Championship 72 6515 yards 70.1 130
Middle 72 6213 yards 68.7 124
Senior 72 5748 yards 67.0 113
Ladies 72 4481 yards 65.3 106
Scorecard for Olde Homeplace
Championship M: 70.1/130 351 472 147 331 524 426 190 350 535 3326 382 377 176 165 366 397 346 418 562 3189 6515
Middle M: 68.7/124 324 462 137 307 496 402 180 340 525 3173 348 367 166 155 356 386 334 393 535 3040 6213
Senior M: 67.0/113 314 442 122 271 461 377 158 317 475 2937 338 352 152 145 339 353 298 343 491 2811 5748
Ladies W: 65.3/106 241 388 107 189 400 317 103 260 383 2388 264 298 116 84 221 267 209 258 376 2093 4481

Year Built 1992
Architect Mark Charles

Golf Simulator No
Indoor Practice No

Credit Cards Accepted VISA, MasterCard, Discover Welcomed

Good value

This is a good value course for the money you pay. It’s a pretty open course that’s fun for a round of golf with your buddies. It’s not a high end type place. But the grass is cut and the greens may be slow but they roll very smooth. There is a good bit of elevation change and just enough forced carries to keep it interesting. They offer a $2 discount for cash payment and I paid $37 for that on a Sunday. All in all it’s good for a fun round with friends.

Great little track for money

Course is open, not a ton of trouble. Not terribly long, but still a good challenge. Rolling hills, pretty course. Greens ran real well for the winter. Super value for the price in my opinion. Would certainly play again.

Fun Course

Played here last year with a group of friends and really enjoyed it. So we came back this year when we were in the area. This is a fun course. It’s not overly hard. And it’s pretty wide open. Almost a links feel. Lots of elevation change helps defend the course. But again. It’s a place you can go and shoot a good score. The course is in good shape for the most part. Fairways and greens had full coverage. Although sometimes there wasn’t much difference in the fairways and the rough. The greens rolled pretty good a little on the slow side in my opinion but they were in pretty good shape. The tees were ok. Some spots were chewed up. Especially on the par 3. It’s a good place to go with your buddies and have a good time. It’s a good price too with e $2 discount if you pay cash.

North Carolina Advisor

Pleasantly Surprising & Fun Course

I have no idea why people rated this course so low. Olde Homeplace was a pleasant surprise for just $31 on a Saturday afternoon. Were conditions perfect? No, but the course is a fun layout with a variety of unique holes on rolling farmland. You have to hit a variety of shots to score well, but there’s plenty of leeway all over the course as well. Great practice area and the GPS systems were a nice feature as well. I think this place is definitely worth a play if you’re in the area.

OVERALL: 7.7/10

Unfriendly people

I went to play 18 holes at 4:15 and they said carts must be in at 8:00. After that I offered to walk and they also said that was not allowed because it would be too late. From the time you enter the clubhouse you will feel like a nuisance to the staff. On another occasion I went to hit range balls at 7:30 and they would not sell me range balls. If you want to feel unwanted then this is the course for you. Do yourselves a favor and drive to Pine Knolls if you must play golf in Kernersville. Whatever you do GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!!

Fun Course-decent shape

Played here with a group of friends on a Monday. Called early in the morning and got us two tee times later in the morning. We got there and two of our group were running behind. The guy in the pro shop was very friendly. Said don't worry about it just go ahead when they get here. The weekday rates were $28 or $26 if you paid cash. About the only food they had was hot dogs and chips/snacks. But that's all we needed. The course was in decent shape. The tees and fairways were mown although some of the tees were a little messed up. But not enough to bother your play. The fairways really weren't that much different than the rough. They were both mown about the same. But were in good shape. Again there were some weeds here and there but nothing to bother play. The greens were pretty good. They looked good and would be better if players fixed their ball marks! The course is not overly hard. (Maybe I think this Bc I shot my lowest round ever here). But it's wide open off the tee. Not a lot of water or bunkers to get you in trouble. But there are a ton of elevation changes to challenge you. It's unique in that the front has 3 par 5 and is par 37. The back has 1 par 5 and is par 35 with the two par 3 being back to back. All in all take your buddies and go have a fun enjoyable round at a decent price!

Fire the Starter

The worst organization and rudest people I've ever dealt with on a golf course. Starter decided to take it upon himself to get disrespectful and confrontational. Beyond absurd and absolutely classless. Our group will not return.

15a74e15-6ad7-5126-9b97-a2643b093db7
dyamane
Commented On 09/17/2015

Interested to know what happened and why?

Enjoyable course, great layout

I have played Olde Homeplace close to 10 times and I always enjoy my round there. The layout is challenging but offers plenty opportunity for scoring

The course is certainly still seeing the effects of this years winter kill. There are obvious efforts underway to re-sod areas on many fairways, so be prepared to see plenty of "grounds under repair" areas. Overall this did not negatively impact my round, however you should be aware that the fairways are not yet back to the usual standards for this course. The greens were in fine condition and rolled quite well.

Must play

This is one of the friendly courses that I play. Anyone who plays it will enjoy

Much improved greens!

Played this course many times over the years but my biggest complaint has always been the SLOW greens (so much so that our group stopped playing there). Very pleased to say the greens were much faster this time around. Look forward to returning soon!

This is one of the best courses around High Point. Well maintained, they have a good practice facility. It is a layout that can challenge you to hit good shots. I have lived in this area for 57 years, and never played here until this year. I think I cheated myself. I love to play this course, and will play a lot of it now.

Consistent quality

The team at Olde Homeplace consistently provides quality conditions for a trip to the links. The staff is friendly, accommodating and provide a good experience. Course was in very good condition. Pace of play was very good - faster than other times I've been to the course. We always enjoy ourselves here!

First Time

My partner and I were surprised at how much we enjoyed this course. We are both high handicap players but we did not feel that the course was too difficult. Good variety with the holes and the par fives were manageable. Did not feel that the staff in the club house was very friendly but they were not rude. I hope that we can get back to the course very soon even though we are from the next city East of the course.

Not friendly to Beginners and Juniors

Playing on a Monday with my 15 yr old daughter and her boyfriend, also 15 and his Dad. Had a tee time of 1:46, didn't get underway until 2:30. Bunny hop tourney was just finishing up and the Manager said once they were done we'd pretty much have the course to ourselves. Was told by the Manager that he only had 4 more tee times booked for the afternoon. I said good because we had a beginner with us. Took us 2 1/2 hours to make the turn. My daughter is new to the game and her boyfriend was working with her so it took a little longer to play nine.

Made the turn and was told we took to long and that we couldn't play the back nine. Ah, ok. The way it was handled was what was so bad. The starter literally yelled at my teenage daughter who came to me confused and upset (she's new) saying the man said we had to stop playing. The starter didn't have the common courtesy to address an adult, being me, about the situation. We couldn't finish due to to league play that was starting at 5. Had we been told this upfront we would have never made a tee time.

After confronting the Starter he then proceeded to arrogantly explain to us it should only take two hours or less to play nine holes. Yah...ok. I reminded him of our earlier conversation that we had a beginner. Said that didn't matter. Funny how It wasn't a concern until after our money was in the cash register. Fact is they knew we couldn't play 18 but took our money anyway. Gave us rain-checks, no refunds allowed, for nine holes at a later date which only paid for green fees...HUH? After all this why would we want to come back?

Very poor communication and customer service. I guess if your a advanced golfer or better you should go play Olde Homeplace. If not go elsewhere, they dislike beginner and junior golfers, Once we use our rain checks, no other choice given and if we ever do, we're never going back. There are plenty of better local courses that could use the money and won't treat you so badly.

Great

Great greens, Great course conditions..staff not very friendly

Fun and in great shape!!!!!!!!! I would definately play again. Cannot beat the price

Its Been Awhile

Its been about 20 years since I've played Olde Homeplace, in fact that wasn't even the name of the course back then. Since that time, they have done a nice job at making the course more challenging. The course has been lengthened significantly. Its still a fun course to play, gives you plenty of room off the tees and good greens to putt. My biggest complaint was the pace of play. It was super slow. When it take 5+ hours to play, that's has to be on the club house for over booking. And looking at other reviews, there's a tend there. I would have rated the course higher except for the pace. I'm certain I will go back but I have to realize its going to be like this and patience is a must. Take lots of beer and have a good 4 some and enjoy the day and golf. It is a good place to play.

Good course

Nothing stuck out as amazing. The course was in good shape for the weather that we've had the last few weeks and staff was very friendly. We got a good rate of 16 a person. I would play here again.

over booked

I set up a tee time through golf now for 1223. When I got to the course I was told that golf now had over booked and our tee time was 1253. Also since we had booked with golf now that we had to play with another twosome that had also booked with golf now. It took 5 1/2 hrs to play, not because of our play, it was just so crowded.

Old Homeplace review

Excellent course. Challenging but fair. The fairways are wide enough for a high handicapper like me to stay out of trouble, and the greens are not too fast so putting is fair. The back nine seems a little tougher than the front.

Colfax, North Carolina