Deercroft Golf Club

Deercroft Golf Club
Yellow 72 5739 yards 68.3 125
Green (W) 72 5076 yards 70.2 124
Scorecard for Deercroft Golf & Country Club
Black M: 72.6/135 423 425 152 394 349 172 550 389 380 3234 371 455 182 403 437 432 185 494 402 3361 6595
Blue M: 70.6/127 W: 77.0/139 386 413 146 380 341 158 513 366 348 3051 328 449 174 380 425 399 164 475 365 3159 6210
Yellow M: 67.9/124 W: 73.8/131 360 404 130 366 312 151 439 352 301 2815 322 416 145 372 359 362 158 449 341 2924 5739
Green M: 64.8/114 W: 69.9/124 304 395 104 314 235 115 433 265 258 2423 274 387 93 345 352 356 139 396 311 2653 5076

Year Built 1984
Architect Joe Williams

• Golf Advisor: Top 25 Courses for Pace of Play in the U.S. (2015 #5)
  • Golf Advisor: Top 25 Friendliest Courses in the U.S. (2015 #1) (2014 #8)
  • Golf Advisor: Top Courses in North Carolina (2015 #10)
  • Golf Advisor: Top 25 Value Courses in the U.S. (2015 #13)

19th Hole Specials 10
Playing Multiple Courses 19

Great layout

My brother and I played 36 and it exceeded all expectations. The course layout was phenomenal. The staff (Ted) was super friendly and great to talk to. If you are in the Pinehurst area this is a must play. Will be adding it to our package from here on out!

Challenging, fun course

Awesome 18 holes. Greens we're super smooth & well maintained.

Virginia Advisor

True Greens

I've played this course 3 times over the last month and a half and it is in outstanding condition. Ted and his staff are far and away one of the best golf course staffs I've ever encountered. The bent grass greens are in awesome shape and rolling true. So nice to play greens that hold from the fairways and putt true to what you see. Plenty of tee box choices to fit your game. If you are planning a trip to the Pinehurst/Southern Pines area put this course on your play list. It is no more than 20 minutes from those areas and for the value will be worth that drive.

Great find

Played here based on GA reviews, and was not disappointed. The staff in pro shop was great, let me go off the back 9 as a single and the round was fun. Course conditions were excellent. They said the course plays 300 yds longer than the measures, and they were correct. The clubhouse was nothing to write home about, but all else was great.

Great friendly staff. This course is in good shape and worth the drive. It has advanced tees, which the women in our group really enjoyed. Nice layout, with some challenging holes.

Very nice course a little out-of-the-way but worth the drive

Very nice course a little out-of-the-way but worth the drive. we enjoyed playing the course. when others were cart path only this course was dry. The back nine was in much better condition than the front nine and the greens are extremely slow. we would never pay full price but with our golf now deal it was well worth the trip

Virginia Advisor

Hidden Gem

First time playing this hidden gem and I had a great time. It lives up to the reviews found here. Ted the Pro is great. He was very friendly and accommodating. I was playing as a single and he let me tee off on 10 so I wouldn't be stuck behind multiple foursomes in front of me. Before I hit 10 Ted took the time to give me a run down of the course and the current cart usage rules as we have had a lot of rain in the area lately. Not only that but I saw him out on the course helping out his ground crew and he stopped to ask how things were going. The greens were in fabulous shape. There were minimal issues from the aeration they did about three weeks ago. Speed was good and the greens held on approach shots. Fairways were freshly mowed and rolling well considering the rain lately. I play to a 10 handicap and teed It up from the blues which play to just under 6200 yards. Plenty of tee options for your game. Number 2 and 11 are both gettable Par 5s. Good design and use of natural topography. The practice range is a bit short but you get to hit off grass. I will be back for sure and soon. It was a great round and drive through the pines of the Sandhills area.

great experience

The course is a little remote but not difficult to find. For this time of the year, the condition was very good. No complaints. Friendly and helpful staff.

Beautiful greens!

First time playing here in several years. Great staff have greatly improved the entire course and made it one of the best in the area. The tee boxes and especially the greens were absolutely beautiful. They were the best I've played this year. A little out of the way but worth the drive.

Definitely a hidden jewel

Hidden jewel of Pinehurst. WE have been coming down for a few years and we play Deercroft every year. THE course Ian great, challenging but player friendly. The staff is second to none. Ted (owner) is hands down the best owner in Pinehurst. You will not be disappointed playing Deercroft.

Fun Sunday at Deercroft

The first few holes require well placed shots as the fairways on the front nine are noticeably narrower than those on the back nine. Par 3s are very interesting mostly due to the elevation changes. Most golfers will score better on the back nine as it seems more forgiving.

Deercroft

The course was barren with very little green grass. The course was extremely hard packed despite rain the previous two days. I was most disappointed with the course. The only plus was the person taking our money, she was friendly, helpful and personable. I would not play this tract again.

Deercroft Visit

Greens were nice and rolled very well, fairways and rough still dormant, bunkers needed some work. Still my son and I enjoyed ourselves, spent the day and did 45 holes. Before playing got a rundown on course from owner Ted Robinson on certain holes and very important tip, after pegging the yardage, adding a club and two uphill, helped with the rest of our stay in Southern Pines. Also we liked the back nine better.

Deercroft

Picture perfect day to play golf. Looking at the reviews,we thought this course would be in better condition than we found it to be. No overseeding done,which we were use to coming to the Pinehurst area this time of year.Layout was good,but no holes had that wow factor.A number of cart paths had washed out areas and are in need of repair.Not sure the last time the bunkers were attended.The friendliness of the staff and the bent grass greens were a plus. With so many other courses in the area,will look elsewhere next time in Pinehurst.

This course is beautiful.

The golf course has great fairways and the greens rolls true. The staff is great and the price to play is affordable that you can enjoy mentally the game. Lol

Gem of a course

I live in Pinehurst, NC. Home to US Open mens and women's golf championships. Its a mecca for any golfer looking to play great courses. It's historic and always a MUST PLAY destination. I live among three of the numbered courses in the town. I prefer to play at Deercroft every chance I get. I'm not paying resort prices, but I'm getting better than resort quality golf on a course that is scenic, challenging, but not gimmicky or tricked up. Too many courses rely on that in this area. Deercroft isn't one of these. They have the best staff by far in the region, and I play many courses as part of an Amateur Tour. Come play here, you won't be disappointed.

Nice

Ted has made HUGE improvements to the course. Keep up the good work!

Rockingham, North Carolina