Deercroft Golf Club

Deercroft Golf Club
Yellow 72 5739 yards 68.3 125
Green (W) 72 5076 yards 70.2 124
Scorecard for Deercroft Golf & Country Club
Black M: 72.6/135 423 425 152 394 349 172 550 389 380 3234 371 455 182 403 437 432 185 494 402 3361 6595
Blue M: 70.6/127 W: 77.0/139 386 413 146 380 341 158 513 366 348 3051 328 449 174 380 425 399 164 475 365 3159 6210
Yellow M: 67.9/124 W: 73.8/131 360 404 130 366 312 151 439 352 301 2815 322 416 145 372 359 362 158 449 341 2924 5739
Green M: 64.8/114 W: 69.9/124 304 395 104 314 235 115 433 265 258 2423 274 387 93 345 352 356 139 396 311 2653 5076

Year Built 1984
Architect Joe Williams

• Golf Advisor: Top 25 Courses for Pace of Play in the U.S. (2015 #5)
  • Golf Advisor: Top 25 Friendliest Courses in the U.S. (2015 #1) (2014 #8)
  • Golf Advisor: Top Courses in North Carolina (2015 #10)
  • Golf Advisor: Top 25 Value Courses in the U.S. (2015 #13)

19th Hole Specials 10
Playing Multiple Courses 19

Friendly staff

Greens aerated 2 weeks ago, and were a little on slow side

There are too many better options in the area...

Several people had told me that the course was in great shape and playing great. I've been coming to the area twice a year for the last 20 years and had never played Deercroft, so I decided to give it a try. I got a hot deal on Golf Now for $19. When I arrived the staff was extremely helpful and attentive. However, the driving range was a bad joke. I've literally seen pastures in better shape. Grass was two feet high and there was debris and heavy equipment strewn about the range. I also noticed that the smell in the men's room was particularly bad. This is a small thing, but just doesn't speak to an upscale golf facility. Once on the course, (playing as a single), I zipped through the front nine. However, I caught a group in #10 that informed me they were part of a tournament with 4-5 groups. They suggested I replay the front nine or do something else. Hmm, nobody in the pro shop mentioned this. All the same, I wanted to see the rest of the course so I just took my time and played the back nine slowly. The fairways were in very good shape. The greens had been aerated two weeks ago, (in spite of the fact that the course website indicated otherwise), and while they'd begun to recover the grass had been allowed to grow and they were very slow. But to me, the unforgivable sin was the condition of the tee boxes. They were terrible! I know they greens have to be aerated twice a year and I know the fairways can be tough at certain times of the year, but there is no excuse for bad tee boxes in my opinion. There are so many great courses in the area that I just can't see going back to Deercroft. It certainly wasn't a bad day for $19, but I would have been really disappointed if I had paid full price.

Loved it

Played this course for the first time on a beautiful fall day. Very Pinehurst like without all the uppitiness and overhead. Modest facilities but very friendly staff. Great layout. Challening but fair. Greens were in great shape. I was told this course was in disrepair until the current owner put some serious effort into bringing it back. It shows. Its about 25 min south of Southern Pines and seems in the middle of nowhere. But very worth the drive and a great value through GolfNow. A Hot Deal would be a steal here. I'll definitely play here again.

Best value in Pinehurst area

Staff was very professional. Course in great condition. A truly hidden gem in pinehurst area. Only thing lacking is a bigger more well equipped pro shop

I love this golf course!

My friend and I played Deercroft and had a great experience. The greens are second to none. The fairways were in great shape. The layout is a lot of fun. We had a wonderful day of golf and will definitely be back.

A great day of golf on a beautiful track!

My wife and I played Deercroft after seeing excellent reviews on this site. Ted, head pro and course manager, warmly welcomed us and gave us a brief course orientation. He has worked tirelessly with his family for 3 years to bring the course back to its former glory, and has succeeded with every aspect of the playing course. The greens were true and well manicured, the fairways in overall very good condition and the tee boxes in great shape! Our day was memorable after a boxer puppy with no collar joined us on hole 3 and rode in our cart until the end! Ted and his crew managed to return "Max" to his parents by sending a mass email to local homeowners. That's the level of care and kindness we saw throughout our day, and we look forward to our next visit! Thanks Ted,kristi and crew for a great day!

Hidden Gem

I have been making the trek from Ohio to the Pinehurst area for 10 years now in the late summer / early fall to play golf. This was the first time I ventured to play Deercroft. The experience was top notch all the way around. The golf course was in great shape. Greens were perfect. Awesome layout. The staff was friendly and made you feel like you were a member. We played 54 holes that day and enjoyed every shot! I will make this golf course part of my normal rotation from this point forward. Thanks to Ted, Christy and the rest of the staff for a great day of golf. Highly recommend giving Deercroft a try.

Staff and course the best

Staff could not have nicer and made you feel like you have been there a 100 times. Real nice greens a little slow just like I like them. Fairways nice only cart paths could use a little help. Would recommend to anybody for a great play.

Deercroft - Friendly Staff

Good value for the money, very friendly staff and the course was in good shape. One of my favorite courses.

What a turnaround

Had my first hole in one here in 2008 then went back in 2010 and was ashamed to admit it was at a course like this. Swore I'd never go back. Kept reading about the new owners and the desire to get the course back in shape so gave it a shot because of a discount coupon. Last Aug. played this and couldn't believe it was the same course. Honestly unbelievable the turnaround they've made.They should be proud this is in great shape. Now a must play.

Perfect fairways and greens

The first thing we experienced when we arrived was the extremely nice staff. They were enthusiastic and checked in on us on the course to see how we were enjoying it. The driving range was under repair and looked like it is going to be pretty nice when completed but they did have a temporary range which was appreciated. The chipping and putting area was pristine. The course was difficult but fun. It seemed to play longer than the 6600 yards advertised from the tips, with a lot of downhill drives and uphill approaches. The course was in excellent condition. The greens were soft and rolled perfectly. Overall awesome course that I will play again and would recommend to anyone looking for an affordable round on an above average course.

this course is golfer friendly, regardless of talent

course is in excellent shape, friendly to all caliber of golfers, and offers a great deal for day. Only drawback, 25 miles from Pinehurst. Too bad that the course isn't closer to Pinehurst as it would give some of the local courses a fit for the business.

great condition, great value

I chose this course after reading the reviews of all the courses in the Pinehurst area. This course is beautiful, cut thru the pine trees, irregular shaped sandtraps (like Crehshaw/Coors), plenty of grass in the fairways and the greens were soft, smooth, and fairly true (very little grain). For the price, you can't beat this. The staff is very friendly and the course had a great feel. You won't be disappointed.

Improving

This course has come a long way in a short time. Greens were top dressed but very true. Very nice place to play......

One of the best in the Sandhills

This course has amazing fairways, better than any in the area all year round. The areas which are under repair are clearly marked and the greens are the truest rolling bent grass greens you will be able to find for less than a $200 green fee. A single round here will not only have you coming back for a future visit but will certainly have you debating a membership. I have played there 10 times this year and every time I go back the course is in better condition than the last time. The staff is the extremely nice and do everything to ensure that you enjoy yourself and have a great experience.

Excellent Grounds

Great course, grounds were in excellent condition. The fairways were awesome, almost like carpet. Greens were also in great condition. Only thing I did not like was that they allow walkers on the weekends in the mornings which really slow down the pace, also allowing groups of more than four on the weekends impacts the pace of play.

Best Deal In Town for a great course

Played the course on way home from the Women Open and glad we did. Found this to be a GREAT value on a very nice course. The staff (Tom the owner, pro, and pr man) was honest about the course conditions and the work still being done. Inside the "ropes" tee-fairways and greens were very pleasant surprise, the price was a great value, the greens were as good as any in Pinehurst area. Well worth the trip outside of town.

Great Value!

Played on the morning of the US open and pace of play was excellent. The staff was very friendly and helpful explaining some of the details of the course to us. They have done some renovations and although they are not completely finished yet the course was in very good shape with the greens in excellent condition. Waste areas and pine straws definitely make it feel like a Pinehurst Golf course. A great value for the price, I would recommend as an alternative to the high priced area courses.

Great experience

I have been playing Deercroft for about 20 years now. I live in Cincinnati and visit the area a couple of times a year. I have always enjoyed this course because I grew up playing with my Dad and Grandpa, and that helped with the nostalgia, but now I have other reasons to love the course. The new management have done a tremendous job making this course absolutely enjoyable to play. The fairways were a 9 out of 10 and the greens were fantastic. I would highly recommend if you are in the Pinehurst area to take the 15 mile trip to play Deercroft. Did I fail to mention the price is right!!!

Great layout

Great layout. Course in great shape although greens were punched a few weeks ago, so that's to be expected. Very picturesque holes.

Rockingham, North Carolina