Deercroft Golf Club

Deercroft Golf Club
Yellow 72 5739 yards 68.3 125
Green (W) 72 5076 yards 70.2 124
Scorecard for Deercroft Golf & Country Club
Black M: 72.6/135 423 425 152 394 349 172 550 389 380 3234 371 455 182 403 437 432 185 494 402 3361 6595
Blue M: 70.6/127 W: 77.0/139 386 413 146 380 341 158 513 366 348 3051 328 449 174 380 425 399 164 475 365 3159 6210
Yellow M: 67.9/124 W: 73.8/131 360 404 130 366 312 151 439 352 301 2815 322 416 145 372 359 362 158 449 341 2924 5739
Green M: 64.8/114 W: 69.9/124 304 395 104 314 235 115 433 265 258 2423 274 387 93 345 352 356 139 396 311 2653 5076

Year Built 1984
Architect Joe Williams

• Golf Advisor: Top 25 Courses for Pace of Play in the U.S. (2015 #5)
  • Golf Advisor: Top 25 Friendliest Courses in the U.S. (2015 #1) (2014 #8)
  • Golf Advisor: Top Courses in North Carolina (2015 #10)
  • Golf Advisor: Top 25 Value Courses in the U.S. (2015 #13)

19th Hole Specials 10
Playing Multiple Courses 19

Very nice course

Had a great time playing the course. No hidden hazards. Very fair. Greens and fairways were excellent. Nice layout. Lady in the Pro Shop was very friendly and helpful. She even greeted us after our round and inquired about any problems we encountered. They have some local rules that keep play smooth and quick. Will return to play the course again.

Deercroft

Super friendly staff. The greens were in excellent shape- most of the area courses had experienced difficulty with the hot summer.

Course & staff.

The course was in great condition. The staff was super friendly & accomadateing. I will play it again.

hidden gem

I really like this course. Its fair ways have up and down right and left Pinehurst style fairway bunkers very nice. Green shapes very nice but little bit slow pro. Pro shop staff is very kind.I will come back soon

Great value all around.

Most enjoyable round of the five during our stay in Pinehurst area. Staff was over the top friendly and most helpful. We will return here every time we are in the area.

Play Here!!!!

This course is great for any caliber of golfer. The layout is fun and beautiful to look at. Staff are extremely helpful and make your experience worth while. I could not help but think it is like playing the restored pinehurst number 2. Play this course. TRUST ME!! Deercroft is the sandhills best kept secret.

Course is coming back to life

Ted and his staff are doing a great job bringing back this course. I have played here in the past and it was in bad shape. The changes they have made are great. They took a lot of trees out and the natural areas are very pleasing to the eye. It is not an easy course, but it is fun. I really enjoyed my round and will be back in the near future. Keep up the good work.

Very Nice.

The course was in great shape. The staff there could not be any nicer. will play here again.

Great find in The Sndhills.

We picked this course off of Golf now as I was driving to SC later in the day and this was well on the way from our home in Vass. We were met by a very friendly fellow from Boston (I didn't catch his name). He was very informative about the course. Next we met Ted, he too was very pleasant and helpful. We really enjoyed this course, it was week taken care of and interesting. We will definitely be back to play again.

GREAT FIND

Just returned from our annual trip to the Sandhills, decided this year to venture down the road to play Deercroft and are extremely glad we did. We were met in pro shop by the Head Professional Ted Robinson, a true pleasure to say the least. The time he took to brief us of his course before we teed it up was very informative and actually got us excited to test the layout. The layout was better than he described. All I can say is go give it a try, you will find the same. Ted has recently taken over the course and made many improvements, we look forward to playing it again next trip, as we will make it a must play every year.

What A Deal

Great Course, Great Staff, Great Deal. Truly a Pinehurst-style golf experience with the scrub on the sides of the holes and some great bunkering. Peaceful experience without many homes on the course - most holes with no homes at all. Great elevation changes to keep things interesting.

Nice Layout

The greens were airiated just one week before we played, so greens were bumpy and a little sandy. They were rolled the morning we played and putted fine, just a little slow. Staff was outstanding, explaining course layout and dogleg holes. The course played fine tee to green, just needs TLC around sides of fairways. I will play again for same price !!

Nice Course

I paid $25 on Golfnow which made it worth it. Course is like many NC courses with sand everywhere. Ive heard they are making improvements. The course is fun with some wide open holes and some pretty tight ones off the tee. Little pro shop but the employees are incredibly nice and welcoming. They absolutely what you to come back. Some of the cart paths might be difficult to follow if you aren't paying attention. Nice putting green and decent driving range, can't hit driver though. Some greens are small. Greens are in good shape but pretty slow in places. Some of the toughest putts I've ever had, almost impossible to read. It was quite odd. If you drive the ball well you can score here. Nice fairways and nice greens. I would go back.

BEST DEAL IN THE SANDHILLS

BEST DEAL IN THE SANDHILLS AREA. FAIRWAYS WERE IN GOOD CONDITION AND GREENS IN EXCELLENT SHAPE. I REALLY ENJOYED PLAYING THE COURSE. YOU WILL USE ALL YOU CLUBS.

Great design, wonderful condition

I have played this course many times over the last decade and it has always been an enjoyable course. Under the supervision of the current management the course is in incredible condition. Well worth the drive and a great value. Quintessential Pinehurst area course - lush fairways, firm and true greens, rough enough on the edges to make you focus on hitting the fairways. Looking forward to my next round

Worth the trip

This course is a great layout and worth the ride from Southern PInes. Under new management, the very friendly staff made us feel very welcome. It is clear that they are working hard to make this course even better. Interesting variety of holes with good greens. Enjoyed our vista.

Outstanding value!

I have played this course in the past several times. On my most recent visit I found a noticeable effort to improve the conditions. The new owner is making a conscious effort to improve the overall experience from both a golf and service perspective. If you want a slice of Pinehurst at a fraction of the cost I highly recommend you give this course a try.

Great greens

Have played here in prior years when it seemed more like a muni. Must say that they have some of the best greens I've seen in the area in the two months that I've been here. Hope the improvements continue.

A True Hidden Gem

The course is located in the middle of nowhere! It is, however, one of the best courses in the area for the money. The staff is friendly, the greens are great, and the view is nice. The ONLY minus would be the brown fairways. I understand it is that time of year, but other courses in the area shell out for the water bill...of course, that being my only negative thing about the course means if would HOGHLY recommend playing here to everyone.

Excellent

Excellent course. Played my last round December 1, and the course was in great shape considering the time of year. Fairways still had about an inch of fluff to it so you can hit the ball with the accuracy you desire. The greens were amazing. All 18 (and practice) were in the best shape I could ever imagine. Tee boxes were nice and soft. By far the best course I have ever played. Owner Ted is such a nice guy. Staff members are just as quality. Can't wait to go back.

Rockingham, North Carolina