Talamore Golf Resort

Type Public/Resort
Talamore Golf Resort
Green (W) 71 5470 yards 70.2 125
Scorecard for Talamore
Gold M: 72.4/132 623 201 412 509 184 354 442 415 368 3508 370 527 422 182 383 238 444 340 426 3332 6840
Blue M: 70.4/129 609 181 397 494 166 329 422 400 352 3350 358 514 409 164 368 221 428 322 400 3184 6534
White M: 68.4/121 W: 74.0/133 564 164 372 463 140 304 402 373 335 3117 309 494 381 134 333 191 396 302 368 2908 6025
Green M: 65.2/112 W: 70.2/125 437 131 331 454 135 298 382 325 235 2728 306 452 355 121 328 156 370 292 362 2742 5470
Red M: 63.1/106 W: 67.4/116 432 121 326 412 108 264 245 320 217 2445 280 447 350 100 289 151 362 267 286 2532 4977

Year Built 1991
Fairways Champion Bermuda Grass
Greens Champion Bermuda Grass
Architect Rees Jones (1991) Greg Muirhead (1991) Shapemasters (2016)

Bunker No
Golf Simulator No
Practice Hole No

Single Allowed No
Dress code Proper golf attire.

Response from #TalamoreGolfResort on 10/03/2018:
Thank you for coming back for another great round at Talamore! We're happy you chose to play our course again and hope to see back again soon!

The course was in excellent shape. A beautiful layout. Very “finished” look. The greens were lightning fast.

Response from #TalamoreGolfResort on 08/31/2018:
Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience from your round at Talamore, Gary!
Response from #TalamoreGolfResort on 08/31/2018:
Thank you for rating us 5-stars!

A little disappointing

I played this course two years ago, and the conditions were much better.

This course has the potential but the tee boxes were garbage. Way overpriced, but a tremendous staff

Response from #TalamoreGolfResort on 08/31/2018:
Thank you for coming back out to play at Talamore and for your feedback on your experience.

Visitor from Jacksonville Fl

Thoroughly enjoyed this course. I was visiting friends in Greensboro, and wanted to play something different this time. Love the rolling, hilly fairways and the course scenery. Not often you see an Alpaca on a golf course! Greens rolled phenomenally well.

Response from #TalamoreGolfResort on 08/31/2018:
We're glad you enjoyed playing Talamore! The course is definitely different than the courses you are used to playing in Florida!

Great layout

Booked Talamore as a Hotdeal

12:00 tee time. A little hot but we tee'd off exactly at noon. Staff very friendly, course in great shape. Greens held a good shot and putted true. Pace of play 4hr 2 mins.

We will be back.

Response from #TalamoreGolfResort on 08/31/2018:
We're glad you enjoyed a fantastic round at a great price, Larry! We look forward to having you back to play Talamore again next time you are in the area!
Response from #TalamoreGolfResort on 07/30/2018:
Thank you for rating The New Course at Talamore 5-stars!

Talamore Round on track to exceed 6 plus hours

We arrived to a packed parking lot and practice area. The course was also filled with golfers. I asked the office staff if they were hosting an outing and was told no. While waiting on the first tee , the starter informed us that they had one group of 170 golfers from Virginia who had gone off both the first tee and the 10th tee. It took us a total of 22 minutes to complete the first hole . When we arrived at hole #2 there was a fivesome still waiting to tee off ..At that point we turned around and went to play a Pinehurst course which we finished 18 holes in 3hours and 18 minutes . Please call me to discuss this experience.

Response from #TalamoreGolfResort on 07/30/2018:
Hello Jlyalc, we're sorry to hear that your most recent visit to Talamore Golf Resort was anything short of 5-stars. Due to reviewer privacy, we do not have your contact information to reach out to you, but are open to discuss your round of golf with you at your convenience. Please reach out to our General Manager, Matt at 910-692-5884 ex 125 or via email at matt@talamore.com.

Even for a hot deal, they are stealing from you

What a disaster. All the greens were punched a week ago and were slow and bumpy. And for the past few days they have been punching all the fairways and tee boxes. The tee boxes have zero grass on them, so your hitting off dirt on every hole. When you hit the ball in the fairways it bounces off clods of dirt and grass so thick that I actually had trouble finding my ball on 3 holes. What really bothered me about this was that it WAS NOT posted in GOlf Now! No aeriarion alert. But that’s not even the worst part about playing this course.

I arrived an hour and fifteen minutes early for my round to find the parking lot empty and only one drunk guy in the bar/restaurant. After putting and streatching for 30 minutes, not on group tees off, and the parking lot was still empty. I walked back the the pro shop and asked the guy if I should just tee off since the place as so empty, and he said no! You paid online at golf now and even though there was literally NOONE else there, I had to wait an hour for me tee time to go off or pay an additional $25 dollars to go off right away. I couldn’t believe it, but I told him that I’d sit there for the hour. After ten minutes of sitting in a cart, passing time and getting more mad by the second, the pro sop guy opens the side door and yells”Go”! I couldn’t believe this guy was actually yelling at me, I’m fifty five years old, not 6. So I just staired at him and shock and he did it again! “Go!” Unbelievable. I was totally blown away, no one has talked to me like that in at least 30 years. Then he did it again!!! This time he says “Go! Go tee off from the first tee!” I couldn’t even speak I was so surprised, I just drove off.

My suggestion to you is, DO NOT PAY the $75 they want to play this course under any circumstances. If you get a hot deal and pay $55, make sure you find the course conditions with them before you pay. I strongly believe the literally stole my money today. Terrible value for the money.

Response from #TalamoreGolfResort on 07/10/2018:
Talamore has a strict tee time reservation policy for all of our bookers, whether it be online or over the phone, and apologize that this was an inconvenience during your visit. Our Pro Shop Staff has done a great job of complimenting our online aerification advisories by informing all of our golfers upon arrival that the course was aerified, but we are sorry to hear of the confusion that our putting greens were different conditions compared to the rest of the course. We would love to hear more about your experience, and any other thoughts on our layout or facilities if you would like to reach out to our General Manager to discuss this further. He can be reached at 910-692-5884. Thank you.
u044044718
Commented On 07/10/2018

Per the courses comments below, there was no aerification advisory, none. If there had been I would have booked elsewhere. And what made this course a terrible experience, beyond the terrible conditions, was the incredibly rude staff. My comments stand, I would avoid this course at all costs, especially since there are so many other outstanding courses in the area that treat their customers with a base level of kindness and respect.

Response from #TalamoreGolfResort on 07/20/2018:
Thank you for coming out to Talamore Golf Resort and providing your feedback on your experience.

Well Conditioned Beast

Hot deal tee time of July 4 was a bargain. Greens had recent been plugged, but were relatively smooth.

Outstanding conditioning otherwise, but keep in mind, this is a beast. Jumps on you quickly on the first two holes, only a couple of breather holes.

High handicaper's nightmare!

Response from #TalamoreGolfResort on 07/20/2018:
We're glad you enjoyed a great Independence Day at Talamore! Thank you for sharing your experience on the conditions and we hope you'll come back to tackle some of the course's challenges again soon!

Great First time play

The staff was extremely friendly and knowledgable. The course is very good. I would play this course again. I recommend playing this course if you get the chance.

Response from #TalamoreGolfResort on 07/20/2018:
Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience from your first round at Talamore! We're glad you enjoyed the course and hope you'll be back again soon!

First time at Talamore

Absolutely beautiful course in excellent condition. Very challenging, particularly the greens. Extremely hot and sunny the day we played, but we had a terrific time.

Response from #TalamoreGolfResort on 06/22/2018:
We're happy to hear you enjoyed a great first experience despite the early summer heat! Thank you for coming out to Talamore!

Very Nice

we stayed in the villas. (very nice) played 18 at Talamore. Great experience. Nice condition and greens very good.

Response from #TalamoreGolfResort on 06/22/2018:
Thank you for sharing your great stay and play experience at Talamore! We're glad you enjoyed your first time out on the course and will come back for another trip again soon!

Loved the course

Loved the course and the customer service was great from the bag drop to the pro shop, Enjoyed the course and even with the recent rains the course handled it well and no issues. Great greens. First time in the area and will look forward to playing again in the future..

Response from #TalamoreGolfResort on 06/22/2018:
We appreciate you sharing your great overall experience! We look forward to seeing you back again!

I Love Talamore!

I played Talamore the very first time the year it opened back in the early 90's. The llama's as caddies were a novelty but the course was ry and hard; the trees hadn't come in and I did not enjoy it. Fast forward 25 years and it is absolutely one of my favorite courses in the area. It's always in good condition; often in great condition. The layout of TOUGH but fair. The surroundings are beautiful. The greens yesterday were some of the truest and fastest I've ever played. I love Talamore!!1

Response from #TalamoreGolfResort on 04/17/2018:
Thank you for coming back out to Talamore! We've done a lot to change over the last 25 years and we're glad you loved the new course! We hope you'll be back much sooner for your next round!

Fast green

If you want fast green, Talamore is your place. The grass is still dorment and that was a downer but the greens were extra special, very fast. made you really respect every putt. The fairways were goof but off the spayed on green color grass it was just OK.

Loved it .

Response from #TalamoreGolfResort on 04/08/2018:
Thank you for your feedback on your round at The New Course at Talamore, Timothy. We're glad you loved your first visit and hope you will come back to play again soon!

Awesome

Fun course. Makes you wanna go back. Awesome all around.

Response from #TalamoreGolfResort on 02/27/2018:
Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience! We're glad you enjoyed the course and hope you will come back!

The new talamore

What a great surprise to play on the reworked course. The greens are great, uniform, and fair. The fronts of all the greens were French drained. The waste areas were now very fair and the new traps made the holes distinct. The cart paths were redone. It is clear that the owners spent 2 + million and they got a fine course.

Response from #TalamoreGolfResort on 02/27/2018:
Thank you for reviewing your first round on the redesigned New Course at Talamore, Doug! We appreciate your 5-stars and are glad you enjoyed all of the improvements we made!

Much Improved and it was Good Before

What a local gem. Highly recommend this course to anyone

Response from #TalamoreGolfResort on 02/20/2018:
Thank you for your recommendation and 5-star rating, soonerfan13! We appreciate you coming back for another great round and are happy to hear you enjoyed the improvements we have made!
1.5