Wendell Country Club

Year Built 1974
Greens Champion Ultradwarf Bermuda Grass
Architect Ken Dye

Good course

Considering all the rain we had lately this course was in pretty good condition. Pace of play was decent.

Commented on 02/20/2020

Hi jdhockeygod91. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us highly in spite of the recent weather. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Wendell Country Club.

Commented on 02/11/2020

Hello, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review and rate your recent experience with us. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future to turn your thoughts around!

A chilly but sunny day

Course was moderately busy. Pace of play was good. It was cart path only so I did get in a good bit of walking, Staff was very friendly!! Greens were in good shape considering time of year., Biggest disappointment is the cart path. It really needs repair.

Commented on 01/31/2020

Hi, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Wendell Country Club.

It's a good course but it's overpriced

Unfortunately the greens fees have gone up substantially over the past few years. As a non-member I look elsewhere for a better price fee.

Commented on 01/31/2020

Hello, thank you for reviewing the course. Your feedback about the price of our course is extremely important to us. We always want to make sure we are offering golfers a competitive price for their round. It is our goal to give visitors the best chance to get out and play more. Thank you for playing Wendell Country Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Staff needs customer appreciation training

I played this course many times in the past and never had an issue with front desk but recently I have encountered a check in that was less than pleasant. Sure I'm using online vouchers and different ways of playing the course that should not be an issue or even brought up when I check in. the
The course decides when and where to place discounts out there and then the consumer decides whether or not to purchase them. this is a recent development for the course they used to have very nice guys running the desk but the current weekend help there is ruining a lot of golfers day not just mine I'm sure.

Commented on 01/31/2020

Hello, thanks for the review. We see you rated the course 1-star. We take single star feedback very seriously at our course and always appreciate the feedback. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop. Thank you for playing Wendell Country Club.

Nice course, small greens

The overall layout of the course was good. Staff and amenities were good. The greens are quite small with quite a bit of elevation changes on the greens. Fun but challenging. Overall I had a nice time.

Commented on 01/31/2020

Hi Ewing. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Wendell Country Club.

Fun time

My son-in-law and I walked the course in just over 3 hours. Even with a half inch of rain last night, the course was in good condition. Greens were great.. We’ll be back!

Commented on 12/29/2019

Hi Mike. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 star recommendation and for choosing to book your round with us at Wendell Country Club.

Fairways do not exist

This is the course I lose most balls at because even if you hit the ball perfectly straight, you might not be able to find it. The reason is that there is basically no fairway at all. It is all rough and overgrown.

Commented on 12/17/2019

Hi, tbutt. Thank you for taking the time to review the course and provide your feedback. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course is extremely important to us. Please know that the current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game, and we will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Wendell Country Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Good learning course

Not a lot in the way of hazards, relatively flat overall. Great place to learn.

Commented on 11/12/2019

Hi Aaron. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Wendell Country Club.

To be desired

For the most part this is a fair golf course; I’ve been playing it for a few years now; it has changed quite a bit in the last three years, personnel have come and gone.. some should have stayed away . The amenities are adequate. The ladies that work behind the counter in the lounge area are excellent with great personalities.
The negatives are noticeable. The membership seems to feel entitled and there is no ranger out on the course. So if you want to have a decent pace of play there’s no one to do anything about it and some of the established members feel entitled to take three and four putts on a green with three or four different balls while they’re aware that you’re waiting at a T box...
And not all; but about 90% of the people that work behind the counter have the personalities of a sheet of drywall. Other than that it’s an OK place...

Commented on 02/07/2020

Hi Mark1484310! Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back!

Commented on 10/07/2019

Hi, thank you so much for the great review and rating of us! We are so glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Wendell Country Club.

Commented on 09/23/2019

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We see you rated the course 3-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve before your next round? Please feel free to comment on this review or reach out to the team in the golf shop for further clarification. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Wendell Country Club, and we hope to hear from you soon.

September 21

Nice course. Very short. Greens were very sandy but putted reasonably well.

Good value for the money. I would play it again.

Commented on 09/23/2019

A Gem for the Area

The management has worked hard getting the course in excellent condition, Greens are in great shape if a bit fast with all the slope they have. Good job.

Commented on 09/06/2019

Hi Lenton, thank you for taking the time to rate your recent round with us at Wendell Country Club! We appreciate the feedback and would love to learn more about how we can continue to provide you and other golfers with an excellent experience. Please feel free to comment further or reach out to our staff in the pro shop for further insight. We look forward to having you back again soon!

9.2.19

Decent value for the price. 5 hour round with no rangers to be seen. Waited 2-3 mins on every tee box. Some fairways needed some attention due to broadleaf infestation.. Greens were pretty nice with a bit of undulation.

Good course, horrid pace

Played a round on a Saturday morning and was told by the starter he was going to get us out ahead of the mens league for pace of play. Really appreciated, but the pace was horrid with a group with two holes clear, that refused to let multiple foursomes that had backed up behind them play through. Not a marshal in sight. Course was in good condition and otherwise had a good round!

Good course

Course was in pretty good condition, fairways were a little rough but overall a nice course for the price

What a nice surprise!

For some reason, I had low expectations when I arrived. But I was pleasantly surprised with the course conditions, including the greens. We played as a twosome and never waited to hit a shot. Just a fun day of golf.

Greens were redone a couple of years ago due to a bad winter and are in good condition.

Clayton, North Carolina
Clayton, North Carolina
Zebulon, North Carolina
Garner, North Carolina
Wake Forest, North Carolina

Valid dates: Apr 01, 2020 - Oct 31, 2020
Bring your game and Make it Grand when you stay on the Stay and Play Golf package. Experience The Brute, a stunning 7,300-yard American classic or The Highlands, a picturesque landscape of scenic hills, trickling creeks and lush foliage.