course Conditions Good
Course Layout Average
Response from #WilMarGC on 08/03/2018:
Alfred, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us, however, we are truly sorry to hear your recent experience with us did not meet your expectations. Due to our onsite restaurant, Bogey's, ability to sell alcohol, it does create some very strict laws for us on outside alcohol at the course. However, we do apologize if this policy was poorly enforced and created a negative experience for you in any way. If you have any further questions or concerns regarding this, we invite you to contact Director of Golf, William Allen, at (919) 266-1800 so we may address them with you directly. We are committed to providing our golfers with a valuable golf experience and hope we can do so for you in the near future.

Albatross and hole in one

Had the time of my golf experience. Had a double eagle(albatross) on hole 7: par5 and an eagle on #8. Scored 65. 5 under my age. Might not ever do this again but it is a superb feeling knowing I did.
Course Conditions Good
Course Layout Excellent
Response from #WilMarGC on 08/14/2018:
On behalf of all of us at Wil-Mar Golf Club, congratulations on your amazing round with us! We truly appreciate your feedback and 5-star review, and hope to welcome you back to Wil-Mar Golf Club for another great round soon.

Good value, condition spotty, staff friendly

It is unfortunate that they lost the greens. My observation is that other courses in the area did not suffer as badly. I have played here several times over recent years and overall contrition has been fair to good. Some tees are, well, awful. I did observe a good deal of work being done, such as tree removal, which is encouraging. My experience here has been wonderful. The staff is friendly and cooperative. The layout is varied and interesting. The off course services are very good and the small bar provides a nice spot for a "cold one" after golf. I look forward to playing under improved conditions later this year.
Course Layout Good
Response from #WilMarGC on 07/03/2018:
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and share your feedback with us. We truly appreciate your patience and understanding as our staff has been working diligently in our greens recovery process. We have resurfaced the greens in a premier ultra-dwarf Bermuda grass known as Sunday, and we are very excited about this upgrade. We look forward to having you back later this summer to check it out at its best! All of your comments will be shared with our staff as we continue improvements, and we hope to welcome you back to Wil-Mar Golf Club again soon.
Course Layout Excellent
Response from #WilMarGC on 06/27/2018:
Thank you for the 4-star review! Come back to Wil-Mar Golf Club for another great round soon.

Great fun

The greens are non existent, but this round was one of most enjoyable in a long time. The fairways are in great shape and freshly mowed. Just played to have fun, done in two and a half hours. Can't wait to play the new greens.
Off-course amenities Good
Course Layout Good
Response from #WilMarGC on 06/19/2018:
Thank you for the 4-stars and sharing your feedback with us. On behalf of our staff at Wil-Mar Golf Club, we truly appreciate your patience and understanding regarding our temporary greens, but we're excited to have you back for the new greens later this summer as well! Come back soon.
Course Layout Good
Response from #WilMarGC on 06/12/2018:
Thank you for the 3-stars! We hope you enjoyed your day with us recently at Wil-Mar Golf Club and appreciate any feedback. We hope to welcome you back for another round soon.

Temporary Greens

Not hitting to the greens became too much to take so I dropped after 9.
Off-course amenities Good
Course Layout Good
Response from #WilMarGC on 06/19/2018:
Rick, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us, however, we are sorry to hear your recent experience with us may not have met your expectations. We hope your next round with us will be much improved, as our Sunday Bermuda Ultra dwarf sprigs arrive tonight and start going on the greens tomorrow! We're looking forward to an exciting summer ahead at Wil-Mar Golf Club and hope we can welcome you back for an improved experience soon.
Course Layout Excellent
Response from #WilMarGC on 07/02/2018:
Benjamin, thank you for the 4-star review. We truly appreciate your patience and understanding as our staff works on course improvements with our new greens, but we hope you still enjoyed your recent round with us. We can't wait to have you back at the new and improved Wil-Mar Golf Club later this summer!

Vernon McCallum 12:00 Tee Time

I am a person who likes to think I pick up on things pretty quick, that is, before taking up golf about 6 years ago. I gave up on the game and just started back playing recently. This weekend I got to visit Wilmar, my favorite course in NC and really enjoyed myself. I had a buddy from out of town that played with me that enjoyed the course also. After 9 went into the new grill & bar “The Bogey”. The food was great!! I will definitely be Teeing up again this weekend and having lunch at The Bogey!!
Course Conditions Excellent
Course Layout Excellent
Response from #WilMarGC on 07/02/2018:
Thank you for the 5-star review and sharing your feedback with us! We truly appreciate your dedication to playing our course and we hope you can make it back to Wil-Mar Golf Course for another great round soon. Stop by The Bogey again as well!

Great workaround for damaged greens.

In many ways the temp greens were more enjoyable than the regular greens. Great job!
Course Layout Good
Response from Wil-Mar Golf Club on 05/30/2018:
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us, as well as the 4-stars! We truly appreciate your patience and understanding regarding our temporary greens and are glad to hear you were still able to enjoy your round with us. We can't wait to welcome you back to Wil-Mar Golf Club for an even better experience again soon!

Valid dates: Aug 13, 2018 - Dec 31, 2019