View from the 18th tee at Talamore Golf Resort

Talamore Golf Resort

Year Built 1991
Fairways Champion Bermuda Grass
Greens Champion Bermuda Grass
Architect Rees Jones (1991) Greg Muirhead (1991) Shapemasters (2016)

Bunker No
Golf Simulator No
Practice Hole No

Single Allowed No
Dress code Proper golf attire.

Bar

Clubhouse, Banquet Facilities

Commented on 09/21/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, joyschmalzle! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Talamore Golf Resort!

Superb

First time playing here in about 15 years. Course layout & condition were superb. Good test of golf, but very fun as well. All staff encountered were friendly and helpful. Definitely one of the best courses in the area and a must-play while there.

Commented on 09/21/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, adaberne7! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Talamore Golf Resort!

Best value in Pinehurst

Terrific golf course, excellent condition, Fast greens, and great price. Been traveling to Pinehurst every year and played almost every course In the area including 7 of 9 Pinehurst Courses, Pine Needles, MidPines, Pinewild, CCNC, Tobacco Road, Dormie. Talamore is top 5 and is cheaper to play than all of the above. Don’t miss it if you're in Pinehurst

Commented on 09/21/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, u000003868996! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Talamore Golf Resort!

Good value

Course was in solid shape for the price and the greens were rolling fast

Commented on 09/21/2020

Thank you for visiting us at Talamore Golf Resort. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

TallyHo!

Best conditions for the $ in all of Pinehurst this summer! Do yourself a favor and grab a tee-time at this beauty- thank me later! Also- plan on Dbl fisting the $4 Bloody Mary's that the bartender created with extra deliciousness- BIG FAN TALLY!!! EXCEEDED ALL EXPECTATIONS!!!

Commented on 09/21/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, panuthos! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Talamore Golf Resort!

One of my favorites in the area. Great course, great conditions.

Commented on 09/21/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, u314159754793! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Talamore Golf Resort!

Awesome course

Wonderful customer service and great conditions! Incredible greens! I love playing Talamore!

Commented on 09/21/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, Ray6133068! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Talamore Golf Resort!

Very nice

The course was excellent. The greens were hard and fast; rolled true and were pure. Coming off a week of solid rain i was expecting a soggy Mess but the course drains very well. The bunkers were not great because of the rain. The staff had not made it to them, still cutting the grass from a week of storms. My pet peeve for courses are the tee boxes, I really notice tee boxes that are not level. There were a couple of tee boxes that were far from level but only a few. I would play as often as i could just for the greens!

Commented on 09/21/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, Randall9750593! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Talamore Golf Resort!

Commented on 09/21/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, lynnaudrey! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Talamore Golf Resort!

Love Talamore

Course is great. They were crowded today but the course conditions were great.

Commented on 09/21/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, Les2162268! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Talamore Golf Resort!

Awesom

It’s been 15 years since I played it last. What a great course, not a blade of grass out of place. A must play for anyone coming to the area.

Commented on 09/21/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, dpitt72! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Talamore Golf Resort!

Must play in Pinehurst area

No chipping green or practice bunker. Practice putting green was a good indicator of what on course greens would be like....fast and smooth. Honestly psyched me out a little. I played white tees on the front and a mix of white and blue on the back (#10, #11 & #17) as white tees too short on the back. Intended #14 also but forgot. My average score is 83. I shot 45-43. Struggled with 21 putts on the front. 16 on the back. What I should have done on these fast and smooth greens was to take a shorter backstroke but be sure to accelerate thru. I did the opposite.
Course conditions perfect. GPS units on the carts. Great layout with nice mix of left and right doglegs, nice elevation changes, mounding, sodwall bunkers. #18 only hole with water on it....have to hit your drive over a lake. Course open enough where you shouldn't honestly lose a ball. Primary challenge is around the greens. $90 for a Sunday afternoon round was well worth it.
My son & I played 4 solid courses while there. We ranked them from least to best.....Legacy, Talamore, Mid South, Tobacco Road. Legacy 4.5 stars, the rest 5 stars.

Commented on 09/21/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, ddzion! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Talamore Golf Resort!

Early Start

Talamore has the best greens around. The are fast, roll true, but still hold on a good approach. Layout is good except I am not fond of the separation of fairways forcing you to hit less club to stay in the fairway with a longer approach. I get it just not a fan. Other than that this course is immaculate. Two putts are never a gimme here.

Commented on 08/06/2020

Wow - Thank you for the five star review! We are happy to have exceeded your expectations. We love hearing from you and are glad you had a great experience. We look forward to having you back again soon!

5 star for sure

Great shape greens were perfect!! Us kids golf we’re having practice rounds for their golf championship’s kinda slow play but all in all had a great time starter was a great guy by the way

Commented on 07/27/2020

Fantastic everything!

Very fun course. Played the whites and it was manageable. From the tips would make it a challenge and almost a completely different experience. Staff was great and very welcoming for my first round there. I will be back.

Commented on 07/24/2020

Commented on 07/23/2020

Thank you for leaving 4 stars! We love hearing from you and are glad you had a good experience. We would love the opportunity to bump those 4 stars to 5. We hope you will come back soon so we can wow you on your next visit.

Can’t go wrong playing Talamore

This is a course all the great things one would look for when playing golf. It has a great variety of holes, including a huge starting par 5, varied and challenging yet exciting par 3s and a mix of par 4s that gives you many options for how you want to play them. So the layout and the beauty of the course is top notch. We happened to play the course about a week after aeration but the conditions and shape of the greens were still great. In fact the aeration didn’t really factor at all Into the round. In addition the staff were friendly and welcoming and I truly believe that that fact can really help your day at the course start of on the right foot. We certainly felt welcome and really appreciated that they even gave us extra ice to carry on an especially hot day..