Talamore Golf Resort

• (800) 552-6292, (910) 692-5884
  • talamoregolfresort.com
Write Review

Year built: 1991
Architect(s): Rees Jones (1991), Greg Muirhead (1991), Shapemasters (2016)
Type: Public/Resort

Practice bunker: No
Practice hole: No
Simulator: No

Singles allowed: No
Dress code: Proper golf attire.
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard Welcomed

Green (W) 71 5470 yards 70.2 125

Location is convenient to the city worth the drive at a resort   Great for locals a weekend splurge advanced golfers   Challenges include bunkers elevation changes forced carries   Great for drinks 19th hole scenic views patio dining

"Even for a hot deal, they are stealing from you"

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/09/2018

What a disaster. All the greens were punched a week ago and were slow and bumpy. And for the past few days they have been punching all the fairways and tee boxes. The tee boxes have zero grass on them, so your hitting off dirt on every hole. When you hit the ball in the fairways it bounces off clods of dirt and grass so thick that I actually had trouble finding my ball on 3 holes. What really bothered me about this was that it WAS NOT posted in GOlf Now! No aeriarion alert. But that’s not even the worst part about playing this course.

I arrived an hour and fifteen minutes early for my round to find the parking lot empty and only one drunk guy in the bar/restaurant. After putting and streatching for 30 minutes, not on group tees off, and the parking lot was still empty. I walked back the the pro shop and asked the guy if I should just tee off since the place as so empty, and he said no! You paid online at golf now and even though there was literally NOONE else there, I had to wait an hour for me tee time to go off or pay an additional $25 dollars to go off right away. I couldn’t believe it, but I told him that I’d sit there for the hour. After ten minutes of sitting in a cart, passing time and getting more mad by the second, the pro sop guy opens the side door and yells”Go”! I couldn’t believe this guy was actually yelling at me, I’m fifty five years old, not 6. So I just staired at him and shock and he did it again! “Go!” Unbelievable. I was totally blown away, no one has talked to me like that in at least 30 years. Then he did it again!!! This time he says “Go! Go tee off from the first tee!” I couldn’t even speak I was so surprised, I just drove off.

My suggestion to you is, DO NOT PAY the $75 they want to play this course under any circumstances. If you get a hot deal and pay $55, make sure you find the course conditions with them before you pay. I strongly believe the literally stole my money today. Terrible value for the money.

Response from #TalamoreGolfResort on 07/10/2018:

Talamore has a strict tee time reservation policy for all of our bookers, whether it be online or over the phone, and apologize that this was an inconvenience during your visit. Our Pro Shop Staff has done a great job of complimenting our online aerification advisories by informing all of our golfers upon arrival that the course was aerified, but we are sorry to hear of the confusion that our putting greens were different conditions compared to the rest of the course. We would love to hear more about your experience, and any other thoughts on our layout or facilities if you would like to reach out to our General Manager to discuss this further. He can be reached at 910-692-5884. Thank you.

Commented on 07/10/2018

Per the courses comments below, there was no aerification advisory, none. If there had been I would have booked elsewhere. And what made this course a terrible experience, beyond the terrible conditions, was the incredibly rude staff. My comments stand, I would avoid this course at all costs, especially since there are so many other outstanding courses in the area that treat their customers with a base level of kindness and respect.

Jlaughlin7549's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/08/2018

"Well Conditioned Beast"

Hillbillygolfbum's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/04/2018
Previously played Hot weather Verified Purchaser

Hot deal tee time of July 4 was a bargain. Greens had recent been plugged, but were relatively smooth.

Outstanding conditioning otherwise, but keep in mind, this is a beast. Jumps on you quickly on the first two holes, only a couple of breather holes.

High handicaper's nightmare!

"Great First time play"

CHUCK1117228's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/24/2018
First time playing Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

The staff was extremely friendly and knowledgable. The course is very good. I would play this course again. I recommend playing this course if you get the chance.

"First time at Talamore"

egaudreault's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/17/2018
First time playing Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

Absolutely beautiful course in excellent condition. Very challenging, particularly the greens. Extremely hot and sunny the day we played, but we had a terrific time.

Response from #TalamoreGolfResort on 06/22/2018:

We're happy to hear you enjoyed a great first experience despite the early summer heat! Thank you for coming out to Talamore!

"Very Nice"

poppop3's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/16/2018
First time playing Used cart Hot weather

we stayed in the villas. (very nice) played 18 at Talamore. Great experience. Nice condition and greens very good.

Response from #TalamoreGolfResort on 06/22/2018:

Thank you for sharing your great stay and play experience at Talamore! We're glad you enjoyed your first time out on the course and will come back for another trip again soon!

"Loved the course"

smokifl's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/29/2018

Loved the course and the customer service was great from the bag drop to the pro shop, Enjoyed the course and even with the recent rains the course handled it well and no issues. Great greens. First time in the area and will look forward to playing again in the future..

Response from #TalamoreGolfResort on 06/22/2018:

We appreciate you sharing your great overall experience! We look forward to seeing you back again!

"I Love Talamore!"

zanardi's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/11/2018

I played Talamore the very first time the year it opened back in the early 90's. The llama's as caddies were a novelty but the course was ry and hard; the trees hadn't come in and I did not enjoy it. Fast forward 25 years and it is absolutely one of my favorite courses in the area. It's always in good condition; often in great condition. The layout of TOUGH but fair. The surroundings are beautiful. The greens yesterday were some of the truest and fastest I've ever played. I love Talamore!!1

Response from #TalamoreGolfResort on 04/17/2018:

Thank you for coming back out to Talamore! We've done a lot to change over the last 25 years and we're glad you loved the new course! We hope you'll be back much sooner for your next round!

"Fast green"

timothyduntz's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/28/2018
First time playing Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

If you want fast green, Talamore is your place. The grass is still dorment and that was a downer but the greens were extra special, very fast. made you really respect every putt. The fairways were goof but off the spayed on green color grass it was just OK.

Loved it .

Response from #TalamoreGolfResort on 04/08/2018:

Thank you for your feedback on your round at The New Course at Talamore, Timothy. We're glad you loved your first visit and hope you will come back to play again soon!

"Awesome"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/24/2018

Fun course. Makes you wanna go back. Awesome all around.

Response from #TalamoreGolfResort on 02/27/2018:

Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience! We're glad you enjoyed the course and hope you will come back!

"The new talamore"

Dougbond's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/24/2018

What a great surprise to play on the reworked course. The greens are great, uniform, and fair. The fronts of all the greens were French drained. The waste areas were now very fair and the new traps made the holes distinct. The cart paths were redone. It is clear that the owners spent 2 + million and they got a fine course.

Response from #TalamoreGolfResort on 02/27/2018:

Thank you for reviewing your first round on the redesigned New Course at Talamore, Doug! We appreciate your 5-stars and are glad you enjoyed all of the improvements we made!

"Much Improved and it was Good Before"

soonerfan13's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/15/2018

What a local gem. Highly recommend this course to anyone

Response from #TalamoreGolfResort on 02/20/2018:

Thank you for your recommendation and 5-star rating, soonerfan13! We appreciate you coming back for another great round and are happy to hear you enjoyed the improvements we have made!

"JUst great"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/06/2018

Absolutely great experience. Gene in the Pro Shop was very friendly and accommodating.

Fabulous course-truly playable with just enough challenge. Great par 3's with sod wall bunkers . Amazing 'championship' greens.

18th hole is memorable- one of the best!

Response from #TalamoreGolfResort on 02/09/2018:

Thank you for sharing your memorable 5-star experience from Talamore! We're glad you enjoyed the course layout and recent improvements we made to the greens! We also appreciate your compliments to our great staff!

"Great Par Threes"

ppahk's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/02/2018

Challenging but fair. Very quick greens, subtle and hard to read. Great par threes and finishing hole.

Only complaints that it was waaay overwatered and didn’t care for the green dye. No roll if you hit wet spots and even plugged on some drives!

Response from #TalamoreGolfResort on 02/07/2018:

Thank you for your feedback on your first experience at The New Course, ppahk. We're glad you enjoyed the Par 3s and hope you will come back to visit us again to see the course outside of our winter conditions!

Ray6133068's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/30/2017

Course is in great shape. Enjoy this course tremendously. Great staff. Fantastic greens.

Response from #TalamoreGolfResort on 01/04/2018:

Thank you for reviewing your last round at Talamore, Ray! We appreciate your 5-star rating and compliments of our great staff and our newer greens!

"Talamore"

mcglynnjf's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/09/2017
First time playing Used cart Cold weather Verified Purchaser

Course I've wanted to play in along time, even though the weather was terrible played anyway. Very hilly course standard for the area, conditions dormant right now but they had the tees, fairways and greens fertilized so they looked green. Good lies everywhere, fairways were very tight, didn't hit a bunker shot but the sand looked good and they varied from normal to very deep. I drove the ball well today but if you get offline much trouble exists. Greens rolled nicely with some slope and quick. Great place to play.

Response from #TalamoreGolfResort on 12/12/2017:

Thank you for your 5-star review, mcglynnjf! We appreciate your analysis of the course during your visit and are happy to hear you were driving well on the day you came out! Hope to see you back again soon!

"Speedy greens"

Ray6133068's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/03/2017

Stay below the hole and play to the front number as these greens are quick and firm. Enjoy this course every time I get to play it.

Response from #TalamoreGolfResort on 12/12/2017:

Thank you for your review, Ray! We're glad you enjoyed another great round at The New Course and hope you will be back again soon!

slickharp's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/03/2017

Response from #TalamoreGolfResort on 12/12/2017:

Thank you for rating your round of golf at Talamore Golf Resort 5-stars, slickharp!

"Unbelievable course"

John5367125's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/20/2017

What a course. I’m a 5 handicap, this is one of the best courses I’ve ever played.

Response from #TalamoreGolfResort on 11/27/2017:

We're glad you enjoyed a great round at The New Course, John! Thank you for making us one of your favorites!

"Outstanding layout"

Conan63's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/19/2017

What a hidden gem steps away from the other much lauded Pinehurst courses. Great course design with impressive elevation changes. Course condition was excellent. Tremendous layout.

Response from #TalamoreGolfResort on 11/27/2017:

Thank you for rating The New Course 5-stars, Conan! We're glad you enjoyed the layout and conditions during your first visit!