McCanless Golf Club

2.1

McCanless Golf Club
Yellow 70 5250 yards 61.8 105
Scorecard for Mc Canless
Blue M: 67.2/117 370 355 165 335 400 230 360 339 360 2914 160 345 195 525 410 330 309 380 440 3094 6008
White M: 65.4/111 350 335 145 320 370 195 350 300 350 2715 130 335 175 505 365 300 280 335 430 2855 5570
Yellow M: 61.8/105 340 325 135 280 335 190 340 290 310 2545 125 305 65 430 315 290 265 325 415 2535 5080
Red M: 60.3/101 W: 64.4/109 335 300 135 270 325 175 330 285 310 2465 125 295 105 420 305 280 245 315 405 2495 4960

Year Built 1946
Architect Ken Monroe

Carts Yes - included in green fee

Credit Cards Accepted None

Winter Golf

This course is not long and has very small greens with different varieties of grass in them. I had a 8:00am tee time and showed up at the course with the gate locked at 7:25 but pro was right behind me to unlock. The fairways lack grass and you have to improve your lie to find some.Greens roll around a nine and my partner and I played in two hours and thirty minutes. We were told to wait for the mower to come up second fairway before starting but wasn't informed that he mowed number 9,16 than 1 before we could start. Golfnow had great deal and I will be back to play there.

Great Price but Confusing GolfNow Experience.

As usual, greens were in great shape. People think this course is a push over since it is only 6000 from the back tees. But the greens require tight shots, lots of tight fairways, and its only a par 70. I paid for an 8 am tee time, when normally they offer 12:45. I couldn't tee off until after 9 as the greens were still frozen. Speaking to the guy at check in, they didn't choose to offer that tee time, it was chosen by GolfNow. Wondering why they would offer tee times when it is getting colder out at such an early time.

McAnless

The course is in pretty good condition for later in the year. I was paired with a threesome, one of who was playing for the very first time. I would have been ok with that but the other guy didn’t want to be embarrassed. We asked to play as separate parties. We were charged another cart fee which I understood but didn’t feel it was right. Golf is hard itself let alone as a first timer.

Great for your short game

The course is in good shape, except a couple fairways on the back nine. You need to place your tee shots and be accurate on you approach shots to small greens. Greens are firm, fast, and roll true. Had a great round and everyone was friendly. One suggestion to help the pace of play match up singles, I was one between a foursome and threesome. Will be back to play again

Always a Pleasure

I have never had a bad experience here. Well, as far as the course and staff are concerned. I have had bad rounds everywhere when it comes to score. But the staff, especially the Pro, are always nice all the way down to the grounds staff. A lot of people believe this to be a trash course and too easy. Not true in the least. The greens and tee boxes are always beautiful. The fairways and rough leave something to be desired. Lots of bad patches all over, but not a big deal. Its short, but only par 70. There are some tight holes, occasional dog legs or blind shots, but its very fair. Most of the greens are small too, so you have to be on your game. There is no pressure to play at an unreasonable pace. I have been playing this course for over 20 years.

Quickest round ever

I've played McCanless more than 50 times over the years and the greens keep getting smaller. Soon they won't exist. It's a decent course for the hot deal price of $18- the 25%off I got for Memorial day morning. I teed off at 745 and was done by 945,... not many people out golfing that day I guess. I like the layout except the course is a tad short, but that means a lower score I suppose. This course is about like any other this year with poor fairways but the greens were good and tee boxes were just ok. The greens are hard to hit since they're teeny tiny. Hopefully, one day, they do a green expansion, but I guess it's a trade off for the short yardage of the holes.

Enjoyable Short Course

This is a short course with small greens. A great place to work on accuracy. My dad joined me and as a senior he was excited to find a course that allowed him to hit wedges to greens also.

Excellent for the money

You cannot beat any course whatsoever for 18 holes at $9 for a hot deal. The course is your average course with nothing special. It is well maintained and has all you can ask for. I would highly suggest, if you can get the hot deal I got to go for it. It is a fun course.

Great first-time play @ McCanless

Although this course has some tight fairways and not that long, the small sloping greens add a wonderful challenge. The course was in good shape the greens was exalent and rolled true. The staff was very friendly and went out of his way to make sure we enjoyed our round. Will play again soon.

the friendliest staff I have ever seen a any golf course. We were greeted as soon as we got out of the car. The gentleman brought the cart to us as well. this is my first experience at this course, so they told me of the changes that has happened in the recent year. They are really proud of the improvements, as they should be. Then we headed to the "makeshift" range and found it looks to be about 220yds long and saw a sign that asks to not hit over 240yds. I was kinda sad about that. Saw no putting/chipping greens. The front nine played fairly easily. Ball placement is key at this course. Greens were kinda slow and grabby. The entire field was super dry but I blame Mother Nature. Then we headed to snack bar, the lady at the counter was a very pleasant person, she really brightened up our game. Hat's off to you. Then headed off to 10. The level of difficulty raised o few bars. Many doglegs/difficult greens/ narrow fairways. Overall... a great course with high possibilities. Very short course even from the blue tee. Not really for the long hitters.

Great course. Nice greens. Only downfall is that the price on GolfNow includes a cart but you have to share a cart with another person

Plays Once a year

short but fun

course is not long at all you can maneuver around course fairly easy but bad shots are multiplied danger

China Grove, North Carolina