Willow Springs Country Club

Walking Allowed Yes, on weekdays only

Available Activities

Swimming

Classic...but disappointing....

Classic old style course with a lot of history. Conditions not great, but good enough for the price ($25). The course showed as being wide open with tee times available every ten minutes, all afternoon. So living in Wake Forest and only being a single, I figured I’d get around pretty quickly...even walking. I was wrong. When checking in, the guy in the shop said they had an alternate shot tournament going on (parent/child). I went ahead and decided to play. I didn’t mind the slow play as I was just out for practice and exercise...but only got through 6 holes in 2 hours when I quit. Not because of the slow play...but because the greens keeper decided to jump out and change pin positions on two different greens when I was ready to hit. On 7, a par 3, he did it knowing I was standing on the tee ready to hit....unreal. I walked off at that point. I even told one of the managers as I was walking to my car and he didn’t even apologize....Totally clueless...I won’t be back and won’t recommend to others.

Old Time Gem

Started playing here alot lately because it's not busy and I can practice alittle more on course. The staff is really nice, course is nice and I don't know why they're not busier to be honest. I don't like reviewing courses on golfnow because if I rate it really high they raise the golf fees! Go figure! Course has alot of history being established/built in 1915. Very nice set up with no crazy holes out in front of you. The only negative I have of this place is when you get a small 3 dollar bag of balls to hit on the range prior to your round it only has like 20 balls in it! I'm like are you kidding me! But anyway.....Nice course and highly recommend you check it out. I'll be back for sure. I drive all the way there from Morrisville NC.

REAL Golf

The staff is very friendly and this course has so much history. Most courses today are pretentious and high priced. Almost as if golf is being given back to the elite. This course is inspired by Donald Ross and has been around since 1915. The price is affordable to ALL golfers and it's challenging but fair. A fantastic walking course because there are is no wasted space or huge elevation changes. This course might be my favorite since moving to the area over a year ago.

Awesome Value

It's hard for me to believe this course is only rated 3 stars. Well maintained fairways and greens. Played on a weekend for around 20 dollars. Terrific value and very pleasant course!

Real Bargain for the Cost

The value for the money is excellent. Old style course with tee locations for all. Enjoyed the day.

I know the course has been around for over 100 years but it’s condition was horrible. Stumps and roots everywhere, dead greens and the cart path was like an off road track. The staff was very friendly but it doesn’t make up for the two teenagers who kept hitting up on us the whole time and the two seniors crawling along in front of us. You get what you pay for I guess.

Nice layout, great value - needs some attention

Drove a bit from Raleigh area to check out this venue, a former small-town country club. A true trip into the past. Played on a $20 discount voucher.

Facilities showing significant age, but it was a fun day. Staff was consistently friendly and helpfull. Smalllish range on the back side of the cart barn had good turf and was adequate for warming up. Practice putting green was very small and overly sloped. Nice day, weather-wise. Course was soggy from recent rains.

First tee featured a throwback ball rack like you used to see at your local muni. Tees were shaggy throughout, especially the blue tees. Check the card before deciding on tees - the front nine blues are 3,600 yards!

This is a fun layout on a compact piece of land - a very walkable course. Walking would be a good idea - cart paths are well past their prime. Fairways were in good shape. Small greens were very slow and showed evidence of winter kill. Bunkers were reasonably well-groomed.

It's a hoof from Raleigh, but a fun day and good value at $20. Wish they had the resources to spruce things up and tighten the conditions.

Wilson, North Carolina