A sunny day view of a hole at Sea Trail Golf Resort and Convention Center.

Sea Trail Golf Resort - The Willard Byrd Golf Course

Year Built 1990
Greens Champion Bermuda Grass
Architect Willard Byrd (1990)

Golf School Academy Yes - "The Mel Sole Golf School at Sea Trail Golf Resort"

Single Allowed Yes
Walking Allowed No

Playing Multiple Courses 11

Great day at links.

Course was in decent shape. Greens in great shape, but a tad slow. Just great to be playing in the age of Covid. Separation issues handled well. Always a good value for the dollar.

Commented on 05/20/2020

Hello, u000001803063. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars. We will make note and hope to see you back on the course. Thanks for choosing Byrd at Sea Trail Golf Resort and Convention Center.

Gorgeous Day

Course needs some TLC but greens were fine and still a good deal.

Commented on 05/06/2020

Hi Bernie2048! Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back!

Going downhill

Been a year since I played this course. Sadly, the course seems like it's going in the wrong direction. Only redeeming part were the greens. Everything else looks like the place is going downhill. Hadn't rained in a few days but still cart path only. Trouble with the cart paths, so rough you'll leave a kidney behind.
Much better courses around for lesser price.

Commented on 03/17/2020

Hi caff1950! Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back!

Commented on 03/11/2020

Thank you for visiting us at Byrd at Sea Trail Golf Resort and Convention Center. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

3.5 Stars - I rounded up and selected 4 stars

Course was good other than it’s always soggy around the greens, cart parts are bumpy, green speeds seemed Inconsistent.

Commented on 05/20/2020

Hi u923323960. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Byrd at Sea Trail Golf Resort and Convention Center.

Came back for more!

Played by myself in 3 hours! 8 AM tee time On Sunday and had the course to myself, so I was able to get to the beach. Some challenging shots, I like this course. If your unfamiliar with the Bermuda grass greens (like myself) good luck. Tough to read and fairly s-l-o-w. Both starters are great, friendly and knowledgeable.

Commented on 05/11/2020

Hi BuckyZ028. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Byrd at Sea Trail Golf Resort and Convention Center.

Beautiful golf course, loved the layout!

Fantastic layout, course was in good shape, a little wet, but we played first thing in the morning. Greens were rolling good. Would play again!

Solid course

Only thing they need to improve is the cart paths. Pot holes Richmond Va would be embarrassed by.

Commented on 09/03/2019

Hi stilghma. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Byrd at Sea Trail Golf Resort and Convention Center.

Very Nice Course

I went with my 8 year old, and it was a great experience. The course layout was great, and the condition was excellent. It was very dry down here, but the fairways were very well maintained, and the greens were about as well as they could be, considering the weather.

The course had some good challenging holes, and the fairways were wide enough to accommodate my (many) mis-hits, so I didn't lose many balls. My son, playing off the red tees, was able to stay away from water trouble, and had a lot of fun.

We will definitely be back.

Commented on 08/12/2019

Wow, we are so happy you and your son enjoyed your round, Shawn6t7! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Nice Track to Play a round

Facilities and course looked great. Friendly folks as staff members. Carts were top notch too. Course was wet so cart path only, water does not drain well on some holes but all greens were in great shape. Pretty challenging and some really pretty holes.

Commented on 07/16/2019

Thank you for your review, JSCOACH. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Byrd at Sea Trail Golf Resort and Convention Center. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Commented on 07/16/2019

Hi JSCOACH. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Byrd at Sea Trail Golf Resort and Convention Center.

Commented on 07/09/2019

Hi Borourke33. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Byrd at Sea Trail Golf Resort and Convention Center.

Great condition

Course was in very good shape and all staff members are very helpful. Great value

Commented on 07/09/2019

Hi fgatta321. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Byrd at Sea Trail Golf Resort and Convention Center.

Commented on 07/05/2019

Hi fgatta321. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back!

Commented on 07/05/2019

Hi Jose. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Byrd at Sea Trail Golf Resort and Convention Center.

Overall good experience

Fair course in good condition. Greens rolled true. Cart paths are a mess.

Response from on 05/29/2019:
Thank you for playing the Byrd course at Sea Trail Golf Club! Your positive feedback regarding the course conditions are much appreciated. Come back soon!
Golf Channel
Commented on 05/06/2019

Thank you for the 4-star rating! Come back soon!

Commented on 05/06/2019

Your 4-star rating is much appreciated. Come back soon!

A good value and nice course

Played two of the three courses at Sea Piines. I would rate this a close second to the Rees Jones course. Wide open fairways and the greens are in great condition. The bag boys and starters were extremely nice and friendly.

Response from on 04/24/2019:
Thanks playing 2 of the 3 courses at Sea Trail Golf Club! Your positive feedback about our friendly staff, course layout, and great conditions are much appreciated. Come back soon!

Nice fairways

Overall great course to play easier course but great for average players enjoyed myself.

Response from on 04/29/2019:
Thank you for playing the Byrd course at Sea Trail Golf Club! We appreciate you taking the time to share your 4-star overall rating and review. Come back soon!

Great crew greeting us

Upon arrival, we were greeted by a high energy, friendly staff. Nice way to begin the round. Course is in excellent shape. Greens were a bit slow after recent aeration — not a big deal.

Response from on 04/24/2019:
Thanks for playing Sea Trail Golf Club, Thomas! We really appreciate you taking the time to share your positive feedback about our friendly staff and excellent course conditions. Come back soon!
Request A Vacation Quote From Fore Myrtle Beach
Please provide your information below and a staff member at Fore Myrtle Beach will be in contact to help you start planning your travel.
3.2058823529