A sunny day view of a hole at Sea Trail Golf Resort and Convention Center.

Sea Trail Golf Resort - The Willard Byrd Golf Course

Year Built 1990
Greens Champion Bermuda Grass
Architect Willard Byrd (1990)

Golf School Academy Yes - "The Mel Sole Golf School at Sea Trail Golf Resort"

Single Allowed Yes
Walking Allowed No

Playing Multiple Courses 11

Sad

Not on par with other $60 courses I’ve played in the area. Fairway cut long rough cut real long greens spotty and very inconsistent some fast some slow conditions making it rough playing on a very good weather day. I’ll not play again

Plays Twice a year
Commented on 08/07/2020

Hi, u314160514670. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Byrd at Sea Trail Golf Resort and Convention Center. We look forward to seeing you at the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Fun round, tough course

Course in good shape. My only complaint is the rough is too high. I should not have to walk over directly over my ball to find it. But I did play on a Tuesday. Overall, good round on a pretty tight course. Would play again.

Off-roading

Course is good. Cart paths are an absolute disaster on Byrd. Avoid this course for that fact alone.

Commented on 07/20/2020

Hello, u107111726. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Good solid choice

Good layout. Greens were slow, probably due to a long knap of the grass on them. The approaches were soggy, b/c of watering the greens in midday. (It was late June). This caused my approach shots to crater, rather than bounce onto the green. Vastly reduced services and amenities due to Coronavirus scare, but the course conditions were good. Nice course worth playing.

GOLF NOW NEEDS TO PAY ME MY MONEY BACK

I reserved a tee time @ this course...unfortunately when I got to course they said it was closed due to how wet it was. So i drove home...I went to golfnow app and tried to get a refund and they said sorry your tee time has already passed. I know the cancellation policy is in effect if the course is closed which it was! Golf now has no customer service reps working....need help getting my money back ASAP!

Plays Once a year

Great Course for Vacation Golfers

Really enjoyed our round of golf at this course. Just the right level of challenge for weekenders or vacation golfers. Greens were in great shape.

Two minor critiques: more drinking water along the course would be good. Especially on hot days. And the cart path is in pretty rough shape throughout the course.

Byrd 6/21

Course was basically in good condition considering recent rainy weather.

Great day at links.

Course was in decent shape. Greens in great shape, but a tad slow. Just great to be playing in the age of Covid. Separation issues handled well. Always a good value for the dollar.

Commented on 05/20/2020

Hello, u000001803063. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars. We will make note and hope to see you back on the course. Thanks for choosing Byrd at Sea Trail Golf Resort and Convention Center.

Gorgeous Day

Course needs some TLC but greens were fine and still a good deal.

Commented on 05/06/2020

Hi Bernie2048! Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back!

Going downhill

Been a year since I played this course. Sadly, the course seems like it's going in the wrong direction. Only redeeming part were the greens. Everything else looks like the place is going downhill. Hadn't rained in a few days but still cart path only. Trouble with the cart paths, so rough you'll leave a kidney behind.
Much better courses around for lesser price.

Commented on 03/17/2020

Hi caff1950! Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back!

Commented on 03/11/2020

Thank you for visiting us at Byrd at Sea Trail Golf Resort and Convention Center. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Not for Big Drives

Course was in excellent condition. It was a little wet so cart path only and not much roll. I used my driver maybe4-5 times. If you hit your drive 250+, be prepared to use a lot of 5 and 3 woods off the tee.

I played by myself. Was first tee time. Played 3 balls a hole and finished under 4 hours. Would have been quicker if it wasn't cart path only.

3.5 Stars - I rounded up and selected 4 stars

Course was good other than it’s always soggy around the greens, cart parts are bumpy, green speeds seemed Inconsistent.

Commented on 05/20/2020

Hi u923323960. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Byrd at Sea Trail Golf Resort and Convention Center.

Came back for more!

Played by myself in 3 hours! 8 AM tee time On Sunday and had the course to myself, so I was able to get to the beach. Some challenging shots, I like this course. If your unfamiliar with the Bermuda grass greens (like myself) good luck. Tough to read and fairly s-l-o-w. Both starters are great, friendly and knowledgeable.

Commented on 05/11/2020

Hi BuckyZ028. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Byrd at Sea Trail Golf Resort and Convention Center.

Beautiful golf course, loved the layout!

Fantastic layout, course was in good shape, a little wet, but we played first thing in the morning. Greens were rolling good. Would play again!

Solid course

Only thing they need to improve is the cart paths. Pot holes Richmond Va would be embarrassed by.

Commented on 09/03/2019

Hi stilghma. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Byrd at Sea Trail Golf Resort and Convention Center.

Very Nice Course

I went with my 8 year old, and it was a great experience. The course layout was great, and the condition was excellent. It was very dry down here, but the fairways were very well maintained, and the greens were about as well as they could be, considering the weather.

The course had some good challenging holes, and the fairways were wide enough to accommodate my (many) mis-hits, so I didn't lose many balls. My son, playing off the red tees, was able to stay away from water trouble, and had a lot of fun.

We will definitely be back.

Commented on 08/12/2019

Wow, we are so happy you and your son enjoyed your round, Shawn6t7! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Nice Track to Play a round

Facilities and course looked great. Friendly folks as staff members. Carts were top notch too. Course was wet so cart path only, water does not drain well on some holes but all greens were in great shape. Pretty challenging and some really pretty holes.

Commented on 07/16/2019

Thank you for your review, JSCOACH. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Byrd at Sea Trail Golf Resort and Convention Center. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Commented on 07/16/2019

Hi JSCOACH. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Byrd at Sea Trail Golf Resort and Convention Center.

Request A Vacation Quote From Fore Myrtle Beach
Please provide your information below and a staff member at Fore Myrtle Beach will be in contact to help you start planning your travel.
Ocean Isle Beach, North Carolina