View of the 1st tee from Maples course at Sea Trail Golf Resort and Convention Center
2.6
2.2

Sea Trail Golf Resort - The Dan Maples Golf Course

Year Built 1986
Greens A1/A4 blended Bent Grass
Architect Dan Maples (1986)

Single Allowed Yes
Walking Allowed No

Just ok

I do not if the course is always this messy or they just did not take the time to clean up after the storm

Sore Back and slowest play!

It's the first 5 hour round of the year. I was placed with 2 others and we also followed another threesome. But we waited on every shot and I think the 15th hole took at least 25 minutes to play. I felt sorry for the twosome behind us! There wasn't a ranger, but even a maintenance worker commented to us there were two guys in the pro shop but they don't check the course for slow play.

The greens weren't as bad as reviews I've read, but they were slow. The fairways were green but mostly thin in places. And the tee boxes were all acceptable .

Some very unique holes and the course is actually fun to play because of the variety.

The cart paths are in terrible condition. I would hope they will repair them at some point within the this year, or rip them out all together. My back was bothering me and it wasn't from playing golf, it was from the bumps and jolts driving the cart paths.

I read a previous review from someone who mentioned that he wished his round was over after 7 seven holes but he had 14 more to play ??? I agree we should have easily been able to play 21, but it really is only 18 holes.

I do not like to give bad reviews to any golf course, and this course is not as bad as the previous reviews would lead you to believe, as the worst parts were the slow play and the cart paths. But I've played the other Sea Trail, courses and would recommend either of them over the Maples.

Great value

Great course for the novice and experienced. Not crowded but staff was eager to assist and help out with pace of play.

Great Value

When we arrived and found that this Maples Course was closed because of damage from hurricane Dorian. However they put us on the Jones Course and we played in 3 hours.

Sorry I played

I am an 11 hdcp and have played golf for 42 years, played hundreds of different courses and played a couple thousand rounds of golf. This was by far my worst experience. We were tormented by mosquitoes for all 18 holes. The cart paths were in disrepair or non existent. None of the traps were cared for at all. One green had two halves (one fast and one slow). All greens had large bare patches and were covered with several kinds of weeds or foreign grasses. The speed on the greens varied significantly from hole to hole.
On most of my golf rounds I get rather depressed about the 15th hole because the round is almost over. Today I was depressed on the 7th hole because I had 14 holes to go.

Give it time

I have reviewed this course multiple times. I currently say stay away. The summer has been brutal on the bent grass greens, and it certainly shows here. I would not even head back and try again until early to mid October, the greens need cooler weather and time to heal. With this I would highly recommend the sister courses on Sea Trail, Byrd or Jones. Both of these courses are in great shape and have Bermuda greens.

Neglected

Course in bad shape
Greens fairways and cart paths in serious need of repair
No snack bar.

Under repair

Greens almost bare on most holes. Many sand traps unplayable due to course renovation. I know Maples is not the signature course, but it needs some investment. Course was great earlier in the season.

N

Very nice course. Greens had a little stress to them but a very nice course to play

Not great

The maples doesn’t even have a driving range near it The greens where not in good condition. We only paid $23 dollars to play because of Golf Now. Tee boxes and fairways were good. You get what you pay for.

Expected Better

We were disappointed with the amenities, no food to speak of. Pro Shop staff grumpy and incorrect in stating I paid for 4 players when my conformation was a 2-some. Very disappointed in the greens, still experiencing affects of winter burn from one year ago. Nothing like the Byrd Course we played last year. Overall a good value.

Fun at Maples

Good mixture of holes lengthwise; greens rolled well with the slightest of breaks at the hole; some greens on the back nine were a bit rough around the edges;; HOT DEAL on GOLF NOW made it a great price ; well worth the money

Thursday Tee Off

Went off Number 1 with another twosome as the first group of the day. Didn't see anyone in front of us for 9 holes. When we turned we caught the last group going off the double tee start and this group was SLOW. Never saw a marshal and this group added between 45-60 minutes on our second nine. Frustrating! Greens were pretty beat up, fairways and tee boxes in good shape.

Good overall

ts was a very nice course. Good water. Slightly challenging for a mid/high handicapper. Bunkers were nice and play was fair. No water on course no ball washers and cart paths were pretty rough or it would have gotten 4 stars. I recommend playing here and will be back.

The grass clippings in the rough needed to be removed

The excess rain may have caused this condition but besides the excess grass clippings, there are weeds growing surrounding this area. Disappointing.

Course was OK but the price was excellent.

Course was a little rough around the edges but the fairways and tees were good. The greens were somewhat slow but it looked like they had recently been verticut so maybe that is why.

Commented on 07/11/2019

Hi spcgolftt! Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back!

Extremely slow play

No rover to hurry slower groups. Waited on almost every shot. Other than that, an enjoyable day.

Commented on 07/11/2019

Hello, piratemc74. Thank you for reviewing the course. We apologize for the delay of play during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. With an uncharacteristically full day, we work hard to accommodate everyone who visits our course and allow our guest the chance to complete their rounds. With that in mind, we are working to best control pace and allow everyone to finish in a reasonable amount of time. We will continue to look for ways to improve. We are glad to see you enjoyed your time, other than the pace of play. Thank you for playing Maples at Sea Trail Golf Resort and Convention Center. We hope to see you again soon.

This course used to be a really good course.

The money hasn't been put into keeping the course up. It is a shame.

Commented on 07/09/2019

Hello. Thanks for the review. We see you rated the course 1-star. We take single star feedback very seriously at our course. We always appreciate the feedback. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop. Thank you for playing Maples at Sea Trail Golf Resort and Convention Center.

Request A Vacation Quote From Fore Myrtle Beach
Please provide your information below and a staff member at Fore Myrtle Beach will be in contact to help you start planning your travel.

Valid dates: Mar 06, 2020 - May 06, 2020
Talamore’s Spring Signature Package (2 Nights / 3 Rounds), starting at $325 per person.