Talamore Golf Resort

Type Public/Resort
Talamore Golf Resort
Green (W) 71 5470 yards 70.2 125
Scorecard for Talamore
Gold M: 72.4/132 623 201 412 509 184 354 442 415 368 3508 370 527 422 182 383 238 444 340 426 3332 6840
Blue M: 70.4/129 609 181 397 494 166 329 422 400 352 3350 358 514 409 164 368 221 428 322 400 3184 6534
White M: 68.4/121 W: 74.0/133 564 164 372 463 140 304 402 373 335 3117 309 494 381 134 333 191 396 302 368 2908 6025
Green M: 65.2/112 W: 70.2/125 437 131 331 454 135 298 382 325 235 2728 306 452 355 121 328 156 370 292 362 2742 5470
Red M: 63.1/106 W: 67.4/116 432 121 326 412 108 264 245 320 217 2445 280 447 350 100 289 151 362 267 286 2532 4977

Year Built 1991
Fairways Champion Bermuda Grass
Greens Champion Bermuda Grass
Architect Rees Jones (1991) Greg Muirhead (1991) Shapemasters (2016)

Bunker No
Golf Simulator No
Practice Hole No

Single Allowed No
Dress code Proper golf attire.

Would Play Again

This is my 3rd time at Talamore. I enjoy the course and it is a super deal for a Hot Deal. Was disappointed in the 5some in front of us. For a course that nice and for it being in the Pinehurst area, I expect the starter/marshal to not allow that. I drive a distance to avoid 5somes at our local course! Staff was friendly and the course is well laid out.

Response from #TalamoreGolfResort on 02/11/2019:
Thank you for coming back and sharing your last great experience at Talamore, Mr. Allen! We appreciate your feedback and compliments of our staff.

One of my favorite course in Pinehurst if not the best.

What could I say Talamore, just keeps getting better and better. I have been here since the beginning where there was no homes and only one road to get in and out of the course. Resse Jones did a fantastic job on building the course and as times have change and so has the course. The new improved course of taken out of the many bunkers and redoing the greens to the New Hybrid has been great. I use to know ever green by heart but even though some shuttle changes they have remained great and now no ( or very few ) ball marks. There are still working on the course on opening it up, you know can see a few holes from the others which it just makes it more appealing. Also they set it up so you no longer have cart path only like they did for over 20 years. Unfortunately we have had way to much rain these past 7-8 months there are spots where they had to block off and I wish people would watch where they are driving and have common sense cause there were tire tracks cause it was still wet in other areas. Although the fairways were paint which make the course looks green, I think of all the other course that I have played still has the best fairways with grass in the area.. Yes they might be thin cause of the winter, I thought they were in the best shape.of the courses that I have played. Great job everyone.

Response from #TalamoreGolfResort on 02/01/2019:
Thank you for all of your kind words, Kay! We all are happy to hear you enjoyed another great visit to Talamore Golf Resort and enjoyed the upgrades that were made to the New Course since your last visit. We look forward to seeing you back out on the course!

Hospitality

First time playing this course. The course has an excellent layout and I really enjoyed it. There was one thing that stood out above all, the hospitality of the staff. Pro shop employee and the starter gave me great tips on how to play the course. I felt welcomed and I had a great round of golf.

Response from #TalamoreGolfResort on 02/01/2019:
We're glad you enjoyed a tremendous first experience at Talamore and enjoyed the course! Thank you for your 5-stars and we hope that you'll come back for another great round of golf soon!

Awesome experience as always.

From the pro shop to the last green, Talamore is a great course.

Response from #TalamoreGolfResort on 02/01/2019:
Thank you for your 5-star review, Ray! We're glad you enjoyed a great overall experience at Talamore!

Hidden Gem

Have played many of the local courses and resorts and at the last minute decided to play Talamore. Very friendly staff and despite heavy rainfall the days before the course was in remarkable condition. Greens were incredible! Fast and true, the best I’ve played regardless of price. Our group will definitely be back to play .

Response from #TalamoreGolfResort on 01/03/2019:
We're glad you enjoyed a great first visit to Talamore Golf Resort, Glenn! Thank you for sharing your experience and we look forward to your groups next trip out here!

Fun to play staff seemed a little annoyed about playing after frost. Round was great!

Response from #TalamoreGolfResort on 12/17/2018:
Hi Mike, we're glad you enjoyed your experience and appreciate your feedback from your 5-star round at Talamore! We hope you'll be back to play another again soon!

Fast Greens

If you enjoy fast greens, you have to play here.

Greens: A

Fairways: A-

Bunkers: A-

As of Dec. 3 2018

Response from #TalamoreGolfResort on 12/17/2018:
It looks like you enjoyed them! Thank you for your 5-star review, bangdaly74! We hope you'll be back to take them on again soon!

Talamore A friendly test

Fantastic layout...tricky Bermuda greens. A pleasure to play.

Response from #TalamoreGolfResort on 11/27/2018:
We're glad you enjoyed the challenges our layout presents at Talamore, fshaw! Thank you for your 5-star review of the course and we hope you will come back to play it again soon!

Beautiful day

Course is in great shape. Cannot day enough about the experience. Staff, course and conditions were absolutely perfect. Greens were slick, but was able to adjust on the back. Highly recommended.

Response from #TalamoreGolfResort on 11/27/2018:
Thank you for such an overwhelmingly positive 5-star review, Taylor! We really appreciate you sharing your experience and your compliments of our tremendous staff! We hope you'll come back to visit us for another round soon!

Amazing day

I have played many “high end” courses, and I must say this was one of if not the best one. Had an eight o’c Tee time, and it was a little chilly but a perfect morning.

The course was in surprisingly good shape after a week of rain, greens were quick, but rolled true. If I had to point out one negative was that there seemed to be a little confusion between the guy who put the bags on the cart and the starter as to what position the pins were that day.

Other than that, could not ask for a better day.

Will definitely be back

Response from #TalamoreGolfResort on 11/19/2018:
Thank you for sharing your amazing first experience playing at Talamore, Brad! We're happy to hear how much you enjoyed your round and appreciate your feedback. Look forward to seeing you back here again!

I love Talamore!

This is a great layout that always seems to be in excellent condition, The greens are fantastic! I love playing at Talamore!

Response from #TalamoreGolfResort on 11/05/2018:
And we love having your here! Thank you for your wonderful 5-star review, zanardi! We hope to have you back for another great round at Talamore soon!

Talamore

Very nice course. Nice layout. Forward tees are very helpful for senior ladies.

Response from #TalamoreGolfResort on 10/24/2018:
Thank you for your 5-star review! We're incredibly grateful for your compliments of the course and layout, since it is still pretty new to us, and are glad you found the tees suited perfectly for you! We have some great tee times available this holiday season and hope you will join us for another round soon!
Response from #TalamoreGolfResort on 10/03/2018:
Thank you for coming back for another great round at Talamore! We're happy you chose to play our course again and hope to see back again soon!

The course was in excellent shape. A beautiful layout. Very “finished” look. The greens were lightning fast.

Response from #TalamoreGolfResort on 08/31/2018:
Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience from your round at Talamore, Gary!
Response from #TalamoreGolfResort on 08/31/2018:
Thank you for rating us 5-stars!

A little disappointing

I played this course two years ago, and the conditions were much better.

This course has the potential but the tee boxes were garbage. Way overpriced, but a tremendous staff

Response from #TalamoreGolfResort on 08/31/2018:
Thank you for coming back out to play at Talamore and for your feedback on your experience.

Visitor from Jacksonville Fl

Thoroughly enjoyed this course. I was visiting friends in Greensboro, and wanted to play something different this time. Love the rolling, hilly fairways and the course scenery. Not often you see an Alpaca on a golf course! Greens rolled phenomenally well.

Response from #TalamoreGolfResort on 08/31/2018:
We're glad you enjoyed playing Talamore! The course is definitely different than the courses you are used to playing in Florida!

Great layout

Booked Talamore as a Hotdeal

12:00 tee time. A little hot but we tee'd off exactly at noon. Staff very friendly, course in great shape. Greens held a good shot and putted true. Pace of play 4hr 2 mins.

We will be back.

Response from #TalamoreGolfResort on 08/31/2018:
We're glad you enjoyed a fantastic round at a great price, Larry! We look forward to having you back to play Talamore again next time you are in the area!
Response from #TalamoreGolfResort on 07/30/2018:
Thank you for rating The New Course at Talamore 5-stars!

Talamore Round on track to exceed 6 plus hours

We arrived to a packed parking lot and practice area. The course was also filled with golfers. I asked the office staff if they were hosting an outing and was told no. While waiting on the first tee , the starter informed us that they had one group of 170 golfers from Virginia who had gone off both the first tee and the 10th tee. It took us a total of 22 minutes to complete the first hole . When we arrived at hole #2 there was a fivesome still waiting to tee off ..At that point we turned around and went to play a Pinehurst course which we finished 18 holes in 3hours and 18 minutes . Please call me to discuss this experience.

Response from #TalamoreGolfResort on 07/30/2018:
Hello Jlyalc, we're sorry to hear that your most recent visit to Talamore Golf Resort was anything short of 5-stars. Due to reviewer privacy, we do not have your contact information to reach out to you, but are open to discuss your round of golf with you at your convenience. Please reach out to our General Manager, Matt at 910-692-5884 ex 125 or via email at matt@talamore.com.
3.9019705882