Talamore Golf Resort

Type Public/Resort
Talamore Golf Resort
Green (W) 71 5470 yards 70.2 125
Scorecard for Talamore
Gold M: 72.4/132 623 201 412 509 184 354 442 415 368 3508 370 527 422 182 383 238 444 340 426 3332 6840
Blue M: 70.4/129 609 181 397 494 166 329 422 400 352 3350 358 514 409 164 368 221 428 322 400 3184 6534
White M: 68.4/121 W: 74.0/133 564 164 372 463 140 304 402 373 335 3117 309 494 381 134 333 191 396 302 368 2908 6025
Green M: 65.2/112 W: 70.2/125 437 131 331 454 135 298 382 325 235 2728 306 452 355 121 328 156 370 292 362 2742 5470
Red M: 63.1/106 W: 67.4/116 432 121 326 412 108 264 245 320 217 2445 280 447 350 100 289 151 362 267 286 2532 4977

Year Built 1991
Fairways Champion Bermuda Grass
Greens Champion Bermuda Grass
Architect Rees Jones (1991) Greg Muirhead (1991) Shapemasters (2016)

Bunker No
Golf Simulator No
Practice Hole No

Single Allowed No
Dress code Proper golf attire.

Hidden Gem

Have played many of the local courses and resorts and at the last minute decided to play Talamore. Very friendly staff and despite heavy rainfall the days before the course was in remarkable condition. Greens were incredible! Fast and true, the best I’ve played regardless of price. Our group will definitely be back to play .

Response from #TalamoreGolfResort on 01/03/2019:
We're glad you enjoyed a great first visit to Talamore Golf Resort, Glenn! Thank you for sharing your experience and we look forward to your groups next trip out here!

Fun to play staff seemed a little annoyed about playing after frost. Round was great!

Response from #TalamoreGolfResort on 12/17/2018:
Hi Mike, we're glad you enjoyed your experience and appreciate your feedback from your 5-star round at Talamore! We hope you'll be back to play another again soon!

Fast Greens

If you enjoy fast greens, you have to play here.

Greens: A

Fairways: A-

Bunkers: A-

As of Dec. 3 2018

Response from #TalamoreGolfResort on 12/17/2018:
It looks like you enjoyed them! Thank you for your 5-star review, bangdaly74! We hope you'll be back to take them on again soon!

Talamore A friendly test

Fantastic layout...tricky Bermuda greens. A pleasure to play.

Response from #TalamoreGolfResort on 11/27/2018:
We're glad you enjoyed the challenges our layout presents at Talamore, fshaw! Thank you for your 5-star review of the course and we hope you will come back to play it again soon!

Beautiful day

Course is in great shape. Cannot day enough about the experience. Staff, course and conditions were absolutely perfect. Greens were slick, but was able to adjust on the back. Highly recommended.

Response from #TalamoreGolfResort on 11/27/2018:
Thank you for such an overwhelmingly positive 5-star review, Taylor! We really appreciate you sharing your experience and your compliments of our tremendous staff! We hope you'll come back to visit us for another round soon!

Amazing day

I have played many “high end” courses, and I must say this was one of if not the best one. Had an eight o’c Tee time, and it was a little chilly but a perfect morning.

The course was in surprisingly good shape after a week of rain, greens were quick, but rolled true. If I had to point out one negative was that there seemed to be a little confusion between the guy who put the bags on the cart and the starter as to what position the pins were that day.

Other than that, could not ask for a better day.

Will definitely be back

Response from #TalamoreGolfResort on 11/19/2018:
Thank you for sharing your amazing first experience playing at Talamore, Brad! We're happy to hear how much you enjoyed your round and appreciate your feedback. Look forward to seeing you back here again!

I love Talamore!

This is a great layout that always seems to be in excellent condition, The greens are fantastic! I love playing at Talamore!

Response from #TalamoreGolfResort on 11/05/2018:
And we love having your here! Thank you for your wonderful 5-star review, zanardi! We hope to have you back for another great round at Talamore soon!

Talamore

Very nice course. Nice layout. Forward tees are very helpful for senior ladies.

Response from #TalamoreGolfResort on 10/24/2018:
Thank you for your 5-star review! We're incredibly grateful for your compliments of the course and layout, since it is still pretty new to us, and are glad you found the tees suited perfectly for you! We have some great tee times available this holiday season and hope you will join us for another round soon!
Response from #TalamoreGolfResort on 10/03/2018:
Thank you for coming back for another great round at Talamore! We're happy you chose to play our course again and hope to see back again soon!

The course was in excellent shape. A beautiful layout. Very “finished” look. The greens were lightning fast.

Response from #TalamoreGolfResort on 08/31/2018:
Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience from your round at Talamore, Gary!
Response from #TalamoreGolfResort on 08/31/2018:
Thank you for rating us 5-stars!

A little disappointing

I played this course two years ago, and the conditions were much better.

This course has the potential but the tee boxes were garbage. Way overpriced, but a tremendous staff

Response from #TalamoreGolfResort on 08/31/2018:
Thank you for coming back out to play at Talamore and for your feedback on your experience.

Visitor from Jacksonville Fl

Thoroughly enjoyed this course. I was visiting friends in Greensboro, and wanted to play something different this time. Love the rolling, hilly fairways and the course scenery. Not often you see an Alpaca on a golf course! Greens rolled phenomenally well.

Response from #TalamoreGolfResort on 08/31/2018:
We're glad you enjoyed playing Talamore! The course is definitely different than the courses you are used to playing in Florida!

Great layout

Booked Talamore as a Hotdeal

12:00 tee time. A little hot but we tee'd off exactly at noon. Staff very friendly, course in great shape. Greens held a good shot and putted true. Pace of play 4hr 2 mins.

We will be back.

Response from #TalamoreGolfResort on 08/31/2018:
We're glad you enjoyed a fantastic round at a great price, Larry! We look forward to having you back to play Talamore again next time you are in the area!
Response from #TalamoreGolfResort on 07/30/2018:
Thank you for rating The New Course at Talamore 5-stars!

Talamore Round on track to exceed 6 plus hours

We arrived to a packed parking lot and practice area. The course was also filled with golfers. I asked the office staff if they were hosting an outing and was told no. While waiting on the first tee , the starter informed us that they had one group of 170 golfers from Virginia who had gone off both the first tee and the 10th tee. It took us a total of 22 minutes to complete the first hole . When we arrived at hole #2 there was a fivesome still waiting to tee off ..At that point we turned around and went to play a Pinehurst course which we finished 18 holes in 3hours and 18 minutes . Please call me to discuss this experience.

Response from #TalamoreGolfResort on 07/30/2018:
Hello Jlyalc, we're sorry to hear that your most recent visit to Talamore Golf Resort was anything short of 5-stars. Due to reviewer privacy, we do not have your contact information to reach out to you, but are open to discuss your round of golf with you at your convenience. Please reach out to our General Manager, Matt at 910-692-5884 ex 125 or via email at matt@talamore.com.

Even for a hot deal, they are stealing from you

What a disaster. All the greens were punched a week ago and were slow and bumpy. And for the past few days they have been punching all the fairways and tee boxes. The tee boxes have zero grass on them, so your hitting off dirt on every hole. When you hit the ball in the fairways it bounces off clods of dirt and grass so thick that I actually had trouble finding my ball on 3 holes. What really bothered me about this was that it WAS NOT posted in GOlf Now! No aeriarion alert. But that’s not even the worst part about playing this course.

I arrived an hour and fifteen minutes early for my round to find the parking lot empty and only one drunk guy in the bar/restaurant. After putting and streatching for 30 minutes, not on group tees off, and the parking lot was still empty. I walked back the the pro shop and asked the guy if I should just tee off since the place as so empty, and he said no! You paid online at golf now and even though there was literally NOONE else there, I had to wait an hour for me tee time to go off or pay an additional $25 dollars to go off right away. I couldn’t believe it, but I told him that I’d sit there for the hour. After ten minutes of sitting in a cart, passing time and getting more mad by the second, the pro sop guy opens the side door and yells”Go”! I couldn’t believe this guy was actually yelling at me, I’m fifty five years old, not 6. So I just staired at him and shock and he did it again! “Go!” Unbelievable. I was totally blown away, no one has talked to me like that in at least 30 years. Then he did it again!!! This time he says “Go! Go tee off from the first tee!” I couldn’t even speak I was so surprised, I just drove off.

My suggestion to you is, DO NOT PAY the $75 they want to play this course under any circumstances. If you get a hot deal and pay $55, make sure you find the course conditions with them before you pay. I strongly believe the literally stole my money today. Terrible value for the money.

Response from #TalamoreGolfResort on 07/10/2018:
Talamore has a strict tee time reservation policy for all of our bookers, whether it be online or over the phone, and apologize that this was an inconvenience during your visit. Our Pro Shop Staff has done a great job of complimenting our online aerification advisories by informing all of our golfers upon arrival that the course was aerified, but we are sorry to hear of the confusion that our putting greens were different conditions compared to the rest of the course. We would love to hear more about your experience, and any other thoughts on our layout or facilities if you would like to reach out to our General Manager to discuss this further. He can be reached at 910-692-5884. Thank you.
u044044718
Commented On 2018-07-10T20:48:20.000+00:00

Per the courses comments below, there was no aerification advisory, none. If there had been I would have booked elsewhere. And what made this course a terrible experience, beyond the terrible conditions, was the incredibly rude staff. My comments stand, I would avoid this course at all costs, especially since there are so many other outstanding courses in the area that treat their customers with a base level of kindness and respect.

Response from #TalamoreGolfResort on 07/20/2018:
Thank you for coming out to Talamore Golf Resort and providing your feedback on your experience.

Well Conditioned Beast

Hot deal tee time of July 4 was a bargain. Greens had recent been plugged, but were relatively smooth.

Outstanding conditioning otherwise, but keep in mind, this is a beast. Jumps on you quickly on the first two holes, only a couple of breather holes.

High handicaper's nightmare!

Response from #TalamoreGolfResort on 07/20/2018:
We're glad you enjoyed a great Independence Day at Talamore! Thank you for sharing your experience on the conditions and we hope you'll come back to tackle some of the course's challenges again soon!

Great First time play

The staff was extremely friendly and knowledgable. The course is very good. I would play this course again. I recommend playing this course if you get the chance.

Response from #TalamoreGolfResort on 07/20/2018:
Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience from your first round at Talamore! We're glad you enjoyed the course and hope you'll be back again soon!

Valid dates: Jan 11, 2019 - Mar 03, 2019
An oasis of elegance amid the harsh beauty of the desert that surrounds it, the JW Marriott Las Vegas boasts 541 oversized guestrooms and is located adjacent to TPC Las Vegas. Complimentary shuttle service and a seamless experience make this resort a first class option.