Type Public/Resort
Talamore Golf Resort

Year Built 1991
Fairways Champion Bermuda Grass
Greens Champion Bermuda Grass
Architect Rees Jones (1991) Greg Muirhead (1991) Shapemasters (2016)

Bunker No
Golf Simulator No
Practice Hole No

Single Allowed No
Dress code Proper golf attire.

Great course. Greens were stellar as always. Little unkempt around the edges. Rough could be trimmed a little

Commented on 05/27/2020

Thank you for leaving 4 stars! We love hearing from you and are glad you had a good experience. We would love the opportunity to bump those 4 stars to 5. We hope you will come back soon so we can wow you on your next visit.

Perfect conditions; well maintained

Was first out with buddy so cruised around in 3 hrs. Course was in great condition. Greens firm and fast despite recent rains (6+ inches in prior week). Practice green was immaculate and prepared you for the round. Driving range was very nice and you hit off grass. Some bunkers had ruts from rains and a few had water.
Course is spread out so not walker friendly as long walks from greens to tees.
Holes are varied with nice mix or doglegs left and right. Not a tight course but trouble lurks if you spray it.
Would definitely play again.

Commented on 05/20/2020

Wow - Thank you for the five star review! We are happy to have exceeded your expectations. We love hearing from you and are glad you had a great experience. We look forward to having you back again soon!

Midland Masters

Good track. Greens need another 2 weeks. The fairways are just fair. Tight lies. Overall very good. I would play again. $100 is high. $80 is more like it.

Fast Greens.

Course was in great shape. Not a difficult course but really fun to play. Greens were fast!

Commented on 05/20/2020

Greens were in perfect condition And the fast speed added some challenge. Fairways great. Pace of play extremely good (played in a Monday). I’d recommend to my friends.

Commented on 05/12/2020

Perfect shaped

Beautiful layout and kept well maintained course throughout. Love every bits of it.

Commented on 05/11/2020

Hi, We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Talamore Golf Resort. We look forward to seeing you at the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Commented on 05/12/2020

One of my favorites - and getting better

Outstanding day to play and great conditions. Course still working some finishing touches but fairways and greens in great shape. Fast greens.

Amazing experience

Golf course was stunning. Can’t even count the amount of times someone in our group mentioned how beautiful a certain hole looked. Pace of play was amazing, we didn’t see anyone the whole day. The starter Lou was a treat. Wanted him to ride around with us the entire round. He was great... just a great Pinehurst course. Could be my favorite in the area... make sure you play here if you can!

An Absolute Gem

Great course, friendly staff, great conditions. Not a bad thing to say about the entire course.

Best greens in NC

Talamore is a must play in North Carolina. With the quality of golf in the surrounding area, I would put the greens at Talamore up against any around. You WILL NOT be disappointed playing this course. Wish we played another 18 right after. Also, the starter might have been one of the nicest and most professional people I’ve met. MUST PLAY!!!

Commented on 05/04/2020

Wow - Thank you for the five star review! A must play is a great compliment. We are happy to have exceeded your expectations. We love hearing from you and are glad you had a great experience. We look forward to having you back again soon!

4 birdie day

Course starts out pretty tough to start greens were true and fast. Staff was super friendly great value

Commented on 04/20/2020

Great Value and Course

Coming from out of town I just wanted to go with a place that had an early hot deal. Talamore was that place. The course conditions were great. The greens were perfect and very receptive. The course states that number 16 is the #1 handicap and im not sure why because the toughest hole of the day was for sure #1. Decent par 5 right out of the gate. Staff was friendly. Would definitely play here again should I be in the area.

Amazing

1st time playing This course and I have to say it was all that I expected. Course was in excellent condition and the greens were some of the best I have ever played. Look forward to the next time, will definitely be back

Commented on 04/02/2020

Wow - Thank you for the five star review!
Your first visit to our course is definitely exciting. We understand there are many options and are so glad you gave us a try. We are happy to have exceeded your expectations. We look forward to having you back again soon and developing a lasting relationship with you. Until then, take care!

Must play this gem!

My first 5 star review goes to Talamore without hesitation. Wonderful and extremely friendly staff. Great and challenging course layout. Course management is helpful to score well on this track and there are a few holes that reward hitting bombs. Fluffy and true sand traps. Well manicured fairways. Nice carts with accurate gps. Dirt cart paths were smooth as pavement. But the real victory are the pristine greens! Fast and smooth like the ones on tour. If you’re thinking about playing Talamore, do it and enjoy.

Commented on 04/02/2020

Wow - Thank you for the great five star review! We are happy to have exceeded your expectations. We love hearing from you and are glad you had a great experience. We look forward to having you back again soon!

Excellent

I was very impressed with everything .played at 9:45 welcomed by a informative starter, The course Pro gave us excellent information ,.The course was fun , challenging and beautiful. we will be back ,thanks Talmore well done

Commented on 04/01/2020

WOW

First time playing since the redo. Everything was in great shape. Greens are one of the best in the area.

We will be back!!!

Commented on 04/01/2020

Wow - Thank you for the five star review Les! We are happy to have exceeded your expectations. We love hearing from you and are glad you had a great experience. We look forward to having you back again soon!

Commented on 03/03/2020