Year Built 1967
Fairways TifTuf Bermuda
Greens Champion Bermuda
Architect Ellis Maples (1967)

• Golf Advisor: Top 25 Most Improved U.S. Golf Courses (2015 #9)

This course is under rated

I think the course rating and slope need to be reanalyzed based on the new greens, slopes on the greens and the speed of the greens. This course is much more difficult than 124 slope from the white tees!

Great Value for Play in the Pinehurst Area

I'm happy to say that this course has turned the corner in terms of quality, because the conditions and new greens laid in a little over a year ago were perfect.

Not a particularly long or difficult course, the fairways are very wide and forgiving for errant tee balls. The defense of this course lays around an on the greens - guard bunkers and multi-tiered/undulating greens - definitely a challenge for better golfers who seek to hunt pins as the greens in tucked position.

Overall, Quail Ridge is a wonderful value for golf in the area.

Awesome!

I’ve been playing in the Pinehurst area all of my life and I’ve played Quail Ridge my fair share, but I’ve never seen Quail in better condition. The fairways and tee boxes are stripped up and the new Bermuda greens are perfect. I play 100+ rounds per year and on a lot of different courses across the country and right now Quail is as good as anything you can play anywhere. Well worth the trip and a great value! It’s just awesome what the new owners and management have done to the place.

GREAT COURSE AFTER UPGRADES

Played here about 10 years ago. the place was falling apart. now, new owners and the course is great. over seeded fairways and great greens make the course challenging , but fair. many elevation changes. Clubhouse staff very friendly. one of the owners was there as well to great us and say thank you after the round. If your're in the sandhills region of NC, give this course a try. You will enjoy your round. Great value for your money.

If it has rained within a week? Bet this course is soaked

Other than the terrible drainage (which they appear to be working on) course is fun, challenging and rewarding when you play well. Every time I play here I get stuck behind a group during some unpublished tournament it seems. There is one gentleman who works the checkin desk in the proshop who is very unfriendly and looks like everyone is a bother to him. The camping coolers filled with bottled water (not free) is a cheap way out to just having water coolers. In the summer it gets so hot, the warm bottle of water in an un-iced cooler hardly seems refreshing. For a “country club” I expected better amenities. I still enjoy the course and will give them my money solely based on the course layout and challenge.

What a Change!!!

I played this course two years ago and swore I would NEVER come back. Even goats wouldn't be there it was so threadbare. A friend said it had been re-done, but that is an understatement. Greens were impeccable, fairways are coming in very nicely, with just a few places that are still waiting to fill in. Staff was VERY friendly and rightly proud of what has been done to make this a wonderful experience. On one hand, I want everyone to know about this emerging gem. On the other hand it would be better if it remained a secret for all of us who would like to keep for ourselves.

Newly renovated

Completely renovated this past summer. The course has returned to its former self.

Newly redone, new owners

New owners, new championship bermuda greens, new bermuda grass in fariways, new redone clubhouse, etc. Overseeded in rye for winter really makes it nice.

Great value

I have read other reviews of this golf course. I will attach a photo from the #8 fairway to the green. All I will say is you tell me where else in NC you can play in December for $25 on a course that looks like this. Case closed.

Can we say makeover

I have played this course at its worse and have felt like I should have been paid to spend my time out there. But let me tell you the revamped course has the biggest turn around I have ever personally experienced. All new ACTUAL GRASS fairways and greens with new designed club house. This is now a hidden gem and wouldn't expect the low green fees cost to stay that way for long. Got to try it out next chance you get!

Totally Renewed

If you haven't played this course recently you are missing the biggest bang for your buck in the Sandhills. This course just had a major renovation. Fairways, Greens, Clubhouse have all been redone and they just re-opened the grill. Around the corner from Tobacco Road and just down the road from Pinehurst.

Sorry

I feel very sorry for my review. The over all is poor. I am not call this as golf course.

SAD, SAD, SAD

This is perhaps the worst course I have ever seen. Fairways were so bad!! Nice layout but thats about it sad they let it get this way.

Great Layout

The layout/design is very good. Course needs some TLC. Fairways are green with crabgrass. The greens had some patches of bare and diseased grass. Course had been aerated recently so hopefully the greens come back to a more healthy state. It was not crowded so the pace of play was great.

Great Value

With the extreme heat we've been having the past 4-6 weeks, the course was in decent shape. The greens didn't look that great but they still rolled very well. Most holes have wide fairways which is nice if you're not a "hit it down the middle every time" golfer, but there is still enough water and bunkers to get you into trouble if you're not careful. Staff was very friendly and welcoming. If you're looking for fancy, drive a little farther south. For the price, you'll have a hard time finding a better deal. Will definitely be playing again.

Going downhill

Unfortunately, the hot humid summer has impacted the last remaining positive of this course; they're losing many of the greens and some are showing noticeable patches of poa annua. The fairways are still very poor, as well. To make today's game a little more frustrating, the golf shop allowed a fivesome to tee off in front of us, at prime summer tee time, 8:30. This will be my last trip to Quail Ridge this year. I hope they are able to rescue the greens and put more into general upkeep because it can be a fun track when in good condition.

Commented on 11/21/2016

FYI....poa annua will not grow in the summer heat, so the condition you are describing is not poa annua. It may be something else, but certainly isn't what you describe.

Bet it used to be a beauty

So, my daughter and I played on a hot deal for $10 a piece. Honestly, if I would have payed more AO would have been angry. The greens were fine for bent grass in the summer. Just a little crab grass here and there. However, in the fairways, you had to look really hard to find any sprigs of Bermuda. I'm sure this was a great course back in the day, but you can tell there is not nearly enough money to keep it a float. This Ellis Maples track could be so much more.

The greens were in good shape.

Thee greens were in good shape but the fairways need a lot of attention. A lot of weeds and bare spots.

Better lies in the parking lot

Flew to NC to visit my b-I-l for some golf. He just moved from California and we were looking T local courses to play. Very friendly staff, good pace of play , reasonable greens, but oh my the tees and fairways - wow. Have experienced this scrabble type of play anywhere.
But hey - we had some beers and had fun nonetheless.

Olivia, North Carolina