Wil-Mar Golf Club

Dress code: Proper golf attire required.
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Discover Welcomed

Location is convenient to the city worth the drive in the 'burbs   Great for locals walkers seniors   Challenges include bunkers water hazards narrow fairways   Great for drinks patio dining watching the game

"Greens are being worked on."

James4265425's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/20/2018

I typically enjoy the course. Good layout and great value for the money. However, the greens are being worked on. I wish I had know before booking ny round. The greens will need at least several weeks before they recover.

"Overall, good."

Age:  Under 25

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/13/2018
Previously played Hot weather

I haven't played this course for a few months hoping that the greens would come in by then. Unfortunately, most have not. The greens will still roll fine, you will just have to overcome the visual of them. Any good shots right at the green will stick in the mud like greens ( which helped in most cases for me ). The fact that they give a discount and everything else is in great shape makes it worth it. Had a great time out there ! Go to the bar after, great people.

Response from Wil-Mar Golf Club on 05/15/2018:

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us, as well as the 4-stars. We truly appreciate your patience and understanding regarding the conditions of our greens as we are putting forth all of our resources to bring them back to where they should be. We're glad to hear you still enjoyed your recent round with us and appreciate your kind feedback regarding our staff. We hope to have you back at Wil-Mar Golf Club for an even better round soon!

PhillipPaugh's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/09/2018

Response from Wil-Mar Golf Club on 05/17/2018:

Hi Phillip, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and 3-stars. We hope you enjoyed your recent round with us and would appreciate any additional feedback on your golf experience. Thank you for choosing Wil-Mar Golf Club, and we hope to have you back for another round soon!

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/05/2018

Response from Wil-Mar Golf Club on 05/15/2018:

Thank you for taking the time to leave us 3-stars, and we would appreciate any additional feedback so we may improve your future experience with us. We hope you had a great day with us at Wil-Mar Golf Club, and that we can welcome you back for an even better round soon.

"Has A Lot Of Potential!"

Zero1's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/29/2018

Although they have previously announced before our round, still it was dishearterning to see how a colder than usual winter could ruin all the 18 greens, which literally was the reason why it was only 2 stars for me, for the course conditions and value for your money. I am from the new England region and our courses here at this time of the year, despite having a colder winter and 3 bad winter storms in March, are looking way better than this one... but this has a lot of potential! Why? This course has a great staff, that can turn things around!

"Pasture course"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/28/2018

Greens lacking any grass, fairways Sandy but playable with mowed grass average public course. Would return if other options weren't available

Response from Wil-Mar Golf Club on 05/01/2018:

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us, as well as the 3-stars, and we apologize if your first experience with us did not meet your expectations. Our staff is fully aware that our greens are less than ideal at the current time and we are doing as much as we can to help improve the putting surface, but unfortunately, need warm weather to get here and stay. We will be running special rates until conditions improve and truly appreciate your patience and understanding during this time. We hope to welcome you back for a better round soon.

"Great price and good experience"

Caleb5929509's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/25/2018

They were working very hard to get the greens back in shape. The staff was extremely friendly, food was well above average.Price was a great deal and I’ll surely be coming back!

"Poor greens"

Ace1968's avatar
Plays:  Twice a year

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/18/2018

Informed on website and in person after arrival about state of greens due to poor seasonal conditions . 2 temp greens and all the rest were not in any condition to putt on . Played this course many times in past and this is the poorest green conditions I’ve seen . With that ..pace of play was 3 hours as the course was fairly empty so that was a plus . Will play again by summer once green conditions improve .

Response from Wil-Mar Golf Club on 05/03/2018:

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us, as well as the 3-stars. We truly appreciate your understanding and patience regarding our course conditions, and please know we are doing as much as we can to help improve the putting surface, but unfortunately, need warm weather to get here and stay. We will be running special rates until conditions improve, and we hope to welcome you back for a better round soon.

"Course affected by weather"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/14/2018

Wil-Mar is a really nice, friendly playing course in the Raleigh area. The current state and in particular the greens do not reflect the beauty of this course. When the weather warms up it will get back in shape. Very friendly staff and good value.

Response from Wil-Mar Golf Club on 04/18/2018:

On behalf of our staff, we truly appreciate your feedback and understanding regarding some of the course conditions. We do expect to be on pace for a great golf season ahead once warmer weather comes to stay! Thank you for choosing to golf with us at Wil-Mar Golf Club, and we can't wait to have you back again soon.

"Great example for golf"

jpa137's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/13/2018

The course itself was in bad shape due to the weather. The value and friendliness of the staff more than made up for it! The pace of play was remarkable as well. 18 holes finished in 4 hrs 5 minutes, which included a snack at the turn. Thank you.

Response from Wil-Mar Golf Club on 04/18/2018:

Thank you for the kind review and 5-stars! We truly appreciate your patience and support regarding some of the course conditions as we are still coming out of winter, but we are on pace for a great season ahead once warmer weather arrives and stays. We're glad you still enjoyed the day with us at Wil-Mar Golf Club, and we can't wait to welcome you back again soon.

"Course in bad shape"

Davebuompane's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/13/2018

This was the worst shape of a course that I’ve ever played. The greens were a total mess. Covered with mud and sand. Every putt would bounce all the way to the hole. The fairways and tee boxes were also in bad shape. This was my first round of the year and I was extremely disappointed. I don’t think I’ll be going back there for a while. I think a fair price for the round would’ve been $5-$10.

Response from Wil-Mar Golf Club on 04/17/2018:

Hi Dave, we truly appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback and apologize that your first experience with us did not meet your expectations. Our staff is aware that our greens are less than ideal at the current time as we are still coming out of our winter season, but please know we are doing as much as we can to help improve these conditions. Unfortunately, we need warmer weather to get here and stay but will be running special rates until conditions improve. We appreciate your patience and understanding during this time, and hope we can welcome you back for a much better round soon.

"Rough rolling"

dpains's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/12/2018

The fairways and bunkers were fine, but on the greens you needed an all terrain ball. Unfortunately they haven't been invented yet. The shop said 6-8 weeks before they are back in shape. Played there several times and will be back in a couple of months.

Response from Wil-Mar Golf Club on 04/17/2018:

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We apologize that the greens may not have been in the best shape when you played as we are still coming out of our winter season and need warmer weather to help improve these conditions. We truly appreciate your patience and support during this time, and please know we are on pace for a great golf season ahead! We hope to welcome you back for an improved round soon.

"The course is in horrible shape"

Mark9067831's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/31/2018

I’ve played this course many times over the years and as recently as last fall. The greens were basically green painted dirt, I brought some family to play the course and I was embarrassed. The only saving grace was the pace of play because no one else was on the course.

The pro shop should at least had the courtesy to tell us the course conditions before accepting our money. I always thought the greens were this course’s best asset so I’m not sure what happened over the winter.

I hope they get the issue resolved because they’ll be struggling this summer.

Call before you book this course and hopefully they’ll be forthright which I expect they will have if you ask.

Good luck

Response from Wil-Mar Golf Club on 04/08/2018:

Hi Mark, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we truly apologize that the course was not in the best shape when you played recently, as well as for any miscommunication regarding the conditions. On behalf of our staff, we are aware that our course conditions are less than ideal at the current time due to the harsh winter and will be running special rates until they improve. Please know we are doing everything we can to help improve them but unfortunately, need warmer weather to come and stay. We appreciate your patience and understanding during this time and hope we can welcome your family back for a much better round soon.

"Greens"

codygolfsalot's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/30/2018
Previously played Used cart Wet weather

The course was nice, but the greens were the worst I've played in a long time. They have some work to do on those.

Response from Wil-Mar Golf Club on 04/08/2018:

Hi Cody, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us, as well as the 3-stars, and we apologize that the course was not in the best shape when you played recently. On behalf of our staff, we are aware that our course conditions are less than ideal at the current time due to the harsh winter and will be running special rates until they improve. Please know we are doing everything we can to help improve them but unfortunately, need warmer weather to come and stay. We truly appreciate your patience and understanding during this time and hope we can welcome you back for a much better round soon.

"Bad Greens"

mikec613's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/30/2018

The greens were horrible to put on as they had overseeded which made the ball roll very unpredictable. For regular paying customers they were charging the winter rate of $26 which was way overpriced for the condition of the greens. I will not go back there for at least a month or a month and a half to let the greens grow back in.

Response from Wil-Mar Golf Club on 04/08/2018:

Hi Mike, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we apologize that the course was not in the best shape when you played recently. On behalf of our staff, we are aware that our course conditions are less than ideal at the current time due to the harsh winter and will be running special rates until they improve. Please know we are doing everything we can to help improve them but unfortunately, need warmer weather to come and stay. We truly appreciate your patience and understanding during this time and hope we can welcome you back for a much better round soon.

"Disappointed"

tbeard120's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/29/2018

I like the course under normal circumstances but greens are terrible.

Response from Wil-Mar Golf Club on 04/08/2018:

We are truly sorry to hear your recent experience with us need not meet your expectations, but appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. On behalf of our staff, we are aware that our course conditions are less than ideal at the current time due to the harsh winter and will be running special rates until they improve. Please know we are doing everything we can to help improve them but unfortunately, need warmer weather to come and stay. We appreciate your patience and understanding during this time and hope we can welcome you back for a much better round soon.

"Work in Progress"

roberry25's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/28/2018

The course has several greens that are non existent. If the greens grown in the experience will be better.

Response from Wil-Mar Golf Club on 04/08/2018:

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us, but we apologize that the course was not in the best shape when you played. On behalf of our staff, we are aware that our course conditions are less than ideal at the current time due to the harsh winter and will be running special rates until they improve. Please know we are doing everything we can to help improve them but unfortunately, need warmer weather to come and stay. We appreciate your patience and understanding during this time and hope we can welcome you back for a much better round soon.

"wilmar just ok"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/28/2018

greens heavily rolled but in below average condition. cart path only on back nine with no noticeable water issues

Response from Wil-Mar Golf Club on 04/08/2018:

Hi Larry, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we apologize that the course may not have been in the best shape when you played. On behalf of our staff, we are aware that our course conditions are less than ideal at the current time due to the harsh winter and will be running special rates until they improve. Please know we are doing everything we can to help improve them but unfortunately, need warmer weather to come and stay. We appreciate your patience and understanding during this time and hope we can welcome you back for a much better round soon.

"Terrible Condition"

justintama's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/24/2018

Me and some friends wanted to try a new course in the area out. We saw this had a decent deal through golf now. Drove 40 minutes out there to find that their greens were pretty much non-existent. It was just mud, sand, and grass seed. Putting was literally not a thing. The fairways were in poor condition as well, missing complete segments of grass. The sand traps were completely flat, and had no sand in them. It was like trying to chip out of clay. Glad I got to try a new course to see what Wil-Mar was all about. I can definitely say I will never be going back there.

Response from Wil-Mar Golf Club on 04/08/2018:

Hi Justin, we appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us and are truly sorry that your first experience did not meet your expectations. On behalf of our staff, we are aware that our course conditions are less than ideal at the current time due to the harsh winter and will be running special rates until they improve. Please know we are doing everything we can to help improve them but unfortunately, need warmer weather to come and stay. We appreciate your patience and understanding during this time and hope we can welcome you back for a much better round soon.

FMJQ's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/24/2018
Previously played Used cart Cold weather Verified Purchaser

Geeens not really greens but they will be at some point in time , but right now terribel

Response from Wil-Mar Golf Club on 04/04/2018:

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. On behalf of our staff at Wil-Mar, we are aware that our greens are less than ideal at the current time due to the harsh winter. Please know we are doing as much as we can to help improve them, but we need some warmer weather to stay. We are running discounted rates until our conditions improve, and we truly appreciate your patience during this time.