Twin Valley Country Club

Year Built 1935
Fairways Bermuda 411 Grass
Greens Bermuda 328 Grass
Architect Gary Player (1977) Donald Ross (1935)

Transitioning to a Must-Play Course

Twin Valley was as tough as Donald Ross likely designed it to be. Study the layout beforehand or have an app to help you visualize your distances, because you will pay for guessing especially on the 16th tee box; the drop-off and thick rough make it challenging, but extremely fun. Also, the greens are goldi-locks' "just right" with adequate break to make it interesting for the weekend golfer.

Ownership has recently changed hands, and the new folks are on their way to getting it back in great shape. There were some fairways that were dried or bald on one side, but all of the tee boxes and greens were in great shape. I have no doubt they will have it ready for the spring/summer 2020 season. Much of the cart paths were temporary clay/gravel as they have plans to repave. There was a decent driving range (that I didn't use), and they plan on adding a putting green as well.

The staff were all extremely friendly, and they make you feel like they want you there. Pro Shop was stocked with everything you would need before, during, and after a round. Hot dogs were quality grade actually - not school cafeteria like you would expect.

Pro-tip: We stopped by a place called Peaches -n- Cream on the way back to Charlotte for some peach ice cream in homemade waffle cones. Highly, highly recommend the stop.

Horrible Greens

It seems like this course has been around for a long time. There has been hardly any work done to maintain anything from Tee to Green. I play at least twice a week in the CHARLOTTE metro area. This was not worth the trip at all. Totally disappointed, there was nothing good to say. Greens were horrible, not cut or rolled at all. Fairways were not cut and there was grass growing out of the bunkers! There were hardly any decent Cart paths. Definitely not worth the 60 mile drive from Charlotte for this.

Unknown Gem!

This is absolutely the most hospitable course I’ve EVER played. Due to rain we were unable to finish and were met at our cart with a rain check. The owners are both friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful. We can’t wait to return to play the full course. Much work is being done to the course and the plans for the future sound exciting. We will definitely play here many more times in the future.

Creative place

This place was very different. It was as if we were in Denver. The hills made us use our creativeness. I loved it. Must play at least once. It was like mini golf but full length, including 5 par 5s.

Great progress

I played this great little course one year ago and there has been a tremendous improvement in the course renovation. 100s of trees have been removed to allow the course to open up and thrive. I am very excited for this golf course in the coming years. I only wish I lived closer to volunteer to assist in their continued renovation and success!! I will keep coming back to see the great progress!!!

Twin Valley Country Club

Course was in very rough shape, however I gave the course an average overall rating strictly because of the amount of effort being put into restoring this course to its original glory. My understanding is the course is under new ownership and management, and they are working really hard to make this a top notch club. The staff was amazing and I believe the course will be awesome by the beginning of next season. If you live in the area, be sure to give this place a shot. Beautiful course layout with tons of elevation changes. Challenging, but not overly difficult. Even saw some wild life during the round!

Great staff at the course, course is in ok shape but has a lot of potential. The staff are working very hard to return it to its glory days will be back.

Challeging Course

They are putting in a lot of good work to the course!

A lot of work to do but interesting

This course is under some renovation but if you are in to golf course design it is interesting. The front nine is pretty much in tact but 3 could use some reshaping and the green on 7 is pretty severe. But there is grass on the fairway and greens even though they are slow.

The back nine is very different. The majority of the tee shots are to blind targets. I am not a fan of that kind of golf. But it is what it is and you aren't paying a lot to play.

The guy in charge is a good guy who has worked around at other courses and I wish him the best.

Don’t judge a book by its cover...

This course is getting a complete makeover. You can tell they have put a lot of money and work in to it... the greens look beautiful and they are clearing a lot of trees. The fairways aren’t in great shape but I am assuming that’s their next project. The staff friendliness and honesty about the course conditions/makeover completely make up for the holes that aren’t in good shape (yet). I believe the new owners are good, genuine people who want to create a course that is fun for anyone to play. For that reason I will be visiting again, regardless of construction or conditions. I bet in one year this course will be an amazing place to play. Thanks for being upfront about the conditions and making it such a heartwarming experience to meet staff who care about the golfers and the real meaning of the game... fun!

Wonderful place to play!

The staff are exceptional. The course is awesome! There's work being done. (Which is a sign they notice the conditions...). People slam this place before they know the facts. I'm a local, so it's been awesome to see the course's transformation. Would recommend to everyone!

Should not be open for play

This "course" should not be allowed to be on Golf Now. The fact that there were only 3 cars in the lot at noon was the first hint I made a mistake driving there. It was the worst condition course I have ever played. No grass on tee boxes, hardly any grass in the fairway and greens. Brush, stumps and trees piled all over in places (and it comes into play), what a mess. It should be abandoned, closed or converted to a farm pasture.

Commented on 05/03/2018

The new owners of the course have turned that place around... Give it time.

Staff

They are working on the course I believe it will be nice when they are finished...they have some of the friendliest anywhere!

Very Nice Layout

A lot of work is being done here and it’s very exciting to see! Super friendly staff and the course is challenging enough to keep me coming back. :-)

the friendliest staff I have ever seen a any golf course. We were greeted as soon as we got out of the car. The gentleman brought the cart to us as well. this is my first experience at this course, so they told me of the changes that has happened in the recent year. They are really proud of the improvements, as they should be. Then we headed to the "makeshift" range and found it looks to be about 220yds long and saw a sign that asks to not hit over 240yds. I was kinda sad about that. Saw no putting/chipping greens. The front nine played fairly easily. Ball placement is key at this course. Greens were kinda slow and grabby. The entire field was super dry but I blame Mother Nature. Then we headed to snack bar, the lady at the counter was a very pleasant person, she really brightened up our game. Hat's off to you. Then headed off to 10. The level of difficulty raised o few bars. Many doglegs/difficult greens/ narrow fairways. Overall... a great course with high possibilities. Very short course even from the blue tee. Not really for the long hitters but fun nonetheless

Very Nice

The course is in very good shape! I've seen a lot of progress in Course conditions. Staff is super friendly too!

The new management has improved the cause so much now it's fun to play there again. It's challenging so make sure bring a lots golf balls.

Rockingham, North Carolina