Sea Trail Golf Resort - The Willard Byrd Golf Course

Year Built 1990
Greens Champion Bermuda Grass
Architect Willard Byrd (1990)

Single Allowed Yes
Walking Allowed No

Playing Multiple Courses 11

Solid course

Only thing they need to improve is the cart paths. Pot holes Richmond Va would be embarrassed by.

Commented On 09/03/2019

Hi stilghma. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Byrd at Sea Trail Golf Resort and Convention Center.

Very Nice Course

I went with my 8 year old, and it was a great experience. The course layout was great, and the condition was excellent. It was very dry down here, but the fairways were very well maintained, and the greens were about as well as they could be, considering the weather.

The course had some good challenging holes, and the fairways were wide enough to accommodate my (many) mis-hits, so I didn't lose many balls. My son, playing off the red tees, was able to stay away from water trouble, and had a lot of fun.

We will definitely be back.

Commented On 08/12/2019

Wow, we are so happy you and your son enjoyed your round, Shawn6t7! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Nice Track to Play a round

Facilities and course looked great. Friendly folks as staff members. Carts were top notch too. Course was wet so cart path only, water does not drain well on some holes but all greens were in great shape. Pretty challenging and some really pretty holes.

Commented On 07/16/2019

Hi JSCOACH. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Byrd at Sea Trail Golf Resort and Convention Center.

Commented On 07/16/2019

Thank you for your review, JSCOACH. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Byrd at Sea Trail Golf Resort and Convention Center. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Commented On 07/09/2019

Hi Borourke33. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Byrd at Sea Trail Golf Resort and Convention Center.

Great condition

Course was in very good shape and all staff members are very helpful. Great value

Commented On 07/09/2019

Hi fgatta321. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Byrd at Sea Trail Golf Resort and Convention Center.

Commented On 07/05/2019

Hi fgatta321. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back!

Commented On 07/05/2019

Hi Jose. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Byrd at Sea Trail Golf Resort and Convention Center.

Overall good experience

Fair course in good condition. Greens rolled true. Cart paths are a mess.

Response from Sea Trail Golf Club on 05/29/2019:
Thank you for playing the Byrd course at Sea Trail Golf Club! Your positive feedback regarding the course conditions are much appreciated. Come back soon!
Commented On 05/06/2019

Thank you for the 4-star rating! Come back soon!

Commented On 05/06/2019

Your 4-star rating is much appreciated. Come back soon!

A good value and nice course

Played two of the three courses at Sea Piines. I would rate this a close second to the Rees Jones course. Wide open fairways and the greens are in great condition. The bag boys and starters were extremely nice and friendly.

Response from Sea Trail Golf Club on 04/24/2019:
Thanks playing 2 of the 3 courses at Sea Trail Golf Club! Your positive feedback about our friendly staff, course layout, and great conditions are much appreciated. Come back soon!

Nice fairways

Overall great course to play easier course but great for average players enjoyed myself.

Response from Sea Trail Golf Club on 04/29/2019:
Thank you for playing the Byrd course at Sea Trail Golf Club! We appreciate you taking the time to share your 4-star overall rating and review. Come back soon!

Great crew greeting us

Upon arrival, we were greeted by a high energy, friendly staff. Nice way to begin the round. Course is in excellent shape. Greens were a bit slow after recent aeration — not a big deal.

Response from Sea Trail Golf Club on 04/24/2019:
Thanks for playing Sea Trail Golf Club, Thomas! We really appreciate you taking the time to share your positive feedback about our friendly staff and excellent course conditions. Come back soon!

Solid day at Byrd

My son and I really enjoyed the round on the Byrd course. Greens rolled well and for what a lot of area courses have gone through were in good shape. We got to see a couple of gators sunning and relaxing as we played. The only negative would be cart paths, but with it being 90 degeee wasn’t that big of deal. We will be back this summer.

Response from Sea Trail Golf Club on 04/24/2019:
Thanks for teeing it up at the Byrd course at Sea Trail Golf Club! Glad to hear you and your son enjoyed your round. Be sure not to get too close to the gators! Come back to Sea Trail Golf Club again soon!

rough ride

for this time of year the course was okay but the most dangerous part of the course are the golf cart paths - about as bad as I have been on - four wheel drive would of helped

Response from Sea Trail Golf Club on 04/02/2019:
Thank you for playing the Byrd course at Sea Trail Golf Club! Your feedback regarding the cart paths is very important to us and we appreciate you taking the time to share your concerns. We hope you'll consider playing the Byrd course again in the future.

Course was ok, pretty basic layout. Cold, wet and windy conditions. greens were in fair shape, a little grainy.

Response from Sea Trail Golf Club on 04/02/2019:
Thank you for playing the Byrd course at Sea Trail Golf Club, Jim! Your feedback is much appreciated. Hopefully the weather is a little nicer next time you play out here. See you again soon!
Response from Sea Trail Golf Club on 03/21/2019:
Thanks for teeing it up at Sea Trail Golf Club! We're glad to hear you enjoyed the layout of the Byrd course. Come back again soon!

Golfnow booking

when I arrived at the course they didn’t have my reservation. I showed my booking and confirmation to the woman booking us in and she said that they didn’t have my booking and that there were no open tee times so there was. I thing she could do. I saw d I would call GolfNow which I did. While I was waiting on the line I logged into GolfNow and saw they there were a few open tee times at around our time. The golf now representative came back on the line and said that he had reserved another tee time for ten minutes later than our originally scheduled tee time and I went back in line to check in. While I was in line someone else was checking in under my name and was taking our tee time. it was an extremely upsetting experience.
we finally received our ticket for the starter but she was very unapologetic and made me feel like I was not a paying customer.

Disapointed

We were disappointed in the overall condition of the fairways, greens and cart paths compared to the previous rounds we have played here. The value for money was ok because we got a “hot deal”.

Response from Sea Trail Golf Club on 03/20/2019:
Thank you for playing Sea Trail Golf Club. We're sorry to hear you were disappointed but we hope you'll consider giving us the chance to exceed your expectations in the near future. Come back soon!

All the cart paths was very bad. and stoned.
When we arrived, there almost four guys to book all the starting course but nobody think of us. I think they forget about us( My wife and I). It's first time that it's happen.at the Seatrail(all courses include)

Response from Sea Trail Golf Club on 03/26/2019:
Thank you for playing the Byrd course at Sea Trail Golf Club, Daniel. We sincerely apologize if your most recent experience wasn't as positive as it should've been. We hope you'll come back for another round soon!

Enjoy the layout!

Despite cart path only due to amount of rain that course can't control we enjoyed our round. Staff are excellent! Like the variety of tee boxes and the greens were fast and in great condition. Really enjoyed our day!

Response from Sea Trail Golf Club on 03/20/2019:
Thank you for playing the Byrd course at Sea Trail Golf Club! We appreciate your kind words regarding the course conditions and friendly staff. We're glad to hear you really enjoyed your day. Come back again soon!
Request A Vacation Quote From Fore Myrtle Beach
Please provide your information below and a staff member at Fore Myrtle Beach will be in contact to help you start planning your travel.
Ocean Isle Beach, North Carolina