Jones at Sea Trail Golf Resort and Convention Center

1.8
2.6

Sea Trail Golf Resort - The Rees Jones Golf Course
Scorecard for Jones
Blue M: 72.4/132 445 198 365 407 189 400 440 500 530 3474 345 418 398 144 340 555 420 157 510 3287 6761
White M: 70.8/128 405 178 350 365 155 375 385 482 510 3205 328 395 385 127 320 535 405 144 490 3129 6334
Gold M: 67.7/118 385 160 327 300 115 330 327 458 488 2890 305 355 347 110 298 455 367 134 455 2826 5716
Red W: 68.5/115 275 140 292 285 60 310 288 435 440 2525 220 305 310 100 250 392 288 117 405 2387 4912

Year Built 1990
Greens Bentgrass
Architect Rees Jones (1990) Greg Muirhead (1990)

Single Allowed Yes
Walking Allowed No

19th Hole Specials 1
Group Getaways 7
Playing Multiple Courses 7

Not Good...

We started out the day with the first tee time because we were on vacation with our families and needed to get back following golf. We were told that with us being the first group off that we needed to play fast as we lead the pace of play for the day. We play rather fast and had no problem with this. The beach had recently received a descent amount of rain so the course was cart path only. I've seen this before at the beach, BUT I hadn't seen a course with such POOR drainage ANYWHERE! This back 9 holes were a mud pit. It was absolutely terrible. Also due to this condition the tee boxes and around had barely been cut. Grass had grown up fairly high in places. The worse part was the amount of mosquito's around this area. It was miserable. With all of this being noted above there is still more to add to this giving this course even worse ratings. So we started first, but the course double stacked times for the day so they started our foursome on the back nine. We finished our 9 in just over 2 hours which they told us that we played too fast and that we had to wait on a foursome that was starting on the front nine in front of us. BUT WE JUST PLAYED NINE HOLES, WHY ARE WE NOW HAVING TO WAIT ON A GROUP JUST BEGINNING??? We waited a few minutes as the 6 starters they had fumbled around with other groups at the bag drop and the first tee box was still unoccupied. Finally we demanded to know why we played nine and they were starting a group in front of us. They said that they double booked, but that group should be there in a minute. They finally let us go in front of that group. We still caught another group that they began as well. I'll never go back here unfortunately.
Staff Friendliness Fair
Off-course amenities Fair
Value for the Money Average
gmar1203
Commented On 08/06/2018
I couldn't find a way to write my own review. Me and my son golfed here on 8-5-2018. Got to the clubhouse and they couldn't confirm that it was paid for online so I had to pay again and take a business card to call back the following day and get one of my payments refunded. Get to the starter and he tells us that the course should probably be closed due to being super wet, mind you the guy at the clubhouse said nothing about it. Also it hadn't rained in 2 days. So we start golfing the tee boxes are like shaggy fairways and the fairways have latches of grass 7-8 inches tall. Hit one to the green and the green is cut so extremely short it barely has grass and lots of dirt. Needless to say for the price to golf here I would not recommend this course to anyone. I am from Dayton Ohio which is not suppose to be anywhere near the golfing location as myrtle beach, but if this course was in Dayton it would be closed. Terrible terrible terrible.

Great time on vacation

Excellent course. Breakfast buffet and lunch buffet were great. Staff was very friendly and the bartender was very fun and friendly after the round. Had a very enjoyable experience. Greens were tough but seems to be a common problem in the area so didnt take away from a great experience at the course.
Staff Friendliness Excellent
Course Conditions Good
Value for the Money Excellent

Bad Greens

The course ost it’s greens. Had some make shift greens.
Off-course amenities Good

Great Course to play

We were excited to play at this course and did enjoy the course. My complaint is the cart guy was the most unhelpful, unfriendly person which made us rethink if we wanted to play. We tried to ask him directions and asked him where to go. No help what so ever. Once we got over that the ladies in the snack bar where very helpful and charming. The staff in the pro shop told us of the conditions. We had the course to ourselves so we really had a great time. Got done in 4 hours. Not bad.
Staff Friendliness Fair
Off-course amenities Fair
Value for the Money Excellent

Yes...some greens are bad

OK, I want to try and give a level review of the course. With regards to the conditions, I do with the lady in the pro shop would have told me about the conditions beforehand. I would have played anyway, but I wouldn't have been surprised when I got to the first green. The average conditions were fine. I think one tee was pretty beat up. The fairways were in solid condition as well, maybe not quite equal to Barefoot and TPC, but not far off. Now...the greens. Some are actually fine. There were two temporary greens, one green had been replaced and one was I believe in process. I suspect 5 or 6 other greens will need a complete reconstruction with another couple in dire straits. The greens that made it through the winter OK are actually quite good. I would wonder why the Jones course had such extensive damage when the Maples course had none, but that's neither here nor there. The layout is really quite good. Somewhat standard Jones with the elevated greens. But good variety in the holes and a generally solid course. I'd recommend it to someone, as long as they called in advance to get the condition of the greens for the time being. I do suspect communication could be better with golfers.
Staff Friendliness Excellent
Course Conditions Average
Value for the Money Good
Course Layout Good

Garbage Course. Similar Management.

The fact that anyone with a sane mind would advise you to golf here this year is unbelievable. That's what happened to some friends and I when we booked a package golf getaway. The broker who took care of setting up the accommodations and securing tee times put us at Oyster Bay Resort and had us start our golf rounds at the Sea Trails courses. I'm jumping to conclusions, but if he had seen the conditions of these courses, and still let us golf there, this guy is borderline insane. Every single putt took at least two bounces across the green towards the cup. It made it darn near impossible to putt, and added at least 10-20 strokes to all our scores. If you enjoy being lied to, or like to feel frustrated and angry feel free to book a tee time here. If not, play as far away as possible. On second thought, you could drive a few more miles down the road and golf on a very well manicured course. Whatever you do, just don't golf here.
Staff Friendliness Average
Course Layout Average

Worst Course Conditions Ever!

Came down on a golf trip and the course is in TERRIBLE condition. Not only did they not warn us that the course was in such bad shape but while checking in they were telling people who were calling in that there were only 2 or 3 bad greens. Sucks that they are totally dishonest about the state of the course. As part of our package we were to get free breakfast and lunch, they moved us to play other courses because the Jones and Byrd courses were so bad. We had to pay out of pocket for the meals we should have gotten for free. Whether you are booking a trip here or just looking for a decent track while on vacation stay away!
Staff Friendliness Poor
Off-course amenities Poor
Course Layout Average
I've been playing golf for 35 years and these were the worst greens I have ever played on. Course should be closed for the year until greens are redone. Could have been a beautiful course as fairways were in excellent shape.

Bad greens

Over half of the greens are mud and junk worst golf course I have ever played in my life
Staff Friendliness Average

All green in bad shape

Winter was hard this year and all green of this course are affected. Pace of play : first nine ok , second nine: long waiting and no management . Beautiful layout and beautiful communauty. 30 minutes in car from Myrtle beach ....
Course Conditions Average
Value for the Money Average
Request A Vacation Quote From Fore Myrtle Beach
Please provide your information below and a staff member at Fore Myrtle Beach will be in contact to help you start planning your travel.

Valid dates: Aug 13, 2018 - Dec 31, 2019